+ Reply to Thread
Page 205 of 409 FirstFirst ... 105 155 195 203 204 205 206 207 215 255 305 ... LastLast
Results 4,081 to 4,100 of 8179

Thread: Funimation DVD Discussion IV (Please Check First Post for FAQ)

Default Re: Funimation DVD Discussion IV (Please Check First Post for FAQ)

Quote Originally Posted by LUFFY#1 fan View Post
    Zephray went on a tour at FUNimation and said we should expect something at NYCC which he wouldn't elaborate on, so we'll see if that comes to fruition.
    Trust me, I'll be the most disappointed of all of us if it falls through for some reason. haha. It does seem weird to me that they'd announce something without even having an OP panel. Maybe a surprise panel incoming? Idk if they do that.

I exist...I guess....

NYCC has already started; any planned panels should be announced at this point.

If Funimation plan to make an announcement it's most likely going to be at the industry panel. They don’t need to have an OP-centric panel or anything to announce something.
    Last edited by midod; October 3rd, 2019 at 05:28 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by midod View Post
    NYCC has already started; any planned panels should be announced at this point.

If Funimation plan to make an announcement it's most likely going to be at the industry panel. They don’t need to have an OP-centric panel or anything to announce something.

There is a One Piece event from Funimation. It's a 20th Anniversary event starting at 20.00pm on Saturday until midnight. It's on their blog. It does say beneath that there is more to be revealed - not sure if that's more in terms of events and panels in general, or specific to One Piece.
    Last edited by Luffy_80; October 3rd, 2019 at 05:55 PM.

I exist...I guess....

Quote Originally Posted by Luffy_80 View Post
    There is a One Piece event from Funimation. It's a 20th Anniversary event starting at 20.00pm on Saturday until midnight.
    Yes, I’m aware, but it’s not really a con panel

It does say beneath that there is more to be revealed - not sure if that's more in terms of events and panels in general, or specific to One Piece.
    Or it means they haven’t updated that post to remove that statement. Again, the con has already started and there has been no word from Funi or the con itself about a One Piece panel, so I see no reason to expect any.

Quote Originally Posted by Luffy_80 View Post
    There is a One Piece event from Funimation. It's a 20th Anniversary event starting at 20.00pm on Saturday until midnight. It's on their blog. It does say beneath that there is more to be revealed - not sure if that's more in terms of events and panels in general, or specific to One Piece.
    I feel like I’ve heard of surprise screenings before. I won’t be surprised if they have a sudden Stampede screening for attendees. In any case, I’m anxious for Saturday; here’s hoping that’s the day.

--- Update From New Post Merge ---

Been rewatching episode of East Blue. For the Nami episode, most everyone sounds the same but ever so slightly different—Belemere, Cho, Genzo, and Nojiko. But you can only tell small differences if you listen to them side by side, so it’s really no big deal. Just comes with aging and trying to get back into the exact tone of a very old character—hard thing to avoid. Nezumi was the only stand out difference, but the new actor was trying to imitate the old one, so the difference wasn’t too too extreme. Arlong sounds pitch-perfect; that actor really knows that voice.

So I guess in the end my initial statement about the characters sounding different was half right and half wrong—from bad memory. There are a few characters who sound notably different in this special, but most characters sound exactly the same or very close; I think Shanks and Young Luffy bothered me the most.

Today’s the day (I hope!)! Weirdly, they don’t have any panels scheduled for Sunday.

Just over an hour remaining until the panel. Please Funimation. I can't take this any more.

Is there going to be a livestream?

Quote Originally Posted by AceLuffy4ever View Post
    Is there going to be a livestream?
    They haven't mentioned one, so I'd say no. I hang around on twitter and search using the Funimation Panel hash tag.

I exist...I guess....

Here is a live blog of the industry panel:

https://www.funimation.com/blog/2019...el-nycc-anime/

I hope a snapchat filter won't be the only OP related thing lol

Im started to get worried, since the only one piece home video the talked about was Episode of East Blue smh

Well.... who the fuck knows now.

Did anyone else watch the special feature on Episode of East Blue. It seems pretty clear they are continuing. We may hear something once Episode of Skypiea finally comes out. I think that is the last special, right? Or maybe they will loop around.

I think they will have an announcement on the 20th. Just give it to us, Funi.

Well I suppose I should just starting use my main account now instead of my old cringey one from 4 years ago lol. (TheGreatCaptainUsopp for context)

Anyways yeah, gonna just wait and see at this point - they clearly don't have any intention of dropping the series and Stampede being dubbed and screened theatrically is a pretty good sign that things are still moving over there. I wish we got something during NYCC but these Industry Panels always seem to disappoint lmao so oh well I guess.
    One Piece sakuga nut and resident Katsumi Ishizuka fanboy

Twitter: https://twitter.com/SkippyTheRobot
    YouTube: https://www.youtube.com/channel/UC0Z...2JQKXRBkCGSHzw

I exist...I guess....

Personally, I don't really get my hopes up the way I see some others do; you're just as likely (if not more) to see something announced through social media (or solicitations) nowadays then at a convention panel. I mean, I still keep up with them just in case, but I don't ever really go in expecting anything. The only reason I slightly anticipated someting this time is because someone here claimed we would get something here…

I’m holding out hope until the end of the convention.

Seriously, if they have been keeping us waiting all this time just so they can say "happy anniversary One Piece fans, Punk Hazard Arc is coming dubbed to home video soon". That isn't something you keep people waiting a year and a half for.
    All that's doing, is meeting the minimum requirement for their licensing agreement. If they announce Punk Hazard and Dressrosa are going to be released on a regular schedule, then that would be something - we haven't had anything like that since Impel Down and Marineford.

While a part of me would really like to see the dub returning, it's so far behind that I am kind of feeling ambivalent to if it returns, especially since the upcoming arcs that the dub needs to get through are pretty underwhelming anime wise.

What I really think they should do at this point is to continue from a pretty recent point(like Reverie or Wano) and simultaneously continue from where they left off, like what they did after the their acquisition of one piece from 4kids, but that probably won't happen.

+ Reply to Thread

Thread Information