+ Reply to Thread
Page 198 of 211 FirstFirst ... 98 148 188 196 197 198 199 200 208 ... LastLast
Results 3,941 to 3,960 of 4204

Thread: Funimation DVD Discussion IV (Please Check First Post for FAQ)

Default Re: Funimation DVD Discussion IV (Please Check First Post for FAQ)

Just got out of a Funimation studio tour. All I can say is that we should look forward to NYCC. :D

Quote Originally Posted by RoboBlue View Post
    Dubs in general are declining in popularity.
    I'm very skeptical about that. If that were the case than Funimation would likely be slowing down on the properties they license and then dub as part of their simuldub program. Sentai wouldn't be advertising their dubcast on Hidive or decide to dub a series they've had for years and for some reason are now dubbing. Discotek (while being a mostly sub only company for more niche titles) wouldn't providing new dubs for properties they've licensed (like the Lupin moves). Nor would Netflix continue dubbing anime they've licensed (although I do recall some of their initial titles were sub only for awhile).

This next bit isn't aimed at you, but to others who've posted that Netflix would somehow bungle a One Piece dub (due to music rights among other things), Funimation has also had similar problems with music rights in the past and present. Re-releases of Speed Grapher still don't have Duran Duran's "Girls on Film" as the opening and when they released the orange bricks for Dragon Ball Z some buyers noticed that musical scores for certain scenes of the anime (such as Piccolo's death during the Saiyan Saga and Gohan going SS2 after Cell crushes 16's head) were switched out with the more regular scores that were played during the series. Also considering that Funimation couldn't get the rights to "Hands Up!" due to copyright issues, than I'm not sure Netflix would be able to do any better and I doubt they would just use "We Go!" for the entire series.

--- Update From New Post Merge ---

Quote Originally Posted by Zephray View Post
    Just got out of a Funimation studio tour. All I can say is that we should look forward to NYCC. :D
    Looks like someone heard some good news!

This is encouraging. It's early for the anniversary. I just hope it's TV Series dub news.

Probably best not to say anything, but no worries, guys. Only two more weeks until an announcement.
    Last edited by Zephray; September 19th, 2019 at 05:36 PM.

If we're lucky maybe Jango's Dance Carnival will finally get a dub.

Probably best not to say anything, but no worries, guys. Only two more weeks until an announcement.
    Good! I hope you're right.

On similarly hopeful news a shonen brethren, today we FINALLY got Bleach Set 5 streeted for December, so that's two good shonen news pieces in one day. I'm willing to bet Bleach was a materials delay or something (Viz has never released episodes 190ish to 220ish in HD before, as far as I know, despite them being available in widescreen and HD). I wonder if One Piece was the same.

Duuuude

How does one get a studio tour?

Heh, that's the first time I've seen you so optimistic. That must mean there's some good news to look forward to.

I swear if this is some trick lol, not that I don't expect there to be something soon since NYCC is during the anniversary and there's a big push for the series there - coupled with the recent announcement of Stampede being dubbed

So I recently got back into purchasing with the collections. Whats the current situation with Funimation and One Piece? They haven't dubbed in two years? What was the last episode/arc?
    Folks who read One Piece... Just better people. Į\_(ツ)_/Į

Quote Originally Posted by RomanceDawn View Post
    So I recently got back into purchasing with the collections. Whats the current situation with Funimation and One Piece? They haven't dubbed in two years? What was the last episode/arc?
    574, the end of Fishman Island in Season 9 Voyage Five.
    It's not available in collection form yet because there aren't enough episodes to make another collection.

are you trolling, how'd you even get to go on a tour?
    I made this terrible username 8 years ago!

Oh wow. Im excited now, but please don't change plans funimation and give us the simuldub!!!!!

Quote Originally Posted by LUFFY#1 fan View Post
    are you trolling, how'd you even get to go on a tour?
    A mod on Funimation's forums says they don't do public tours. Also this answer on Yahoo! Answers gives an outline as to who gets tour Funimation's Studios:

https://answers.yahoo.com/question/i...1L3rYrPpjgVMMC

I don't want to doubt Zephray since this is the closest thing we've had to any news concerning the main series.

Quote Originally Posted by Moriah View Post
    A mod on Funimation's forums says they don't do public tours. Also this answer on Yahoo! Answers gives an outline as to who gets tour Funimation's Studios:

https://answers.yahoo.com/question/i...1L3rYrPpjgVMMC

I don't want to doubt Zephray since this is the closest thing we've had to any news concerning the main series.
    I'd like to think he isn't trolling, like that article you link said they do let some people on tours like press/media/celebs. I don't know Zephray's personal life or connections so I didn't want to doubt him...but I don't want to 100% believe him without proof either.
    I made this terrible username 8 years ago!

Nah. They do them once a month, and they’re open to the public with appointments. My fiancť promised we’d go for my birthday...in 2018. We live in the state but not too close, so we didn’t do it for a long time. But when I heard Stampede was getting dubbed, I wanted to get over there ASAP to have a chance to see them dub it or maybe be lucky enough to do background voices. No luck on either count. Colleen dubbed her scenes earlier that day and Mike walked by in the hallway very briefly. ...but we saw the trailer people making the dub trailer for Stampede (even though the scenes haven’t all been dubbed yet). I’m betting we get that two weeks or so from now.

Spoiler: I don’t want to get anyone in trouble over there by revealing secret info, especially when the announcement date is so close and I don’t know particulars. That said, I can tell you what I didn’t get any news on: a simildub. If they have that planned, they kept it a secret from me. So I’ll be hoping, like the rest of you, for some sort of announcement about that eventually.

Anyways, all very exciting and a blast. And I hope no one from Funimation sees me posting this here, though maybe I’ve been quiet enough that they won’t mind. Their office was insane. Huge. Like over a hundred people work there, there’s something like eight private recording studios, and the merch at everyone’s cubicles/offices is on overload (frankly, a mess). I loved it.

Minor proof; sent this to my friends in Discord before going in:

https://imgur.com/IWQh7HV

EDIT: I cut the person’s name in charge of tours because I see this news “rumor” is already spreading like wildfire and I don’t want people emailing Funimation referencing this and asking about tours that they can’t even go to due to distance. If anyone wants a tour and is actually near enough to go on one, stop by their location in Flower Mound and just ask. Hopefully they don’t end tours because of idiots like me hinting at shit before it’s released. I’m trying not to actually break any news here. Wait a few weeks, folks.
    Last edited by Zephray; September 19th, 2019 at 11:13 PM.

Nah. They do them once a month, and they’re open to the public with appointments. My fiancť promised we’d go for my birthday...in 2018. We live in the state but not too close, so we didn’t do it for a long time. But when I heard Stampede was getting dubbed, I wanted to get over there ASAP to have a chance to see them dub it or maybe be lucky enough to do background voices. No luck on either count. Colleen dubbed her scenes earlier that day and Mike walked by in the hallway very briefly. ...but we saw the trailer people making the dub trailer for Stampede (even though the scenes haven’t all been dubbed yet). I’m betting we get that two weeks or so from now.

Spoiler: I don’t want to get anyone in trouble over there by revealing secret info, especially when the announcement date is so close and I don’t know particulars. That said, I can tell you what I didn’t get any news on: a simildub. If they have that planned, they kept it a secret from me. So I’ll be hoping, like the rest of you, for some sort of announcement about that eventually.

Anyways, all very exciting and a blast. And I hope no one from Funimation sees me posting this here, though maybe I’ve been quiet enough that they won’t mind. Their office was insane. Huge. Like over a hundred people work there, there’s something like eight private recording studios, and the merch at everyone’s cubicles/offices is on overload (frankly, a mess). I loved it.

Minor proof; sent this to my friends in Discord before going in:

https://imgur.com/IWQh7HV

EDIT: I cut the person’s name in charge of tours because I see this news “rumor” is already spreading like wildfire and I don’t want people emailing Funimation referencing this and asking about tours that they can’t even go to due to distance. If anyone wants a tour and is actually near enough to go on one, stop by their location in Flower Mound and just ask. Hopefully they don’t end tours because of idiots like me hinting at shit before it’s released. I’m trying not to actually break any news here. Wait a few weeks, folks.
    Thank you and sorry about putting you in the position to divulge more information. I got into a back and forth with a user at Funimation's forum, who whines incessantly about how Funimation is a terrible company because they won't focus solely on One Piece and encourages bad ideas like pestering staff members at cons and the mods on the forum for more information about why they haven't released more episodes (which none of them can do without potentially harming their relationship with Toei).

I think your good unless you told someone there your username on this forum. Though I don't know why they would get mad, since you only mentioned minor stuff about Stampede which they already announced on their blog and the OP Podcast tweeted out the dates the movie will be screened.

EDIT: Removing names at Zephray's request.
    Last edited by Moriah; September 20th, 2019 at 08:25 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by Moriah View Post
    Thank you and sorry about putting you in the position to divulge more information. I got into a back and forth with a user at Funimation's forum, who whines incessantly about how Funimation is a terrible company because they won't focus solely on One Piece and encourages bad ideas like pestering staff members at cons and the mods on the forum for more information about why they haven't released more episodes (which none of them can do without potentially harming their relationship with Toei).

I think your good unless you told someone there your username on this forum. Though I don't know why they would get mad, since you only mentioned minor stuff about Stampede which they already announced on their blog and the OP Podcast tweeted out the dates the movie will be screened.

As for the voice actors you mentioned only Daman Mills, Brad Kurtz, and John Tillman have done voice work for One Piece. None of them have Wikipedia pages so I had to off of ANN and the One Piece Wiki. According to them Daman Mills voiced Tanaka and Kelly Funk in Film Gold and Episode of Sabo respectively and John Tillman voiced Rosward. According to ANN Brad Kurtz was in the main series, Film Gold, and Episode of Sabo, but they don't name any specific roles, so it's likely he did voices for unnamed background characters.

The only characters in Stampede who haven't had their dub voice actors revealed yet are Douglas Bullet, Buena Festa, Donald Moderate, Ann, and the new voices for Sabo, Sengoku, Teach, and apparently Urouge, which is odd since his article says Major Attaway is his dub voice actor and I don't know if he retired or moved on to a different project.
    If you could remove the names mention I made on this forum (in your quote here and on the Funimation forum), that would be great. I don’t want the poor woman getting a million emails tomorrow asking about tours and leaks. Clearly I was stupid enough in posting this here to not even consider that it would instantly make its way to the Funimation forums, which they are far more likely to read. Here’s hoping they don’t cancel the tours because of shit like this. I guess they should have people sign NDAs; I’m just such a frequent member of this forum it felt shoddy not to put all our worried minds at ease.

I think those voices were for Arifureta and another show I’m not sure I can name. Probably not OP. I’m betting Colleen was the only person recording for Stampede today.

If you could remove the names mention I made on this forum (in your quote here and on the Funimation forum), that would be great. I donít want the poor woman getting a million emails tomorrow asking about tours and leaks. Clearly I was stupid enough in posting this here to not even consider that it would instantly make its way to the Funimation forums, which they are far more likely to read. Hereís hoping they donít cancel the tours because of shit like this. I guess they should have people sign NDAs; Iím just such a frequent member of this forum it felt shoddy not to put all our worried minds at ease.

I think those voices were for Arifureta and another show Iím not sure I can name. Probably not OP. Iím betting Colleen was the only person recording for Stampede today.
    I'd like to respond to the message you sent, but I can't because it says you "exceeded their stored private messages quota and cannot accept further messages until they clear some space".

Duuuude

Episode of East Blue has shipped. Arriving on Friday, September 27 for me.

+ Reply to Thread

Thread Information