+ Reply to Thread
Page 194 of 195 FirstFirst ... 94 144 184 192 193 194 195 LastLast
Results 3,861 to 3,880 of 3900

Thread: Funimation DVD Discussion IV (Please Check First Post for FAQ)

Default Re: Funimation DVD Discussion IV (Please Check First Post for FAQ)

YESYESYES! Finally, something!
    God, this has been the worst kept secret. If she's fine with publicly mentioning the Stampede dub, an announcement might come next week or sooner!

Duuuude

Well...I guess the cat's out of the bag!

Funimation just announced the theatrical release!
    https://twitter.com/FUNimation/statu...786369024?s=19

Finally official announcement. Both subbed and dubbed release confirmed by ANN

https://www.animenewsnetwork.com/new...s-fall/.150948
    Last edited by MugiwaraPirate; September 10th, 2019 at 11:01 AM.

Good, but Iím of course bummed they didnít announce PH alongside it.

Sub and dub is surprising but welcomed. I'm more concerned about how wide the theatrical release will be.

Great that Stampede is getting a dub, and I hate to sound like a broken record, but where's Punk Hazard?.
    It's the December Solicitations on Monday, but I have zero expectation.
    Last edited by Luffy_80; September 10th, 2019 at 12:29 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by Luffy_80 View Post
    Great that Stampede is getting a dub, and I hate to sound like a broken record, but where's Punk Hazard?.
    It's the December Solicitations on Monday, but I have zero expectation.
    I have a feeling an announcement is coming on One Piece anime 20th anniversary. If you look at One Piece official Facebook page, you will see that they changed profile pic and background to One Piece old classic look. A big celebration is coming up with an announcement of punk hazard, and maybe simuldub (hopefully)

Quote Originally Posted by MugiwaraPirate View Post
    I have a feeling an announcement is coming on One Piece anime 20th anniversary. If you look at One Piece official Facebook page, you will see that they changed profile pic and background to One Piece old classic look.
    What was it before?

A big celebration is coming up with an announcement of punk hazard, and maybe simuldub (hopefully)
    Very unlikely; don't play with my heart.

Quote Originally Posted by Zephray View Post
    What was it before?

Very unlikely; don't play with my heart.
    I think it was a New world Luffy with a Wano background, but I'm not sure I don't remember.

Let me live in with my delusion for some time haha, but seriously maybe thats why they took so much time to announce the new season to prepare for a simuldub

I have a feeling an announcement is coming on One Piece anime 20th anniversary. If you look at One Piece official Facebook page, you will see that they changed profile pic and background to One Piece old classic look. A big celebration is coming up with an announcement of punk hazard, and maybe simuldub (hopefully)
    Hopefully you are right, I'm sure a lot of us are tired of being pessimistic about the future of the release of the series.
    I made this terrible username 8 years ago!

A big celebration is coming up with an announcement of punk hazard, and maybe simuldub (hopefully)
    I remember in 2015 that Josh Kocurek said that Funimation was considering doing a simuldub for One Piece, but nothing ever came of it and I don't remember if there was anything more said after it (such as why it didn't happen).

I'm also wondering how a simuldub would work, especially to viewers who just watch the dub and who might not read the manga. They would be wondering what happened to Smoker and Tashigi, why Law is currently with the Straw Hats, and other events in Wano that are happening as a result of events that occurred in previous arcs. Granted when Dragon Ball Z was still airing on Cartoon Network, during the filler portion of the Cell Games, viewers were probably wondering who Tao was and why they don't recall seeing him fight kid Goku, which led to him becoming a cyborg.

the simuldub thing seemed more like something only for the sake of discussion and see where the fans' interest lies. I believe Mike also said that it would be logistically very difficult to do for a series as long & ongoing as One Piece and implied that the pressure of maintaining it weekly could be the same as how the situation was when they originally got the rights and multiple directors were handling the show in its early stage.

It's not a seasonal show, where there is hope that there will eventually be a break. It may not be worth it in the long run for them.

Sustaining a simuldub for a show that doesn’t break must be tough. Especially considering the cast for this one is all over geographically, I don’t see it being feasible though I would so love to be wrong.

They somehow do it with Black Clover. Though I don't think they expected it to be a non-stop show.

Quote Originally Posted by BatDan View Post
    They somehow do it with Black Clover. Though I don't think they expected it to be a non-stop show.
    You bring up a very good point with Black Clover's cast being anything but small, they have managed to stay on track with it going on 2 years now

Quote Originally Posted by AceLuffy4ever View Post
    You bring up a very good point with Black Clover's cast being anything but small, they have managed to stay on track with it going on 2 years now
    Is the cast for that all local?

--- Update From New Post Merge ---

If they do it for a mediocre show like Black Clover, they really should do it for OP. Hearing that it's more feasible than I thought, now I demand it. haha

Sustaining a simuldub for a show that doesn’t break must be tough. Especially considering the cast for this one is all over geographically, I don’t see it being feasible though I would so love to be wrong.
    They are doing a similar thing with the Final Season of Fairy Tail Simuldub. After all the two leads Todd Haberkorn and Cherami Leigh are both LA Based and have to do their lines through Source Connect each week. I don't think that has had a break since the Simuldub began back last October (apart from over Christmas) so anything is possible.
    DPNZ - Now known as MythicalFangNZ (MFNZ - would would be a very wrong way of abbreviating my Username)
    To see all the Anime I currently own on DVD - http://mythicalfangnz.dvdaf.com/owned

So back to an old question: how do we all make it known that we want a simuldub for the show? Should we start a petition?

So back to an old question: how do we all make it known that we want a simuldub for the show? Should we start a petition?
    We could try a phone or letter campaign if anyone has Funimation's contact info.

+ Reply to Thread

Thread Information