+ Reply to Thread
Page 193 of 227 FirstFirst ... 93 143 183 191 192 193 194 195 203 ... LastLast
Results 3,841 to 3,860 of 4531

Thread: Funimation DVD Discussion IV (Please Check First Post for FAQ)

  1. #3841

    Default Re: Funimation DVD Discussion IV (Please Check First Post for FAQ)

    Quote Originally Posted by RoboBlue View Post
    An affidavit signed by a former Funimation employee indicated that Sabat may have been using his influence to ensure that women who didn't sleep with him were fired or denied jobs.

    As for how that's directly related to One Piece, someone dug up this clip where Colleen Clinkenbeard accused Sabat of sexual harassment at a con.
    I’m not sure “sexual harrassment” is the phrase I’d use for that, and she doesn’t seem to be so bothered by it. They’re all friends over there screwing with each other. Of course it’s inappropriate workplace behavior, though. He shouldn’t have done it in a work setting.

  2. #3842

    Default Re: Funimation DVD Discussion IV (Please Check First Post for FAQ)

    Quote Originally Posted by RoboBlue View Post
    As for how that's directly related to One Piece, someone dug up this clip where Colleen Clinkenbeard accused Sabat of sexual harassment at a con.
    While the prank that she described could absolutely have backfired on Sabat, the fact that she told this story at a panel in response to the questions 'do you ever get bored? Do you have any funny stories?' says to me that she saw that as a joke (or at least did when she said it in this video).

    Quote Originally Posted by RoboBlue View Post
    An affidavit signed by a former Funimation employee indicated that Sabat may have been using his influence to ensure that women who didn't sleep with him were fired or denied jobs.
    Specifically, this was Chuck Huber, a close friend of Mingonia who would have reason to lie for him. Huber had previously attempted to de-escalate the issue by drafting public responses on behalf Mingonia, Rial and Marchi whereby the latter two claim that they exaggerated their harassment claims and Mingonia claims to be a "sex addict" with the intention of getting help. It should also be noted that Huber's statement only gives this information second-hand ('I heard this', not 'I saw this'), and that most/all the re-castings for Dragon Ball (Z) Kai involved actors who had outside reasons for not coming back or who have stated on social media that they know noting about the "casting couch" rumours. Finally, Huber's statement gets obvious facts wrong, like the time the Kai came out and the name of the most recent Dragon Ball movie that initiated #KickVic.

    No one has, AFAIK, corroborated Huber's claims.

  3. #3843
    I'm a bad boy! ;) Nitwit's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2015
    Location
    Warship Island

    Default Re: Funimation DVD Discussion IV (Please Check First Post for FAQ)

    Quote Originally Posted by LostTimeLord View Post
    While the prank that she described could absolutely have backfired on Sabat, the fact that she told this story at a panel in response to the questions 'do you ever get bored? Do you have any funny stories?' says to me that she saw that as a joke (or at least did when she said it in this video).


    Specifically, this was Chuck Huber, a close friend of Mingonia who would have reason to lie for him. Huber had previously attempted to de-escalate the issue by drafting public responses on behalf Mingonia, Rial and Marchi whereby the latter two claim that they exaggerated their harassment claims and Mingonia claims to be a "sex addict" with the intention of getting help. It should also be noted that Huber's statement only gives this information second-hand ('I heard this', not 'I saw this'), and that most/all the re-castings for Dragon Ball (Z) Kai involved actors who had outside reasons for not coming back or who have stated on social media that they know noting about the "casting couch" rumours. Finally, Huber's statement gets obvious facts wrong, like the time the Kai came out and the name of the most recent Dragon Ball movie that initiated #KickVic.

    No one has, AFAIK, corroborated Huber's claims.
    Too be fair given Goku call his son the mega F word. Most have stayed weirdly quite about it. Also, doesn't help that Funimation is copyrighting the videos online confirming the audio clips were real but just wasn't gonna get release for maybe 500 years. Also, the case already passed and some say Vic lost but only cause they misplaced the files of the tweets and or other stuff. A lawyer had said he'll make a stream about it. But I'm just worried that Toei Animation is going to Rock the House. (Sorry The Gorillaz reference)
    I'm NOT a doggy. I am a creature from another world.

  4. #3844

    Default Re: Funimation DVD Discussion IV (Please Check First Post for FAQ)

    Stampede is back up on AMC's website but under an abbreviation/placeholder title like the Rascal Dreaming Girl film was before announcement: https://www.amctheatres.com/movies/ops-61558
    One Piece sakuga nut and resident Katsumi Ishizuka fanboy

    Twitter: https://twitter.com/SkippyTheRobot
    YouTube: https://www.youtube.com/channel/UC0Z...2JQKXRBkCGSHzw

  5. #3845

    Default Re: Funimation DVD Discussion IV (Please Check First Post for FAQ)

    The ISWV crowd was saying toei was gonna revoke dragonball from funimation because apparently toei loved Vic, im taking any legal worries they have with funimation with quarries of salt
    Chapter 437 Discussion after franky decides to join the Strawhats:
    So who think Usopp is inside that duffelbag?
    H x H Chimera Ant Arc / OP Manga Spoiler
    Spoiler:



  6. #3846
    I'm a bad boy! ;) Nitwit's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2015
    Location
    Warship Island

    Default Re: Funimation DVD Discussion IV (Please Check First Post for FAQ)

    Quote Originally Posted by Long John Silvers Rayleigh View Post
    The ISWV crowd was saying toei was gonna revoke dragonball from funimation because apparently toei loved Vic, im taking any legal worries they have with funimation with quarries of salt
    Too be fair? I ain't a lawyer. But it takes years until something is done about it. It could take 80 years until justice is done and we be all but dead. Either way? Until the big cheese is done with the insane internet land. I rather a sad lost than a hollow victory for some.
    I'm NOT a doggy. I am a creature from another world.

  7. #3847

    Default Re: Funimation DVD Discussion IV (Please Check First Post for FAQ)

    Quote Originally Posted by Nitwit View Post
    Too be fair given Goku call his son the mega F word.
    I don't see how the questionable shock humour of the outtakes is relevant.
    Quote Originally Posted by Nitwit View Post
    Some say Vic lost but only cause they misplaced the files of the tweets and or other stuff.
    ďI donít think you have any evidence and thatís your problem.Ē That's an actual quote from the judge about their case against Marchi (via Dallas Morning News). The case against her has been dismissed now.

  8. #3848

    Default Re: Funimation DVD Discussion IV (Please Check First Post for FAQ)

    Quote Originally Posted by Nitwit View Post
    Also, the case already passed and some say Vic lost but only cause they misplaced the files of the tweets and or other stuff.
    Quote Originally Posted by LostTimeLord View Post
    “I don’t think you have any evidence and that’s your problem.” That's an actual quote from the judge about their case against Marchi (via Dallas Morning News). The case against her has been dismissed now.
    Yeah... that didn't go well for him. Ty Beard seems like kind of an idiot.

    Quote Originally Posted by Long John Silvers Rayleigh View Post
    The ISWV crowd was saying toei was gonna revoke dragonball from funimation because apparently toei loved Vic, im taking any legal worries they have with funimation with quarries of salt
    That was always ridiculous, they probably didn't even know who Vic was at the time.

    Quote Originally Posted by LostTimeLord View Post
    I don't see how the questionable shock humour of the outtakes is relevant.
    It looks extremely bad and Toei is probably unhappy about the scandal, especially considering the fact that Japanese media covered it.

    The thing that really shocks me is Sean Schemmel's apparent unwillingness to formally apologize for using an anti-gay slur, and people's willingness to forgive him for it in 2019 despite the fact that he hasn't shown any shame or regret.

    I was expecting him to at least make a token apology, but that apology never came. Why?
    Why hasn't Funimation forced him to apologize?

  9. #3849
    Discovered Stowaway Moriah's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2012
    Location
    Oregon

    Default Re: Funimation DVD Discussion IV (Please Check First Post for FAQ)

    Quote Originally Posted by RoboBlue View Post
    Yeah... that didn't go well for him. Ty Beard seems like kind of an idiot.



    That was always ridiculous, they probably didn't even know who Vic was at the time.



    It looks extremely bad and Toei is probably unhappy about the scandal, especially considering the fact that Japanese media covered it.

    The thing that really shocks me is Sean Schemmel's apparent unwillingness to formally apologize for using an anti-gay slur, and people's willingness to forgive him for it in 2019 despite the fact that he hasn't shown any shame or regret.

    I was expecting him to at least make a token apology, but that apology never came. Why?
    Why hasn't Funimation forced him to apologize?
    I've read elsewhere that Toei has known about these outtakes for awhile and don't really care about them. When I google "Japan" "Funi Leaks" the first (and somewhat relevant) result I get is an ISWV channel citing a Japanese actor who's only known for acting in American films and hasn't worked for Toei in any capacity (meaning he has no inside knowledge about whether Toei will sever their ties with Funimation). The Yahoo News! Japan article is just a re-post of the IGN Japan article that cites Nick Rekieta, who claims that these recording violates their work rules. Which is odd since I don't recall Rekieta ever working for Funimation, so I don't know how he would know their work rules. I doubt he got them from Vic, Huber, or Stephanie since they are contractors and not actual employees.

  10. #3850
    I'm a bad boy! ;) Nitwit's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2015
    Location
    Warship Island

    Default Re: Funimation DVD Discussion IV (Please Check First Post for FAQ)

    And now the judge is getting harassment online by Facebook users over him siding with Kick Vicky because corruption. This is becoming a circus train wreck.
    I'm NOT a doggy. I am a creature from another world.

  11. #3851

    Default Re: Funimation DVD Discussion IV (Please Check First Post for FAQ)

    Quote Originally Posted by Nitwit View Post
    And now the judge is getting harassment online by Facebook users over him siding with Kick Vicky because corruption. This is becoming a circus train wreck.
    I’ve fallen way behind on this, I guess. Not following all the shorthand.

  12. #3852

    Default Re: Funimation DVD Discussion IV (Please Check First Post for FAQ)

    Quote Originally Posted by Moriah View Post
    I've read elsewhere that Toei has known about these outtakes for awhile and don't really care about them.
    Can you dig up a link?
    It would be reassuring to see proof of that.

  13. #3853
    I'm a bad boy! ;) Nitwit's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2015
    Location
    Warship Island

    Default Re: Funimation DVD Discussion IV (Please Check First Post for FAQ)

    Quote Originally Posted by RoboBlue View Post
    Can you dig up a link?
    It would be reassuring to see proof of that.
    Ditto for Blue if this was back in the day. But if it involves calling Luffy a T word. I'll be leaving the Funimation train. lol
    I'm NOT a doggy. I am a creature from another world.

  14. #3854
    Discovered Stowaway Moriah's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2012
    Location
    Oregon

    Default Re: Funimation DVD Discussion IV (Please Check First Post for FAQ)

    Quote Originally Posted by RoboBlue View Post
    Can you dig up a link?
    It would be reassuring to see proof of that.
    Quote Originally Posted by Nitwit View Post
    Ditto for Blue if this was back in the day. But if it involves calling Luffy a T word. I'll be leaving the Funimation train. lol
    I'll concede that I got that info over at Kanzenshuu.com (which is not an official statement), but at the same time the ones saying that Funimation's Toei properties are in jeopardy are not official sources either (in fact I doubt any of them know how anime licensing even works). It appears that the IGN Japan article has been taken down since it doesn't pop-up when I search for it. And if Yahoo News! Japan is anything like Yahoo News! US than it's possible they also engage in click-baity articles taken from the Japanese equivalent of The Blaze or The Daily Caller.

    Also it's been while since I watched some of my One Piece DVDs, but I think some of their blooper extras contained similar, yet less explicit, humor.

    But also Toei does not hold the moral high ground as well. If I recall General Blue was just gay in the DB manga, but in the anime adaptation Toei tacked on that he was possibly a pedophile during the Doctor Slump portion of the story. This whole thing is attempt to "James Gunn" a company because some fans were extremely upset that they severed all ties with a voice actor they liked, unfortunately for them it doesn't seem to have worked since no major Japanese publications (to my knowledge) has reported on it. As well as other factors they didn't take into account when they attempted this stunt.

  15. #3855
    I'm a bad boy! ;) Nitwit's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2015
    Location
    Warship Island

    Default Re: Funimation DVD Discussion IV (Please Check First Post for FAQ)

    Quote Originally Posted by Moriah View Post
    I'll concede that I got that info over at Kanzenshuu.com (which is not an official statement), but at the same time the ones saying that Funimation's Toei properties are in jeopardy are not official sources either (in fact I doubt any of them know how anime licensing even works). It appears that the IGN Japan article has been taken down since it doesn't pop-up when I search for it. And if Yahoo News! Japan is anything like Yahoo News! US than it's possible they also engage in click-baity articles taken from the Japanese equivalent of The Blaze or The Daily Caller.

    Also it's been while since I watched some of my One Piece DVDs, but I think some of their blooper extras contained similar, yet less explicit, humor.

    But also Toei does not hold the moral high ground as well. If I recall General Blue was just gay in the DB manga, but in the anime adaptation Toei tacked on that he was possibly a pedophile during the Doctor Slump portion of the story. This whole thing is attempt to "James Gunn" a company because some fans were extremely upset that they severed all ties with a voice actor they liked, unfortunately for them it doesn't seem to have worked since no major Japanese publications (to my knowledge) has reported on it. As well as other factors they didn't take into account when they attempted this stunt.
    Or it's because it's in Japanese so that is why you may not have found it. There could be many reasons why it got taken down. But I doubt Funimation told them to take it off as they are an American company. Could be from Toei who told them to take it down. But I don't have any info if that one is true or not.
    I'm NOT a doggy. I am a creature from another world.

  16. #3856
    Discovered Stowaway Moriah's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2012
    Location
    Oregon

    Default Re: Funimation DVD Discussion IV (Please Check First Post for FAQ)

    Quote Originally Posted by Nitwit View Post
    Or it's because it's in Japanese so that is why you may not have found it. There could be many reasons why it got taken down. But I doubt Funimation told them to take it off as they are an American company. Could be from Toei who told them to take it down. But I don't have any info if that one is true or not.
    I don't recall insinuating that Funimation or Toei had a hand in it possibly being taken down. It's also possible that IGN Japan themselves took down the article since it was likely a non-story in Japan. Even on Twitter it only trended for possibly a few hours before it was bumped off by hashtags for Hurricane Dorian and another mass shooting in the US.

  17. #3857

    Default Re: Funimation DVD Discussion IV (Please Check First Post for FAQ)

    Quote Originally Posted by Moriah View Post
    I'll concede that I got that info over at Kanzenshuu.com (which is not an official statement), but at the same time the ones saying that Funimation's Toei properties are in jeopardy are not official sources either (in fact I doubt any of them know how anime licensing even works).
    This is all speculation anyway, I've never seen an anime distributor come out and admit that their licenses may be pulled.

    Quote Originally Posted by Moriah View Post
    Also it's been while since I watched some of my One Piece DVDs, but I think some of their blooper extras contained similar, yet less explicit, humor.
    If it's less explicit that doesn't really mean anything.

    Quote Originally Posted by Moriah View Post
    But also Toei does not hold the moral high ground as well. If I recall General Blue was just gay in the DB manga, but in the anime adaptation Toei tacked on that he was possibly a pedophile during the Doctor Slump portion of the story. This whole thing is attempt to "James Gunn" a company because some fans were extremely upset that they severed all ties with a voice actor they liked, unfortunately for them it doesn't seem to have worked since no major Japanese publications (to my knowledge) has reported on it. As well as other factors they didn't take into account when they attempted this stunt.
    This isn't a James Gunn situation because unlike Gunn, the company has remained surprisingly unapologetic, and much more serious allegations accompany the unsavory statements.

    Toei's theoretical "moral high ground" is very different from what you may think. They probably only care about homophobia insofar as it will affect sales of their product in the region. The real "moral high ground" is their right to protect Japanese culture from being misappropriated in a disrespectful way.
    However, pulling the Dragonball license from a highly successful business partner who also has a near-monopoly on anime dubbing in the region would hurt Toei's profitability in America and the Dragonball brand, so it's unlikely they would go that far. I assume they'll be using this incident as leverage to force Funimation into more restrictive dubbing contracts in the future, though.

  18. #3858

    Default Re: Funimation DVD Discussion IV (Please Check First Post for FAQ)

    I got an email this morning from Funimation regarding their fall(Sep-Nov) theatrical releases and Stampede wasn't on there. Not sure if this is a bad sign for Stampede or not.

  19. #3859
    I exist...I guess....
    Join Date
    Mar 2014
    Location
    A place

    Default Re: Funimation DVD Discussion IV (Please Check First Post for FAQ)

    Quote Originally Posted by ManCowBear View Post
    I got an email this morning from Funimation regarding their fall(Sep-Nov) theatrical releases and Stampede wasn't on there. Not sure if this is a bad sign for Stampede or not.
    I got the same email, and I'm pretty sure its just listing the upcoming theatrical releases that are currently officially announced. Also the only "November release" shown is Human Lost, and that only applies to Canada (where its being released a few weeks later than in the US)

  20. #3860
    Starving Artist Elektrik Dynomite's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2008
    Location
    At a desk, making something

    Default Re: Funimation DVD Discussion IV (Please Check First Post for FAQ)

    Jewelry Bonney's English VA says she's in the studio dubbing Stampede!

    https://twitter.com/wetselina/status...150400000?s=20

+ Reply to Thread

Thread Information

Users Browsing this Thread

There are currently 3 users browsing this thread. (0 members and 3 guests)

     

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts