+ Reply to Thread
Page 192 of 226 FirstFirst ... 92 142 182 190 191 192 193 194 202 ... LastLast
Results 3,821 to 3,840 of 4512

Thread: Funimation DVD Discussion IV (Please Check First Post for FAQ)

  1. #3821

    Default Re: Funimation DVD Discussion IV (Please Check First Post for FAQ)

    Eh. The outtakes usually aren’t this rough. And we’re In a Twitter #MeToo world now, so the reception tends to blow out of proportion.

  2. #3822

    Default Re: Funimation DVD Discussion IV (Please Check First Post for FAQ)

    Quote Originally Posted by Shift View Post
    Raunchy outtakes are nothing new. I've seen the ones Richard Epcar shared from Lupin and Bobobo at conventions, and Noein and Midori Days had them as DVD extras. As long as they haven't done anything worse, I don't see this taking too long to pass.
    I think it's a bit of a stretch to call Chris Sabat's nearly five minute homoerotic voice drama complete with background music an outtake.

    The other clips could more reasonably be considered outtakes, but Sean Schemmel definitely needs to apologize for that one clip.

  3. #3823
    I'm a bad boy! ;) Nitwit's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2015
    Location
    Warship Island

    Default Re: Funimation DVD Discussion IV (Please Check First Post for FAQ)

    Quote Originally Posted by Sano View Post
    I agree, raunchy outtakes aren't really new. The Thundercats outtakes is still some of the funniest things I ever heard.
    The weird thing about it is these outtakes were an open secret from Japan. Meaning Toei Animation didn't know they existed. The audio clips were back when Dragon Ball Z dubbing was starting out in the 90s as you can hear the audio of their old voices. Keep this in mind these clips leaked on the same time as Funimation was in Japan with Toei Animation about I'm guessing a renewing deal. So some would say it's a false flag attack kinda. Either way. I'll never listen to dub Goku the same way again.
    I'm NOT a doggy. I am a creature from another world.

  4. #3824
    Button Pusher Shift's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2007
    Location
    Las Vegas, Nevada

    Default Re: Funimation DVD Discussion IV (Please Check First Post for FAQ)

    Quote Originally Posted by RoboBlue View Post
    I think it's a bit of a stretch to call Chris Sabat's nearly five minute homoerotic voice drama complete with background music an outtake.

    The other clips could more reasonably be considered outtakes, but Sean Schemmel definitely needs to apologize for that one clip.
    Whatever you wanna call it, it was not aimed at any individual person and not meant to be shared or broadcast. Compare it to that Dexter's Lab short Rude Removal. It was made strictly for the cast and crew to have a laugh, not meant to air, and only shown to a handful of people for the longest time.

    I'm not calling any of this stuff good, nor evil. I just see it as the cast and crew consensually letting off steam in a private, safe environment. Whatever damage control they've gotta do because they actually kept the tapes, just begging to be leaked, is on them. And if they have any lingering prejudices, I should hope they'll get that sorted out. But I've heard quite as bad as that and worse from off-the-cuff VA recordings, so I don't fault these guys personally.



    Like the Avatar?
    / Like the Miis?
    Dragalia Lost ID: 97617932505

  5. #3825

    Default Re: Funimation DVD Discussion IV (Please Check First Post for FAQ)

    Quote Originally Posted by Shift View Post
    Whatever you wanna call it, it was not aimed at any individual person and not meant to be shared or broadcast. Compare it to that Dexter's Lab short Rude Removal. It was made strictly for the cast and crew to have a laugh, not meant to air, and only shown to a handful of people for the longest time.

    I'm not calling any of this stuff good, nor evil. I just see it as the cast and crew consensually letting off steam in a private, safe environment. Whatever damage control they've gotta do because they actually kept the tapes, just begging to be leaked, is on them. And if they have any lingering prejudices, I should hope they'll get that sorted out. But I've heard quite as bad as that and worse from off-the-cuff VA recordings, so I don't fault these guys personally.
    I have mixed feelings.

    On one hand Funimation had to have given them some sort of permission, be it stated, implied or assumed through lack of punitive action, to do that stuff. In some ways it's hard to blame the voice actors if they were allowed or encouraged to make and record sex jokes by a cool (but stupid) boss who also kept all of it stored at the office making the recordings easy to steal (and unintentionally enabling much more inappropriate alleged behavior to go unchecked for years, placing female employees in danger).

    On the other hand, if Toei starts making demands it'll be very hard for Funimation to argue that they shouldn't be fired because of all the negative press they've brought to the Dragonball IP over the last eight months (Funi really should've stepped in and done something about the never-ending Twitter fights with fans and trolls). The recordings are just the icing on the cake, and the fact that the voice of Goku didn't immediately rush out and apologize for making a homophobic joke involving an anti-gay slur is genuinely shocking and would be a fireable offense at most media companies in 2019.

    If someone needs to be blamed for all of this (and if they put the company's relationship with its most significant licensor in danger, someone does) it's primarily the heads of Funimation who knowingly let their employees do all of this embarassing stuff on company time using company hardware and leave evidence of it on company servers.
    However, Funimation desperately needs to show that this kind of behavior is taken seriously and inappropriate sexual comments aren't only addressed after massive backlash from Twitter. We don't live in the 50s any more and constant raunchy sex jokes just aren't appropriate on the job at a major American company.
    Some kind of punitive action needs to be taken against the employees involved and workplace practices need to change.

  6. #3826
    Duuuude
    Join Date
    Jul 2012
    Location
    Queens, New York, USA

    Default Re: Funimation DVD Discussion IV (Please Check First Post for FAQ)

    I think it would be difficult for Toei to simply cut all ties with FUNimation. Those are massive shows we're dealing with here.

  7. #3827

    Default Re: Funimation DVD Discussion IV (Please Check First Post for FAQ)

    Stampede listing is down once again on AMC's website

  8. #3828
    I exist...I guess....
    Join Date
    Mar 2014
    Location
    A place

    Default Re: Funimation DVD Discussion IV (Please Check First Post for FAQ)

    Funimation just announced Rascal Does Not Dream of a Dreaming Girl for theatrical screenings starting on October 2. Like Human Lost (that I mentioned before) this is yet another movie that showed up as a listing on AMC with the correct date before Funimation officially announced it...

  9. #3829

    Default Re: Funimation DVD Discussion IV (Please Check First Post for FAQ)

    Hopefully they'll release Stampede both subbed and dubbed in theaters.

  10. #3830

    Default Re: Funimation DVD Discussion IV (Please Check First Post for FAQ)

    Quote Originally Posted by MugiwaraPirate View Post
    Hopefully they'll release Stampede both subbed and dubbed in theaters.
    Have they done subbed theatrical releases?

  11. #3831

    Default Re: Funimation DVD Discussion IV (Please Check First Post for FAQ)

    Quote Originally Posted by RoboBlue View Post
    Have they done subbed theatrical releases?
    I dont know if your name was licensed by funimation, but I watched it subbed when it got released

  12. #3832

    Default Re: Funimation DVD Discussion IV (Please Check First Post for FAQ)

    Quote Originally Posted by MugiwaraPirate View Post
    I dont know if your name was licensed by funimation, but I watched it subbed when it got released
    ANN says that was Funimation, yeah.

  13. #3833

    Default Re: Funimation DVD Discussion IV (Please Check First Post for FAQ)

    Maybe they can get Marc Diraison to reprise his role.

  14. #3834
    Button Pusher Shift's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2007
    Location
    Las Vegas, Nevada

    Default Re: Funimation DVD Discussion IV (Please Check First Post for FAQ)

    Quote Originally Posted by Shakidna_ View Post
    Maybe they can get Marc Diraison to reprise his role.
    Which one? He was the original Zoro and a few others, and Taki's dad in "Your Name". None of them seem likely, much as I like him.



    Like the Avatar?
    / Like the Miis?
    Dragalia Lost ID: 97617932505

  15. #3835

    Default Re: Funimation DVD Discussion IV (Please Check First Post for FAQ)

    October 5th is the NYCC industry panel. And they’re having a light box show or something.

  16. #3836
    I'm a bad boy! ;) Nitwit's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2015
    Location
    Warship Island

    Default Re: Funimation DVD Discussion IV (Please Check First Post for FAQ)

    Quote Originally Posted by Zephray View Post
    October 5th is the NYCC industry panel. And they’re having a light box show or something.
    I put that under the maybe until lawsuit is over catalog. For all we know? It could be nothing again and it’s back to square one. I wanna be hopeful. But meh!
    I'm NOT a doggy. I am a creature from another world.

  17. #3837

    Default Re: Funimation DVD Discussion IV (Please Check First Post for FAQ)

    What would the Vic lawsuit have to do with OP?

  18. #3838
    I exist...I guess....
    Join Date
    Mar 2014
    Location
    A place

    Default Re: Funimation DVD Discussion IV (Please Check First Post for FAQ)

    Quote Originally Posted by Zephray View Post
    What would the Vic lawsuit have to do with OP?
    Nothing; If they want to dub it they'll just replace the controversial figures associated and continue on. Besides, One Piece was on hiatus months before this lawsuit even started, so I don't know why anyone would make that connection

  19. #3839

    Default Re: Funimation DVD Discussion IV (Please Check First Post for FAQ)

    Quote Originally Posted by Zephray View Post
    What would the Vic lawsuit have to do with OP?
    An affidavit signed by a former Funimation employee indicated that Sabat may have been using his influence to ensure that women who didn't sleep with him were fired or denied jobs.

    As for how that's directly related to One Piece, someone dug up this clip where Colleen Clinkenbeard accused Sabat of sexual harassment at a con.

  20. #3840

    Default Re: Funimation DVD Discussion IV (Please Check First Post for FAQ)

    Quote Originally Posted by RoboBlue View Post
    An affidavit signed by a former Funimation employee indicated that Sabat may have been using his influence to ensure that women who didn't sleep with him were fired or denied jobs.

    As for how that's directly related to One Piece, someone dug up this clip where Colleen Clinkenbeard accused Sabat of sexual harassment at a con.
    What the hell? ....I get it if its a joke, and wants to have fun with his friends but, How could he do all of that in a professional setting?.

    It seems he has a lot power at Funimation, when he's supposed to be just a voice actor.

+ Reply to Thread

Thread Information

Users Browsing this Thread

There are currently 1 users browsing this thread. (0 members and 1 guests)

     

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts