+ Reply to Thread
Page 187 of 226 FirstFirst ... 87 137 177 185 186 187 188 189 197 ... LastLast
Results 3,721 to 3,740 of 4508

Thread: Funimation DVD Discussion IV (Please Check First Post for FAQ)

Default Re: Funimation DVD Discussion IV (Please Check First Post for FAQ)

Fairy Tail is ending. Fans will look for something to fill the gap.

Quote Originally Posted by Captain Krupp View Post
    Fairy Tail is ending. Fans will look for something to fill the gap.
    I think FUNi. is already trying to fill that with Fire Force and Dr. Stone

Plus My Hero Academia Season 4 isn't too far away (October), and that'll undoubtedly be what Funimation puts as their top priority during that time-frame.

Also Black Clover is still ongoing passing the 100 episode mark. However when they finish with Dragon Ball Super (the last episode will air on October 5th on Toonami, according to Wikipedia and they'll have one more DVD set to release after Part Nine drops on October 8th) that might allow them to put some focus back on One Piece. I know it's only rumor, but from what I heard Toei wanted Funimation to prioritize DBS over One Piece, so that might also be reason for a delay with the main series.
    Last edited by Moriah; July 27th, 2019 at 05:59 PM.

There will never not be another show to “give priority to.” The thing is, they’re completely able to dub One Piece while a more popular show is also being dubbed. Every so often this idea comes up in this thread—more lately—that Funimation can’t give their attention to more than one show at a time. That’s hogwash.

Quote Originally Posted by Zephray View Post
    There will never not be another show to “give priority to.” The thing is, they’re completely able to dub One Piece while a more popular show is also being dubbed. Every so often this idea comes up in this thread—more lately—that Funimation can’t give their attention to more than one show at a time. That’s hogwash.
    I'm not saying Funimation themselves would "give priority to" to other shows. What I was trying to say is that Toei has a history of being a busy body when it comes to foreign distributors handling their properties. It's possible that Toei would tell them to give more attention to a property that has more name recognition in North America, possibly as leverage for them to keep releasing more content for another property down the road.

I mean, that’s a lot of speculation. Does anyone have any evidence of Toei pulling that weird and oddly specific stunt before?

Quote Originally Posted by Zephray View Post
    I mean, that’s a lot of speculation. Does anyone have any evidence of Toei pulling that weird and oddly specific stunt before?
    A couple years ago, they did this with the Majin Buu Saga of Dragon Ball Z Kai.

Also not to get to off topic, but Toei commissioned a English dub for World Trigger awhile back that was done by Ocean Productions. The dubbed version only aired on a Comcast channel called Primo TV, an English language channel primarily aimed at Latino children. So far the dub is not available on platforms like Hulu, Crunchyroll, and Tubi that stream the show. So they commissioned a dub for one of their properties and it seems that it was only meant to be seen on that channel.

Also don't forget that for several years Toei blocked the release of Sailor Stars to other countries outside of Japan. So it does seem that Toei has a history of pulling some bizarre moves when it comes to their properties and unfortunately the companies that license their properties have to do what they say, least they bite the hand that feeds them, and potentially lose those properties.

Not sure if this is the best place to post this, but recently a page for Strong World has appeared on the AMC website dated for September 26th 2019.
    Is this possibly a Stampede placeholder? https://www.amctheatres.com/movies/o...ng-world-60687

At last, a ray of hope!
    If it's not a Stampede placeholder, it's likely that they are planning to run some older films in theaters to lead up to Stampede.

God I would love seeing SW in theaters. Seeing Film Gold in an actual theater was such an amazing experience, and seeing my favorite movie, Strong World, would just be the best.

But I do agree, it likely is some mess up/place holder for Stampede.

I find it unlikely that Funi who has stayed so silent on the future of OP's dub would also be releasing older films in theaters to coincide with a new film.
    Quote Originally Posted by Monkey King View Post
    A magical strange Twilight Zone episode where no other education is offered, and the only option is Bill Nye the Science Guy videos

Hopefully this is true and not a mistake like how ANN recently said One Piece was coming back to Adult Swim. Another thing that's odd about AMC's listing is that it says Strong World is 2 hours and 25 minutes long, but Strong World itself is actually a little under two hours. Something isn't right here for sure.

Its just a glitch. I wouldn’t look into it even slightly.

A random glitch for a decade old film? Yeah no, seems highly unlikely. This probably means something

I know we've become used to pessimism around here, but something is definitely up this time.
    https://twitter.com/OnePieceAnime/st...910189057?s=19

--- Update From New Post Merge ---

Curiouser and curiouser
    https://twitter.com/ToeiAnimation/st...510322177?s=19

Quote Originally Posted by MasterKingJC View Post
    I know we've become used to pessimism around here, but something is definitely up this time.
    https://twitter.com/OnePieceAnime/st...910189057?s=19
    Apparently didn't seem that way to the people replying to that but at least to me it was pretty obvious they were going to release the movie

Its also obvious that they wont drop the license if they bother to dub this brand new movie.

I don't expect them to drop the show, but them dubbing the movie doesn't confirm it'll return either. They could simply only dub movies from now on.

But, again, I don't think that's the case.

3DS Friend Code: 2535-3762-9083

Looks like dubbing for Dragon Ball Super has finally wrapped up.
    https://twitter.com/Chuck_Huber/stat...334333440?s=19

+ Reply to Thread

Thread Information