+ Reply to Thread
Page 173 of 210 FirstFirst ... 73 123 163 171 172 173 174 175 183 ... LastLast
Results 3,441 to 3,460 of 4186

Thread: Funimation DVD Discussion IV (Please Check First Post for FAQ)

Default Re: Funimation DVD Discussion IV (Please Check First Post for FAQ)

TO be fair, rumors said Fall 2019, and August isn't Fall yet.

I know it's been mentioned a hundred times already, but the Merry, and Sunny routes Funimation are promoting for the One Piece binges leading up to the 20th anniversary, ends on the 20th October.

I believe the Punk Hazard Arc will be announced on the solicitations as normal, but as part of the anniversary announcement, not only will the 1st voyage release that week, but most likely Stampede will get announced for a theatrical release before Christmas.

I believe that will likely be the big announcement for October 20th. To me, it's clear that there is no way the dub is cancelled - especially seeing as they are doing this big countdown, and encouraging people to watch the show in order to get caught up. It is odd that they didn't put up trying to get people caught up on the dub though by the 20th October.

Perhaps they didn't do that, because it would be blatantly obvious as to why they were doing it, and want to keep it as much of a surprise as possible, not necessarily a surprise that the dub is continuing, but a surprise as to how much we're getting. I wouldn't rule out getting Punk Hazard and Dressrosa at a faster pace - ie going exclusively up to collection sets moving forward.
    Last edited by Luffy_80; May 16th, 2019 at 02:50 PM.

Starving Artist Elektrik Dynomite's Avatar

Yeah I don't believe they're cancelling the dub either, especially with 3D2Y, Sabo, and Nebulandia all coming out in this gap. Plus Stampede coming up, and Funi's "One Piece at a Time" podcast

Personally, I'm more curious on the status of "Hands Up" and Blu-Rays, I wonder if we'll get both, either or neither

It's just bullshit that this has taken so long at all. And so we're back to crossing our fingers for solicits in September or October. Then if that falls through, we have to wait for October for them to announce that new episodes are coming eventually? Ugh. This is going to shake out to at least 1.5 years between seasons. All they have to do is record voices, not animate anything. It's really not so time consuming to justify such a wait.

I saw someone at FandomPost mentioning that Funimation dubbed D Gray-man even though it wasn't very profitable. So I just can't imagine OP's DVD sales are worse than shows like DGM, even if the licensing fee is a bit more.

I personally don’t believe it’s cancelled. I mean they did have a One Piece panel at Dallas Expo right? I still believe that One Piece dub will be back in the fall. Although I hope it’s announced in August’s solicits, that way it would be released in October. If that rumor about it being back in the fall is true, then it wouldn’t make sense to say it’d be back in the fall because then it’s release would be in the winter right? Idk, I’m just waiting for August. If nothing as announced throughout the fall or before then, only then will I believe it’s cancelled.

Nebulandia trailer:

Them using the generic FUNi logo for the thumbnails for One Piece stuff recently isn't helping the rumors

Duuuude

I already pre-ordered. Must "complete my One Piece collection", after all. :(

I suppose I should say that VAs who will remain anonymous for the time being also don't know whats going on and dub production supposedly "wrapped up" last year. I suppose they could release whats been done of Punk Hazard before doing more and that's why they haven't recorded anything as something similar happened with Fishman Island iirc with a long time between the first and second set recording wise, but Jerry Jewell's comments from last year make a lot of sense now considering that he's also Caesar and a year is a lot longer than the time inbetween the first and second Fishman Island sets being recorded
    Last edited by TheGreatCaptainUsopp; May 19th, 2019 at 09:50 AM.

I exist...I guess....

Quote Originally Posted by TheGreatCaptainUsopp View Post
    Them using the generic FUNi logo for the thumbnails for One Piece stuff recently isn't helping the rumors
    Looking at their videos Funimation isn’t exactly super consistent about their use of series logos (in fact, most of their recent clips seem to use either the generic FUNi logo or no logo at all). You probably shouldn’t be using something like that as proof of anything…

but Jerry Jewell's comments from last year make a lot of sense now considering that he's also Caesar and a year is a lot longer than the time inbetween the first and second Fishman Island sets being recorded
    Are you referring to that claim that Jewell said at a convention that they were done with both One Piece and Fairy Tail? If so, that didn't really pan out, since Fairy Tail came back later that year…

Quote Originally Posted by midod View Post
    Looking at their videos Funimation isn’t exactly super consistent about their use of series logos (in fact, most of their recent clips seem to use either the generic FUNi logo or no logo at all). You probably shouldn’t be using something like that as proof of anything…

Are you referring to that claim that Jewell said at a convention that they were done with both One Piece and Fairy Tail? If so, that didn't really pan out, since Fairy Tail came back later that year…
    Yeah, I wouldn't read to much into Funimation putting their logo on thumbnails for their videos, it's likely that it's less work for them than having put out multiple clips with an individual show's logo.

While I can't find a clip of Jerry saying they finished dubbing One Piece and Fairy Tail from a convention in 2018, I did watch a video were he was being interviewed at another convention saying that simuldubs are time consuming (One Piece wasn't part of the topic), which maybe why their releasing specials in the mean time until they can actually announce next set of episodes (NDAs were also mentioned in the same conversation).

I exist...I guess....

Quote Originally Posted by Moriah View Post
    While I can't find a clip of Jerry saying they finished dubbing One Piece and Fairy Tail from a convention in 2018
    I don't think there was ever any clip of it or anything, someone just claimed it was something he said at a convention

Yikes. So that makes two rumors of cancellation. I’ll start taking them seriously in October after the 20th anniversary has passed with no news.

At least with live action shows, you know whether there will be a new season or not. With this, we could go years (as we have) without knowing. I wonder how many dub only watchers have switched to subs by now. And if that’ll impact the dub sales or streaming views. My girlfriend is a dub only watcher. We’ve been trying to watch one subbed episode a month for the past few months to satiate, but I suppose I’d like to know if it’s cancelled, if it is, so we can just start marathoning the sub.

--- Update From New Post Merge ---

Nebulandia trailer:

I still don’t like the “complete your collection” phrasing. This trailer was a little boring for me, though not bad.
    The trailer highlights their interviews. I wonder if they’ll give us any hints in those.
    Last edited by Zephray; May 19th, 2019 at 11:03 PM.

Bah. Rumors of cancellation were aplenty before. I think its the length of the hiatus that makes me consider it could mean that Funi is indeed dropping One Piece. Not some silly rumors.

The stuff I posted is not a rumor, VAs have come out and said that they dont know whats going on and other sources have said that production "wrapped up". These have been confirmed and are true but things could of course be in the works to change and maybe they plan on releasing what they have done of Punk Hazard before recording more but who knows.

The stuff I posted is not a rumor, VAs have come out and said that they dont know whats going on and other sources have said that production "wrapped up". These have been confirmed and are true but things could of course be in the works to change and maybe they plan on releasing what they have done of Punk Hazard before recording more but who knows.
    Any sources? I haven’t heard either of those things. Only posts about script writing for Punk Hazard and voicing the body switches.

Also, “wrapped up” could easily just mean wrapped up this season or this production term. I take that in no way to mean “wrapped up” the whole series. Not that you’re saying that. But one people reading will assume.

In episode 18 of the podcast they have one of Funimation’s video editors come on as a guest. He makes a lot of the trailers and kept almost calling the Nebulandia special Episode of East Blue (and then straight up just said Episode of East Blue). He claims to like One Piece but isn’t super caught up or anything so he probably wouldn’t know the special unless he had been working on a trailer for it recently. I didn’t think we’d heard that was coming out.

I exist...I guess....

I noticed that too, but I'm not necessarily sure he was confusing the two specials; the impression I got was that maybe he wasn't sure if the East Blue special had been announced and was hesitating on whether he should mention it. But yeah, later in the interview he outright mentions editing a trailer for Episode of East Blue

Funny. Well, I'm not sure I want to pay full price for a recap movie, but anything to support the series... They better not be wondering why DVD sales dip for this one...

They're really scraping the bottom of the barrel now. Seems clear if they're resorting to dubbing the recaps that they are having a hard time moving forward with the episodes... I'm not sure what it means to resort to dubbing the worst material you can find that you know will produce the least returns. Usually, that would be a good thing--if even the recaps were worth the expense of licensing and dubbing. But I have no idea where they're at or what they're thinking if they release them.

Quote Originally Posted by Zephray View Post
    Funny. Well, I'm not sure I want to pay full price for a recap movie, but anything to support the series... They better not be wondering why DVD sales dip for this one...

They're really scraping the bottom of the barrel now. Seems clear if they're resorting to dubbing the recaps that they are having a hard time moving forward with the episodes... I'm not sure what it means to resort to dubbing the worst material you can find that you know will produce the least returns. Usually, that would be a good thing--if even the recaps were worth the expense of licensing and dubbing. But I have no idea where they're at or what they're thinking if they release them.
    Episode of East Blue's a decent way to get people into the series in only an hour and a half.

If people like the live action show but don't want to immediately dive into the soon-to-be 900+ episode series, Netflix can recommend them the dubbed specials.

It might work.

Can someone timecode when they mention this?

+ Reply to Thread

Thread Information