+ Reply to Thread
Page 165 of 168 FirstFirst ... 65 115 155 163 164 165 166 167 ... LastLast
Results 3,281 to 3,300 of 3347

Thread: Funimation DVD Discussion IV (Please Check First Post for FAQ)

Starving Artist Elektrik Dynomite's Avatar

Default Re: Funimation DVD Discussion IV (Please Check First Post for FAQ)

Quote Originally Posted by spiritharp View Post
    I'm still really into the special, but Lucy's voice is cracking me up. I'm bummed about not getting season 10, but I'm honestly loving any new content right now. I'd be cool with Adventures if Nebulandia next

YES! Forgot to mention that, I loved Colleen's Old Man Lucy voice. Something I didn't pick up on in the subs or manga, which is why I love the dub

Quote Originally Posted by Slappy402 View Post
    I noticed that as well, and it's been a bigger problem in the last couple of years for sure. DBZ Kai Final Chapters suffers from this tremendously.
    Yeah. I've noticed it on other dubs I've watched from them, too. I'm assuming they hired someone new two years ago who either isn't very good at their job and/or uses headphones, which can greatly change how everything sounds when compared to a speaker. This never used to be a problem, and it seems an easy one to fix that they still haven't. When I talk about Funimation turning to shit, this is one of my chief complaints: bad technicians.

Quote Originally Posted by spiritharp View Post
    I'm still really into the special, but Lucy's voice is cracking me up. I'm bummed about not getting season 10, but I'm honestly loving any new content right now. I'd be cool with Adventures if Nebulandia next
    Yeah. I sounded bitter in my post by calling it a long trailer, but it definitely felt great to watch new dubbed content again. I'm on my third watch (though I skip the childhood/Marineford flashbacks after the first watch). The 3D2Y special wasn't as fulfilling, but I remember liking Nebulandia more, so maybe that'll hit the spot. The only other specials Funi has are Skypeia and East Blue, both of which are recaps not worth buying as individual releases. If they joint released them, okay, but I don't see them doing that. So let's cross our fingers for Nebulandia as a consolation prize if Punk Hazard still isn't announced.

Solicits for the first half of the month are up. Nothing yet, but it seems like a packed month. Berserk Complete Collection is up, which I just started reading. If only they didn't rely so heavily on CGI and stuck with the movie trilogy's 50/50 formula...

Quote Originally Posted by LUFFY#1 fan View Post
    Because honestly, we can constantly speculate and go in circles, but none of us really know besides FUNi themselves.
    Agreed! I'm willing to bet Toei is making it hard but Funimation has other priorities so they aren't rushing it along as they probably could. Our last hiatus was one year and four months between seasons three and four (also right before a good arc and following a rougher one). So we're not there quite yet.

Quote Originally Posted by G1Ravage View Post

Best new voices were Bartolomeo and Cavendish, but basically all of the new voices were very much on point.

Jerry Jewell as Caesar was indeed Barry the Chopper. I'm disappointed for some reason, but I guess I'd be disappointed at anyone besides Ryusei Nakao, honestly. Too bad Caesar doesn't laugh at all in this special.
    I felt the same about Cesar, though I wasn't sure why I didn't like him. He's just a little off. Might be one of the few japanese voices I prefer to their english counterparts.

Quote Originally Posted by Elektrik Dynomite View Post
    Bartolomeo was amazing, loved his voice, definitely the standout performance in the special. I also really enjoyed the direction they went with Kyros, Rebecca and Violet
    Glad everyone else is feeling the same about Bart. His lines are well-acted and really fun.

Quote Originally Posted by midod View Post
    My opinions on some of these new voices:

Caesar Clown: Not really a lot to go on here, but I’m familiar enough with Jewell’s body of work, so I have a pretty good idea of what to expect and it’s…fine, but not exactly how I think/expected he should sound

Bartolomeo: My immediate impression wasn’t great, but as the special went on (and thinking about it afterwards) it’s actually pretty great

Gatz: Seemed to lack the proper enthusiasm at times, considering how over-the-top this guy can be. Also, in general, I felt a bit of a disconnect between the voice and the character’s appearance

Kyros: Fine, but I kind of feel like he lays the accent on a bit too thick…

Rebecca: She was pretty good but her accent here felt kind of inconsistent; there were some scenes where it felt like the accent dropped completely.

Violet: As far as the accents go I think she was handled the best

Kin’emon: Sounded bland and unfitting and the acting didn’t seem especially great either; it was the worst performance here
    Sounds like there's a general consensus about Bart, Cesar, and Kin'emon. I felt like Violet dropped the accent for some lines too, though not as much as Rebecca did. Their accents are so subtle that I'd prefer if they went more full-on like Kyros did. And I'm still wondering why the townsfolk don't have accents. There's a point when a townsfolk calls another townsfolk's name and it's clearly a Spanish name, yet none of them are speaking with an accent. Hopefully Mike will realize in time for the episodes that it doesn't make sense for the Royal Family to be the only ones who have an accent in the entire kingdom... I think the reason for Mike's perfectionism is because he says he watches twenty episodes ahead at all times, so maybe he didn't do that for this special, since it would've required him watching twenty episodes ahead of the last bit of content, which is already like fifty episodes ahead of Punk Hazard. He probably couldn't properly prepare like he usually does. That's my best guess for any lack here, though the accent thing seems like more a shortsighted flub.

Alright, I'm just overcommenting at this point. Sorry. Excited to be finally talking about new dub, I guess. My girlfriend is the only other one who watches the dub, and she can't watch this yet, so... ha.

Fingers crossed for solicits, although I’m not holding my breath. Is it actually confirmed they’ve dubbed all of PH or just speculation? If they have dubbed all of PH, then is it safe to say they’ve even started dubbing Dressrosa?

Quote Originally Posted by Jenza View Post
    Fingers crossed for solicits, although I’m not holding my breath. Is it actually confirmed they’ve dubbed all of PH or just speculation? If they have dubbed all of PH, then is it safe to say they’ve even started dubbing Dressrosa?
    It’s confirmed that they’ve dubbed most of Punk Hazard. We’re only assuming they dubbed all of it because it would be odd for them to stop three quarters or so of the way through. (The body switching stuff has been dubbed.)

That’s true. Hopefully they’ve even begun Dressrosa because I absolutely cannot wait to see Bartolomeo and the formation of the Straw Hat Grand fleet.

Quote Originally Posted by Zephray View Post
    Agreed! I'm willing to bet Toei is making it hard but Funimation has other priorities so they aren't rushing it along as they probably could. Our last hiatus was one year and four months between seasons three and four (also right before a good arc and following a rougher one). So we're not there quite yet.
    I was checking out the Funimation forum (which was the basis for my earlier post) and someone mentioned that Toei also gave them a hard time with Dragon Ball Super at some point, something to do with outpacing, I didn't really understand it. I wonder if that is also the case with Viz's release of Sailor Moon (both the original and Crystal). S (original series) appeared to be the longest release with part one being released in November of 2016 and part two in June of 2017.

Quote Originally Posted by Moriah View Post
    I was checking out the Funimation forum (which was the basis for my earlier post) and someone mentioned that Toei also gave them a hard time with Dragon Ball Super at some point, something to do with outpacing, I didn't really understand it. I wonder if that is also the case with Viz's release of Sailor Moon (both the original and Crystal). S (original series) appeared to be the longest release with part one being released in November of 2016 and part two in June of 2017.

Outpacing Super? they only air one a week, and started 18 months back. Unless they were referring to home video, but that's been incredibly slow. Toei are so stupid, though in France, they were airing Zou Arc recently, and were about 6 months back, I know that's Europe, but still. Also, in April, they are releasing 824-838 on DVD. I don't think it's Toei, though of course, I have no idea.

The One Piece Podcast have Godswill and Jonna from FUNimation as guests this Sunday, and are asking for questions, what's the betting they don't answer the one all dub fans want to ask lol.

https://mobile.twitter.com/OnePieceP...09916606443521

Solicitations are up, and surprise surprise no Punk Hazard. But we are getting Nebulandia on the 18th June.
    Last edited by Luffy_80; March 15th, 2019 at 03:31 PM.

Looks like we're getting Episode of Nebulandia next.

https://www.funimation.com/shop/home...mbo-bld-00839/

Adventure of Nebulandia is coming out on June 18th.

Does anyone know how many specials they've licensed?. By the look of it, my original feeling about them releasing all the specials they've had up to now before they switch back to TV, looks like it could hold some weight.

Quote Originally Posted by Luffy_80 View Post
    Does anyone know how many specials they've licensed?. By the look of it, my original feeling about them releasing all the specials they've had up to now before they switch back to TV, looks like it could hold some weight.
    They got the rights for 3D2Y, Episode of Sabo, Adventure of Nebulandia, Heart of Gold, Episode of East Blue, and Episode of Skypiea.

Quote Originally Posted by Sano View Post
    They got the rights for 3D2Y, Episode of Sabo, Adventure of Nebulandia, Heart of Gold, Episode of East Blue, and Episode of Skypiea.
    Thank you very much. So, they could look to get East Blue and Skypiea out before reverting back to TV. It does seem to me that they are pumping these out now to maybe buy some time whilst they dub some Dressrosa, as from snippets we've managed to piece together suggests they've either already recorded Punk Hazard, or the majority of it.

I’m thankful for something. Now I’m wondering about the two recaps they own the rights to. Hopefully they don’t get individual releases and they can combo them...

Odds of the new season coming in July is low now that this is due out in June. :(

Nebulandia is a really fun special. I’ll enjoy it, though it won’t be as exciting as this last one.

Well this will technically be new to me since i never watched the special when it was initially released, but man i am craving for Punk Hazard

Quote Originally Posted by Sano View Post
    was there ever a official announcement about them getting these?
    I made this terrible username 8 years ago!

Quote Originally Posted by LUFFY#1 fan View Post
    was there ever a official announcement about them getting these?
    Nope, which is surprising. The only thing we ever got for any of the specials were simulcast announcements for them.

Duuuude

Any notable characters featured in this special who haven't been cast yet? I don't remember much about it.

What are the chances they’re waiting until One Piece’s 20th anniversary to announce season 10?

Quote Originally Posted by Jenza View Post
    What are the chances they’re waiting until One Piece’s 20th anniversary to announce season 10?
    The thought had crossed my mind, as they are doing the rewatch on twitter, taking them up to the official anniversary in October. It is possible, that they may announce it for October's Solicitations. We may even get East Blue in July, and Skypiea in August.

Agreed. Then again though the rewatch could be either subbed or dubbed. One of the routes goes past FI so for them to do the whole rewatch thing and announce the next dubbed episodes wouldn’t really benefit people who don’t watch the dub. That’s unless they announce the next dubbed episodes and another announcement, which may likely be the case.

+ Reply to Thread

Thread Information