+ Reply to Thread
Page 131 of 131 FirstFirst ... 31 81 121 129 130 131
Results 2,601 to 2,613 of 2613

Thread: Funimation DVD Discussion IV (Please Check First Post for FAQ)

Default Re: Funimation DVD Discussion IV (Please Check First Post for FAQ)

As long as it continues to be dubbed and released I don't care about the packaging tbh.

Quote Originally Posted by Chopperrules View Post
    As long as it continues to be dubbed and released I don't care about the packaging tbh.
    16 chars of exactly.

No one will disagree that the continued release of the series is the most important thing, myself included, but I do stand by everything I said. Though thinking on it, they could have the side of the packaging actually read something like this and make everyone happy:

Collection 25
    Season 10 Voyage One

Have one title on top of the other. I don't think anyone would object to a sub-heading, in fact it could be a good way to bridge the gap. And I will say, I do often feel for the poor retailers of anime products who are probably stuck on a "Season 2 Voyage 3" here and a "Season 5 Voyage 4" there hoping and praying that someday someone will buy them. The Collections are the better product for marketing I don't deny that for a second. It just seems unfair to favor the products that started releasing 3 years after many of us started purchasing the series. But I've said all I care to on the subject. I'll continue to purchase the series however Funimation releases it, even if I'm not okay with a decision they could potentially make in that respect. I won't be happy if I have to try to sell my entire collection for $630 just to repurchase all the same episodes again, but it doesn't mean I won't do it.

You guys want to know an inconsistency thing that bothered me—the Goodnight Punpun volumes have an ongoing image on their spines, but the sixth volume was straight black, interrupting the image, which continued with volume seven. Now, that’s annoying. OP changing a little text is fine.

--- Update From New Post Merge ---

Quote Originally Posted by Supernova View Post
    I use to buy One Piece manga Viz version, long before they big catchup. Sometimes my collection looks weird when some volumes are the arc header, but others do not, but at the end of the day its all about supporting.
    Im right there with you. The early volumes also had a nice gold foil that was dropped for the speed up. Whats most annoying about the subtitles is that they clearly gave them up at volume 60, so Im not sure why they bothered with them at all if they were just going to give up and call the entire second half of one piece new world arc. Now, that was a stupid packaging decision.

Yeah I definitely had to go back and repurchase all of my One Piece volumes prior to the speed up because I wanted my volumes to match, though I confess I'm an awful person that just took periodic trips to the book store with my receipt and kept returning them going "Oops I bought the wrong 5 books" when really all I was doing was giving them my old copies until they swapped me out completely and I could just buy the newest books I was behind on haha.

Edit: Also I gave the FAQ topic some quality of life improvements. I've alway kept up with the cast lists and product information, but I added some new points about Funimation Now, out of print voyages, and more. Hard to believe I've been updating that topic for nearly a decade now.
    Last edited by iMustang; August 14th, 2018 at 04:20 PM.

I wrote a post about this earlier, but forgot to post it. So I'll just say I hope the speculation is wrong so we don't have to keep worrying about this.
    I made this terrible username 8 years ago!

Funky Cold Merienda! kanji_xiii's Avatar

When do the November solicits drop anyway? Shouldn't we be getting confirmation soon?

What's the general consensus now? If the collections go back to the earlier pacing of 20-24 eps every 3/4 months we should be seeing a collection 24 around March with the first few PH episodes. Is there really any point in Funi releasing the voyages so close? Surely by next summer, they'd end up running the same episodes in parallel anyway??!!

Personally I'd just be happy to see some consistent pacing, at least for 2019. Approx. 100 episodes across 4 collections would get us to 5 years between the japanese airing and english dub! (Instead of the current 6!! ^^) SMH!

SAILING AGAIN FOR THE NEW WORLD

The collections would probably go on hiatus for at least half a year while the voyages gain some ground.

--- Update From New Post Merge ---

I'm hoping for solicits tomorrow.

Have there been any rumors at all of Funimation dubbing past punk hazard?

Quote Originally Posted by Zephray View Post
    Have there been any rumors at all of Funimation dubbing past punk hazard?
    nope, our only hope of optimism is when MHA season 3 finishes they will finally look at one piece again.
    I made this terrible username 8 years ago!

They haven't made a blog post yet, but rightstuf has put them all up on preorder already. Just Collection 23 in November: http://rsani.me/m3072

Yeah. The website has them all up. No one piece in November. F*** this.

Funky Cold Merienda! kanji_xiii's Avatar

Yep, still no new Once Piece dub. Pretty disappointing, but can't say i'm not surprised.

SAILING AGAIN FOR THE NEW WORLD

+ Reply to Thread

Thread Information