+ Reply to Thread
Page 118 of 118 FirstFirst ... 18 68 108 116 117 118
Results 2,341 to 2,356 of 2356

Thread: Funimation DVD Discussion IV (Please Check First Post for FAQ)

Default Re: Funimation DVD Discussion IV (Please Check First Post for FAQ)

Quick question, since I'm needing to take a break from buying the DVDs so I can't find out for myself, but is the scene of Big Mom out in English yet? My friend is claiming it is.
    One Piece: A story about a band of pirates calling themselves "Nakama" on a hunt for a legendary treasure. A story that teaches important values of friendship, and this is why I really got into the story. I have fallen in love with Nico Robin, she is everything that I ever was.

Quote Originally Posted by churlyryan View Post
    Quick question, since I'm needing to take a break from buying the DVDs so I can't find out for myself, but is the scene of Big Mom out in English yet? My friend is claiming it is.
    The Big Mom introduction stuff is on the next dvd set, Season 9 Voyage 5. Which will be out next month on May 15th.

Quote Originally Posted by Zephray View Post
    But we're only in April. Haha. I'm not waiting for next year. Hopefully this is a short break because I'm pretty bummed with the slow schedule.
    Im starting to think they never really plan on catching up. Do they make more money by backlogging the dvds they have now? Because they are currently on schedule to make less episodes than the anime for the year.
    Chapter 437 Discussion after franky decides to join the Strawhats:
    So who think Usopp is inside that duffelbag?
    H x H Chimera Ant Arc / OP Manga Spoiler
    Spoiler:

I really don't mind the breaks that much. I rather they take their time on the show rather then rushing it out.

Quote Originally Posted by Sano View Post
    I really don't mind the breaks that much. I rather they take their time on the show rather then rushing it out.
    This logic doesn’t make sense to me. They can put effort into it without “rushing”; they just need to put more resources into it. No one here wants them to “rush” and make a lesser quality product.

Speeding up does not equal a lesser quality production. As an example, think back to when Mike was directing and they were on a six week release schedule. That was the highest “quality” production we’ve gotten while also being the fastest.

--- Update From New Post Merge ---

Quote Originally Posted by Long John Silvers Rayleigh View Post
    Im starting to think they never really plan on catching up. Do they make more money by backlogging the dvds they have now? Because they are currently on schedule to make less episodes than the anime for the year.
    I’ve always assumed the collections sold better than the voyages. That’s just a guess though.

Quote Originally Posted by Zephray View Post
    Speeding up does not equal a lesser quality production. As an example, think back to when Mike was directing and they were on a six week release schedule. That was the highest “quality” production we’ve gotten while also being the fastest.
    Agreed. Plus back in the days we were getting all the Openings and Endings dubbed, which after the 3rd Ending theme, they changed every 10-11 episodes and we still continued to get a new set every six weeks. Now that they aren't dubbing the theme songs anymore, that is one less thing for them to worry about. Unless the delay is due to the fact that they are trying to obtain the otherwise unobtainable opening "Hands Up!" which everyone seems to skip due to licensing issues. Since that opening is fast approaching, it wouldn't surprise me if that was why they are having a delay. After all, I know based on past tweets that they have or are close to finishing the dub for the Punk Hazard Arc.
    DPNZ - Now known as MythicalFangNZ (MFNZ - would would be a very wrong way of abbreviating my Username)
    To see all the Anime I currently own on DVD - http://mythicalfangnz.dvdaf.com/owned

Matthew Mercer's schedule could be part of it too

You're throwing the words "delay" and "break" out there pretty quick in regards to Season 10. Two to three months has pretty much been the norm for One Piece releases. The five months between season nine voyage three and voyage four, that was a delay. Usually there's a longer gap between seasons, anyways. I know the hope that since we got a big mid-season delay, that the gap between seasons is like that of two normal sets, has been brought up in this topic, but that's still speculation more than anything at this point.

All that being said, I'd love to see One Piece continue to release at the every other month pace that we got in 2016. I don't see that happening, as a lot of the people who work on One Piece seem to have a lot of work on other shows that they have to balance as well, and as more and more other shows are getting simuldubs/broadcast dubs, it's only making it harder to put resource priority on One Piece.

Mike is directing the new Full Metal Panic series along with Tokyo Ghoul Re so he's probably not directing One Piece right now meaning that another director has definitely taken it on. This does however mean that the One Piece episodes that he was chipping away at in September are probably done and are part of Season 10 seeing as he was taking on only one simuldub at the time and is now back to doing two. Couple that with Joel's episodes seemingly being finished before he left and I'd say that we'll probably get Season 10 very soon
    Last edited by TheGreatCaptainUsopp; April 19th, 2018 at 02:46 PM.

Starving Artist Elektrik Dynomite's Avatar

My gut tells me if this is a delay, it's definitely "Hands Up"'s fault

That or Funimation is spreading itself thin with Simuldubs, and has put One Piece on the back-burner

Quote Originally Posted by Elektrik Dynomite View Post
    My gut tells me if this is a delay, it's definitely "Hands Up"'s fault

That or Funimation is spreading itself thin with Simuldubs, and has put One Piece on the back-burner
    It's not on the back burner, Colleen said in a recent interview that it's dubbed during the extra hours that a director has when they aren't working on a simuldub so it's still going along. Joel seems to have directed the bulk of Punk Hazard as he mentioned recording with Rob McCollum on Twitter a few months ago and he obviously finished before he left, so I'd anticipate a release very soon. Someone with only one simuldub on their plate will probably be the new main director from now on. They haven't just been sitting around doing nothing since Fishman Island wrapped up dubbing in June of last year
    Last edited by TheGreatCaptainUsopp; April 19th, 2018 at 03:22 PM.

"dubbed during the extra hours that a director has when they aren't working on a simuldub" could be considered being on the back-burner. Which is what I was getting at talking about how all the simuldubs are getting priority over One Piece, even if it's just because they have to by nature.

My main concern is that we won't get Blu-rays starting from when Japan got them...I would say at this point that's a need, not a want. It's 2018.

Hand's Up concerns me a little bit, but didn't they eventually clear it for Crunchyroll and/or Funimation's website? I'm sure we're fine, but even if we aren't it's my least favorite opening and it won't be nearly as bad as missing Mirai Koukai imo.

You have to remember there are other countries that already reach this point of One Piece and didn't get a bluray release. For example both France and Germany have reached Punk Hazard and both countries didn't get those episodes on bluray. So at this point I doubt we will get a bluray release of the series. And plus for the U.S. release it doesn't make sense to start a bluray release at Punk Hazard, because that would mess up the collection release of One Piece big time. Since the last volume of Season 9, would be on the same collection of the first volume of Season 10.
    Last edited by Sano; April 20th, 2018 at 11:39 AM.

Both France and Germany have reached Punk Hazard and both countries didn't get those episodes on bluray.
    In France's case, Kana also released Fairy Tail (movies-aside) DVD-only, which Funi put out on blu-ray from the get go. Granted, there doesn't seem to be a similar example from Kaze Germany.

And plus for the U.S. release it doesn't make sense to start a bluray release at Punk Hazard, because that would mess up the collection release of One Pie ce big time.

Simple, you either have a pair of 3 or 5 disc Collections, or just start the Blu-rays with Collection 25 (S10V2). Either way, I think Funimation's track record suggests that they would release blu-rays if they could.

Quote Originally Posted by Slappy402 View Post
    My main concern is that we won't get Blu-rays starting from when Japan got them...I would say at this point that's a need, not a want. It's 2018.

Hand's Up concerns me a little bit, but didn't they eventually clear it for Crunchyroll and/or Funimation's website? I'm sure we're fine, but even if we aren't it's my least favorite opening and it won't be nearly as bad as missing Mirai Koukai imo.
    I disagree. I like Hands Up quite a bit and just like during the simulcast dealing with We Go for another 50-70 episodes will be enough to the point where I hold off on buying the individual sets and wait for the collections to reach that point.

+ Reply to Thread

Thread Information