+ Reply to Thread
Page 111 of 122 FirstFirst ... 11 61 101 109 110 111 112 113 121 ... LastLast
Results 2,201 to 2,220 of 2421

Thread: Funimation DVD Discussion IV (Please Check First Post for FAQ)

Default Re: Funimation DVD Discussion IV (Please Check First Post for FAQ)

Quote Originally Posted by AceLuffy4ever View Post
    Yeah Fishman Island is just a big bore anyway, Bring on Punk Hazard already, though i am looking forward to hearing

Spoiler:
    Big Mom and Pudding in English
    Spoiler:
    Pudding only gets a sigh so I doubt she will be casted this early. They could easily have some random staff worker do that and credit her as an extra. She isn't named or identified at this point but I'm looking forward to watching this scene again knowing what we do now.

Big Mom, Pekoms, and Tamamo will be interesting though.

I exist...I guess....

Quote Originally Posted by Zephray View Post
    Speaking of the streaming service, any news on their usual two episodes releasing a few weeks early?

They’re up now. They put them up 6 weeks before the DVD release at around 10pm PST

Duuuude

Watched both new episodes. Great dub quality, as always.

Animation wise...what a difference between the two. Yeeowch.

Oh, thank god. My rationing for this set has been insane. Like one episode every three weeks. Now I’ll be able to do one a week again (had two left on the set).

Here’s praying the final set in the arc gets announced with the solicits next week.

Funky Cold Merienda! kanji_xiii's Avatar

May solicitations so far............no sign of OP S9V5:
    https://fandompost.vbulletin.net/for...-solicitations

SAILING AGAIN FOR THE NEW WORLD

I exist...I guess....

I don't see any solicitations listed on that page at this point, just a list of potential future releases. Don't bother looking for solicitations until the 15th of the month; anything before than would likely be incomplete.

Funky Cold Merienda! kanji_xiii's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by midod View Post
    I don't see any solicitations listed on that page at this point, just a list of potential future releases. Don't bother looking for solicitations until the 15th of the month; anything before than would likely be incomplete.
    Ah cool, I didn't even read between the lines, I just scanned the titles and didn't see OP. Guessing we'll find out on Thursday then.

SAILING AGAIN FOR THE NEW WORLD

Long shot, but maybe the delay has been about getting Blu-ray rights?

Long shot, but maybe the delay has been about getting Blu-ray rights?
    I doubt we are getting bluray releases for the series at this point. Plus that would mess up the collection release big time. Since Collection 24 would be both Season 9, Voyage 5, and Season 10, Voyage 1. It would make no sense to do one half of the collection as bluray only.

Quote Originally Posted by Sano View Post
    I doubt we are getting bluray releases for the series at this point. Plus that would mess up the collection release big time. Since Collection 24 would be both Season 9, Voyage 5, and Season 10, Voyage 1. It would make no sense to do one half of the collection as bluray only.
    The collections could just stay dvd and the voyages would be Blu-ray only or a combo pack.

The collections could just stay dvd and the voyages would be Blu-ray only or a combo pack.
    I still doubt we're going to get a bluray release of the series this late in the series. Also other countries already went through Punk Hazard on their releases and it was release dvd only. For example the french release of the One Piece anime is about to release the first volume of Whole Cake Island and the series is still being release dvd only.
    Last edited by Sano; February 13th, 2018 at 10:16 AM.

I’m definitely inclined to agree with you. I’ve long learned not to expect anything from a funimation. But I hear that’s where the blurays started in Japan, so there’s more hope for it now than ever before.

But your comment about other countries not getting it at this point definitely removes some of that hope.

If anyone doesn't have it yet. Amazon got Season 9, Voyage 2 for 17.99 right now. Also Amazon got the preorder for Season 9, Part 4 for 28.59 right now.

I actually would not be shocked if Blu-rays are the delay. That is a very valid point.

I was holding out hope myself that we would start Blu-ray releases with Punk Hazard like Japan did, but hearing that France didn't do so is troubling. I would likely still continue to buy the DVDs and Voyages (I'm current with them and we've already come this far...), but I would be majorly disappointed if we don't start to get Blu-rays. Toei's incompetence and/or stubbornness in giving the American market (or other foreign markets) what it wants never ceases to surprise me though, so we shall see.

After 11 years, Joel is leaving FUNi, so it looks like we'll be seeing more of Mike. Mike did mention that he was working on One Piece alongside his one simuldub on OPP a few months ago so I think it's just going back to being Mike
    Last edited by TheGreatCaptainUsopp; February 14th, 2018 at 01:23 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by TheGreatCaptainUsopp View Post
    After 11 years, Joel is leaving FUNi, so it looks like we'll be seeing more of Mike
    Or more of someone else, I'm sure. Regardless, I felt he did an admirable job on his directing duties, and I hope he can come back to voice Kuma when the need arises.

Like the Avatar?
    / Like the Miis?
    3DS FC: 4468-0979-5223 / Wii U ID: JSHerstein

Quote Originally Posted by Shift View Post
    Or more of someone else, I'm sure. Regardless, I felt he did an admirable job on his directing duties, and I hope he can come back to voice Kuma when the need arises.
    Mike mentioned that he was working on One Piece back in December so he'll still be on it, but I guess we'll see Jerry Jewel return possibly

I exist...I guess....

For a series this long and expansive I don’t really see them sticking director duties on only one person, so I’m sure they’ll get someone else to take up directing duties alongside Mike eventually (if they haven’t already)

Well this is going to be a interesting time for the dub with these changes happening right before Punk Hazard.

+ Reply to Thread

Thread Information