+ Reply to Thread
Page 108 of 109 FirstFirst ... 8 58 98 106 107 108 109 LastLast
Results 2,141 to 2,160 of 2177

Thread: Funimation DVD Discussion IV (Please Check First Post for FAQ)

Default Re: Funimation DVD Discussion IV (Please Check First Post for FAQ)

Thank god. Finally. I’m irritated that they didn’t do a double release though. And that they aren’t reading episodes weekly like they erroneously said. Here’s hoping the release schedule speeds up to once a month and there’s no break between seasons.

--- Update From New Post Merge ---

Lordy. I’ve got to ration four one piece episodes over three months. Guess it’s time to embrace watching Hunter x Hunter more regularly.

good to finally see it up I guess..idk, hopefully we get the next set in April.
    I made this terrible username 8 years ago!

Duuuude

Cover is nice!

Hmm...only one commentary track?

About damn time.

I like that cover art. Best one in this season.

Merry Christmas, dub watchers! I hope many of you receive the gift of dubbed one Piece this holiday season.

Quote Originally Posted by Zephray View Post
    Merry Christmas, dub watchers! I hope many of you receive the gift of dubbed one Piece this holiday season.
    It's still Christmas where I am, so Merry Christmas to you too, Zephray.
    The best gift I could get is more dubbed One Piece in episode, movie, and video game format.

Quote Originally Posted by Zephray View Post
    late merry xmas to you as well
    I made this terrible username 8 years ago!

It just occurred to me that (assuming there are no moves/specials/whatnot first) 'Season Ten: Voyage One' will be a bit of a Funimation milestone: their 100th One Piece DVD!

Jesus. Is it really that many? Now I understand why folks don’t want to collect the series. Even the collections are at twenty sets already.

So i just recently re watched the finale of the Alabasta arc,and i noticed the usage of the song “memories” (ed 1 for the initiated) and it got me to thinking.... for those that keep up with the anime (this shouldn’t be a spoiler but just in case)

SPOILERS!!!! SPOILERS!!!!! SPOILERS!!!!!!!

I remember the 1 hour special that was made it also used the song memories as well,which took me by surprise. Are we to assume that when the dub gets to that point ,they wont be able to sing the song in dubbed form again?

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

Quote Originally Posted by ARC-1300 View Post
    So i just recently re watched the finale of the Alabasta arc,and i noticed the usage of the song “memories” (ed 1 for the initiated) and it got me to thinking.... for those that keep up with the anime (this shouldn’t be a spoiler but just in case)

I remember the 1 hour special that was made it also used the song memories as well,which took me by surprise. Are we to assume that when the dub gets to that point ,they wont be able to sing the song in dubbed form again?

But for real? I haven't seen much of the specials so even I can't say if they would redub the song or not. It be a waste as Japan told them no. But...

Hmm?
    But, how, can I exist within the midst of this? But, how, can I admit that I would quit on you? Missio - Can I Exist

Starving Artist Elektrik Dynomite's Avatar

Are we to assume that when the dub gets to that point ,they wont be able to sing the song in dubbed form again?
    Hmm, well they didn't dub "We Are!" in 516, but that was a different recording version from the original (by a different artist too?)
    However, 808 has the original version of Memories, and since they already once acquired the rights to dub that song, assuming they still have the rights, yes I think they would use their dubbed version

Quote Originally Posted by Elektrik Dynomite View Post
    Hmm, well they didn't dub "We Are!" in 516, but that was a different recording version from the original (by a different artist too?)
    However, 808 has the original version of Memories, and since they already once acquired the rights to dub that song, assuming they still have the rights, yes I think they would use their dubbed version
    The version of Memories used in 808 is a new version sung by the same singer that was released in 2016 because she returned to sing the ending song for Heart of Gold. They won't dub it though because Avex forbids the dubbing of the OPs, EDs and insert songs

Starving Artist Elektrik Dynomite's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by TheGreatCaptainUsopp View Post
    The version of Memories used in 808 is a new version sung by the same singer that was released in 2016 because she returned to sing the ending song for Heart of Gold. They won't dub it though because Avex forbids the dubbing of the OPs, EDs and insert songs

Oh whoops, my mistake, it sounded so similar. It's not the same as the version in Episode of Merry, is it?

Damn that sucks if true. So because it’s a new recording it disqualified it? Am I following right??

Duuuude

Damn that sucks if true. So because it’s a new recording it disqualified it? Am I following right??
    Even if it was the exact same song from the first ending, I doubt FUNi would use their English recording of it anymore. At this point, it would simply create inconsistency, since no other songs are being dubbed, other than something an actual character is singing.

Larry Brantley (Hordy) is recording a video commentary for a One Piece DVD today and since V4 doesn't have a video commentary on it, it's probably for V5: https://twitter.com/larrybrantley/st...90624514134016

Literally no spoilers whatsoever

Quote Originally Posted by TheGreatCaptainUsopp View Post
    Actually the Insert Songs have all been fair game if it's in media res. Since they stopped dubbing the OP/ED they have still dubbed the Sogeking Song, Bink's Sake and New World and they dubbed all the musical numbers from Film Gold. Basically it seems character songs are unaffected by this.
    Check out my artwork and my musings here:
    http://o-chan30.blogspot.com/
    http://ochan28.deviantart.com/

Is there a new English term for the Tamatebako yet? Did they be lazy like the rest of the fandom and ignore the perfectly feasable and easier to say and understand term of "Urashima's Casket?"

I hope its the latter and I have faith, since the dub still went with the term "Celestial Dragons" when everyone else preferred to exclusively use "Tenryubito" all the time.

Point is, like with the terms like Yonkou, Shichibukai, Tenryubito, etc. I hope the similarly named Tamatebako gets a more localized real name...
    One Piece: A story about a band of pirates calling themselves "Nakama" on a hunt for a legendary treasure. A story that teaches important values of friendship, and this is why I really got into the story. I have fallen in love with Nico Robin, she is everything that I ever was.

+ Reply to Thread

Thread Information