+ Reply to Thread
Page 103 of 396 FirstFirst ... 3 53 93 101 102 103 104 105 113 153 203 ... LastLast
Results 2,041 to 2,060 of 7914

Thread: Funimation DVD Discussion IV (Please Check First Post for FAQ)

Default Re: Funimation DVD Discussion IV (Please Check First Post for FAQ)

Why are DVDís always bundled but not blu rays???!

Quote Originally Posted by ARC-1300 View Post
    Why are DVD’s always bundled but not blu rays???!
    Because the purpose of bundles is to save money, and blurays cost more. Does anyone else find it ironic that the word "blur" is in blurays?
    Last edited by Zephray; October 23rd, 2017 at 10:16 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by Zephray View Post
    Because the purpose of bundles is to save money, and blurays cost more. Does anyone else find it ironic that the word "blur" is in blurays?
    People may call it "Blu-Ray", but that's not it at all. It's "Blu-R-Ay"! Xp

Like the Avatar?
    / Like the Miis?
    Dragalia Lost ID: 97617932505

Sorry to change the subject guys but I'd like to know what happened with the Collection Boxes (the Amazon exclusives), if there is a way for any one to ask someone in Funimation (conventions, podcasts, whatever) if we are ever getting a forth box. It's the cheapest way to get the collections dvds and the extras are great.
    International Fan up to date with FUNimation releases. There is no excuse people! (Still, I hate the regional blocking )

Quote Originally Posted by MarioMario View Post
    Sorry to change the subject guys but I'd like to know what happened with the Collection Boxes (the Amazon exclusives), if there is a way for any one to ask someone in Funimation (conventions, podcasts, whatever) if we are ever getting a forth box. It's the cheapest way to get the collections dvds and the extras are great.
    Go to their website and shoot them a question on their contact forum. Who knows if the person on the other side will know, but that’s the only recommendation I have for you. Outside of asking them on Twitter or Facebook.

What's funny is that nowadays, a simuldub can logistically happen. FUNi has Sourceconnect in their studios now, which can be used to record people remotely, so a logistical nightmare like before would likely not happen because the LA actors can just record through Sourceconnect (which is what they seem to be using to record Matthew Mercer for Law for Season 10). However, another director would probably need to be in charge of it due to the amount of episodes that they still need to catch up on, or Joel could take over the simuldub and someone else could direct the episodes that they need to catch up on. So yeah, it's possible, but I don't know if it'll ever happen

Quote Originally Posted by TheGreatCaptainUsopp View Post
    What's funny is that nowadays, a simuldub can logistically happen. FUNi has Sourceconnect in their studios now, which can be used to record people remotely, so a logistical nightmare like before would likely not happen because the LA actors can just record through Sourceconnect (which is what they seem to be using to record Matthew Mercer for Law for Season 10). However, another director would probably need to be in charge of it due to the amount of episodes that they still need to catch up on, or Joel could take over the simuldub and someone else could direct the episodes that they need to catch up on. So yeah, it's possible, but I don't know if it'll ever happen
    My two biggest wishes for One Piece has always been dubbed video games and a simuldub would be a godsend. I just hope that the delays has nothing to do with low One piece sales

Delay or not do we have to worry about the show NOT being dubbed, cause i can take the delays they throw at us as long as it means they keep producing the dub

Quote Originally Posted by AceLuffy4ever View Post
    My two biggest wishes for One Piece has always been dubbed video games and a simuldub would be a godsend. I just hope that the delays has nothing to do with low One piece sales
    Pretty sure we all agreed the delays are happening, because of the simul dubs. T gives them so much to do that they donít have time for everything.

Starving Artist Elektrik Dynomite's Avatar

Honestly, I'd rather them dub all the movies and TV specials then do a simuldub (as well as dubbing the main series in continuity) I can't imagine it being too difficult. The only reason I can think of that they haven't done it yet is either because the don't have the rights for some reason, or they don't think they will sell

Nah. For me Iíd rather have the simul dub. The movies are fun to watch once , and arenít even canon anyway , despite them trying and failing to connect them (poorly).

As for the specials , well, only 2 of the original efforts are any good , and only the 20th anniversary and return of foxy were any good as well.

Quote Originally Posted by Elektrik Dynomite View Post
    Honestly, I'd rather them dub all the movies and TV specials then do a simuldub (as well as dubbing the main series in continuity) I can't imagine it being too difficult. The only reason I can think of that they haven't done it yet is either because the don't have the rights for some reason, or they don't think they will sell
    I’d second this because we’re gaurenteed to get the episodes eventually anyways, so if it’s a hypothetical choice between a simuldub and the movies/specials, I’d go with the movies and specials, since I’m not convinced we’ll EVER get most of them.

--- Update From New Post Merge ---

They tend to do movies and specials after finishing a series, but One Piece will never finish, so they’d rather put their time into the episodes than the additional.

So do we simply have to worry about delays? I really really domt want them to srop dubbimg it.

Quote Originally Posted by Dusty View Post
    So do we simply have to worry about delays? I really really domt want them to srop dubbimg it.
    They're going to keep dubbing it

I exist...I guess....

We’ve had several delays happen throughout the entire run of the dub, ones even longer than this current one; if they were a indicative of cancellation than the dub would have ended long ago. Some people really need to stop assuming the worst every time we get any sort of break or delay

Weíre at the point where itís an inconvenience, and annoyance.

So no , we are just fine. The dub is not going anywhere.

Quote Originally Posted by Dusty View Post
    There are no signs of this ever happening. Don’t worry.

I've always wondered if perhaps they would consider dubbing the movies and TV specials after they finished playing catch up with Japan. While we'll never be truly "caught up" unless there's a simuldub (which would be difficult with the Strawhats all being A-List actors who may have trouble keeping with a permanent schedule like that), I wonder if they'll consider it whenever they consider themselves caught up. Joel said he predicted they wouldn't be far behind Japan within three years, and there was a small delay after he said that so maybe we could see dubs of some of the older extras around 2020?

That's an optimistic outlook anyway. Honestly my heart won't be broken if movies 1-7, 9 & 11 never get dubbed because so many of them were hit and miss and Funimation has been so good about dubbing the movies that Oda has supervised I don't feel like it would be a big loss. The TV specials however I really hope they consider dubbing and Heart of Gold gives me hope for them. Don't misunderstand though, I'll buy any and all of these things if Funimation dubs them, especially if they go the DBZ route and do movie collections.

Man, I want them all in a combo pack or two. That'd be great. But instead they'll just release one or two here and there individually.

3D2Y, Nebulandia, Ep of Nami, Ep of Luffy would all be great (though I've only ever seen Ep of Nami). And obviously Baron (movie six) tops the cake.

Funky Cold Merienda! kanji_xiii's Avatar

Damn, I was worried I hadn't heard any news on the 4th/5th voyages and now I know there are delays.

Started watching the dub with my 6yo and it's taken us a little over 12 months to reach MarineFord.

At our current pace we'll be finished Fishman Island by Easter, but it doesn't sound as though the dub will be ready by then.

Looks like we may need to slow down to weekly episodes from the start of the timeskip. That means it will take us the entirety of 2018 to reach Punk Hazard!! That should buy us some time until Season 10 comes!!

We can at least progress with the digitally colored manga scans. The translation of that is already one third into Dressrosa

SAILING AGAIN FOR THE NEW WORLD

+ Reply to Thread

Thread Information