+ Reply to Thread
Page 101 of 101 FirstFirst ... 51 91 99 100 101
Results 2,001 to 2,020 of 2020

Thread: Funimation DVD Discussion IV (Please Check First Post for FAQ)

Default Re: Funimation DVD Discussion IV (Please Check First Post for FAQ)

Quote Originally Posted by G1Ravage View Post
    Season 9 Voyage 4 doesn't even have a release date yet?
    nope, unless it's added later at the rate we're going .. will be a 4 month wait

*So MIA for January: One Piece, Fairy Tail, DBS Pt 3, AoT Season 2

Are we still even catching up anymore to the sub? We used to but now idek anymore
    Chapter 437 Discussion after franky decides to join the Strawhats:
    So who think Usopp is inside that duffelbag?
    H x H Chimera Ant Arc / OP Manga Spoiler
    Spoiler:

Jim Foronda and Daniel Baugh have both said that they have finished recording their characters for Season 9 and Baugh was even doing some pick up lines last week so the end of Season 9 shouldn't be too far off. I guess Joel's vacation to Japan, that happened shortly after Daniel Baugh said that he finished recording Fishman Island, affected production a little. It's coming though so there's no reason to get upset, it's just strange that production was affected that much by a couple weeks vacation to Japan. Super isn't on there either and that follows a three month schedule so I guess they just wanted January to be a Crunchyroll month
    Last edited by TheGreatCaptainUsopp; October 16th, 2017 at 07:23 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by Long John Silvers Rayleigh View Post
    Are we still even catching up anymore to the sub? We used to but now idek anymore
    Ive long given up on this. This is why I was hoping for a simuldub.

--- Update From New Post Merge ---

Quote Originally Posted by G1Ravage View Post
    Season 9 Voyage 4 doesn't even have a release date yet?
    February at the very earliest.

At this point, I’ll get frustrated if there’s also a break between seasons. I much would’ve preferred a three or four month break between seasons.

Starving Artist Elektrik Dynomite's Avatar

I know it will be awhile, but I was thinking about potential characters for the Collections sets covers. Mihawk caught me by surprise, but going forward my predictions are:

22: Shirahoshi
    23: Hody Jones
    24: Smoker
    25: Trafalgar Law
    26: Caesar Clown
    27: Bartolomeo
    28: Rebecca/Kyros (or Toy Soldier)
    29: Sabo
    30: Doflamingo
    31: Fujitora
    32: Dogstorm/Catviper/Jack (Could be either one, or maybe just actually Zunesha)
    33: Big Mom

Quote Originally Posted by Zephray View Post
    Ive long given up on this. This is why I was hoping for a simuldub.
    If a wait of a couple of months upsets you guys this much, why would you even want to catch up to the sub? You realize that would probably mean even longer waiting times between sets?

Quote Originally Posted by Riddler View Post
    If a wait of a couple of months upsets you guys this much, why would you even want to catch up to the sub? You realize that would probably mean even longer waiting times between sets?
    Not necessarily. There's always been the possibility of a simil dub. If they just did that and started where the official Japanese Blu Ray releases stopped ,and continued off from there ,the pain of the wait wouldn't be so bad.

I'd kinda like a situation of what hunter x hunter has for viz and toonami.

Quote Originally Posted by ARC-1300 View Post
    Not necessarily. There's always been the possibility of a simil dub. If they just did that and started where the official Japanese Blu Ray releases stopped ,and continued off from there ,the pain of the wait wouldn't be so bad.

I'd kinda like a situation of what hunter x hunter has for viz and toonami.
    What situation is you referring to

Quote Originally Posted by AceLuffy4ever View Post
    What situation is you referring to
    Hunter x hunter always has new dubbed episodes every week on Toonami while the dvds can take their time on release.

Iím proposing rather than just jump to the whole cake island episodes, why not instead dub the episodes where the Japanese blu ray releases left off. And give it to us weekly to wet our appetites until the next release.

Or

Dub the whole cake island episodes ( 4 episodes behind as seems to be procedure) and give it to us on a weekly simul dub basis.

Or

Just give us the latest batch of one piece dub episodes of fishman island in a weekly format one episode at a time to appease us.

They really arenít entitled to do anything if you ask me. If anything we ought to be grateful they have stuck with the series as long as they have.

Quote Originally Posted by Riddler View Post
    Nah. I'm good with one episode per week, but on this release schedule, it isn't even that. If the show caught up, they'd do a simuldub, and I'd get weekly episodes.

I exist...I guess....

Them catching up wouldn't necessarily guarantee that a simuldub would happen.

Hunter x hunter always has new dubbed episodes every week on Toonami while the dvds can take their time on release.

I’m proposing rather than just jump to the whole cake island episodes, why not instead dub the episodes where the Japanese blu ray releases left off. And give it to us weekly to wet our appetites until the next release.

Or

Dub the whole cake island episodes ( 4 episodes behind as seems to be procedure) and give it to us on a weekly simul dub basis.

Or

Just give us the latest batch of one piece dub episodes of fishman island in a weekly format one episode at a time to appease us.

They really aren’t entitled to do anything if you ask me. If anything we ought to be grateful they have stuck with the series as long as they have.
    But the Hunter situation sucks if you're on the other side of things. I started it with the DVDs, not Toonami, so I'm ten episodes behind the ONDemand options for Toonami with no way to catch up to the broadcast... If the sets came out faster, I'd be able to catch up to watch it weekly on TV. Unless you folks know where to watch Hunter dub?

So no new sets for at least three months? This is getting a tad bit ridiculous.

Are we sure they're not dubbing one of the specials like Episode of East Blue......or maybe the elusive 3D2Y dub that has no longer been heard of since 2015?

Either way, we wouldn't have this big of a gap if they weren't dubbing "something else".

Other shows, other priorities.

But the Hunter situation sucks if you're on the other side of things. I started it with the DVDs, not Toonami, so I'm ten episodes behind the ONDemand options for Toonami with no way to catch up to the broadcast... If the sets came out faster, I'd be able to catch up to watch it weekly on TV. Unless you folks know where to watch Hunter dub?
    It was never a problem for me. I too am buying the DVDís and have them all.

As for catching up to the broadcast ....... ď places pirate hat on headĒ.

It was never a problem for me. I too am buying the DVD’s and have them all.

As for catching up to the broadcast ....... “ places pirate hat on head”.
    Still couldn't find a torrent for the dub; that's why I bought the DVDs in the first place, since I'd never actually seen or read Hunter before.

Still couldn't find a torrent for the dub; that's why I bought the DVDs in the first place, since I'd never actually seen or read Hunter before.
    Weird. I just looked it up on my site of choice and itís all there , including the previous weeks episode.

Though due to many peopleís animosity towards the website, I canít link it here.

Speaking of Hunter X Hunter, Joel actually writes the dub script for that show

Other shows, other priorities.
    I think it's more complicated than that. One Piece has always been one of their high priority shows. I have the strong feeling that when Funi went all in on their simuldub initiative, it's messed up their disc release schedule.

Quote Originally Posted by TheGreatCaptainUsopp View Post
    Speaking of Hunter X Hunter, Joel actually writes the dub script for that show
    Thats weird. Viz is run out of a whole different state... And you’d think they wouldn’t want crossover employees.

Quote Originally Posted by MasterKingJC View Post
    I think it's more complicated than that. One Piece has always been one of their high priority shows. I have the strong feeling that when Funi went all in on their simuldub initiative, it's messed up their disc release schedule.
    That’s what I said, isn’t it? Other shows started popping up (simuldub) and became their priority.

+ Reply to Thread

Thread Information