+ Reply to Thread
Page 335 of 338 FirstFirst ... 235 285 325 333 334 335 336 337 ... LastLast
Results 6,681 to 6,700 of 6743

Thread: Pokemon Ultra S&M - Let's Minecraft Pikachu and Eevee Quest

Default Re: Pokemon Ultra S&M - Let's Minecraft Pikachu and Eevee Quest

Quote Originally Posted by Robby View Post
    General theory is they switched butterfree and Venomoth around because Butterfree was the more popular design. You look at their heads and they absolutely look like switches of the early forms of the others... and given the "things weren't planned to evolve originally" take, that makes perfect sense. I'm not 100% sold on Venomoth originally being butterfree.... but Butterfree was 100% oriignally Venonat's evo. Even the hand positions!

https://i.kym-cdn.com/photos/images/...22/644/a2e.jpg

Similarly, Dragonite was the original Charizard. Thats why it's so different from it's prevos, including it coloring. As early as Yellow, and definitely by the anime, Charmeleon looked pretty distinct from Dragonite, but in the very first games...

https://archive-media-1.nyafuu.org/v...264326962s.jpg

Quote Originally Posted by Bugs View Post
    stuff
    Quote Originally Posted by Bugs View Post
    more stuff
    Wow, those are really good obscure info!

Curiously, if we take the index numbers as an indication of the order they were created, and thinking of them as batches based on what you said, the whole Caterpie/Metapod/Butterfree line was implemented at the same time, so maybe the Butterfree and Venonat similarities are really just a very weird coincidence. Hmm... I always wondered about that one, cool to have some indication Butterfree was always meant to be Caterpie's final form.

https://www.otaquest.com/game-freak-illustration/

Every week, a live drawing video will be uploaded to Game Freak’s official YouTube channel featuring one of the designers who work at the studio in Japan conducting a drawing from scratch, providing a rare insight into each of the chosen designers drawing techniques and methods.
    The first episode will be conducted by Ken Sugimori, an art director and one of the people who designed many of the original 151 Pokémon that spawned the cultural phenomenon. Hironobu Yoshida and James Turner will also be featured in their own episode as they showcase their drawing techniques in a rather relaxed environment using the technologies and material they would use to conduct their day to day work. During each of the episodes, they will be interviewed by fellow graphic designer Takao Unno.
    Quote Originally Posted by MrBits
    Place your bets. Is [AlphaMale/AlphaBro, an obvious ban evader] going to get banned again today, tomorrow, or in a week?
    Quote Originally Posted by AlphaBro
    okay let's bet . Would love to see your losing face next week !
    An actual bet and conversation on the Chapter 905 thread, literally an hour before he got banned again.

of the Hundred Beasts The Laughing Man's Avatar
    Watching a fat, egg-shaped woman fall down a waterfall.

An EXTREMELY reliable insider and "leaker" named king zell (a member on the gaming forum, ResetEra, and a reddit user) has said (yesterday) that Pokemon 2019 (the next game, currently untitled, "true beginning" of Generation 8) is going to be Breath of the Wild-tier (apparently the game has been in development close to 3 years now) when it comes to design, scale, and importance placed on it by Nintendo (probably gonna be their BIG showcase game at E3 2019). It's suppose to do what Breath of the Wild did for the Zelda series, but...to the Pokemon series.

They also made mention we should be hearing about it soon, the reveal, and the marketing cycle will be beginning (i.e. trailers revealing new pokemon, revealing the region, mechanics etc).
    Last edited by The Laughing Man; January 5th, 2019 at 12:23 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by The Laughing Man View Post
    An EXTREMELY reliable insider and "leaker" named king zell (a member on the gaming forum, ResetEra, and a reddit user) has said (yesterday) that Pokemon 2019 (the next game, currently untitled, "true beginning" of Generation 8) is going to be Breath of the Wild-tier (apparently the game has been in development close to 3 years now) when it comes to design, scale, and importance placed on it by Nintendo (probably gonna be their BIG showcase game at E3 2019). It's suppose to do what Breath of the Wild did for the Zelda series, but...to the Pokemon series.

They also made mention we should be hearing about it soon, the reveal, and the marketing cycle will be beginning (i.e. trailers revealing new pokemon, revealing the region, mechanics etc).

FC: 5043 2397 0050 In Game trainer name (WolfWood)

I'd like this to be true, but I don't believe it.

Well, aside from the part about the reveal and marketing starting soon.
    Quote Originally Posted by MrBits
    Place your bets. Is [AlphaMale/AlphaBro, an obvious ban evader] going to get banned again today, tomorrow, or in a week?
    Quote Originally Posted by AlphaBro
    okay let's bet . Would love to see your losing face next week !
    An actual bet and conversation on the Chapter 905 thread, literally an hour before he got banned again.

I wonder what this potential news means for the amount of new pokemon it'll deliver. If this was truly a large scale game, I would love to see the number of pokemon get to 999 or 1000.

Quote Originally Posted by andre View Post
    I wonder what this potential news means for the amount of new pokemon it'll deliver. If this was truly a large scale game, I would love to see the number of pokemon get to 999 or 1000.
    Maybe, but I'll settle for being actually able to catch them all in one game.

FC: 5043 2397 0050 In Game trainer name (WolfWood)

Quote Originally Posted by The Laughing Man View Post
    Well, the BotW open world free exploration go anywhere you want without artificial barriers approach is basically what we all want, so... it'd be nice if true. But if they just mean "graphics" but the direction you go is as on-rails, hand holding and cinema heavy as SM was, then... bleh.

Quote Originally Posted by andre View Post
    That is incredibly unlikely. We're only at 809 right now, and even the biggest gens have only brought 150.

Especially now that they reinvent old monsters with mega forms and aloan forms (or whatever the new region variant is)... I'd imagine that we're probably going to see about 80 new things again (including 9 starters and 20 legendaries....) and 30-50 revisits of old things. That seems to have been their method of choice now.

If it was JUST the games they had to consider, I could see one of them randomly pushing into 200 monsters, since other monster collection games have managed that, but since they have to deal with marketing new toys, movies, the anime, etc., they seem to have figured out about what they can pace in a typical 3 year period comfortably.

But that'll pave the path for Gen 9 to hit 1000 in 2022 or so for a late 25th anniversary.

(The original game came out in February 96 in Japan so the actual anniversary would be 2021... but between anniveraries lasting a whole year, multiple games, the anime, and the rest of the world releases, they can fudge the dates however they want to exploit the big 25 for a while.)
    Last edited by Robby; January 5th, 2019 at 02:41 PM.
    To support Viz hosting all Jump manga for FREE and day of release, Arlong Park will now support the official release.

Official chapter discussions now start Sundays at Noon, EST.
    Please do not post threads when scan sites release their version, and just discuss those releases in the spoiler thread.

of the Hundred Beasts The Laughing Man's Avatar
    Watching a fat, egg-shaped woman fall down a waterfall.

Yeah... I'd expect around maybe 70 to 75 (or something) new Pokemon at the very MAX (they will, of course, implement old Pokemon to make the dex of the game bigger of course) if they are truly redoing the world design and formula, and amping up the scale of the game itself as it sounds they are doing.

Most of the effort will probably be put into the world design and such over implementing a bunch of new Pokemon.

I want my cake and to eat it too. My favorite gens are always the ones with a bunch of new pokemon that aren't just evos or prevos of old ones ie 3 (especially 3) 5, and 1. Buuuut, if they truly do expand the world and the gameplay in interesting and fresh ways, I'll be more than happy with a smaller amount of new Pokemon.

Also, if they do go the smaller pokedex route, I hope there are less legendaries or special (UB style) Pokemon, so more Gen 6 than 7.

I'm hoping for some evolutions for old pokemon actually, the new Mewtwo movie is called evolution, so I'm hoping that is a theme once again like Gen 4, hopefully with Mega evolutions also being part of it.

Pokemon X/Y ingame name: Pedro
    3DS FC : 1547 5213 7769 - NNID : SunGodKizaru Switch: SW-7487-5553-2501

No more cross generation evolutions, they look weird and tack on concepts that are barelly related to the original mon (except weirdly eevee), like Rydon is now a construction worker! Magmar is now artilery! Baby pikachu has a litte suit/bib!
    3DS FC: 0516-7666-3837
    SW-4128-8032-0729

The thing I want the most for the next Pokemon game is for leakers to shut the fuck up and just let people enjoy the pacing of release of information.

Maybe I'm just jaded because the Smash cycle involved such a stupid amount of rumors, insiders, "leakers", text leaks and all that, but it seriously just gets tiring. Particularly since when you follow gaming news and sites the leaks are outright shoved in your face more than half the time. Let pokemon company release information when they want and how they want and actually surprise people with that information.
    It's like sitting down to enjoy a book while some asshole is sitting next to you screaming "HEY THERE'S SOME REALLY COOL STUFF IN TWO PAGES THAT WILL IMPACT X CHARACTER AND REVEAL Y INFO AND IT WILL BE SUPER COOL, TRUST ME." At a moderate level it can be enticing and make you curious for what's coming. But at the level it's like now it's just overwhelming and exhausting and makes you long for the release of everything officially not to enjoy it but just so people can stop being attention whores and shut the fuck up.

At the least with this one it's something so impossibly vague and uninformative that it can be ignored, pretty much the equivalent of saying "the game will have new stuff that will change the franchise!" (which could be said about every pokemon release ever). And "leaking" that the marketing cycle will be starting soon is not a leak as much as it is a reasonable assumption. Not to mention the fact that soon could mean next week as easily as it could mean March or April.

/rant

^ Yep .
    Quote Originally Posted by Ubiq View Post
    I've often wondered about that myself; seems like being supported by people who only want you there so the world can end in fire (with you going to Hell in the process) would be somewhat off-putting
    3DS Friend Code 0044-2806-5284

What are your guys favorite Starter pokemon???

Quote Originally Posted by Shiebs View Post
    Not a lot of people may know this, but I love Popplio.

Honorable mentions: Fennekin, Cyndaquil, Snivy

MALKIOR THE DESTROYER KaizokuJinbei's Avatar

Squirtle will always be my #1

Tododile, Treeko, Popplio, and Mudkip are all #2

I definitely don't favor water types
    PSN: Ryuunaga, Nintendo Switch Friend ID: SW-1971-9767-4001, Steam: Malkior7, 3DS FC: 4167-5777-1464

It's either Squirtle or Oshawott for me. I always go for the Water starter.
    Oshawott needs more love.
    FC(3DS) - 2724-4238-5489 (LZTan)
    FC(Switch) - SW-3434-4042-7728 (Jin)

Bond en Avant practices drawing in SAI

+ Reply to Thread

Thread Information