+ Reply to Thread
Page 332 of 345 FirstFirst ... 232 282 322 330 331 332 333 334 342 ... LastLast
Results 6,621 to 6,640 of 6883

Thread: Pokemon Ultra S&M - Let's Minecraft Pikachu and Eevee Quest

  1. #6621
    A dog exists somewhere David Ludwig's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2011
    Location
    Florida

    Default Re: Pokemon Ultra S&M - Let's Minecraft Pikachu and Eevee Quest

    Slowpoke is so majestic.



  2. #6622

    Default Re: Pokemon Ultra S&M - Let's Minecraft Pikachu and Eevee Quest





    For reference, datamining from Sun and Moon found walking and running animations for all +800 especies. Ultimately this feature was scrapped off because of hardware limitations.

    It's incredible how some tweaking can make already existing models look more revamped.
    3DS FC: 0087 - 2971 - 9910

  3. #6623

    Default Re: Pokemon Ultra S&M - Let's Minecraft Pikachu and Eevee Quest

    Detective Pikachu has been rated PG-13. Expect one Fuck at most.

  4. #6624

    Default Re: Pokemon Ultra S&M - Let's Minecraft Pikachu and Eevee Quest

    And since we are already there, LGPE has sold over 3 million in the first week.
    3DS FC: 0087 - 2971 - 9910

  5. #6625
    Just as planned choperman's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2007
    Location
    Right Behind you! MWHAHAHA

    Default Re: Pokemon Ultra S&M - Let's Minecraft Pikachu and Eevee Quest

    it would be cool if when you beat a gym and got a badge they'd let you put it next to your gamer profile, next to your avatar

    Member of Beelzebub is Freakin' Awesome Group
    what I'm catching up on currently: Gintama, lone wolf & cub, Nausicaä of the Valley of the Wind, and lost in poem (by our very own AP member GEPPETTOSMONSTER)

  6. #6626
    Discovered Stowaway
    Join Date
    Nov 2017
    Location
    Cali-4-Nye-Eh.

    Default Re: Pokemon Ultra S&M - Let's Minecraft Pikachu and Eevee Quest

    So there's no way to connect these two Switch games to any of the 3DS Pokemon games, correct? I stopped playing the games after they seemed to make it entirely impossible to actually Catch 'Em All (which for me was after Diamond and Pearl). I would have liked a remake of Crystal better since it has two regions in one game so you at least get your money's worth. Also, since they are remakes of Yellow, the Sevii Islands from FireRed and LeafGreen aren't part of it, are they?

  7. #6627

    Default Re: Pokemon Ultra S&M - Let's Minecraft Pikachu and Eevee Quest

    Quote Originally Posted by BattleFranky69 View Post
    So there's no way to connect these two Switch games to any of the 3DS Pokemon games, correct? I stopped playing the games after they seemed to make it entirely impossible to actually Catch 'Em All (which for me was after Diamond and Pearl).
    Funny you should say that, most of my living dex grind *came* from Gen IV, specifically hours and hours in Heart Gold. A lot of the previous pokemon were all mass migrated from my gba games, which definitely helped in Pearl/Sinnoh games.

    After that, the lion's share of the pokedex has been a continuous transfer across the gens, to Sun atm, where the living dex is staying.

    I couldn't imagine starting from scratch Gen VIII, i'd go mad.





  8. #6628
    Discovered Stowaway
    Join Date
    Nov 2017
    Location
    Cali-4-Nye-Eh.

    Default Re: Pokemon Ultra S&M - Let's Minecraft Pikachu and Eevee Quest

    Quote Originally Posted by MetaMario View Post
    Funny you should say that, most of my living dex grind *came* from Gen IV, specifically hours and hours in Heart Gold. A lot of the previous pokemon were all mass migrated from my gba games, which definitely helped in Pearl/Sinnoh games.

    After that, the lion's share of the pokedex has been a continuous transfer across the gens, to Sun atm, where the living dex is staying.

    I couldn't imagine starting from scratch Gen VIII, i'd go mad.
    I think it was the fact that all the ones in Black and White were original, with no previous generations mixing in with them like most of the other games had. You have to have at least a few throwbacks or it loses the nostalgic feel.

    If I had to play one of the games, HeartGold or SoulSilver would be the one, because of how it includes both Johto and Kanto. I wish more of the games would do that kind of thing.

    I think my biggest complaint, though, is how few of the new ones really feel like they're drawing on new designs. At least as of B/W, I don't think they had a mosquito Pokemon, which would have been an awesome bug type to design a Pokemon around. Same with a creepy-ass centipede and/or millipede. But oh, so, so, so many types of turtles and bears and dogs and cats and birds and others being rehashed. If they put in the effort I might have kept up with it but they just didn't give me any incentive with that lack of real creativity.

  9. #6629

    Default Re: Pokemon Ultra S&M - Let's Minecraft Pikachu and Eevee Quest

    Quote Originally Posted by BattleFranky69 View Post
    I think my biggest complaint, though, is how few of the new ones really feel like they're drawing on new designs. At least as of B/W, I don't think they had a mosquito Pokemon, which would have been an awesome bug type to design a Pokemon around. Same with a creepy-ass centipede and/or millipede. But oh, so, so, so many types of turtles and bears and dogs and cats and birds and others being rehashed. If they put in the effort I might have kept up with it but they just didn't give me any incentive with that lack of real creativity.
    I think overall the last few gens have had really creative pokémon. Yes, mixed in with some obligatory forgettable rehashed designs, but still. B/W did have the Venipede line though, and personally I feel Giratina fits that "creepy millipede" aesthetic too.

    Gen 7 added the mosquito-based mon (technically Ultra Beast) Buzzwole.

  10. #6630

    Default Re: Pokemon Ultra S&M - Let's Minecraft Pikachu and Eevee Quest

    Even the pikachus get interesting latelly with squirrel, into flying squirrel, into hamster fairy thing, into hedgehog with metal spikes.
    3DS FC: 0516-7666-3837
    SW-4128-8032-0729

  11. #6631
    They say I am The Spaceman's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2011
    Location
    the sun of nothing

    Default Re: Pokemon Ultra S&M - Let's Minecraft Pikachu and Eevee Quest

    Yeah, while Gens 6 and 7 are my least favorite gens, they have some of my favorite and overall best designs in the series. Wish I could suffer through these games again to use the ones I never got a chance to.

  12. #6632
    Discovered Stowaway andre's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2010
    Location
    Mt. GOATmore

    Default Re: Pokemon Ultra S&M - Let's Minecraft Pikachu and Eevee Quest

    I think Gen 6 and 7 had some great designs, but also quite a few clunkers, which was a bigger deal since they introduced a lot less pokemon. I've found that to be a minority opinion among Pokemon communities, though.

  13. #6633

    Default Re: Pokemon Ultra S&M - Let's Minecraft Pikachu and Eevee Quest

    Gen 5 is such a weird place to point to for lack of creativity, when it was THE gen where they had to design a world and its pokemon without any reliance on past pokemon. To me that's what made it the best, because it stood under the weight of it's own quality and contributions instead of cheesing it by letting players go in for the now common Gen 1 nostalgia.

    Also, for every time people complain about the ice cream and the piece of literal trash, we also have so many excellent additions. But then again for me where gen 4 almost made stop playing pokemon, it was gen 5 that rekindled the hype, so maybe I'm just biased.
    Last edited by Noqanky; November 27th, 2018 at 08:27 PM. Reason: Also vanillite is actually an awesome pokemon, fite me

  14. #6634
    The English Avenger Satsuki's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2005
    Location
    Well hidden

    Default Re: Pokemon Ultra S&M - Let's Minecraft Pikachu and Eevee Quest

    For all it was very creative, I have to say Gen 7 was my least favorite set of pokemon. Very few of them stuck to me.

  15. #6635

    Default Re: Pokemon Ultra S&M - Let's Minecraft Pikachu and Eevee Quest

    The thing with gen 5 is that it has too many 3 stages families, so any liked or disliked mons (like I hate palpitoad because it's warts, and don't care much for Levany) it is a lot of times threefold.
    And then there are the Dorus.


    But whomever insluts the generation that gave us Volcarona, the joltik line, the jellycent line, is a non grata person in my book.

    Gen 4 is the worst for sure. The initial explosion of legendaries, 22 new evolutions that mostly don't fit with what was before, like 6 babies again, who asks for those?, Only like 3 3-stages families outside the starters, and Pokemon go is dripfeeding them, so it is more underwhelming.
    3DS FC: 0516-7666-3837
    SW-4128-8032-0729

  16. #6636

    Default Re: Pokemon Ultra S&M - Let's Minecraft Pikachu and Eevee Quest

    Quote Originally Posted by maxterdexter View Post
    The thing with gen 5 is that it has too many 3 stages families, so any liked or disliked mons (like I hate palpitoad because it's warts, and don't care much for Levany) it is a lot of times threefold.
    And then there are the Dorus.


    But whomever insluts the generation that gave us Volcarona, the joltik line, the jellycent line, is a non grata person in my book.

    Gen 4 is the worst for sure. The initial explosion of legendaries, 22 new evolutions that mostly don't fit with what was before, like 6 babies again, who asks for those?, Only like 3 3-stages families outside the starters, and Pokemon go is dripfeeding them, so it is more underwhelming.
    I actually like more mons having a third evolution, particularly given that in-game Gen 5 reaches higher levels on average than earlier generations. It's cool to have mons reach a third evolution late game rather than having them reach a second one in early-mid game and then they just remain and grow stale for the rest of the journey.

    I have the opposite problem with other gens, like 7: too many mons without evolutions that either don't hold up for the entirety of the game, or have to happen relatively late in-game to make sense balance-wise.

  17. #6637

    Default Re: Pokemon Ultra S&M - Let's Minecraft Pikachu and Eevee Quest

    Oh, balance wise I agree, I was talking about variety of design-wise. And the 3-stages thing is not a complaint of mine, (except for palpitoad) just an observation on why some would dislike this gen.

    But If I had a say, I would have made some families shorter.

    Well, If I really had my say, I'd introduced regional forms like in gen 2.
    3DS FC: 0516-7666-3837
    SW-4128-8032-0729

  18. #6638

    Default Re: Pokemon Ultra S&M - Let's Minecraft Pikachu and Eevee Quest

    For all the flack Gen I gets, I dare say it has got the highest number of mediocre designs IMO.

    The three-stage larvae line just pales in comparison to other Gens. Special mention goes to Gen VII, which has some of the best designs for bug types.

    And don't get me started on the Voltorb (a pokeball with eyes), Magnemite (a one eyed floating magnet), Grimer (a heap of toxic waste), or Koffing (an asteroid with a face) lines, to name a few.

    The at that time one-stage only non legendary mons also range from mediocre to average. Of that list I think I only liked a few. Gen VII is criticized for introducing more than 10 non evolutionary mons, but even the most simplistic of them has its charm.

    Overall, Gen I took inspiration from the most common species and objects, resulting in designs that would immediately make you identify what animal or thing most of them were based on.

    Over the time GF has gotten far more creative. They ditched the Gen I dullness and progressively looked for more inspiring sources.

    I know I'm going to rustle someones jimmies, but I don't care.
    Last edited by Nekketsu; November 28th, 2018 at 10:23 AM.
    3DS FC: 0087 - 2971 - 9910

  19. #6639

    Default Re: Pokemon Ultra S&M - Let's Minecraft Pikachu and Eevee Quest

    I love GenV pokémon in general, but I agree it is a problematic generation design-wise. It feels like a fan-made dex, with someone trying to come up with a dex similar to GenI but not quite the same. So, many of it feels like "not-"... we have the not-Magnemite, the not-Muk, the not-Tauros, the not-Ponyta, not-Hitmonduo, etc. I love it, but I concede it feels like a (high level) pokémon ripoff.
    But, yeah, just like Noqanky, GenV relit in me a flame that was almost dying thanks to GenIV.

    As for GenVII, I see as a major hit. There are so few designs I dislike and I ton I absolutely love. I mean, we are talking about the generation that brought Mimikyu and Rowlet, some of the best designs GF delivered in many years (I think Hawlucha is the only design in the previous generation that is on the same level). I look at it and I can totally see the extra effort put into it, so many new designs oozing personality. It really set the bar high in my eyes, so maybe GenVIII will not live up to my expectations.

  20. #6640
    Discovered Stowaway
    Join Date
    Nov 2017
    Location
    Cali-4-Nye-Eh.

    Default Re: Pokemon Ultra S&M - Let's Minecraft Pikachu and Eevee Quest

    Quote Originally Posted by Noqanky View Post
    Gen 5 is such a weird place to point to for lack of creativity, when it was THE gen where they had to design a world and its pokemon without any reliance on past pokemon. To me that's what made it the best, because it stood under the weight of it's own quality and contributions instead of cheesing it by letting players go in for the now common Gen 1 nostalgia.

    Also, for every time people complain about the ice cream and the piece of literal trash, we also have so many excellent additions. But then again for me where gen 4 almost made stop playing pokemon, it was gen 5 that rekindled the hype, so maybe I'm just biased.

    I just wanted some connection to the previous generations (there are some combinations of types and movesets that I like to have no matter what region I'm training) so while creative in that respect, it wasn't enough for me in Black and White. And I'm probably one of the few who wouldn't complain about the ice cream or piles of trash because my gripe was that they weren't drawing on enough new things, since those two in particular were based off of never before used objects. I just disliked the re-use of so many deer, turtles, dogs, cats, birds, fish and bears, to name a few, throughout each new generation since even before Gen 4.

+ Reply to Thread

Thread Information

Users Browsing this Thread

There are currently 1 users browsing this thread. (0 members and 1 guests)

     

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts