+ Reply to Thread
Page 317 of 317 FirstFirst ... 217 267 307 315 316 317
Results 6,321 to 6,337 of 6337

Thread: Pokemon Ultra S&M - Let's Minecraft Pikachu and Eevee Quest

Default Re: Pokemon Ultra S&M - Let's Minecraft Pikachu and Eevee Quest

Everyone's lasting memory isn't Red or Oak

It's their childhood rival, DICKS.

Red isn't a character anyway, it's an avatar of the player. The goal with pokemon was always for the player to insert themselves into the story, which is why you pick your name, pick your starter and decide what you want your team to be.

So if you think Blue/Gary/DICKS was the most compelling character, you're essentially declaring your rival as better than you
    Like that I don't shut up about games? Here's my game design blog
    Twitch Channel: twitch.tv/Nephy4

Quote Originally Posted by RoboBlue View Post
    Giovanni never really rises above being a stereotype.
    admitedly GS sheds more light on him but game Giovanni was at least more interesting than anime counterpart.

he just sits in a dark room with his persian all day

I think Red is definitely the most iconic Pokemon character purely by the nostalgia of being the first player character and the pure brilliance (at the time) of his place in Gold and Silver. Being iconic in two sets of games puts him over the top.

Quote Originally Posted by andre View Post
    I think Red is definitely the most iconic Pokemon character purely by the nostalgia of being the first player character and the pure brilliance (at the time) of his place in Gold and Silver. Being iconic in two sets of games puts him over the top.
    I wonder how many people would remember him if he hadn't been the final boss of gen 2.
    Before that encounter he didn't even have a canon name.

Honestly I think DICKS stands out in part because, as far as rivals have gone since then, besides maybe Silver, all the rivals are just too nice. Gimme a rival I wanna punch as he says that he will be inhaling my aroma at a subsequent time and place

Quote Originally Posted by Satsuki View Post
    So . . . . are these the official new main games in the series? Or are they re-do's like Soul Silver and Heart Gold?
    They are remakes of Pokemon Yellow, and they are also NOT new main games, those will be in 2019.

--- Update From New Post Merge ---

Quote Originally Posted by RoboBlue View Post
    Oak is interesting but we never learn anything about him
    We know he can't tell the difference between boys and girls, and doesn't remember the name of his own grandson.

And if you count spinoffs like Pokemon Snap, we know he awards the most points for pictures of pokemon butts.

As someone who was raised on Gen 1. I found it incredibly easy to combat nostalgia for it.

Every gen, I only use that gens pokemon. Every play through I use a different starter for different teams. This way I have nostalgia for every gen.

Quote Originally Posted by Bulbapedia
    MegaGengar, Diglett, Dugtrio, Sandygast and Palossand cannot be affected by the move Telekinesis
    I mean, it makes perfect sense, telekinesis makes the target mon float in the air, so those partially underground or made of the ground are unaffected but such weird exception.
    3DS FC: 0516-7666-3837
    SW-4128-8032-0729

https://nintendoeverything.com/game-...-switch-title/

“As for the 2019 title, we’re working with the idea that everyone will be playing on their own Switch."

I don't like how this sounds...

Uhh how does it sound? I'm not sure what the alternative is. Local multiplayer on the same Switch somehow?

I don't know if it is possible, but can a game be locked to the user who bought it on the Switch? Multiple save games has been my #1 wish for pokémon games, the Switch was about to bring it since you can have multiple users on it, but this sounds like they may look for a way to circumvent that.

Unless they go to extraordinary measures, save files are stored on the console and per user account. They're super liable to only let you have one save (many games currently do this on Switch) but all you have to do if you want a new file is to make a new user. I still think it's dumb, and I've complained about it before, but yeah.

There goes my idea/hope that it'd be like animal crossing on GC, where different people could play on the same save file and interact with the same in-game world. Heck, even be each other's rivals.

What's the point of the Switch if they still keep thinking of mobile and console experiences as isolated buckets that can't coexist.
    Like that I don't shut up about games? Here's my game design blog
    Twitch Channel: twitch.tv/Nephy4

That would be too much effort and too fun.

Quote Originally Posted by Noqanky View Post
    There goes my idea/hope that it'd be like animal crossing on GC, where different people could play on the same save file and interact with the same in-game world.
    Let's Go PE kind of has that.
    Maybe we'll win the coin flip and gen 8 will have co-op with substance.

She means meaningfully, as they archieve things in the same game world, it affects them, or leaves them gifts, or take over the champion spot while you don't play, or share records, or stuff.

Not just being the random Chansey/Lucario trainer from diamond and pearl who joins you for a quick jog.
    3DS FC: 0516-7666-3837
    SW-4128-8032-0729

+ Reply to Thread

Thread Information