+ Reply to Thread
Page 315 of 321 FirstFirst ... 215 265 305 313 314 315 316 317 ... LastLast
Results 6,281 to 6,300 of 6406

Thread: Pokemon Ultra S&M - Let's Minecraft Pikachu and Eevee Quest

Default Re: Pokemon Ultra S&M - Let's Minecraft Pikachu and Eevee Quest

Quote Originally Posted by Robby View Post
    The English kind of screwed itself with the Mr. Mime name, given that they added actual genders in the following generation.
    They could've just changed it.
    Victreebel and Feraligatr's names were intentionally misspelled due to character limits in gen 1 and 2, those should also be fixed.

Quote Originally Posted by RoboBlue View Post
    They could've just changed it.
    Victreebel and Feraligatr's names were intentionally misspelled due to character limits in gen 1 and 2, those should also be fixed.
    They're officially copyrighted and trademarked and licensed out to others as-is though. I'm not sure how much would be involved in fixing that, but probably far more effort and money than it's worth.

Now, if it were Pikachu and his name had been spelled Pikchu at some point, that'd probably be worth the effort to fix.

Victreebel is fine Faraligatr has always bothered the hell out of me.
    Quote Originally Posted by Ubiq View Post
    I've often wondered about that myself; seems like being supported by people who only want you there so the world can end in fire (with you going to Hell in the process) would be somewhat off-putting
    3DS Friend Code 0044-2806-5284

I decided to go the hearthstone way and just netdeck a team for pokemon showdown. I always fail in the preparation steep, but I do ok in the combat stage. I went a good while in RU with a copied team.
    3DS FC: 0516-7666-3837
    SW-4128-8032-0729

Formerly Vegard Aune Lord Starfish's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by maxterdexter View Post
    I wish that they would have gone with a more global aproach to naming the mons, one of those hindsight changes that won't be done after 20 years, like changing the goddamned base logo, or going Jojo on the anime and discarded Ash for good after kanto.
    Well, that's only a problem outside of Japan. In Japan, they redesign the logo with pretty much every new entry. Like, this is the Japanese logo to Platinum for example...

And Sun & Moon...

The English games having the exact same Pokémon logo every time is rather boring, yeah. Especially when it's replacing more unique designs from the original games.

That is the point that I was trying to make yes.

--- Update From New Post Merge ---

But my most wanted thing (impossible at this mon list size) is that pokemon parents of different species leave some visual cues on the offsprings, something like this album: https://imgur.com/gallery/L3Bkg (maybe not as through)

Like let's say that you are breeding the ultimate bug pokemon. Heracross + Heracross or H + Ditto would leave you with a normal heracross, but make the father a beedril, and get a heracross maybe with stripped shell and a sharp horn, any of the buterfly mons and put that pattern on the shell, or the wings, and so forth.

Sure, right now it would be a nightmare (even if it's not ALL permutations, but all permutations with viable parents, so it is not 900!, but it would be around 160 variations for the mon with the most possible (a water1-field) taking only final stages traits or a physical trait for family (like taking only eevee's fur style and colors, instead of the whole family), but maybe start with the fairy egg group or bug or flying and work it over generations, specially if it's only a visual thing.
    SW-4128-8032-0729

Seems like a lot of work (from concept drawings to programming) for something so inconsequential as well as for something that a sizable number of players don't do and not something that Game Freak can really hype the game on like the Alolan forms and the mega stones.

But my most wanted thing (impossible at this mon list size) is that pokemon parents of different species leave some visual cues on the offsprings, something like this album: https://imgur.com/gallery/L3Bkg (maybe not as through)
    Monster Rancher did exactly that. MR2 had maybe 30 unique species, but over 400 monsters. Parents would pass on body shape, color, or unique facial traits, sometimes moves. Sadly, MR2 had the largest roster and none of the games that followed got anywhere near that variety.

Yah, something like this, going over the water 2 egg group, I think is the smallest one:

Let's say putting some color on the fins of everyone, like a changeable customizable texture there, if going by full magic budget also the fin shapes, Octillery and Malamar being the hardest ones to addapt.
    SW-4128-8032-0729

https://www.twitch.tv/pokemon

A championship is going on, while the abundance of intimidate/terrains/weather is somewhat boring, I'm having fun watching it.

I like how Levitate/flyers sometimes have a dissavantage against terrain sets as they don't get the benefits.
    SW-4128-8032-0729

Joke about how nobody knows the rules to the TCG

I'm kind of fascinated by the status Z Moves again.

https://bulbapedia.bulbagarden.net/w...f_status_moves

For most of them is just tacking a 1 or 2 stage boost, a 3 stage boost (z-splash) or a full Ancient Power boost.

The "Calls a Z-Move" group have an interesting synergy with Prankster, as they get the priority boost, but fail against Dark-types, wasting the Z-move.

Then there are a bunch of "remove lowered stats", mostly the commonly used moves (Substitute, Swords dance, quiver dance..)

Then the full heals, for either the user (Z Belly drum!) or to the switch in (in case of suicide stat moves)

And finally the "I dare to kill me" moves, like destiny bond, work as Follow me or Rage Powder.

I think that the trend went more for "let's make sure to get a kill" rather than do a one time "status+boost" or "boost+heal" or something more gimicky. The strongest ones require you to have useless or dubious moves wasting space (conversion, splash) and are a one use only.

I wonder how they are going to go forward with Z moves, they brought the Wow factor of mega evolutions for all mons, with a fraction of the effort and terryfing meta defining consequences, personally, at the very least giving a physical animation and a special animation, and some more consistency to the power of the status Z to make it more intuitive the kind of boosts that you get from them.

I'll continue to check any successful uses of status Z moves around.
    SW-4128-8032-0729

I like that Primarina and Incineroar are VGC competitive right now.
    SW-4128-8032-0729

A few trailers of GoEevee and GoPikachu are out.

Spoiler:

Arcanine is rideable!
    Your rival is a wet noodle!
    Female Eevee get new tail pattern!

While I still care very little about this set of games, they paint a very interesting picture for the next generation.
    SW-4128-8032-0729

You look like crap, Green.

Spoiler:

MALKIOR THE DESTROYER KaizokuJinbei's Avatar

https://mynintendonews.com/2018/07/1...miere-in-2019/

next Pokemon Movie is Pokemon: Mewtwo Strikes Back Evolution
    PSN: Ryuunaga, Nintendo Switch Friend ID: SW-1971-9767-4001, Steam: Malkior7, 3DS FC: 4167-5777-1464

Well, rideable mons and your whole team running behind you I can get behind.

If only they weren't dumbing down the whole thing and it was just a straight remake I'd be down with it.

Man the Gen 1 pandering since Gen 6 and specially because of Pokemon Go is getting really annoying, so another Mewtwo movie...Gen 8 is going to yet again pander to Gen 1 fans, that's 3 gens in a row.

Pokemon X/Y ingame name: Pedro
    3DS FC : 1547 5213 7769 - NNID : SunGodKizaru Switch: SW-7487-5553-2501

I'm guessing they are still kind of afraid after gen5 total reboot.

My interpretation is that they expect anyone who wants an "all new all different" pokemon will just jump ship to Yokai watch, so they just go and try to push their advantage, their 20 years head start and nostalgia googles.
    SW-4128-8032-0729

I'm guessing they are still kind of afraid after gen5 total reboot.
    Was there backlash to that? That was the most refreshing mon game in a long time and is a step I wish they'd take more often.

Or at the very least, have a majority be new things. With the advent of Aloan forms we can have both. 100 or sonew things, and 50-100 old things but with new designs and typings.

+ Reply to Thread

Thread Information