+ Reply to Thread
Page 305 of 322 FirstFirst ... 205 255 295 303 304 305 306 307 315 ... LastLast
Results 6,081 to 6,100 of 6422

Thread: Pokemon Ultra S&M - Let's Minecraft Pikachu and Eevee Quest

Default Re: Pokemon Ultra S&M - We're Still Not Switching It Up Yet But Will Be In 2018

Quote Originally Posted by Ruin View Post
    I've heard more that "gameplay like Pokemon Go" just means "you get to throw the pokeball yourself"

Why y'all so reactive all the time lmao
    Yeah they aren't idiots to scrap the system they have been working on for years for a much crappier one.

As for versions, people that buy one and know anything about the game are probably going with Eevee right? like Pikachu only has one type, Eevee offers a lot more, plus if its a Yellow remake we will get the other starters as part of the story, kids that like and know Pikachu better might probably go with Pikachu's version.

Pokemon X/Y ingame name: Pedro
    3DS FC : 1547 5213 7769 - NNID : SunGodKizaru Switch: SW-7487-5553-2501

Default Re: Pokemon Ultra S&M - We're Still Not Switching It Up Yet But Will Be In 2018

We don't have a trailer yet, let alone a gameplay, nevermind any detailed info. What's the overreacting for.
    3DS FC: 0087 - 2971 - 9910

Quote Originally Posted by Nekketsu View Post
    We don't have a trailer yet, let alone a gameplay, nevermind any detailed info. What's the overreacting for.
    No idea, even website owners like Serebii are complaining about them casualising the game by appealing to Go players...
    Last edited by GetsugaZoro; May 16th, 2018 at 10:59 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by Nekketsu View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by GetsugaZoro View Post
    No idea, even website owners like Serebii are complaining about the casualising the game by appealing to Go players...
    I think people are just naturally scared when it is even insinuated that a console game would become closer to a mobile game. Mobile games have really become quite a travesty with their repetitive, simplified gameplay and then the RNG microtransactions which are just a complete and total disaster for gaming.

With that said, I'm leaning toward the GO aspects being light, like just being the optional ability to throw a Pokeball like in GO (hopefully it's optional, anyway. GameFreak isn't very good at understanding that things should be optional). However, with talks of the games being connected, the titles, and the game being inspired by GO I can understand why people are worried.

Connectivity might just be having the ability to send pokemon from Go to the Switch game.

Quote Originally Posted by Noqanky View Post
    This is jumping the shark quite a bit.

Even if stuff like catching is Go inspired, we're talking about just catching and we have no idea in which way it is Go inspired. No one has said anything about the entire experience being Go inspired, so thinking battles as well will be dumbed down is premature.

Not only that, but just logically looking at how careful Pokemon Company is about its competitive community and its several tournaments, it makes no sense to assume battling will be radically changed at the expense of the VGC community. There's too much value from the competitive pokemon community and too much good will from Pokemon Company towards that aspect of the game for us to assume they'd toss it aside for the sake of a more casual experience.
    Currently in the games you catch Pokémon by battling them.

Changing that means either they're changing the battle system entirely or that they're like... only making you catch Pokémon like in Go, but you battle trainers and other players like normal? If it's that, you can ONLY get experience against trainers? How is that going to work for game balance? Will there be a TON more random trainer encounters? Will there be a place with infinitely respawning trainers for you to go in to battle? Will getting your level up to battle Gyms require massive grinding?!

All of this raises huge questions and all of the answers to those questions appear to be "Massive overhaul to how the game plays that will end up making it feel like Pokémon Go"

I'm just glad this is seeming less and less like Gen 8 and more like The Gen 7 Remake, only doing Pokémon Yellow instead of Gen 4 like everyone expected.

Hopefully by the time Gen 8 happens Go will have truly faded and they can drop this idiocy in the trash where it belongs.

Switch Friend Code: SW-1795-2519-1884 • Click Here to check out my Twitch Channel

Connectivity might just be having the ability to send pokemon from Go to the Switch game.
    There's mentions of things like rewards from connecting Go and pokemon games, so it's understandable why it's something people don't like since Go is a super simplified take of pokemon not every pokemon fan played or got into.

It'd be annoying if I had to play a cellphone game in order to access content on a Switch game.

--- Update From New Post Merge ---

Quote Originally Posted by Demon Rin View Post
    Currently in the games you catch Pokémon by battling them.

Changing that means either they're changing the battle system entirely or that they're like... only making you catch Pokémon like in Go, but you battle trainers and other players like normal? If it's that, you can ONLY get experience against trainers? How is that going to work for game balance? Will there be a TON more random trainer encounters? Will there be a place with infinitely respawning trainers for you to go in to battle? Will getting your level up to battle Gyms require massive grinding?!

All of this raises huge questions and all of the answers to those questions appear to be "Massive overhaul to how the game plays that will end up making it feel like Pokémon Go"

I'm just glad this is seeming less and less like Gen 8 and more like The Gen 7 Remake, only doing Pokémon Yellow instead of Gen 4 like everyone expected.

Hopefully by the time Gen 8 happens Go will have truly faded and they can drop this idiocy in the trash where it belongs.
    This is still a slippery slope argument.

Like I said, Pokemon Company cares about its competitive scene. They can't just do a complete overhaul without shooting themselves on the foot. So at the very least I would expect battling to remain.
    Catching is a separate mechanic from battling. It could easily be a choice you make when you encounter wild pokemon to either battle them or try to catch them, and the catching could trigger a different event like launching pokeballs or w.e. bullshit Go does.
    Catching pokemon already gives out experience, I don't see how this complicates anything. You're trying to make it seem like there's no alternative to this being a trash fire, but it just isn't. At least not from what we know yet.
    Like that I don't shut up about games? Here's my game design blog
    Twitch Channel: twitch.tv/Nephy4

I don't really care about all that stuff until i see something official. I can still get worked up over it then.
    3DS FC: 0748-2376-4827

I was just being facituous. Watch it only be "you have to aim the pokeball to catch"
    3DS FC: 0516-7666-3837
    SW-4128-8032-0729

I can't see Go integration being anything more than being really surface level and minor. I actually still play Go (I've known a lot of the players in my community for a while now, so it's really a hangout thing) and Go is an entity completely unto itself. This is a game that still only has 3 Gens, that still hasn't added stuff like Smeargle and Shedinja because they don't know how to code their abilities, that still doesn't have PVP or trading yet... you're not going to build a mainline game around that. When I think integration I think transferring a few things over, like the Pokewalker with HGSS.

That said, while Kanto remakes are disappointing, if these are just spinoffs or just something to tide us over for Gen 8 in a year or two, fine. But you can't honestly expect the Pokemon Company to scrap stuff like their current battle system, breeding, etc. No reason to panic until we know more.

Quote Originally Posted by Envy View Post
    like just being the optional ability to throw a Pokeball like in GO (hopefully it's optional, anyway. GameFreak isn't very good at understanding that things should be optional).
    Neither is Nintendo gyroscopic and motion controls you can't turn off ahoy.
    Quote Originally Posted by Ubiq View Post
    I've often wondered about that myself; seems like being supported by people who only want you there so the world can end in fire (with you going to Hell in the process) would be somewhat off-putting
    3DS Friend Code 0044-2806-5284

I really can't see Pokemon, a series so horrified of actual shake-ups, suddenly changing the entire gameplay format now
    Granted, I wouldn't mind Pokemon simplifying some of the more bloated mechanics down a bit (get rid of all those redundant evolution items/methods, for one. We don't need a magnetized/ice rock/moss rock area in every damn game, especially when MAGNET/LEAF/ICE STONE all exist as items already)

Set Art by Daily Rowlet

21st Century Schizoid Man S.C. Amigo's Avatar

How long did it take for them to allow you to use HM's as items and finally free you from HM Slaves?

Quote Originally Posted by S.C. Amigo View Post
    How long did it take for them to allow you to use HM's as items and finally free you from HM Slaves?
    20 years aproximately, go figure.
    3DS FC: 0087 - 2971 - 9910

There are definitely aspects of the game that could use some simplification. Removing HMs and replacing them with the ride Pokémon was a good step, simplifying some of the ridiculous evolution methods would be another.

What would NOT be good is "Oh hey, just dumb everything down to Pokémon Go levels. That'll be good".

The leaks plus the title "Pokémon Let's Go" are what have me the most worried.

Switch Friend Code: SW-1795-2519-1884 • Click Here to check out my Twitch Channel

Getting worried is one thing. Crying out over the loss of everything that pokemon has been and continues to be is a bit much when all we know is titles.

They put em in Smash Bros! Conekiller's Avatar

For that matter all we've heard is "Catching Pokemon will be like GO". Assuming this is even true, that could be referring to simply how a pokeball throwing mechanic is handled. Hell it could be interpreted as being able to see pokemon in the overworld map like enemies in Chrono Trigger or Earthbound.
    [
    Please visit my Deviant art gallery.
    There will be Punch and Pie!

Quote Originally Posted by Green_vs_Red View Post
    Neither is Nintendo gyroscopic and motion controls you can't turn off ahoy.
    True that. At least they've gotten quite a bit better since the Wii days, but even the brief portions it is forced in say BoTW I could do without.

I do fear if this aspect of catching Pokemon like in GO is implemented it might be one of those things they don't want to make optional.

Quote Originally Posted by Noqanky View Post
    There's mentions of things like rewards from connecting Go and pokemon games, so it's understandable why it's something people don't like since Go is a super simplified take of pokemon not every pokemon fan played or got into.

It'd be annoying if I had to play a cellphone game in order to access content on a Switch game.
    Once again, it could be something as simple as the Tamagotchi thing, Dream world, etc aka you can get pokemon with moves or abilities they usually don't have, most of those could be breed after someone got them so someone will trade you those if you want.

Once again, it could be something as simple as the Tamagotchi thing, Dream world, etc aka you can get pokemon with moves or abilities they usually don't have, most of those could be breed after someone got them so someone will trade you those if you want.
    Regardless, it's exclusive. Any time you block a feature behind a second product you risk alienating people who do not want to invest time or resources on them. And it's understandable that people who like the main games for what they are don't want to have to partake in a simplified, more casual experience just to have access to content, even if that content is attainable otherwise (since the alternate method is probably more cumbersome).

+ Reply to Thread

Thread Information