+ Reply to Thread
Page 210 of 345 FirstFirst ... 110 160 200 208 209 210 211 212 220 260 310 ... LastLast
Results 4,181 to 4,200 of 6883

Thread: Pokemon Ultra S&M - Let's Minecraft Pikachu and Eevee Quest

Default Re: Pokemon Sun and Moon - Bewear of Spoilers

Quote Originally Posted by Demon Rin View Post
    Nah, no need TBH. I ended up with 7 of the Mimikyu having good Natures, including two other Brave ones. Tell me what preference you have for Nature and I'll check, chances are I have at least one that fits your needs already.
    I honestly can swing with any nature, lower level is a little better but as long as it's under 35 (trial obey), I'm fine. Either gender works too.

And no worries, I can't trade now myself, but tonight I can. (send me a Visitor Message when you can go :))

Quote Originally Posted by MetaMario View Post
    I honestly can swing with any nature, lower level is a little better but as long as it's under 35 (trial obey), I'm fine. Either gender works too.

And no worries, I can't trade now myself, but tonight I can. (send me a Visitor Message when you can go :))
    Cool. They're all freshly bred, so you'll be getting one at Lv. 1

Speaking of Natures, if you just plain don't care what Nature it is, that's cool, but if you're just trying not to be picky or if you just don't want me to breed over and over for a good nature for you don't worry lol. If you have any kind of preference, let me know. I have 26 of these things just sitting there, they have pretty varied natures. Chances are, I probably already have at least one that's the nature you might want without needing to do any more breeding lol.

I was originally gonna just be content with the Nature the one I got came with, but when I saw it WAS female (Because, again, Wags is awesome) and it's in the basic Amorphous egg group (So I can breed it with any of the ghosts I already had) I went kinda nuts lol.

Turns out Mimikyu has very few steps to produce an egg AND to hatch. The 30+ I had at the height of it (I GTS'd and Wonder Traded a few away) took less than an our to produce and hatch.

Switch Friend Code: SW-1795-2519-1884 • Click Here to check out my Twitch Channel

Cool. They're all freshly bred, so you'll be getting one at Lv. 1

Speaking of Natures, if you just plain don't care what Nature it is, that's cool, but if you're just trying not to be picky or if you just don't want me to breed over and over for a good nature for you don't worry lol. If you have any kind of preference, let me know. I have 26 of these things just sitting there, they have pretty varied natures. Chances are, I probably already have at least one that's the nature you might want without needing to do any more breeding lol.
    Fantastic! I like raising a mon from stratch so it likes me sooner :D

I'm good with any nature, no need to make extra work for you. ;)

So you can't rename traded mons? I wanted my Metang to be called Metallica ;_;

And damn it, over half my team is only obtainable after reaching the third island - Mimikyu, Bruxish and Vulpix, Jangmo-o it's on the fourth I believe, and Beldum/Metang is only through trade since I'm on Sun.

Quote Originally Posted by MetaMario View Post
    Fantastic! I like raising a mon from stratch so it likes me sooner :D

I'm good with any nature, no need to make extra work for you. ;)
    Last thing. I'm naturally gonna go to the name rater anyway, I want to change a few of my 'Mons' names. What Name would you like the Mimikyu to have?

Switch Friend Code: SW-1795-2519-1884 • Click Here to check out my Twitch Channel

Last thing. I'm naturally gonna go to the name rater anyway, I want to change a few of my 'Mons' names. What Name would you like the Mimikyu to have?
    You can keep it as "Mimikyu".

My finger will probably be bleeding before I find a female Salandit. My fingers will probably be bare bones before I find a female Salandit with a good nature.

But I captured a Kengaskhan and a Magby which is nice.

3DS FC-3196-4249-6136

I've finished most of the post-game by now. It's pretty decent. Definitely better than XY's lack thereof.

One thing I've noticed with this game is that there's a complete lack of puzzles in the game. There's the trials, sure, but those are mostly just fights. There's no ice floors, or block puzzles, or teleporter mazes at all. There's also very few caves at all.

I didn't really miss them as I was playing, and this is probably anti-frustration, but I can't help but feel like they didn't try. It definitely lowers the difficulty and dampens the 'mystique' of the game.

3DS FC: 0662-3589-2887
    NNID: Gibbs-free

Gary at the end of grueling dungeons in R/B/Y:
    "Ready to die, loser?"

Hau at the end of mundane route in Sun/Moon:
    "Golly gee let's have a battle. Oopsie, I'd better heal your Pokemon first so we're on even ground."

...Not sure which I prefer, honestly.

Having trouble in the second island trying to not get overleveled. In X/Y I was always overleveled, but it was my fault for being too lazy to actually turn the Exp. Share off. Now it's off ever since I got it and still... because of that I have to rush through the routes instead of trying to find everything available, but that's kinda ruining the fun.
    Silver lining is this is forcing me to use some pokémon otherwise I would just box, this way I can keep playing while keeping the levels somewhat reasonable.
    And now I finally got to the Nursery, I will be busy hatching/training my Drampa.

Btw, I have spare Drampas if anyone playing Sun or just wanting it before the fourth island (like me) wants it. So far I only have spare males, though, and all with Sap Sipper, but I will keep breeding until I can get a male Berserk one with a not-too-horrible-nature.

p.s.: Only me strongly disliking Hau and Lillie? I can't help giving the dickest reactions to them whenever possible.

Quote Originally Posted by CCC View Post
    "Ready to die, loser?"

"Golly gee let's have a battle. Oopsie, I'd better heal your Pokemon first so we're on even ground."
    I really miss caves kicking your ass, exhausting all your PP, and killing 4 of your monsters along the way, when money was too scarce to actually buy potions and repels and pokeballs, and there was a legit chance of random trainers beating you, and your rival certainly having evil timing.

Don't miss needing multiple HM slaves though.

There's a line between "cruel" and "complete handholding", and they had a good middleground along the way... but they've passed that threshold somewhat.

Really I'd just settle for a nice "expert" mode. Up the difficulty of everything, give gyms more monsters (though the new boss challenges and SOSes are a good step) and skip all the tutorializing. Just give you a dex and some pokeballs and let you be on your way as if you've played one or 15 of these games before. (Obviously that pure amount of experience, knowledge of types, etc. alleviates some of the challenge regardless because you understand the typings and know its worth it to invest in *some* repels, but...)

And... not blind nuzlocking a game when theres so many new things to try and experiment with.

Really though the biggest loss is there is no longer any challenge or burden to having say, a Magikarp or and Abra on the team. Before you would either have to put it in front and rotate it out constantly, or give it the only exp. share, in order to get to that gyrados after a ton of grinding with a useless monster that literally can't do anything. Now you just toss them in the back and they'll get their naturally... and you might not ever even *realize* they were intentionally bad monsters by the time they evolve. So it is a real shame that challenge has been lost.
    To support Viz hosting all Jump manga for FREE and day of release, Arlong Park will now support the official release.
    https://www.viz.com/shonenjump

Official chapter discussions now start Sundays at Noon, EST.
    Please do not post threads when scan sites release their version, and just discuss those releases in the spoiler thread.

So yeah, I got TO the first challenge of the second Island last night, even got a fancy Lapras to surf on, but it was getting late and I was getting sleepy, so I didn't get to actually finish the challenge lol.

A more solid opinion is forming of the game at this point. There are things I absolutely LOVE about this game and things I'm iffy about.

Love:
    Spoiler:
    - The new mechanic after catching Pokémon. The ability to choose whether or not to add them to your party automatically of if you want them sent straight to the box. This is AMAZING! I'm so happy with this system, like wow. Getting used to it is another story, I'm not used to those settings so I keep picking to put the Pokémon in my party and then I have to back out lol.

- The Level up function being separated from the Daycare is awesome. Both functions are still there it seems, but are separate. I can have two Pokémon breed now without needing to worry about them leveling up and their moves being overwritten in ways I may not want.

- The New Ride Pokémon replacement for HMs is just so good... not having to have an HM slave in the party is possibly the best thing ever.

- The new game structure. (Island Challenges instead of gyms, etc) It feels familliar in a way, and fresh in an entirely different way. It's neat so far. Not sure how much it eventually strays or aligns with the traditional formula, but I am definitely enjoying the change of pace.
    - Mimikyu. Mimikyu is best Pokémon. Hands down.

Mixed Feelings:
    Spoiler:
    - Team Skull. They're ridiculous and over the top corny, and I'm not sure if that's a good thing or a bad thing lol. I suppose I've gotten a lot of enjoyment out of mocking them... like, the second time I encountered them, they go "Yo, remember us?" and one of the options you have is "And... you were?..." as a reply and it's funny watching them get completely crestfallen lol. So far I find the over the top cornyness funny, but I worry if they handle this wrong or hammer it home it can get annoying fast. We'll see.

- The bit where it now flat out tells you what a given Pokémon is weak to if you’ve encountered it before… in some ways it feels more convenient, in others it feels like more of the handholdey stuff I really don’t like (more on that below). I mean, I guess in a world where you can just look up type advantages online, there’s no point in making it skill-based anymore… but I wish it was maybe turn-off-able?

Don't Like:
    Spoiler:
    - Trading in any way over the internet is just plain Garbage now. Like, complete Garbage. some of the Plaza stuff is kinda neat I guess, I like some of these features, but a better idea would have been to just take the Trade system they already know works and port it over wholesale into the Plaza. Why did the actual trade system itself and functions need a revamp?!?!?
    Why can't I just look someone up on my friends list and then go "Hey, I wanna trade with this person!"?!?!?!?!?!

- The Handholdy beginning. It feels like one long tutorial. Pokémon has been going on for 20 years and 7 generations of games now. We don't need a freaking Tutorial anymore. Almost everyone who bought this game has the freaking concept down. I get that Nintendo is a kid-friendly company and wants to make the game work for kids, I also get that there probably are people buying this who have never played a Pokémon game before, especially with Pokémon Go being a thing.... but there is NO Excuse whatsoever for the Tutorials to be un-skippable. This problem is EASILY fixed by just making the tutorials and the cutscenes skippable. That way, the newbs get their extensive lesson on how to Pokémon, while the veterans like us can skip faster to the fun part of the freaking game.

- It feels like the game is balanced for just going straight to each story point.... like, they don't intend you to explore or backtrack at all. I think just by exploring and trying to catch different 'Mons, I've already over-leveled. The game feels easy now, my Dartrix curb-stomps most of the competition. Now that I'm raising up my perfect Mimikyu, I've actually got it in front and am using it exclusively, and THAT'S actually fun because it is a challenge winning with it alone... but that's literally a Pokémon I just hatched from an egg about 2 hours of game time ago... and it's ALREADY at the point where it's like 1-2 levels higher than the Pokémon I'm meeting in the wild and from trainers...
    To be fair, I did just start the Wishiwashi trial where you first get Lapras... So I'm just now getting out of the "Tutorial" part I was just complaining about... does it get harder from here? I want a challenge lol.

Overall, I’m loving it. The positives definitely outweigh the negatives, so I’m loving it… some of the negatives are just baffling tho… like the Trade thing…

Quote Originally Posted by CCC View Post
    "Ready to die, loser?"

...Not sure which I prefer, honestly.
    The last rival to do that was in Black White 2...

And I have to say, I got my ass kicked because I didn't expect Gamefreak to pull that stunt again

While I agree the game is reaching new levels on lack of challenge to the point it is ridiculous, at the same time the players are not really helping.

Like, selectively hunting/breeding for a specific (or simply beneficial) nature. Why? It's not like you need a good nature to not have a hard time, it just makes an already extremely easy experience even easier. It's not like you are going to use those pokémon competitively anyway (they brought back a way to reset EVs?), but we still go out of our way to make our pokémon even stronger - and I say us because I am currently hatching eggs so I can have a pokémon with a nature a like, even though I am asking myself "why?"...

EDIT:
    - The new mechanic after catching Pokémon. The ability to choose whether or not to add them to your party automatically of if you want them sent straight to the box. This is AMAZING! I'm so happy with this system, like wow. Getting used to it is another story, I'm not used to those settings so I keep picking to put the Pokémon in my party and then I have to back out lol.
    The best part: it also works with eggs! Now you don't have to open slots in your team to get new eggs from Day-care/Nursery, so you can just keep replacing those that hatch with new ones non-stop.

Also, I don't know if this is already known, but the Roggenrola you catch have a chance of carrying an Everstone (and you can catch them before leaving Mele Mele). This should help those breeding early.
    Last edited by .access timeco.; November 21st, 2016 at 04:55 PM.

The bit where it now flat out tells you what a given Pokémon is weak to if you’ve encountered it before… in some ways it feels more convenient, in others it feels like more of the handholdey stuff I really don’t like (more on that below). I mean, I guess in a world where you can just look up type advantages online, there’s no point in making it skill-based anymore… but I wish it was maybe turn-off-able?
    I'm pretty okay with that addition. With 800 monsters now and multiple forms on a lot of them, and some things that have changed types, and hundreds of moves and interactions of 18 different types and dual typings (plus random abilities that affect said typings like levitate or absorb abilities or thick fat)... it's just an absurd thing to try and keep track of at this point, even for an experienced player. I can't imagine how overwhelming it would be to anyone at all new to the franchise.

It'd be nice if there was maybe a little more subtlety to it... only telling you when you have super effective moves rather than effective maybe, or you have to actually catch something rather than just fight it, or try a move on something first... or something. But it is kind of a needed addition. It still doesn't decide your team or the moves you have chosen before getting into the fight... its just the bare bones amount of knowledge you need to start to know to be able to play.
    Last edited by Robby; November 21st, 2016 at 06:58 PM.
    To support Viz hosting all Jump manga for FREE and day of release, Arlong Park will now support the official release.
    https://www.viz.com/shonenjump

Official chapter discussions now start Sundays at Noon, EST.
    Please do not post threads when scan sites release their version, and just discuss those releases in the spoiler thread.

I usually just play with the hand I'm given with in the main campaign. Natures I tend to just look at when I need help deciding a role in theory.... so I'm never just sitting there for 3 minutes trying to figure out whether or not a new move is worth it.

Personally I think the lack of challenge just comes from experience from those in the returning playerbase. Naturally players are going to get better and better and find even the tougher things easy.

But if there's one gripe I've had with the balance in Gen6, it's the important trainers(gym leaders, villian bosses, shit rivals like Wally, ect) having this one flagship Pokemon that is supposed to be iconic or in tune with thier appearance or personality.. but yet, have really poor movesets and kinda go down way too easily. This was super apparent to me when the Champion of Kalos whose name escapes me, uses a Mega Gardiavor. Combined with the grand environment, you'd think it would be tough... but it's sadly not. It's just a beefed up Gardiavor that was soley there to look nice. ORAS pulled the same exact stunt with Wally's pathetic final confrontation with you, only except he used a Mega Gallade.

I really miss when a trainer's flagship Pokemon felt like it was actually a big deal rather than "hey, look at my cool Pokemon".

Finished the game.

Final team:
    Decidueye (60)
    Lycanroc (59)
    Bewear (58)
    Salazzle (58)
    Aloan Dugtrio (58)
    Kommo-o (56) (thanks game for not letting you catch one till the very end of the game...)
    Working process.

Cleared the third trial.
    Spoiler:
    Definitely caught me off guard, but I kinda wished guessing right meant you didn't have to fight, like as a small reward for having a good memory. Totem Salazzle was pretty darn tough imo, considering she can poison you and her goons can trap you in Taunt and Torment. Almost swept my whole team.

Also Gladion is a pretty cool rival, he's "edgy" but not to the point where it turns you off, he has a clear bond with his Type: Null (again, very stupid name), and he's got his eye on you. But where is my boy Guzma????

I'm not sure if I should catch the new stuffed bear pokemon. Fighting is good but having three Normal types is definitely not. But I've never been able to have a Kangaskhan this early and Munchlax is unstoppable. I guess I'll get my Mimikyu from Rin and then Vulpix and call it a day on my team. Unless something really cool shows up.

I got a Litten in GTS and was surprised to find out it was the original owner's actual starter, not a bred one. For some reason I am pitying the thing so much that I think I will end up using it instead of breeding a baby (the hypocrisy lies in the fact I had already boxed my Dartrix by then, set on replacing it with a Litten, pretending I never picked Rowlet as my starter).

Quote Originally Posted by .access timeco. View Post
    I got a Litten in GTS and was surprised to find out it was the original owner's actual starter, not a bred one. For some reason I am pitying the thing so much that I think I will end up using it instead of breeding a baby (the hypocrisy lies in the fact I had already boxed my Dartrix by then, set on replacing it with a Litten, pretending I never picked Rowlet as my starter).
    Litten for life my friend

+ Reply to Thread

Thread Information