+ Reply to Thread
Page 209 of 345 FirstFirst ... 109 159 199 207 208 209 210 211 219 259 309 ... LastLast
Results 4,161 to 4,180 of 6883

Thread: Pokemon Ultra S&M - Let's Minecraft Pikachu and Eevee Quest

Default Re: Pokemon Sun and Moon - Bewear of Spoilers

I NOW HAVE 26 MIMIKYU!!!!

Wags, who has already maxed out his Cool levels, was EVEN MORE cool enough to actually get me a Female one, Apparently I got lucky with the eggs... ALSO apparently, the very next thing I encountered on my playthrough was the breeding place.... and I had a male Misdreavus....

About an hour or so, and ~30 Mimmikyu Later I now have female Mimikyu with a Brave nature for myself, and a Mimikyu with a Jolly nature for Jessica..... and seemingly endless GTS and Wonder Trade fodder.

Switch Friend Code: SW-1795-2519-1884 Click Here to check out my Twitch Channel

So . . . . . the nursery I encounter on the second island DOES hold pokemon and breeds eggs . . . . but they don't level up while they're there. DAMMIT.

Quote Originally Posted by Chrissie View Post
    SHINY FEMALE MUDBRAY *freaks out*
    Goddammit why does everyone else get nice shinies!? Out of all the pokemon games I've played I've only gotten like 3 shiny 'mons.

Just got a modest Eevee. Well that's tempting but I'm going to box it.

Now that I think about it, I've gotten some great natures so far.

The Other White Meat Capt Haggis's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Satsuki View Post
    So . . . . . the nursery I encounter on the second island DOES hold pokemon and breeds eggs . . . . but they don't level up while they're there. DAMMIT.

Goddammit why does everyone else get nice shinies!? Out of all the pokemon games I've played I've only gotten like 3 shiny 'mons.
    If it helps I had one. A Krabby all the way back in gold.
    Your daily heaping helping of haggis.

I tougth that the electric trial was a blast.

Also I feel like sos battles happen a lot less often if you arent power leveled, I mean when I was hunting for the dex on island one they kept happening but I haven't seen one succeed, even with little tries on island 3.

Also, while an annoying mechanic, it has its rewards.
    3DS FC: 0516-7666-3837
    SW-4128-8032-0729

It gives you EXP, but when trying to capture a pokemon, it is VERY annoying.

When you are dexing, yes.
    SW-4128-8032-0729

The Old Lapras and the Sea Kubihige's Avatar

Spent about an hour searching for a female Salandit before realising I probably won't even use it. Then right when I was giving up she finally appeared.
    3DS FC: 3969-4669-8685

Soooo . . . . I can ride a Lapras. Does that mean I never have to bother with Surf again?

Quote Originally Posted by Kubihige View Post
    Spent about an hour searching for a female Salandit before realising I probably won't even use it. Then right when I was giving up she finally appeared.
    Isn't that always the case?

The Old Lapras and the Sea Kubihige's Avatar

Seems like it. Maybe I can pretend to give up looking for this bear...

New favorite thing: Lapras Donuts!
    3DS FC: 3969-4669-8685

Ride pokemon substitutes HMS and the item finder, surf is the one useful hm though.

--- Update From New Post Merge ---

Egg group wise the only new combination was bug-fairy from combed/rimbombee. They aren't designing with that in mind I guess.
    SW-4128-8032-0729

Finished the game today. I'm going around catching everything now, but I have until January for it to matter, so there's no rush anymore.

I had my main team picked before release, and I found that two Pokemon were problems. I had no idea where to find Dhelmise, and Sandshrew was Moon exclusive.
    I resolved both of those soon after the end, and have trained them up to my main team's level.
    Decidueye, Mudsdale, Sandslash, Dhelmise, Toucannon and Pallosand. Too many ghost types.

Quote Originally Posted by Chrissie View Post
    My Meowth evolved....

*goes in a corner and mourns for the cuteness and elegance lost in the overblown cheeks of Alolan Persian*

Ahahahahahahahaha XD When I showed Zeph what caused my pout last night, he started talking like Garfield Persian too so that's extra funny now

....My poor poor handsome Meowth...
    My 3DS Friend Code: 1091 - 8457 - 8212

~Goronyanya~

Passed the second trial.
    Spoiler:
    It was pretty fun. People said that Totem Wishwashi would be a pain and I can see how -> Helping Hand + Aqua Ring + calling for help. GG if you didn't pick Rowlet.

I was a little annoyed at the handholding.
    Lana: okay next pond
    me: *goes like 2 inches out of the way to try to fight a trainer*
    Lana: no this way

Ignoring Rotem and the flagpole, I opted to explore the volcano for a bit....I found a Cubone, and was about to catch it whennnnnnn holy shit it calls a Kangaskhan. My heart nearly stopped, I LOVE Kangaskhan.

Also I'm probably gonna end up using more than six mons again, but I'm turning exp share on and off. Slowpoke I'm still iffy on because its special attack is garbage, but Munchlax is a monster brawler, so she's definitely saying. There's no stopping the true OG though - my Grimer.

Quote Originally Posted by Demon Rin View Post
    I NOW HAVE 26 MIMIKYU!!!!
    c-can you breed me one?

Got through the second trial, finally discovering NEW things that I wasn't spoiled on its so exciting! A berry plant thing, a mantis plant that looks super cute, a water spider, new mushroom thing that I assume like all mushrooms, learns spore in its mid 30's but evolves around 20, a fish that turns into a bigger fish... Gotta use alll the things! What does it evolve into it, what does it learn, does its typing change? Squeeee.

Still haven't come across a ton of things I knew in advance I wanted though like Wimpod, electric steel hedgehog, sea cucumber... and of course Sandshrew but I figure that would have to be in an icy area.

--- Update From New Post Merge ---

Quote Originally Posted by Satsuki View Post
    Because once every two years you suddenly get a ton of people playing a new game and reporting on it all at once so it throws off the perception curve.

I've only found a few shinies in the wild myself, but two of the ones I got I found on the same day within like an hour of each other. It's just random odds.
    To support Viz hosting all Jump manga for FREE and day of release, Arlong Park will now support the official release.
    https://www.viz.com/shonenjump

Official chapter discussions now start Sundays at Noon, EST.
    Please do not post threads when scan sites release their version, and just discuss those releases in the spoiler thread.

The SOS battles increase the Shiny rate
    3DS FC: 0903-2798-9958
    PSN: H3kt1
    My YT Channel: https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCuw...yK6eHc5FiDIEOw

After playing around with it for a bit, I really do like the SoS mechanics. Atleast in theory. It kinda gets in the way of hunting, but it's cool when you see things like Cubone randomly calling Kangaskhan, Eevee calling Espeon, or Magikarp calling Gyarados. It adds a bit more dimension to habitat, although it's tedious as hell to control.

Also... The little bit of freedom the second island gives is nice, although it's still mostly gated. Caught a Cubone and figured I'd swap it out for Hariyama.. who was kinda just there for damage. Looking forward to playing with her Alola version. Traded a Lilup for this plant bud pokemon I didn't like in the trailers, but then in evolved into Steenee... who looks like some crossbreed thing in the Ralts line. I may or may not swap her out for another grass type since my team is starting to look too much like a cast for an elegant Pokemon Contest(alongside Brionne and Oricorio), and I'd like some variety.

Also randomly got a Rowlett in Wonder Trade... Though I'm never going to use it since I commited to my choice of Popillo. I never used WT before, and I honestly feel kinda bad sending trash on there and possibly getting something good. But hey, it's the rules.

Sos battles do a bunch of things barely hinted in game:

Spoiler:

First and most annoying, sometimes another Mon will show up, like if you chain corsolas you get meranie, cubones to khangaskhan, and any baby in the first route to happiny, or if an evolved form shows up on the same route as the base in the dex, it will probably show up by chaining.

Second and most useful: ev training, it doesn't just add the evs, some reports say that multiplies them, so be warry of a wingull chain and the speed stat.

Third and most important: once you get to 40s hidden ability mons will show up, making it easier to access and harder to get.

Fourth and kind of useless, just as 6th gen chains, you'll start getting better and better IVs as well, maxing at 4 perfect around 40 chain.

Fifth and interesting shinny odds improve.

A lot of mechanics were dumped in the sos battles, making them awkward, but exploitable way to get strong mons fast.

The adrenaline orb item improves chances of happening
    The target Mon being at low health helps.
    It doesn't matter which one you keep or kill, but for capture purposes improving the chain you should always keep the latest alive.
    Synchronize apparently still works, but you won't need to have a sincronizer for each personality, because the imprinted personality of the wild Mon will be the one of the front of the party, so you get a ko jolly rattata put it in the first slot, and then put on the second a synchronizer kadabra , half of the wild mons of the chain will be jolly.

SW-4128-8032-0729

Quote Originally Posted by MetaMario View Post
    c-can you breed me one?
    Nah, no need TBH. I ended up with 7 of the Mimikyu having good Natures, including two other Brave ones. Tell me what preference you have for Nature and I'll check, chances are I have at least one that fits your needs already.

Only thing, I'm at work and have a pretty busy schedule today, shortly after I'm going to the Zelda Symphony of the Goddess tonight at 7:30, but I should be able to squeeze in a few moments to trade one with you.

Switch Friend Code: SW-1795-2519-1884 Click Here to check out my Twitch Channel

+ Reply to Thread

Thread Information