+ Reply to Thread
Page 168 of 345 FirstFirst ... 68 118 158 166 167 168 169 170 178 218 268 ... LastLast
Results 3,341 to 3,360 of 6883

Thread: Pokemon Ultra S&M - Let's Minecraft Pikachu and Eevee Quest

Default Re: Pokemon SUN and MOON - November 18

Quote Originally Posted by .access timeco. View Post
    What I see when I look at Alolan Dugtrio:
    Beat you to the punch

Quote Originally Posted by The Laughing Man View Post
    Spoiler:
    Yeah... This one is weird to me. Would have been easyish to do, really. Just making him a bigger, possible angry bear, that, is holding a tree trunk instead of a stump or something like that. I feel it's a missed chance at something.
    To make the love child of Pangoro and Gurdurr?
    Last edited by Green_vs_Red; October 18th, 2016 at 12:59 PM.
    Quote Originally Posted by Ubiq View Post
    I've often wondered about that myself; seems like being supported by people who only want you there so the world can end in fire (with you going to Hell in the process) would be somewhat off-putting
    3DS Friend Code 0044-2806-5284

Quote Originally Posted by Smiley View Post
    Pikpek has Skill Link, that's why he does it 5 times.
    Also Team Skull is great, already miles better than team flare.
    Spoiler:

Team Flare was really generic, yeah.

Team Skull does Haka, that's awesome lol

3DS Friend Code: 3196 - 6799 - 6143

Those Ultra Bests really looks like Stands.

The members of Team Skull aren't evil, they're just naughty by nature.

Shiny spoilers

Spoiler:
    Even the Rowlet line's shinies are basically Gundham-colored. I have never needed a non-Gogoat pokemon so much before, in my life.

Is it possible to get shinies from the chosen starter, or will I have to wait some matter of minutes before people are already breeding them and trading them?

3DS FC: 0662-3589-2887
    NNID: Gibbs-free

Quote Originally Posted by Wagomu View Post
    Shiny spoilers

Spoiler:
    Even the Rowlet line's shinies are basically Gundham-colored. I have never needed a non-Gogoat pokemon so much before, in my life.

Is it possible to get shinies from the chosen starter, or will I have to wait some matter of minutes before people are already breeding them and trading them?
    Assuming nothing changes from previous generations, you can reset for a shiny starter, if you have the patience.

Quote Originally Posted by Wagomu View Post
    Shiny spoilers

Spoiler:

Well how many soft resets are you willing to do .

It'd be much faster to get a foreign breeder from wonder trade and use Masuda Method.

So Hau is totally into your mom. Tell me I'm wrong.

If you get dunked on in the dream, you get dunked on in real life

Quote Originally Posted by Jabberwok View Post
    So Hau is totally into your mom. Tell me I'm wrong.
    You aren't.

Also, regarding the demo, there was one thing annoying me more than it should, but since it was the very first thing to happen in the demo it made me worry about the narrative of S&M.
    You start the demo by receiving a letter from the person who gave you Greninja. It's clear the person and Sun are close, Sun knows exactly who the person is, but still the narration proceeds to say: "The sender must've forgotten to write their name... It seems it can't be found on the letter or the envelope."
    You know, from a narrative standpoint it makes absolutely no sense to focus on that when the character in the scene will not be looking for that. The narration in pokémon games talks about what your character is seeing/hearing/feeling, if it is being said in the narration is because (s)he is paying attention to that at that moment.
    However, Sun knows the person's name even if I, the player, don't. He is not trying to find out who sent the letter, the narration focusing on that to make me wonder who that person could be... well, it just felt like poor writing to me.
    Also, trying to highlight the mystery of this person's identity is completely futile when you can almost immediately go to Greninja's summary and see "OT: Ash".

Quote Originally Posted by .access timeco. View Post
    Also, regarding the demo, there was one thing annoying me more than it should, but since it was the very first thing to happen in the demo it made me worry about the narrative of S&M.
    You start the demo by receiving a letter from the person who gave you Greninja. It's clear the person and Sun are close, Sun knows exactly who the person is, but still the narration proceeds to say: "The sender must've forgotten to write their name... It seems it can't be found on the letter or the envelope."
    You know, from a narrative standpoint it makes absolutely no sense to focus on that when the character in the scene will not be looking for that. The narration in pokémon games talks about what your character is seeing/hearing/feeling, if it is being said in the narration is because (s)he is paying attention to that at that moment.
    However, Sun knows the person's name even if I, the player, don't. He is not trying to find out who sent the letter, the narration focusing on that to make me wonder who that person could be... well, it just felt like poor writing to me.
    Also, trying to highlight the mystery of this person's identity is completely futile when you can almost immediately go to Greninja's summary and see "OT: Ash".
    Funny considering the upcoming next episode.

You are taking the narrative of the demo and aplying it to the rest of the game. It doesn't work like that. Compare it to the oras demo and the final game. Is a showcase of the game, and promotional material.
    3DS FC: 0516-7666-3837
    SW-4128-8032-0729

Spoiler:
    So the UBs have shiny forms, I'm starting to think they are actually going to be catch able then.

Polygon just made an article about it, apparently Nintendo confirmed they are capturable

http://www.polygon.com/2016/10/18/13...-beasts-theory
    Last edited by GetsugaZoro; October 18th, 2016 at 03:52 PM.

Pokemon X/Y ingame name: Pedro
    3DS FC : 1547 5213 7769 - NNID : SunGodKizaru Switch: SW-7487-5553-2501

of the Hundred Beasts The Laughing Man's Avatar
    Watching a fat, egg-shaped woman fall down a waterfall.

Ash is going to be the Champion of Alola, and Sun & Moon are events taking place AFTER the Sun & Moon anime.

In somewhat unrelated news: There's actually a backpacker in X & Y, not sure if everyone remembers this, that hints about Alola. One of his lines said the Champion of Alola (didn't mention Alola by name, of course) sure is something, and sure is unique. Wonder what they're like?

Actually. I'm going to put money on the champion having an Ultra Beast. Throwing all my chips in on that.
    Last edited by The Laughing Man; October 18th, 2016 at 04:09 PM.

Spoiler:
    I guess there are no fossils this time.

of the Hundred Beasts The Laughing Man's Avatar
    Watching a fat, egg-shaped woman fall down a waterfall.

Quote Originally Posted by KageKageKing View Post
    Spoiler:
    I guess there are no fossils this time.
    Spoiler:
    Nope. None. Which makes sense for an island based on Hawaii, because Hawaii is so young and practically has no fossils, but is sad from gameplay/Pokemon perspective, because fossil Pokemon are cool. Then again...you can get Bastidon in-game, as well as Rapidos (or whatever) too.

They put em in Smash Bros! Conekiller's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by GetsugaZoro View Post
    Spoiler:
    So the UBs have shiny forms, I'm starting to think they are actually going to be catch able then.

Polygon just made an article about it, apparently Nintendo confirmed they are capturable

http://www.polygon.com/2016/10/18/13...-beasts-theory
    Ultra Beast Speculation based on leaks
    Spoiler:
    Im really convinced that they're the personifications of each pokemon type. UB01 would be Normal, Beauty is fairy, the other one is clearly Bug. Theres one thats just electrical wires and sparks, clearly Electric. Theres one thats just blades, Steel. Dark and Grass are also easily identified. The only one Im unsure of is the large clawed one. I'm guessing Ghost.
    [
    Please visit my Deviant art gallery.
    There will be Punch and Pie!

So, I still can't decide which starter to get. I love the first two stages of Rowlet's line and the third of Litten's. In an ideal world, Dartrix would evolve to Litten3, but I suppose not every game can work like Digimon.

Torn between the two of them, after much consideration, I decided to go with both. Yay!
    I will start with Rowlet and then get Litten later through trade (which will be better than starting with Litten since I want a female one and god knows I don't have enough patience to soft reset until I get a female starter with proper nature).

With Ribombee ruining Cutiefly for me and Kommo-o model looking too stiff for my taste (I would love to see those scales shaking when it moved), both are out of the team and I think my final team is going to be Rowlet, Caterpie, Salandit, Drampa, Wimpod and Litten. Not 100% sure though, because I am afraid two starters can make the game too easy.

I used multiple starters before. Gen IV I had Infernape and Torterra, and then Gen VI I got both Froakie and Fennekin. I think overall the game is gonna be super easy regardless. For Gen IV only Infernape was truly OP, whereas for the gen VI run neither of the starters were my strongest.

Right now I'm waiting on typings to decide my last two spots... want to see what becomes of alola dugtrio and alola persian. If no new fairies develop, then last two spots in my team will most likely be Salandit and Ribombee.

Don't think I've ever been this excited about a pokemon team before.

+ Reply to Thread

Thread Information