+ Reply to Thread

Thread: Hi There! My Third and Favorite Series So Far

The Mad Moiselle BellisarioFaith's Avatar

Wink Hi There! My Third and Favorite Series So Far

Hi, guys! My name's Faith, and I'm a first-year Master's student from Michigan, USA. It's so cool to see that there are members here from all sorts of different places!

I guess I'll start off by saying that One Piece is not the first time I've dabbled in manga/anime; I've actually been a Naruto fan for 10 years! I read the manga, and I'm mostly caught up on the anime (except for the stupid fillers that have been happening this past year). I also read Inuyasha four years ago, although I didn't watch the anime for it. Seeing as Naruto ended over a year ago, I was desperately in need of a new manga fix, and decided to try One Piece after reading good things about it on TV Tropes (which has gotten me into plenty of different series). I started reading it a little over 3 months ago, and I'm very glad I did; I can honestly say, without hesitation, that One Piece is my favorite of the three series I've tried, to the point where it's pretty much become my go-to reading/watching whenever I have free time.

I've actually been a member of the forum for a few weeks now, but I didn't want to officially introduce myself and comment on too many posts until I was all caught up on the manga, which I finally succeeded in doing this past Wednesday. (Yay for winter break and all the stuff you can accomplish! Haha.) Throughout the past few months, I've been bouncing around between reading the manga, watching the subbed anime, and watching the dubbed (Funimation version, of course) anime, switching between them so many times that I actually starting logging my progress, lol. Currently, I'm just starting the Thriller Bark arc in the subbed anime and will begin the CP9 saga of the dubbed anime once I switch back to it.

Since I enjoyed being on a Naruto forum for several years, I'm looking forward to a similar experience with a One Piece forum. I don't know how often I'll be around since I have school and work and other stuff, but still looking forward to getting to know you guys!
    Last edited by BellisarioFaith; January 10th, 2016 at 05:18 PM.
    Hidden:

Default Re: Hi There! My Third and Favorite Series So Far

Hello Faith, welcome to AP. Glad you decided to join, hope you enjoy your stay. ^_^
    Steam Profile: Sorikai33 | 3DS Friend Code: 2981 6418 0894
    ^Feel free to add me on either^

Sig art by Stjepan Sejic

Welcome to the cult park! You should be getting your ceremonial robes and dagger in the mail before the solstice. Don't worry about providing an address, we've got that covered. We eagerly await your human sacrifice posts on this forum. Submit to the dark lord Have fun!

Real talk I'm just starting up grad school as well, so I understand the struggle. What are you studying? Is it anime? Is there a graduate degree in anime? Why didn't I apply for the graduate program in anime?

3DS FC: 0662-3589-2887
    NNID: Gibbs-free

Thanks, guys!
    Quote Originally Posted by Wagomu View Post
    Real talk I'm just starting up grad school as well, so I understand the struggle. What are you studying? Is it anime? Is there a graduate degree in anime? Why didn't I apply for the graduate program in anime?
    Haha I think that would be fun, but no, I'm doing Space Science. I'm an astronomy nerd, so I did Space Science & Engineering as an undergrad with minors in Astronomy and Physics. How about you?
    Hidden:

Welcome to the forums, I hope you have a awesome time here. Also, I really liked this green post, it gives the difference and elegance that this forums needs. Good job, my fellow knowledge seeker ;)
    When AP used to be good:

NEVER FORGET !!

Quote Originally Posted by Captain Ugly View Post
    Welcome to the forums, I hope you have a awesome time here. Also, I really liked this green post, it gives the difference and elegance that this forums needs. Good job, my fellow knowledge seeker ;)
    Don't we aleady have one who also uses the green letters? You know, the Deviant one.

Yes, the more the merrier (or in this case, fancier).
    When AP used to be good:

NEVER FORGET !!

Quote Originally Posted by BellisarioFaith View Post
    Thanks, guys!

Haha I think that would be fun, but no, I'm doing Space Science. I'm an astronomy nerd, so I did Space Science & Engineering as an undergrad with minors in Astronomy and Physics. How about you?
    Ooh, interesting! With the engineering bit of your undergrad are you more focused on space vessel designs or the observation and analysis of interstellar bodies?

I'm doing materials science/engineering, trying to get in on the nanocarbon game while it's popular, so I'm a different type of science nerd, haha.

3DS FC: 0662-3589-2887
    NNID: Gibbs-free

Graduate school can be really tough. Between the costs of the college courses & textbooks, you're always bleating money.

Novel I'm working on: The Dutchman
    Chapters Completed: 1!!
    Twitch / Blogspot

Oh, do other people use green letters too? That's fun. Green's always been my favorite color, so that's why I picked it.
    Ooh, interesting! With the engineering bit of your undergrad are you more focused on space vessel designs or the observation and analysis of interstellar bodies?

I'm doing materials science/engineering, trying to get in on the nanocarbon game while it's popular, so I'm a different type of science nerd, haha.
    The latter; mine's a very science-y engineering. Observation and analysis are much more my thing as opposed to actually building the spaceships. Materials science/engineering sounds great! We have a department for that here, too. You're right, different type of science, but it's always nice to meet a fellow engineer. Yay for science nerds!
    Hidden:

+ Reply to Thread

Thread Information