+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Thread: Theory: Monkey D. Dragon Has the Wind Devil Fruit

Default Theory: Monkey D. Dragon Has the Wind Devil Fruit

After Luffy's notoriety as a wanted man started resounding throughout the world, Luffy, before heading to Grand Line, decided to visit Logue Town in order to see the place where the Pirate King, Roger, had been executed.

As was stated by Nami here, being a wanted man means that, in addition to bounty hunters, the marines will start targeting Luffy.

However, at Logue Town, Smoker had an iron reputation of not letting wanted men leave the island.

Upon their arrival at Logue Town, Luffy rushed ecstatically to examine the place where the Pirate King had been executed, and after reaching the execution stand, he climbed it and became conspicuous to every soul present on the execution square.

Meanwhile, Nami noticed both a change in the air and a drop in the air pressure, which heralded the happening of a rainstorm.

However, while standing on the execution stand, Luffy was ambushed by Kabaji on Buggy's orders, after which the air pressure started dropping abnormally.

While Buggy was announcing Luffy's crimes that had triggered the execution, 'dark clouds' were shown 'moving' elsewhere.

And as Nami was rushing back to the ship, she stated that a storm was 'headed' for Logue Town, and this was indicated by the drop of both air pressure & temperature, and also by the movement of cumulus clouds, which are often precursors of storm clouds such as cumulonimbus clouds(also known as thunderstorm clouds).

There is only one force in nature that moves an entire storm, and that is 'wind'.

As Buggy was engaged in his speech about Luffy's execution, the clouds above him were purely white; however, after a short while, the dark clouds that had been shown moving elsewhere arrived above the execution stand, accompanied by the onomatopoeia of wind*.

*The Japanese onomatopoeia 'ゴオオオオオ'(gooooo) signifies movement of wind. It translates to the English 'whoosh'/'fwhoosh'. Keep this in mind since it will show itself a lot in this theory.

Shortly after that, Buggy swung his sword to decapitate Luffy, but his attack was completed negated and the execution stand demolished by a lightning from the clouds, since his sword had been functioning like a lightning rod.

After Luffy's life was saved and his freedom restored by the lightning, the wind started blowing West, providing Luffy’s escape with the tailwind, & Dragon, the mastermind behind these miraculous activities, emerged leaving the execution square whilst remembering Roger's words and approving of Luffy's desire for piracy.

Both his remembrance of Roger's words & his approval of piracy prove that he heard what Luffy shouted concerning his desire to become the pirate king during his execution moments, and this indicates his presence in the execution square. Since he had been present in the execution square, it should then be unreasonable to expect a father, who exhibits solicitude in respect of what path Luffy ought to follow(piracy in this case), to abandon his son to his demise. However, since Luffy had been in fact rescued miraculously by a storm, Dragon must have been the architect of it. And since it was 'wind' that forcefully brought the storm that saved Luffy's life, wind must then be his ability.

Back at Impel Down, when Iva had thought that Ace had been Dragon's son, he stated allusively that Dragon would appear on the War of the Summit to prevent the execution, indicating the lengths to which Dragon is willing to go in order to save his son.

I believe Dragon had brought the storm originally because of Smoker's reputation, since the arrival of the storm, aside from saving Luffy from the execution by Buggy, soaked the marines' gunpowder & caused the squad in the western harbour to head back to base to resupply, which made the harbour, wherein both the entrance to Logue Town and Luffy's ship were located, completely clear & safe for Luffy to sail off the island.

Subsequently, Smoker rode on his Billower Bike to the entrance (which is also the exit) of Logue Town, awaiting Luffy, and after a short fisticuffs between Smoker and Luffy, Smoker gained the upper hand in battle and held Luffy down, but when he was about to use his Jitte on Luffy, a wind blew and Dragon appeared consecutively, preventing Smoker from attacking Luffy.

This creates another connection between the wind and Dragon.

This also further proves that Dragon cannot stand by and watch without doing anything, abandoning his son to his demise. And since he couldn't stand by and watch Smoker use his jitte on Luffy, he wouldn't then have stood by and watched without doing anything back when Luffy had been on the verge of execution by Buggy. Therefore, what happened to save his son from execution, as mentioned earlier, must have been his doing.

While he was blocking Smoker's attack, a devastating gust blew, carrying marine soldiers all the way from the execution square, leaving destruction in its wake, and liberating Luffy from Smoker's grasp.

This is the fourth time in succession that wind behaves in the strangest ways only in the presence and benefit of Dragon.

We must keep in mind that we have never seen the strength of this gust in any of the storms to which we have been exposed thus far, except at Logue Town.

And as soon as Luffy had been freed by the gust from Smoker's grasp, Dragon raised his hand while verbally giving Luffy his freedom to leave the island in perfect consecution, creating the strong impression that the gust was his doing.

Let's not overlook that his statement about Luffy's desire of becoming the pirate king is another proof demonstrating that he was listening to what Luffy said about becoming pirate king.

Back at Goa kingdom, the wind was blowing strongly the day in which Dragon was ordained to make appearance and the nobles were determined to burn Gray Terminal.

Whenever Dragon is present, there is focus on wind in the storyline.

After the nobles executed their genocidal machinations of incinerating the people of Gray Terminal alive in the evening, and after all hope was lost, a breeze started blowing followed by an enormous windy explosion, leaving behind to the survivors of Gray Terminal a clear path at whose end Dragon was.

And this is another time among the many times that wind acts in the strangest ways in the presence and benefit of Dragon.

On the following day, after saving Sabo from extermination at the murderous hands of the celestial dragons, Dragon returned to his ship while moving air (wind) was gushing out from his body, which strongly indicates a windy, devil-fruit ability.

Keep in mind that if he came back to his ship, it means he hadn't been using his ship to get back to it, which means that he came back to it through other means. And when he landed on his ship, he seemed like he coalesces into his original body from a windy ability, which indicates that he was using it to get there.

This explains the abnormal wind that brought a storm to Logue Town, the wind that started blowing West in order to make Luffy's escape from Smoker very easy, the gust that liberated Luffy from Smoker's clutches, the gusty explosion that created a path for the people Gray Terminal, and his means of traveling lengthy distances without his ship.

These are my thoughts for why Dragon must have the Wind Devil Fruit.

Thank you for reading,

Australopithecus

Default Re: Theory: Monkey D. Dragon Has the Wind Devil Fruit

I've always kind of thought Dragon might have, well, a Mythical Zoan Dragon fruit. In some mythologies, dragons can control the weather, thus the above panels showing storms and lightning strikes and such. Maybe Vegapunk, upon knowing or even seeing Dragon's power, thought to replicate it, and it's failure is what Momonosuke ate.

The Wind fruit would work fine too though.

Quote Originally Posted by Hitotsumami View Post
    I've always kind of thought Dragon might have, well, a Mythical Zoan Dragon fruit. In some mythologies, dragons can control the weather, thus the above panels showing storms and lightning strikes and such. Maybe Vegapunk, upon knowing or even seeing Dragon's power, thought to replicate it, and it's failure is what Momonosuke ate.

The Wind fruit would work fine too though.
    Who said Momo's fruit is a failure?

Quote Originally Posted by Shadowgreed View Post
    Who said Momo's fruit is a failure?
    Vegapunk himself.
    The wind doesn't explain the rain during Logue town. So I think it's prolly has more to do with weather itself.

In that case the dragon DF is more fitting, since Japanese dragons are associated with rain and are said to inhabit lakes etc.

Quote Originally Posted by ladyhawke View Post
    Vegapunk himself.
    The wind doesn't explain the rain during Logue town. So I think it's prolly has more to do with weather itself.

In that case the dragon DF is more fitting, since Japanese dragons are associated with rain and are said to inhabit lakes etc.
    Can you provide me with the panels where Vegapunk says what you claim?

Can you provide me with the panels where Vegapunk says what you claim?
    You can reread chapter 685, I believe that is where it is mentioned. The DF is the one Vegapunk made, not the SMILEs.

You can reread chapter 685, I believe that is where it is mentioned. The DF is the one Vegapunk made, not the SMILEs.
    Vegapunk never said anything about his fruit, Caesar is the one who comments on it and as we know Caesar is a full time hater.

Vegapunk never said anything about his fruit, Caesar is the one who comments on it and as we know Caesar is a full time hater.
    That's not necessarily true. He did say that it was Vegapunk who discovered how to make artificial DFs, so he prolly understands the nature of DFs. So he didn't try to undermine Vegapunk's achievements in that regard. More importantly he's the one who made Momonosuke's.And looking at the DF, Momo can't control his transformation, when we've seen plenty of Zoans transforming,and controlling their transformation better than Momo. It should be clear that because of that the DF is a failure, or Vegapunk didn't manage to replicate the real properties of the DF, assuming it's a copy of an already existing one.
    So I don't know about you but for me it sure looks like a failure, and if it wasn't Vegapunk wouldn't have abandoned it and instead would have wanted to replicate it if truly it was a success.
    And it's not the only experiment Vegapunk abandoned.He also abandoned the giantification one,so maybe he simply wasn't that successful in his experiments on PH.
    Also we don't know for sure if the SMILEs don't have some side effects. I'm still trying to figure out if the gifters are supposed to only transform part of their bodies, or if they can't use the Zoans normally.They look like they could be SMILE users.

...And I don't get how this is related but oh well.
    Last edited by ladyhawke; December 26th, 2015 at 09:59 PM.

Let's just agree to disagree!

Let's just agree to disagree!
    Lol ok, but what do you think of Dragon being a Wind user? Since this is what the thread is about.

Lol ok, but what do you think of Dragon being a Wind user? Since this is what the thread is about.
    Completely plausible! It has been hinted at him controlling wind somehow, so he might have some sort of wind or weather type of fruit.

Wow good job Sherlock tell me more. Jesus Christ, you don't need to make such a big ass thread to explain one of the most popular theory that everyone already know. You are really craving for attention aren't ya?

Fully agree mate its so obvious Dragon is a Wind logia, only a matter of confirmation.

Also 2 more points, his base Baltigo is always windy thus indicating he has a wind fruit and he is the natural counter to Akainu's magma fruit similar to how Whitebeard stopped the meteor ball of Akainu in Marine ford arc by just blowing it with wind. So dragon will be his nemesis thats why Akainu is so butt hurt about Dragon they both will face each other later in series.

All this other theories that he has a Weather or Mythical Zoan dragon fruit are totally bullshit.
    Last edited by BlaZing; December 27th, 2015 at 02:04 AM.

As the storm moves, its cold front, due to its different density, causes warm, moist air to rise and fuel the cloud, and as the cloud moves, the 'rain area' of the cloud gets closer and closer until it reaches the execution stand.
    Spoiler:

--- Update From New Post Merge ---

Quote Originally Posted by BlaZing View Post
    All this other theories that he has a Weather or Mythical Zoan dragon fruit are totally bullshit.
    No, they are not 'bullshit'. They are theories just as mine is. While the hints that he is a Wind Devil Fruit are there, nothing has yet been confirmed.

Discovered Stowaway The Humanoid Typhoon's Avatar

Don't forget to add Baltigo on this one

Quote Originally Posted by The Humanoid Typhoon View Post
    Yeah ; the island is hidden by the sand when the wind blows, so that must be Dragon's work too.

Quote Originally Posted by The Humanoid Typhoon View Post
    I am not sure what you mean. Could you elaborate? Thanks.
    Quote Originally Posted by Kaptayn View Post
    Yeah ; the island is hidden by the sand when the wind blows, so that must be Dragon's work too.
    How did you reach the conclusion that Baltigo is hidden by sand? It would be pretty cool to know more about this.

Have you ever watched the movie Castle in the Sky? It was a castle hidden by a thunderstorm that surrounds it

I'm not sure how you would hide an island with sand, since a bunch of sand blowing around is a pretty good sign of an island in, especially in an open sea. Unless you mean the sand hides the actual base of the revolutionaries, and that is possible! : )

You could just have write this here.

Quote Originally Posted by Australopithecus View Post

How did you reach the conclusion that Baltigo is hidden by sand? It would be pretty cool to know more about this.

Have you ever watched the movie Castle in the Sky? It was a castle hidden by a thunderstorm that surrounds it
    I thought it had been stated in the manga, but after checking again, it wasn't.
    'Guess my mind was playing tricks on me, sorry.

Although the white sand that covers the island could be lifted by the wind up to form some sort of barrier.

And no, I've never watched Castle in the Sky. ^^

Quote Originally Posted by Hitotsumami View Post
    Unless you mean the sand hides the actual base of the revolutionaries, and that is possible! : )
    Yup, that's how I would see it.

+ Reply to Thread

Thread Information