+ Reply to Thread
Page 19 of 25 FirstFirst ... 9 17 18 19 20 21 ... LastLast

Thread: Chapter 807: 10 Days Ago

Default Re: Chapter 807: 10 Days Ago

An arc where Kaidou could be taken down
    It's too soon for Kaido to fall.
    Even in Wano country it seems too early,since he is one of ''final bosses'' of the story.When he is dealt personally we will be slowly arriving at the end of One piece.

Quote Originally Posted by KageKageKing View Post
    That mysterious girl is mostly likely Tristan.
    That's what I think, she looks like Tristan.

Quote Originally Posted by uniaka ikuzakas View Post
    It's not like they ever talk about stuff like that. Look at Dragon, never bother to let Luffy know he is his father, Luffy himself, did he tell the crew about Shanks and his brothers? Do they ever talk about past stuff, the crew, much?
    That's vastly different- Luffy talking or not talking about family relationships were not affecting his loyalty to the crew.

Talking about Sanji being in the Revs, and he's leaving due to Revs being called together... that affects his loyalty to Luffy & Crew.
    It means he's putting the Revs ahead of the crew.
    I don't see that happening.

Quote Originally Posted by gangonga View Post
    Even in Wano country it seems too early,since he is one of ''final bosses'' of the story.When he is dealt personally we will be slowly arriving at the end of One piece.
    I would tend to think the contrary ; in my opinion, he would be one of the first "big" bosses to fall, along with Big Mom.
    But things could go in any way possible.

Sanji I with the revolutionaries?

Where is that coming from? You'd think Robin would have been contacted and left before Sanji, knowing Dragon personally

One of the funnier theories yet. He's doing something, some spy stuff maybe. He can take care of himself he's a big boy, it's like when Luffy took off ahead of everybody and Usopp started screaming about it. What does Zoro say? I can't remember the exact words but he just accepted it.

Oh, the revolutionary theory is razor thin definitely. The only thing tying that together is his time in the Kamabakka Kingdom and the coincidence of the summons. At best, Sanji is involved in some way, but Sanji actually being a revolutionary himself? Uh-uh.

Just to play devil's advocate, based on what presumably transpired in that island, Sanji both was driven to madness and driven to be stronger (in that order). So perhaps in that timeframe, Ivankov gradually brainwashed Sanji into a sleeper cell revolutionary activated by a trigger word (or, dare I say, seeing the queen of hearts) disseminated in the latest news coo. This is why there were no hard feelings as he abandoned his crew as Dragon proceeded to enter the next phase of his master plan leaving little more than a note saying "I am needed elsewhere. The Will of D beckons". Sanji's mastery of cross-dressing will be key to the plan's success. Robin will follow suit, but her mission lies elsewhere.

Quote Originally Posted by Maju View Post
    yeah,but in this case,kinemon & co. are not just some samurais..they are the companion of the guy jack was looking for,and they all decided to meet on zou sealing their fate..so it's not like they don't have anything to do with the fact
    basically,it's the same as the strawhats feeling guilty because they forced doflamingo to feint his resignation,and that broke the tontatta's and all the rebels' spirit so much that they decided to go on a suicide war..it was not their intention,but they can't help but feeling responsible for it,and if the tontatta knew,they would at least be affected by the news
    I think there are to many things we don’t know. Brook seems to hint that all samourais are hated by the minks not just the trio. Also why does Momo stay away ? Is it only because of the minks treat samourai or is there older grudges between them. The fact that the samourais wanted to come to Zou in the first place has certainly also a role in all this. I wouldn’t be surprised if they was more than Raizou and Jack destruction behind this.

Quote Originally Posted by Kdom View Post
    Speaking of chapter 795 it clearly show that the difference between a good and a bad twist is mainly in the pleasure the reader gets from the revelation.Chapter 795 was very satisfactory on that aspect with all the hidden hints that make perfect sense when you learn they are on an elephant. The pace of the twist was also particulary clever. First you don’t know where they are, then the attentive readers understand they are on Zou and finally Oda reveal everything so that even young readers understand. Here there is no such thing. The twist is forced and artificial, the reader knows it is fake drama so there is no satisfaction in the end.
    Ohh! Same impressions here.

I think Kaido is going to become an ally after Luffy is done with him. Luffy is gonna beat him senseless and to the brink of death where Kaido finally realizes that he can die and is happy and thanks Luffy..then Chopper saves him or some shyt lol
    One Piece ,\/,,

Quote Originally Posted by Daz View Post
    I agree that a lot of stuff is being set up for Zou, but at 6 chapters into the arc, what I'm missing most is the indication of some kind of active conflict, or objective on the crews behalf. 5 chapters after arriving at Water 7 CP9 have whisked Robin away, Merry has a death sentence, and the franky family is doing shenanigans. In Skypea the crazy-aggro "terrorist" Wiper has been set up as well as "Gods punishment", and the crew has been labeled criminals. In Drum, Luffy is already on his way up the mountains and Wapol is re-invading etc. At Zou, the crew have already accomplished their objective of reuniting with their comrades, and Jack is not present. After spending the first chapter after arriving at Zou on more World Updates the arc is currently spending its time explaining the last two weeks of events on Zou, as well as some more events from Dressrosa (is this a record for fastest seguing into flashbacks in an arc?) - the current thrust of the narrative is to get everyone fully updated. Beyond that horizon, Zou is a completely blank slate, and that makes it hard for me to get invested; The main hook for readers is just getting more info - more "whats the minkpeoples beef with Wano and why did Jack want Raizou", less "we're gonna go to X and do Y" or "We're gonna look around and gradually let the islands mysteries unfold". Regarding the last part, I'll also personally argue that the Info is not given entirely organically, because a lot of it is being told to us in hefty chunks of dialogue...but I can see how showcasing Mink Culture is harder due to the circumstances. There are of course exceptions, like Carrot attacking Zoro, the eruption rain or Luffy wandering into whale forest, but I'll get back to that in a bit.

Currently I'm just waiting for a Zou plot to hook me, and in the meantime, theres not really any new character to instantly draw me in yet. The closest we have is Wanda, who has been saddled with the thankless job of looking serious, worried, being teary eyed, and being an exposition vector. Yes, she has a few cute dog-quirks, but her personality nor introduction isn't really setting my world on fire. To bring up an old old point, I just think more extended scenes with narrower focus could've gone a long way; By far my favourite Zou moment 'till now has been Ryunosuke, because quite a few pages were spent on his ascent and sacrifice. In comparison, the showcasing of the Guardians was quite minimal, with them only getting a few actual panels and fewer lines. The floating object and bananas were funny, but after that they almost literally vanish in a kinda clunkily presented transition.

Like I said, its not that things are bad or theres' no potential, quite the contrary; its kind of hard to articulate exactly what it is, but all i can say is that Odas current presentation and ordering ofevents isn't that gripping for me.
    Honestly this arc interests me because it's different. It's not the standard go somewhere, find/seek conflict, defeat enemy. This New World has seemed very formulaic, with a lot of similarities to Paradise with each new island.

Already going to an island where they're treated as saviors, given a feast?. Even the other strawhats point it out.

Things seem to be laid out, Jack will return, and their will still be a battle. In the mean time We get some more world building and a pretext towards a final showdown woth Kaidou.

Quote Originally Posted by Buggy D. Clown View Post
    I think Kaido is going to become an ally after Luffy is done with him. Luffy is gonna beat him senseless and to the brink of death where Kaido finally realizes that he can die and is happy and thanks Luffy..then Chopper saves him or some shyt lol
    Its hard for me to tell you this, but this is fanfic material at the best.

Check out my channel!!
    "Yeah I'm Awesome like that!!!"

Is Tristan the first furgirl? I don't know. The hair looks different.
    “As I stand out here in the wonders of the unknown at Hadley, I sort of realize there’s a fundamental truth to our nature: Man must explore!” – David Scott, Moon

I woke up thinking sunkist went with ceasar to begapanku for some reason

Quote Originally Posted by Buggy D. Clown View Post
    i highly doubt Luffy is in the league of someone like Kaido way too soon need to wait and see how much more Luffy develops in the story.

Jack's Mammoth theory being confirmed.

He's giving me the vibes of a monster of unparalleled strength.

Wow that was really lame. It's one thing to try and do a failed attempt at tension with Sanji but the way they got away from Big Mom as if she was just some regular villain that can be easily overcome....way to burst our hopes. They made one of the supposedly most fearrsome enemies look like a chump

Quote Originally Posted by Kdom View Post
    I think there are to many things we don’t know. Brook seems to hint that all samourais are hated by the minks not just the trio.
    How is that hinted at? It's plausible but the simplest answer is that the minks have an ill reaction towards the words "samurai" or "wano" being mentioned because a maniac just destroyed their entire nation and nearly killed them all while yelling "bring out that samurai from wano"

Wanda said just in the previous chapter that minks hate individual people for their actions and not entire groups for being different. Kin's possy presumably brought this destruction to Zou by choosing the place as their destination while being tailed by a murderous psycho.
    Not even Naruto resorted to time travel

Personally I think Kaido's fall will be half way in between FI and the last arc
    Chapter 437 Discussion after franky decides to join the Strawhats:
    So who think Usopp is inside that duffelbag?
    H x H Chimera Ant Arc / OP Manga Spoiler
    Spoiler:

Quote Originally Posted by Kurloz View Post
    How is that hinted at? It's plausible but the simplest answer is that the minks have an ill reaction towards the words "samurai" or "wano" being mentioned because a maniac just destroyed their entire nation and nearly killed them all while yelling "bring out that samurai from wano"

Wanda said just in the previous chapter that minks hate individual people for their actions and not entire groups for being different.
    Your 2 phrases contradict eachother

Quote Originally Posted by Saturnchild View Post
    Wow that was really lame. It's one thing to try and do a failed attempt at tension with Sanji but the way they got away from Big Mom as if she was just some regular villain that can be easily overcome....way to burst our hopes. They made one of the supposedly most fearrsome enemies look like a chump
    what were you expecting exactly?fog is fog for everyone..it doesn't matter how strong you are,and he counter attack was masterfully done and fast..also it's not like they did any serious damage to the ship

and if you are wondering why the guys on big mom's ship didn't defend againt that counter attack,the sheer size of the ship might have workd to their disadvantage there..the sunny is relatively small and easy to defend,big mom's enormous vessel is not

+ Reply to Thread

Thread Information