+ Reply to Thread
Page 3 of 17 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 13 ... LastLast

Thread: Filler-less anime

Default Re: Filler-less anime

Quote Originally Posted by Wilze D Wild View Post
    Good news everyone! Is what I want to say but it's not ALL good news sadly.

Thanks for the recommendation Shogunreaper, SMMV Splitter Business is a good program but it still didn't solve my size issue completely.

I joined the 2 base video files together (no cuts or opening added) and it gave me a solid file around 300 MBs. But as soon as I do ANY editing to it, it jumps up the file size back to 600+.

I have a full day of work ahead of me (not the fun kind) so I won't be back till later tonight but I'll mess around with it more then. But what does everyone think? If you're okay with larger sizes I'll keep uploading them but I could also maybe have a separate smaller one with no edits...unless I figure out how to fix it.

Also, it's crazy that that anime won't finish Dressrosa till sometime next year. But I think immediately doing a filler arc would be helpful. MAYBE the first few episodes of the next arc will actually be filler free.
    Thanks for your work. Regarding the size, I thought maybe you should do a 480p version as well? That should fix the size issue for now. That way there should be enough options: not combined episodes and combined in two resolutions.

And honestly, with the animation Toei is going right now, there's nothing really to look at in 720p.
    Last edited by Ruffi; November 21st, 2015 at 11:16 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by Ruffi View Post
    Thanks for your work. Regarding the size, I thought maybe you should do a 480p version as well? That should fix the size issue for now. That way there should be enough options: not combined episodes and combined in two resolutions.

And honestly, with the animation Toei is going right now, there's nothing really to look at in 720p.
    well unless you're watching in 480p resolution on a small screen its going to get upscalled a lot, and will look bad compared to 720p.

One Pace was always doing a 480p version as well, just in case. My monitor is pretty decent and I have no complains about 480p if no other options are available, plus there are still 720p versions. It will solve that size problem to an extent and some people actually can't handle HD for various reasons, so it's always a plus. And again, there's nothing to look at in 720p.
    Last edited by Ruffi; November 21st, 2015 at 05:14 PM.

or just chose better encoding settings to lower the filesize.

Whatever the case, 480p is an option.

added marineford episode 8 and 9
    Last edited by Shogunreaper; November 21st, 2015 at 04:01 PM.

Ruffi is right,the best way is to have combined/uncombined and the two resolutions.Although leaving everything 480 would be a better solution,720 dosen't add much right now anyway.

Thanks Parappa. Are these marineford ones following from where One Pace Sabody stopped?

Quote Originally Posted by alasta View Post
    Thanks Parappa. Are these marineford ones following from where One Pace Sabody stopped?
    no, one pace sabody ends with luffy punching the CD and shogunreaper's marineford starts with marineford.
    end of sabody, amazon lilly and impel down are missing.

Quote Originally Posted by alasta View Post
    na marineford is just the marineford arc

i'm going to finish sabaody and then do amazon lilly next. Might do impel down as well.

Right...How about doing Impel Down first?I mean,Amazon Lilly and the rest are bearable but Impel Down did feel dragged.It's your decision and I am in no position to make request but,you know :D
    And thanks for all your work until now,you really made Marineford action-packed,like it shpould be!

Best if you just continue where One Pace left off. Saobody and Amazon Lily won't take long to get finished. So Saobody-->Amazon Lily-->Impel Down-->Marineford.

Thanks for the advice everyone! I'll try to get 720 and 480 versions out in the next couple of days and keep them all in one comment like Shogunreaper.

Parappa, Shogunreaper, you two are awesome! What a speed! *_* Thank you so much! Muchas gracias!

Personally, for me the size of the episodes in 720 itīs not a problem. Even if right now the animation is not very good, I rather have at least the option of download it with good or "normla/bad" quality :)

Quote Originally Posted by Wilze D Wild View Post
    Thanks for the advice everyone! I'll try to get 720 and 480 versions out in the next couple of days and keep them all in one comment like Shogunreaper.
    Thatīs a wonderful idea! Thank you so much to you too Wilze D Wild!!

Quote Originally Posted by Shogunreaper View Post
    added marineford episode 8 and 9
    I don't want to sound too mean, because you are doing us all a favor with cutting these episodes, but episode 8: some of the cuts make no sense:
    - Luffy fell into the crater, next scene he is lying next to the crater
    - and basically everything after minute 19: luffy standing there, luffy running with a group of people, luffy lying on the ground with jinbei and ivankov, oars suddenly standing, kizaru starting to shoot, Luffy flying by.

fillerless cutting is fine and dandy, but the story progress needs to work as well. Some filler just needs to stay, so that individual scenes make sense together.

This is really great you guys, you're awesome!
    For some reason i can't download 690, anyone else have this problem?
    All the other episodes downloads just fine!

Quote Originally Posted by fuzi11 View Post
    I don't want to sound too mean, because you are doing us all a favor with cutting these episodes, but episode 8: some of the cuts make no sense:
    - and basically everything after minute 19: luffy standing there, luffy running with a group of people, luffy lying on the ground with jinbei and ivankov, oars suddenly standing, kizaru starting to shoot, Luffy flying by.

fillerless cutting is fine and dandy, but the story progress needs to work as well. Some filler just needs to stay, so that individual scenes make sense together.
    Yeah, I was saying that leaving some original material is necessary for better transitions and Shogunreaper's cuts are quite rough around corners, but everyone starts somewhere and improves eventually.

Quote Originally Posted by schnoopy View Post
    Checked it, yup, says there's an error.
    Last edited by Ruffi; November 24th, 2015 at 04:20 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by fuzi11 View Post

That's just how it happened in the manga, i mean technically we didn't even see luffy after the walls block him from going up. Ivan just sees him (we just see canon ball explosion in distance) and jinbei presumably pulls him out of the water. I see where i can edit to make it better though.

uploaded 8v2 with that part fixed

as for him falling in the crater, yeah its awkward. In the manga he just says "That was close I almost fell under the ice" That entire scene takes up over 30 seconds in the anime though.

fixed that in v3. Let me know how they look.
    Last edited by Shogunreaper; November 22nd, 2015 at 12:55 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by schnoopy View Post
    I'll re upload it now

One Piece FF 690 https://mega.nz/#!JQ91URpQ!XnW78CzbI...5fH6ibv2zzMxjA
    Last edited by parappa; November 22nd, 2015 at 10:41 AM.

+ Reply to Thread

Thread Information