+ Reply to Thread
Page 3 of 14 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 13 ... LastLast

Thread: 3 Mangapanda bootleggers arrested

Default Re: 3 Chinese guys arrested for uploading ONE PIECE chapters

Quote Originally Posted by shadyagent View Post
    Say that to the folks of the ONepiecepodcast
    The One Piece Podcast specifically don't read the early scanlations in fact they're pretty vocal about avoiding the spoilers when everybody else has read the early release. They even had a long article on their website about how scanlations ruin the experience of reading One Piece. They even have the English translator for One Piece as a regular guest. So I'm a bit confused by what your saying here.

of The One Piece Podcast Zach Logan's Avatar

An anon translated the TV screenshots: http://i.imgur.com/QCLOJT3.jpg
    What news station are these from and who got the images? I may include them in the article.

Say that to the folks of the ONepiecepodcast who are still reading scanlations (so they said on the podcast not all to long ago). Compared to them I actually stopped reading early scans and I'm glad I can say that I am not a hypocrite. Because I'm paying for WSJ I m glad that no official rips are yet available on the net on a grand scale. As an appreciator for digital content I m really mad at those people who are uploading all the digital viz volumes and it makes me furious that I m actually paying for the content and that is a lot every year
    Quote Originally Posted by AroNoah View Post
    The One Piece Podcast specifically don't read the early scanlations in fact they're pretty vocal about avoiding the spoilers when everybody else has read the early release. They even had a long article on their website about how scanlations ruin the experience of reading One Piece. They even have the English translator for One Piece as a regular guest. So I'm a bit confused by what your saying here.
    AroNoah is correct, we actually recently even ran an editorial with the opinions of myself and our editor-in-chief: http://onepiecepodcast.com/2015/10/1...ce-experience/

I can't speak for everyone, but we do not read early scans. We are all subscribed to VIZ's Weekly Shonen Jump and moved to their releases back when Alpha was released back in 2012. Since a legal alternative has existed, we've followed it.

Our first podcast episode with Weekly Shonen Jump Alpha: (1/23/2012) http://onepiecepodcast.com/blog/2012...power-of-love/
    Our first podcast episode with simultaneous Weekly Shonen Jump: (1/8/2013) http://onepiecepodcast.com/blog/2013...-simultaneous/
    Last edited by Zach Logan; November 13th, 2015 at 09:06 AM.
    Host and Founder
    The One Piece Podcast

The views expressed are solely my own.

Quote Originally Posted by AroNoah View Post
    Zach himself said on the podcast, that part of the staff of OPP is reading scans because they can't avoid and for the sake of the website they read them. Im well aware of the article.

Quote Originally Posted by Zach Logan View Post
    What news station are these from and who got the images? I may include them in the article.
    Quote Originally Posted by Zach Logan View Post

Ask Sandman, he posted the screenshot in the startpost and some anon took it and translated the subtitles

Zach himself said on the podcast, that part of the staff of OPP is reading scans because they can't avoid and for the sake of the website they read them. Im well aware of the article.
    Zach himself just said otherwise. In the post right before yours.
    To support Viz hosting all Jump manga for FREE and day of release, Arlong Park will now support the official release.
    https://www.viz.com/shonenjump

Official chapter discussions now start Sundays at Noon, EST.
    Please do not post threads when scan sites release their version, and just discuss those releases in the spoiler thread.

Quote Originally Posted by Robby View Post
    Zach himself just said otherwise. In the post right before yours.
    Within the last two 2 months there was podcast episode where they talked about that and the podcasters said, they are supporting the official release but they still read the early scanlations. I can look for that particular episode if I have to

Quote Originally Posted by omy785 View Post
    So they haven't been arrested for their translations?
    You have won everything there is to win

Good news.hopefully that means no more crappanda releases.though we wont get any more mangapanda abridged.
    Speakin for myself,i would buy a wsj sub if it was available.though i'm thinking of using vpn to subscribe
    that which cannot be stopped:inherited will,a man's dream,and the flow of time.as long as man continues to seek out the answer to freedom,these things shall never be stopped.-PK Gol D. Roger

Wow... Seriously ?
    Well I guess it had to happen one day.

I'm all for mangapanda shutting down but I hope they don't get punished too severely.

Say that to the folks of the ONepiecepodcast who are still reading scanlations (so they said on the podcast not all to long ago). Compared to them I actually stopped reading early scans and I'm glad I can say that I am not a hypocrite. Because I'm paying for WSJ I m glad that no official rips are yet available on the net on a grand scale. As an appreciator for digital content I m really mad at those people who are uploading all the digital viz volumes and it makes me furious that I m actually paying for the content and that is a lot every year
    If one supports the official release and doesn't help generate revenue for sites, what they do before/after is their own business. The dream would be of course, to have an official outlet offer the same service as the illegal sites, for a premium, without ads and most importantly, *first* thereby eliminating their relevancy, period.

As for waiting until the official release, it's something that you should be proud of. I think that the digital format is....well, print is where it's at for impact, because nothing beats racing to the store on a Monday morning to grab a fresh new Jump. It's amazing and if more people could experience it, they'd laugh at scanlation sites.

early scans will never be stopped :)

Quote Originally Posted by Martine View Post
    early scans will never be stopped :)
    Which is too bad. Some people are just too cheap and entitled.

Oh my days.. we really shouldn't be rejoicing over this. These guys at least kept us from going crazy while waiting. Bad Translations or not there tried 😭 RIP Mangapanda

Sent from my HTC D816w using Tapatalk

of The One Piece Podcast Zach Logan's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Angelos17 View Post
    Oh my days.. we really shouldn't be rejoicing over this. These guys at least kept us from going crazy while waiting. Bad Translations or not there tried  RIP Mangapanda

Sent from my HTC D816w using Tapatalk
    You do realize if it comes out Monday, you still would wait the same amount of days. Either way, it's a week between chapters.
    Host and Founder
    The One Piece Podcast

The views expressed are solely my own.

Quote Originally Posted by Wintermute View Post
    I love how they visualized the evil doings in this graphic, lol.
    I must admit I loved that bit very much. The Japanese ..Smh... so like that.. even in official news

Quote Originally Posted by King Cannon View Post
    Which is too bad. Some people are just too cheap and entitled.
    Indeed, that has been my whole experience with the anime/manga community. >.>

The early scans really need to stop. I have to avoid this section of the forum for so much of the week. I mean I don't post much, but I do like to read.

Quote Originally Posted by Envy View Post
    The early scans really need to stop.
    No. Seeing the Viz subscribers raging over the early scans is way too funny.

Quote Originally Posted by Martine View Post
    No. Seeing the Viz subscribers raging over the early scans is way too funny.
    That's not funny at all.

They pay for the official content. They're at least supporting it.
    Last edited by King Cannon; November 13th, 2015 at 10:35 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by King Cannon View Post
    That's not funny at all.

They pay for the official content. They're at least supporting it.
    first world problems (stop editing your post pls)

Internet is a problem for every publisher...but who am I to judge? Not feel guilty anyway since I can't buy Jump here. At least I collect all takabons...

+ Reply to Thread

Thread Information