+ Reply to Thread
Page 523 of 531 FirstFirst ... 23 423 473 513 521 522 523 524 525 ... LastLast
Results 10,441 to 10,460 of 10613

Thread: Greg: Teacher of SUPER " OP " course !

In the slums of heaven... I'm renting out a condo in hell though.

Default Re: Greg: Teacher of SUPER " OP " course !

I hope the mysteries of Enies Lobby (constant day time and huge bottomless hole) were due to a devil fruit user(s)n during some fight (marine vs pirate, something like that).
    Zik Of The 7 Swords: Vision? What do you know about my vision? My vision would turn your world upside down, tear asunder your illusions, and send the sanctuary of your own ignorance crashing down around you. Now ask yourself, Are you ready to see that vision?
    Last.fm

Ohara has a theory video where he suggests that the chunk of land at Enies Lobby was originally part of the "skull"'s other, missing eye from Upper Yard. I think it would make some sense that the sun-worshiping Shandora was originally in a place where the sun always shines, but that would have required Upper Yard to have been moved twice.

Quote Originally Posted by kaijukaijufruit View Post
    Ohara has a theory video where he suggests that the chunk of land at Enies Lobby was originally part of the "skull"'s other, missing eye from Upper Yard. I think it would make some sense that the sun-worshiping Shandora was originally in a place where the sun always shines, but that would have required Upper Yard to have been moved twice.
    That theory has been touched on a bit already.
    Zik Of The 7 Swords: Vision? What do you know about my vision? My vision would turn your world upside down, tear asunder your illusions, and send the sanctuary of your own ignorance crashing down around you. Now ask yourself, Are you ready to see that vision?
    Last.fm

User of the Gumdrop Rifle Rocko52's Avatar

Ooh reading past few pages reminds me how much I love this thread, come back to it every few months/years and find it delightful. Also reminded me how much I loved the little Onimaru tale back in Act 2 (I think). Idk why, but it was a pretty minor but focused bit I really enjoyed. I love that little fox warrior, and will be happy to see whatever pages or panels Oda will have for him in the epilogue.

I have reread act 2, it gets too much hate. Don't get me wrong, the amnesia was trash and the act wasn't strawhat centred either, but I still think the good aspects clearly dominate the bad aspects.

Besides that, I still have no idea what purpose Zoro's bloodline has and why it has been introduced so late when Wano is -presumably- about to end.

Greg seems to have confirmed that it is more complicated...

....and why his family name is Roronoa? Why hiding his Shimotsuki heritage in the East Blue? Where will this plotline lead to exactly?

Imma laugh if it's revealed Zoro was raised by the ancestor of Ryuma's enemy Cyrano from Monsters or something. Would be fitting in some ways, as both Zoro and Cyrano's namesakes are both French.

Not saying I believe this to be the case, but would be funny and not at all out of place.

Maybe something related to the Kurozumis? That would be crazy, but I am not sure about that I have to admit.

Monsters isn't 100% canon of course, only partly recycled and I don't trust the magazine stating that Ryuma lived 400 years ago: the "Land of Gold" stuff, the World Nobles attacking the Kozukis with a dragon: all that sounds "800 years ago" to me.

Hard to call Cyrano one of Ryuma's enemies when he was so easily defeated.
    Last.fm

Quote Originally Posted by flandrian15 View Post
    Of course this is only speculation but I always found Enies Lobby and the Tarai current to be suspicious. I mean, here's a place which is basically a giant hole in the ocean that is so deep that the bottom can not be seen and it is always daytime there somehow. The hole itself is definitely island size seeing there's an island floating above it. Enies Lobby is also coincidentally located near a place that is a government stronghold that is very well protected and is next to the Tarai Current that only the marines can actually use. Making the place literally to most guarded and protected place in the OPverse. Where does this current come from? How was it created? The WG found a way to use the current by placing these gigantic gates of justice that temporarily stop the current pushing ships away. In any case, even for the Grand Line, this is a very strange phenomenon and, if I'm not mistaken, we never had any explanation so my guess is that The giant hole in Enies Lobby and the Tarai Current will become very important in the near future.

Could an island being sank 700 years ago perhaps create some kind of strange infinite current in the sea?
    I think what we’re both forgetting is that something about the name of the kingdom being known to people is dangerous. Would people knowing it has some connection to Enies Lobby, Wano, a sky island, or the moon

Would have to be something people know right?

Greg do you still have total faith that the momotaro, monkey, dog and pheasant team up will still happen even after Momo and Yamato went off to do there own thing and said they’d leave the fight to Luffy?

Quote Originally Posted by Shiebs View Post
    Greg do you still have total faith that the momotaro, monkey, dog and pheasant team up will still happen even after Momo and Yamato went off to do there own thing and said they’d leave the fight to Luffy?
    What's happening at this moment (minus pheasant) is exactly what I imagined...so far.

All of them in the same general location working toward a single Kaido-related goal. Thus far, Yamato/Oden has more than done his physical fair share. The big question is, will Momo get his shot? Since he (supposedly) looks like Oden, I think it's a given. The sight of losing to someone who looks like Oden would be sweet. But is it gonna happen? Hmmm! Not sure! But! I think if Luffy winds up pleased with Momo's actions, he'll either let him get the shot ****or***** Momo will grow a pair, take his shot, save Luffy, and Luffy will respect the hell outta him *shishishi* and finish the job.

I never imagined all four doing a simultaneous attack. Just working toward the same goal in the same place.

Given that King's race is so significant it's really weird that Zoro will take him down in the next couple of chapters.

Anyway, King's DF ability (+ his fire) resembles a western dragon type, so if you wish Zoro to defeat or even slay a (western) dragon at the Capital like Ryuma, here you go.

What does race have to do with whether or not Zoro KO's someone?

Ideally I hope he takes to the skies and they wind up on Fujiyama. But seems like the time for that may have passed...

Quote Originally Posted by Greg View Post
    What does race have to do with whether or not Zoro KO's someone?

Ideally I hope he takes to the skies and they wind up on Fujiyama. But seems like the time for that may have passed...
    It depends, if the Lunarians only play a role in the Void Century flashback or so and not in present time, then it won't matter what happens to King soon, unless the Straw Hats will meet other Lunarians.

I have no idea if this is significant, but Kuri has its own Fujiyama as well, we see it at the very beginning of Wano, near the beach. I agree, I hope Fujiyama isn't just there for fun.

Quote Originally Posted by Scabbard Avenger View Post
    I have no idea if this is significant, but Kuri has its own Fujiyama as well, we see it at the very beginning of Wano, near the beach. I agree, I hope Fujiyama isn't just there for fun.
    I thought it was the one and only Mount Fuji all along, as it should be visible even from Kuri's beach.
    Quote Originally Posted by rayleigh92 View Post
    Carrot sneaked on the Sunny when they left Zou, not asking or requesting anyone. IF Carrot is going to join, I expect something like that, with the crew ready to leave Wano, all of them beginning to party for new nakama Yamato and then "wha-t?! Carrot is near Luffy

Greg, it seems that Oda does not want to draw team battle whereas it seems it would be popular with us readers from what i could read.
    Do you know why he keep the 1vs 1 formula ?

Given that King's race is so significant it's really weird that Zoro will take him down in the next couple of chapters.

Anyway, King's DF ability (+ his fire) resembles a western dragon type, so if you wish Zoro to defeat or even slay a (western) dragon at the Capital like Ryuma, here you go.
    Assuming King is just an introduction to a bigger picture as I think he is, it really doesn't matter if he's defeated as early as in the next chapter. It's not King himself that needs to be important.

Its not like Zoro is gonna kill King.

Besides doubtful King is the last Lunarian. Otherwise I think Oda would've promoter him as the last of his race. At least how Robin is labeled the last surviving Oharan.
    Last.fm

Quote Originally Posted by Greg View Post
    What's happening at this moment (minus pheasant) is exactly what I imagined...so far.

All of them in the same general location working toward a single Kaido-related goal. Thus far, Yamato/Oden has more than done his physical fair share. The big question is, will Momo get his shot? Since he (supposedly) looks like Oden, I think it's a given. The sight of losing to someone who looks like Oden would be sweet. But is it gonna happen? Hmmm! Not sure! But! I think if Luffy winds up pleased with Momo's actions, he'll either let him get the shot ****or***** Momo will grow a pair, take his shot, save Luffy, and Luffy will respect the hell outta him *shishishi* and finish the job.

I never imagined all four doing a simultaneous attack. Just working toward the same goal in the same place.
    Thank you for the response Greg!

Also a really random question, do you ever think we’ll get to see that lightning island that Urouge went to and that the straw hats would have gone to if they didn’t get that call from Punk Hazard

Also are Lunarians that King is member of the same as the other winged people? I mean they did come from the moon, but I also don’t remember them creating fire

What you see in the start of the arc isn't a different Fujiyama.

That's Fujiyama.

This is an island and they get from place to place rather quickly.

Yes, Fujiyama is that big. Even in real Japan you can see Fuji from an absolutely absurd distance.

I'd tell you it can be glimpsed all the way from Shiga but I don't think that would mean anything to someone not up on JP geography.

+ Reply to Thread

Thread Information