+ Reply to Thread
Page 522 of 525 FirstFirst ... 22 422 472 512 520 521 522 523 524 ... LastLast
Results 10,421 to 10,440 of 10485

Thread: Greg: Teacher of SUPER " OP " course !

Default Re: Greg: Teacher of SUPER " OP " course !

Quote Originally Posted by sggupta View Post
    And considering that Wano is basically Edo-era Japan, having a female shogun would appear to be practically impossible.
    If we take real-world Edo-era Japan into account, that is true. However, are there actually some examples of women being discrimated in Wano solely within the text of the manga?

For example Kiku. Is there any situation where she actually gets discrimated solely due to her sex and gender? Because I just cannot remember anything like this. Seriously, I just cannot remember any actual gender discrimation shown in Wano at all. For all we know, regarding gender, Wano could be the ultimate paradise where everyone accepts anyone's sex and gender without any objections or questioning at all.
    Forum user Bartholemew Bear passed away in a very moving and touching way. I, ARTEMlS, therefore carry on the Will of DArth for good unto its final fulfilment.

168:The Angel and The Devil

Was a really nice read, loved this one.
    I'm glad Oda didn't forget about Robin's past and her dark side. Sure, she might have found friends but that doesn't change the fact that she was forced to kill people and do other shady stuff for 20 years.
    I just don't know if I agree on the part saying Robin is using Haki (or is it confirmed?) and that her demon form is made out of multiple smaller limbs fusing into gigant limbs.
    I thought it was very obvious that both Gigante Fleur and Demonio Fleur are big copies of her natural body parts and not made out of multiple smaller limbs.
    Robin says a number like "mil" or "cien" fleur with literally every other attack, like "mil fleur" giganteum or "cien fleur" delphinium but she doesn't say a number like mil with Demonio or Gigante. In fact, they take the place of the number, becoming "Demonio fleur". Those two are the only exception so I was pretty sure Robin was creating one big copy of her upper body with big copies of her arms next to it. Am I wrong here?
    When Black Maria slashed her big arm, Robin's real arm also only suffered one injury but if it was made out of multiple small ones, shouldn't her real body suffer more than one injury because mutiple copies of her hand got slashed? Also how do you get a gigant head by fusing small heads? Or completely different eyes, horns, fangs?
    I think it's just like Robin said in 1005: the devil inside of her came out, like a persona but I'm not sure either. I hope Oda explains this one eventually.

Given the strange hashmarks on her body as the 'pure' giant, it seems evident that she's still making the body from limbs/bits.

Making an absolute giant copy seems like an entirely different fruit which doesn't seem likely unless her fruit has gone full Law in terms of vague powers.

As for why it may not have a number *if* that is the case, I'd bet almost anything Oda didn't wantt to bother setting up an extensively long number. That's not to say whenever she unleashes her ultimate move in the series, he won't be more than willing to utilize an absurd figure at that time.

Aren't the hashmarks just there so OP isn't 18+?
    I mean her big head looks like a normal head and I would say making a big head out of small ones is the hardest one to pull off, yet her face and head look perfectly normal.
    No abnormalities like hashmarks there heh.

Well, Robin's fruit is vage. The name of her fruit just implies she can bloom something but it doesn't even say anything about body parts.
    Also Robin fusing limbs (not just making them sproud next to each other and stacking them up) seems more like a new fruit than big clones of them. Also Black Maria saying it takes a lot out of her also implies the latter.
    Robin never seemed to use up much energy whenever using mil fleur attacks but since this one might be a pure, big clone it takes a lot out of her.

Why would Oda bother giving a number with every other attack but all of a sudden he is like "I won't bother this time". I mean he did bother just a page before demonio, making Robin say mil fleur gyojin karate.
    And like I said the word Demnio replaced the number or else there would be 2 fleur in her attack name.
    For example "mil fleur demonio fleur". That sounds off.

What some forgot is there's always a graphic synthesis layer over storytelling. Pretty sure that's a giant Robin made of limbs/bodies and both her eye moving and glaring and mouth speaking is clearly a way to synthetize her. It's clearly more reader-friendly and narratively menacing to see one big eye instead of really lot of them fused together or voice coming from the giant body instead of the main one (and even that can be she reproduced a lot of lunges into the giant). Also it's just more obvious to draw a scratch on her arm "just like the giant" instead of focusing a panel on how Black Maria actually cut a lot of limbs in half and then looking ad Robin literally having her arm fall on the ground. I mean, pretty gore.
    Quote Originally Posted by rayleigh92 View Post
    Carrot sneaked on the Sunny when they left Zou, not asking or requesting anyone. IF Carrot is going to join, I expect something like that, with the crew ready to leave Wano, all of them beginning to party for new nakama Yamato and then "wha-t?! Carrot is near Luffy

Aren't the hashmarks just there so OP isn't 18+?
    No.

Also Robin fusing limbs (not just making them sproud next to each other and stacking them up) seems more like a new fruit than big clones of them
    ? I'm not suggesting they're actually fusing on a molecular level. I mean they're sprouting next to each other.

And yes to everything by Rayleigh.
    Last edited by Greg; September 17th, 2021 at 08:54 AM.

I always saw it as Robin conjuring giant limbs, with more complex stuff encompassing a mix. But I could see how it may be otherwise, with a dash of "don't think about it too much, because practical reasons" thrown in.

Oda's evolution of drawing them in somewhat detail to the eventual, "Yeah f*** it, you get the point." is pretty straightforward. For years he slowly tapered off drawing in detail and now rarely does either bumpy stuff close-up or otherwise.

Essentially it boils down to what Rayleigh suggested. He's not crazy about portraying a grotesque Robin and this saves him time so it's two birds with one stone.

As for the 1:1 scale clone, it seems very likely that's a legit clone.

Quote Originally Posted by Greg View Post

? I'm not suggesting they're actually fusing on a molecular level. I mean they're sprouting next to each other.
    I see. I thought it wouldn't make much sense to get a big head by sprouting small ones next to each other but I think I'm looking too much into it. It's probably not that deep and Oda just didn't want her to look creepy. That's cool.
    Either way I'm happy with what Oda did with Robin here. I'm just glad she got a cool moment after such a long time. Hopefully it won't stop here and Oda will continue to show us both sides of Robin, the angel and the devil.

Quote Originally Posted by _X_ View Post
    I see. I thought it wouldn't make much sense to get a big head by sprouting small ones next to each other but I think I'm looking too much into it. It's probably not that deep and Oda just didn't want her to look creepy. That's cool.
    Either way I'm happy with what Oda did with Robin here. I'm just glad she got a cool moment after such a long time. Hopefully it won't stop here and Oda will continue to show us both sides of Robin, the angel and the devil.
    More like sprouting little eyes to make an eye, little lips to make the lips, etc, and all of it oriented to appear like the actual object (so all of the eyes that make up the white of her eyes have the black part pointed inward so only the white is visible.)
    Check out my podcast for conversations about Greatness in anime, sports, music, and whatever else we can think of.
    mtgoatmore.buzzsprout.com

You see giant bodies made of smaller bodies in stuff like Gantz or the Souls games and its freaking gross and disturbing looking. It gets eldritch horror very quickly.

Of course Oda's going to downplay that... but we've seen plenty of times that she is combining a bunch of smaller limbs to make the bigger ones.

We've also seen concept sketches where, for instance, Robin's face is coming out of CHopper's hat, and Oda wisely chooses to NOT do that because its freaky.
    To support Viz hosting all Jump manga for FREE and day of release, Arlong Park will now support the official release.
    https://www.viz.com/shonenjump

Official chapter discussions now start Sundays at Noon, EST.
    Please do not post threads when scan sites release their version, and just discuss those releases in the spoiler thread.

Last edited by Zack; September 17th, 2021 at 06:54 PM.

Video unavailable.

Quote Originally Posted by Greg View Post
    Video unavailable.
    Huh. Must be a regional thing. Uploaded the same scene from a different video.

So, Greg, in your latest column you alluded about connection of davil fruit and ancient races which some of us here are also suspecting since King's race was revealed.Add to it Vegapunk's theory of linage factor and the link grows stronger.Do you have a concrete theory of the origin?
    “When I despair, I remember that all through history the way of truth and love have always won. There have been tyrants and murderers, and for a time, they can seem invincible, but in the end, they always fall. Think of it--always.”

Michiyuki in Japanese theatre, i.e. the journey of a man and a woman to a certain destination, sometimes to commit suicide together, a quite popular concept.

I wonder if Oda plans such a Michiyuki scene for Zoro and Hiyori.

thinking about the ancient kingdom do we think it is in the sky? Would make sense with King’s connection and we know we will get more sky people related lore in the next saga. I’ve also heard tales about Wano being ancient kingdom and that being the reason Kaido wanted to be there. Anyone have any really good ancient kingdom theories?

Quote Originally Posted by Thatfruitydude View Post
    thinking about the ancient kingdom do we think it is in the sky? Would make sense with King’s connection and we know we will get more sky people related lore in the next saga. I’ve also heard tales about Wano being ancient kingdom and that being the reason Kaido wanted to be there. Anyone have any really good ancient kingdom theories?
    Of course this is only speculation but I always found Enies Lobby and the Tarai current to be suspicious. I mean, here's a place which is basically a giant hole in the ocean that is so deep that the bottom can not be seen and it is always daytime there somehow. The hole itself is definitely island size seeing there's an island floating above it. Enies Lobby is also coincidentally located near a place that is a government stronghold that is very well protected and is next to the Tarai Current that only the marines can actually use. Making the place literally to most guarded and protected place in the OPverse. Where does this current come from? How was it created? The WG found a way to use the current by placing these gigantic gates of justice that temporarily stop the current pushing ships away. In any case, even for the Grand Line, this is a very strange phenomenon and, if I'm not mistaken, we never had any explanation so my guess is that The giant hole in Enies Lobby and the Tarai Current will become very important in the near future.

Could an island being sank 700 years ago perhaps create some kind of strange infinite current in the sea?
    Last edited by flandrian15; September 21st, 2021 at 05:36 AM.
    Remember, remember, the 5th of November

Preface: This is 110% head-canon.

I like to think the water flowing into the gap in Enies Lobby is what shoots out of the W7 fountain.

I get the feeling that was Oda's original escape plan for the Strawhats but he picked something slightly more grounded for the separation with Merry.

I dunno, there is the fact that there is never night over there.
    3DS FC: 0516-7666-3837
    SW-4128-8032-0729

+ Reply to Thread

Thread Information