+ Reply to Thread
Page 519 of 531 FirstFirst ... 19 419 469 509 517 518 519 520 521 529 ... LastLast
Results 10,361 to 10,380 of 10615

Thread: Greg: Teacher of SUPER " OP " course !

Default Re: Greg: Teacher of SUPER " OP " course !

Would've been easier to name them after their hair colors, Akaji, Aoji, etc.
    Colors? Easier than numbers? And don't fit the Sanji-naming? Which would make even less sense bc Sanji's name isn't a color?

I...what???? How in the hell is this hard?????
    How do fans have idetic memory for SBS random garbage but can't figure this out?!?!?

Ichi means 1. If you watch anime and don't know that, I dunno what to say.
    Ichiji has *1* forelock.
    He wears sunglasses.
    He wears red bc the leader in pretty much every classic tokusatsu series Oda ever pulled from is red.
    Luffy's image is also red.

Ni means two. If you watch anime and do not know this, woof.
    He also wears sunglasses. Perhaps easy to confuse if not for....
    He has *TWO* antennae, one stemming from each ear guard, that make him look like a devil.
    Two has two 'horns'.
    He's blue.

Sanji is three. If you've been reading the series this far...I dunno!

This leaves one brother and there are only four.
    He doesn't wear sunglasses.

Is anything there difficult to recall?

There are multiple visual and numeric cues that require *zero* thought.

And they even check out if color is absent/forgotten!

Forgot what color Niji is? Well it ain't red. And everybody likes to shit on winch green and you know the one without sunglasses is green.

It seems less like people can't remember and more like they actively do not want to remember. With the above info in mind, one actually has to put more effort into forgetting who they are, than remembering.

Joy Boy,
    Oda never promised to explore that aspect so he can't drop a ball he never picked up.
    And Kaido being the strongest creature is just in reference to his dragon ability.
    Last edited by Greg; August 27th, 2021 at 09:10 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by Greg View Post

Joy Boy,
    Oda never promised to explore that aspect so he can't drop a ball he never picked up.
    And Kaido being the strongest creature is just in reference to his dragon ability.
    Really ? Given how he looks like and Mom calling him a thing, I always thought we were gonna get something.

Always thought him being a Oni or something is the reason he is the strongest creature instead of man

Again regarding Who's Who: if you closely at the silhouette of the PH guy you can see his weirdly pointed and curved tip of the "nose". This looks exactly like Who's Who's mask.

Quote Originally Posted by wolfwood View Post
    So has the anime stopped being crap while i looked away for a scant decade or so?
    It put new people in charge at the start of Wano so the animation quality jumped a ton, and in small doses they have bouts of *really* good stuff. Once in a while they have some top talent episode directors putting out almost movie quality for the entire episode.

But week to week overall it still suffers the same pacing issues that come from making 1 chapter=1 episode, and obviously not every episode gets that super top notch team.

But every 4 or 5 months the community will collectively go "OMGH, this episode was like a movie! Its super duper good! Can you believe how super high quality this is for a weekly?" but they'll then ignore that its pretty mediocre again the next week.

The Oden flashback was pretty solid overall because that was ripe for expansion. Doing less well with the raid. Yams is supposed to premiere in a couple episodes and they have one of the good teams on that episode, so we'll see.

(My personal take is, this is THE big franchise and it should have that quality as its standard, not as the occasional exception. I know thats impossible for a weekly but its the kind of franchise that should have episodes finished months in advance. Ditto with stuff like Sailor Moon or Dragonball. I know the bottom line is important, but there are *some* shows you know will do well and are worth investing in.)
    Last edited by Robby; August 27th, 2021 at 10:59 AM.
    To support Viz hosting all Jump manga for FREE and day of release, Arlong Park will now support the official release.
    https://www.viz.com/shonenjump

Official chapter discussions now start Sundays at Noon, EST.
    Please do not post threads when scan sites release their version, and just discuss those releases in the spoiler thread.

Quote Originally Posted by black-leg jex View Post
    I'm surprised people have trouble with the Vinsmokes. I guess if your a manga-only reader maybe it is hard to tell the difference between Ichiji and Niji but Yonji looks different enough that he's easy to remember.
    I don't even think Ichiji and Niji look all that much alike. Niji stands out because he's always smiling and Ichiji does because it's the opposite. Yonji looks like Zoro as much as he does Sanji and also happens to have green hair.
    Check out my podcast for conversations about Greatness in anime, sports, music, and whatever else we can think of.
    mtgoatmore.buzzsprout.com

I look at the seasonal anime and see some similar issues that I see in OP. If seasonal is so great, they can't afford to show similar mistakes. It's obviously less often because most seasonal anime don't have to produce 40+ episodes a year. Since this is the case, until I see more close to flawless seasonal anime, the "OP should be seasonal" comments that I see on Twitter don't hold any weight.

As far as pacing, don't they use like 2 different chapters every episode? I get that it's not whole chapters, but why should they risk closing the 30+ chapter gap that they have sustain for so long? I hear more complaints about that than the horrendous and drawn out pausing they like to do in the anime. That is unforgivable. Pacing is clearly an issue. They would adapt like 6 pages from 2 different chapters and drag it out. I've don't take issue with that as much as those pause moments where characters are just suspended in time for no reason.

Kinda similar to when Oda suspended the rest of the events in the story to focus on Yonko vs Supernova fanservice for 2 and 3/4 chapters.

Quote Originally Posted by Cockycent View Post
    Kinda similar to when Oda suspended the rest of the events in the story to focus on Yonko vs Supernova fanservice for 2 and 3/4 chapters.
    Man, that's a weird complaint. Not only was that fight THE story, it facilitated half of the things that are going on now in the continuing story, or at least that's how I see it. Help me understand why you think the fight that happened was inconsequential to why the Straw Hats, Kid Pirates, and Heart Pirates are on Wano at all?
    Check out my podcast for conversations about Greatness in anime, sports, music, and whatever else we can think of.

Quote Originally Posted by andre View Post
    Man, that's a weird complaint. Not only was that fight THE story, it facilitated half of the things that are going on now in the continuing story, or at least that's how I see it. Help me understand why you think the fight that happened was inconsequential to why the Straw Hats, Kid Pirates, and Heart Pirates are on Wano at all?
    I don't see anything that justifies suspending the rest of the battle. Oda could have easily shown other events as that fight happened and he didn't. It's not about the fight happening. It's how it affects the rest of the events. It doesn't require the almost 3 chapters of everything else going silent.

Quote Originally Posted by Cockycent View Post
    I don't see anything that justifies suspending the rest of the battle. Oda could have easily shown other events as that fight happened and he didn't. It's not about the fight happening. It's how it affects the rest of the events. It doesn't require the almost 3 chapters of everything else going silent.
    I would argue that the magnitude of the event justifies it. This is the reformation of the Rocks Pirates fighting our protagonist, his most elite fighter, and three of his greatest rivals and doing so specifically for the stakes of being the Pirate King (among other things). It's the moment everything has been leading up to since the end of Fishman Island.

Really ? Given how he looks like and Mom calling him a thing, I always thought we were gonna get something.

Always thought him being a Oni or something is the reason he is the strongest creature instead of man
    He seems to carry the blood of whatever Oars was so the real question remains to be, what and how did Oars come to be? Was he a freak success in a race to create a bio-weapon that the world hasn't been able to reproduce since?

Quote Originally Posted by andre View Post
    I would argue that the magnitude of the event justifies it. This is the reformation of the Rocks Pirates fighting our protagonist, his most elite fighter, and three of his greatest rivals and doing so specifically for the stakes of being the Pirate King (among other things). It's the moment everything has been leading up to since the end of Fishman Island.
    If it was the last fight as I knew it wasn't back then, I would be on board. It wasn't. What's currently coming is part of the final encounters. That justifies suspending other events that are also in their final stages. Kata and Lucci vs Luffy never did this.

This was a preview of how each side fare against each other and cool moves. A preview does not justify the cancelling out other events to me. I expect the Supernova to show more formidable attacks in the coming events that show they had more.

It is very interesting to know that very often in historical Kabuki plays (jidaimono, i.e. based on feudal Japan and Samurai just like Wano) at the end of the 3rd act there is a tragic self-sacrifice, e.g. by a retainer.

This would be a fitting moment for the Scabbards to die in a heroic way.

Hey, Greg! Now that Onimaru is getting a Vivre card, we might finally find out if he has a devil fruit like you speculated before.

Speaking of anime and its animation, personally I'm completely put off by all the lightshow during action scenes. Forcefields and sparks flying everywhere, every conceivable color. It started to get obnoxious when Luffy and Chinjao engaged into what looked like a kamehame clash. Let's say it's overproduced.

I know Oda adds visual effects for clashes. But the thing is, he has to do it, due to nature of the medium. Animation doesn't need such things to work. You can show movements, add sounds, emulate shockwaves with animation. Of course, yes, plastering red fireworks over a screen is much easier, but I feel like original episodes did a lot more with a lot less in comparison.
    Quote Originally Posted by Outerspec View Post
    Trying to understand Bleach is like trying to drink a bottle of bleach.

It makes no sense and you'll be dead before you're finished.

Quote Originally Posted by Razh View Post
    Speaking of anime and its animation, personally I'm completely put off by all the lightshow during action scenes. Forcefields and sparks flying everywhere, every conceivable color. It started to get obnoxious when Luffy and Chinjao engaged into what looked like a kamehame clash. Let's say it's overproduced.

I know Oda adds visual effects for clashes. But the thing is, he has to do it, due to nature of the medium. Animation doesn't need such things to work. You can show movements, add sounds, emulate shockwaves with animation. Of course, yes, plastering red fireworks over a screen is much easier, but I feel like original episodes did a lot more with a lot less in comparison.
    The auras and laserbeams have definitely be excessive in Wano. It's not going to be quite as special when the big CoC clash between Luffy and Kaido puts on a lightshow in the anime because so many of the fights leading up to it will have as well.

On the flip side, I actually really liked the crazy neon lights flashing over those first scenes of the party inside the dome. I'd always pictured the manga version with more mundane lighting, so it would have been a unique angle for the anime to play out the Performance Floor fights in an actual rave with different colours strobing and spotlights flying everywhere. There was a lot of potential there to make a bunch of scenes stand out in a way only the anime could. But the show just kinda stops between episodes. I could have understood someone turning the normal lights back on in response to Luffy starting a fight, but it really just kinda stops on its own. Definitely a missed opportunity for the anime to play to its strengths.

The infamous syrup aura that they put on Zoro when he fought Killer? I hate it.

Luffy and Hyo's effects aren't offensive, but the Zoro's purple aura has to stop.

On the other hand, Oda is definitely spilling a few secrets to Toei. These 2 give me CoC vibes. The Wano one is completely filler too. They didn't have to do that, but they did anyway.

Hey, Greg! Now that Onimaru is getting a Vivre card, we might finally find out if he has a devil fruit like you speculated before.
    [gif]guy giving knowing but also carefree thumbs up[/gif]

Well Kishido, both Luffy and Sanji likely share Lunarian blood in their ancestry.

The siblings are cyborgs, which explains suit and non-suit abilities.

Sanji's strengths that we've seen him gain, are ones that he awakened on his own. What say you?

Are Lunarian's different from the other winged races from OP? I don't think any of the other ones we saw could use fire, but they also did come from the moon

Quote Originally Posted by Greg View Post
    Well Kishido, both Luffy and Sanji likely share Lunarian blood in their ancestry.

The siblings are cyborgs, which explains suit and non-suit abilities.

Sanji's strengths that we've seen him gain, are ones that he awakened on his own. What say you?
    That seems to imply that the Lunarians are the ancestors of the World Nobles and the D or that Sora is an ancestor of the D.

+ Reply to Thread

Thread Information