+ Reply to Thread
Page 518 of 531 FirstFirst ... 18 418 468 508 516 517 518 519 520 528 ... LastLast
Results 10,341 to 10,360 of 10614

Thread: Greg: Teacher of SUPER " OP " course !

Default Re: Greg: Teacher of SUPER " OP " course !

Quote Originally Posted by Monquito View Post
    To this day, people still google the names of Sanji's brothers, to get them correctly.

That's just how (non)interesting they always gon be.
    One, Two, Three, Four, with a "ji" at the end.

Ich, Ni, San, Yon.

Ichiji, Niji, Sanji, Yonji.

Not a single Japanese reader has a problem with this.

Heck, my japanese is awful but I have no problem with this.

Now, I personally couldn't tell you which one is which, but that's because I don't care.

Their naming amuses me extra so because I did the same gag in Ninja High School YEARS before Oda. I beat him to it for once. Though I took it to its most absurd extreme by having the character be the *tenth* child.
    To support Viz hosting all Jump manga for FREE and day of release, Arlong Park will now support the official release.
    https://www.viz.com/shonenjump

Official chapter discussions now start Sundays at Noon, EST.
    Please do not post threads when scan sites release their version, and just discuss those releases in the spoiler thread.

Yeah, uh.. that's the point I made, they're names arent hard to learn, they're just boring.

GreenHairJi always struck me like Oda didnt even try with the hair style.

Quote Originally Posted by Monquito View Post
    To this day, people still google the names of Sanji's brothers, to get them correctly.

That's just how (non)interesting they always gon be.
    I feel like you might have been told this before, but your opinions and experiences are not universal and can't be assumed to represent the whole fanbase. I've never heard of anyone else having this problem, especially with how easy the number theme makes it.

I like them and I like all of their designs and powers for what they are: Sanji's arrogant brothers. Ichiji is peak arrogance, the stoic kind. Niji is the fast, quick-witted, and outwardly arrogant one, and Yonji is kind of a dunce and probably the most sadistic of them as well. Niji and Ichiji both have prettycool powers, with the spark being the most interesting (and mysterious) fire ability we have in the series and Niji's electricity standing out next to Big Mom and Eneru since it's focused purely on speed. I don't know what the hell Oda was thinking with Winch Green though, lmao.
    Check out my podcast for conversations about Greatness in anime, sports, music, and whatever else we can think of.
    mtgoatmore.buzzsprout.com

Wait...ppl can remember superfluous Bleach names but not *literally* ichi, ni, san, yon?

Can't people count to three or four in many languages just by being part of society?

Red is 1st (same as Luffy) which is followed by blue. If you remember that much, you know who each is.

There are some garbage names in manga that are tough to remember, but I never thought 1, 2, 3, 4 and red being a leader (like power rangers) would be a head-scratcher.

I honestly can't tell which is which

That is baffling.
    Red is first like every ranger series ever.
    Followed by blue.
    Done.
    Everyone knows Sanji is 3 which makes green 4.

It would probably help if they were in color so i could huey, dewey and louie them at least

Manga-only? Understandable. Yonji left a major impression on me in the debut and Niji's head was devil-like (two horns for 2) which made that distinction easy.

I think it was a conscious effort to take the humanity of the older two away with shades to make them more intimidating. Aka Mingo treatment.

I know this has nothing to do with Sanji and his siblings, but Greg, do you know whether Who's Who had been introduced already before the raid?

I am 98% sure that the guy from the Punk Hazard arc was -at least- an early concept of him (i.e. the person who orders a Beasts Pirates member to inform Jack).

Greg, do you think weakling trio not getting a proper fight they won ( Ulti's "defeat" has a much value as Nami zapping Absalom after Sanji wrecked him) in Wano unlike the other straw hats is Oda telling us they are outpaced?

I saw your tweet about Tama being the pheasant Greg, but how about this?
    Momonosuke is the pheasant! And the reason why is because of the kozuki emblem. Then who is Momotaro? Why not the kibidango girl herself, Tama!

Desire's Bland Moon puffing.cinema's Avatar

Gotta love how Solid and Deicide stand by what they want to see. Not making fun of it, genuine smile after reading a post like this!

Quote Originally Posted by Solid View Post
    I saw your tweet about Tama being the pheasant Greg, but how about this?
    Momonosuke is the pheasant! And the reason why is because of the kozuki emblem. Then who is Momotaro? Why not the kibidango girl herself, Tama!
    No more Tama pls.

Quote Originally Posted by puffing.cinema View Post
    Gotta love how Solid and Deicide stand by what they want to see. Not making fun of it, genuine smile after reading a post like this!
    It is sort of inspiring in it's own way.

My tweet about Tama being the pheasant?

I don't recall suggesting that. At least not recently. I sald she's the dango.

Greg, do you think weakling trio not getting a proper fight they won ( Ulti's "defeat" has a much value as Nami zapping Absalom after Sanji wrecked him) in Wano unlike the other straw hats is Oda telling us they are outpaced?
    No, I think it's Oda being out of touch with his own body of work.

Re: Who's-Who
    Never say no but that could easily be any member of the crew.
    Last edited by Greg; August 27th, 2021 at 08:37 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by Greg View Post
    My tweet about Tama being the pheasant?

I never suggested that. I sald she's the dango.
    Greg since Oda is really going into tribes and what not, do you think he forgot about Kaido ? I mean he constantly mentioned in the manga that he is not human yet we have t gotten anything about it. Did he drop the idea ?

Would've been easier to name them after their hair colors, Akaji, Aoji, etc.

Ya'll just basing off their suits and the giant numbers stamped on them, they're hard to guess naked and in black and white comics.

--- Update From New Post Merge ---

Quote Originally Posted by Captain M View Post
    I've never heard of anyone else having this problem, especially with how easy the number theme makes it.
    Or, you probably never asked anyone if they had this issue? look at the thread, people do have problems to name them correctly.

Is just more that a lot of people won't admit they have to google which one is which, and look like a noob OP fan.

So has the anime stopped being crap while i looked away for a scant decade or so?

I'm surprised people have trouble with the Vinsmokes. I guess if your a manga-only reader maybe it is hard to tell the difference between Ichiji and Niji but Yonji looks different enough that he's easy to remember.

--- Update From New Post Merge ---

Quote Originally Posted by wolfwood View Post
    So has the anime stopped being crap while i looked away for a scant decade or so?
    It goes up and down. It's defo improved in Wano compared to the rest of post-TS but it will still have two bad or mediocre episodes for every actual good episode.

+ Reply to Thread

Thread Information