+ Reply to Thread
Page 516 of 534 FirstFirst ... 16 416 466 506 514 515 516 517 518 526 ... LastLast
Results 10,301 to 10,320 of 10663

Thread: Greg: Teacher of SUPER " OP " course !

Default Re: Greg: Teacher of SUPER " OP " course !

OOOH!!! Now I'm excited!

wait, didn't Sabo get captured or at least defeated at Mary Geoise? Which is on the red line? which is where Kings race exists?

Sorry just letting my thoughts flow, can't wait to see what he is, super excited

Heh, I just wrote on the Marineford 2.0 thread:

Quote Originally Posted by Deicide View Post
    We've been getting a few plot threads lately that keep pointing the story towards Mary Geoise.

- CP-0 has been a constant presence since Dressrosa
    - Im's identity
    - The events of the Reverie and the fate of Vivi and Sabo
    - The possible capture of Hancock, leading to her secret being found out and her return to slavery
    - Bonnie and Kuma
    - "Sun God Nika", a myth among slaves
    - An extinct race of fire people that once lived in the Red Line
    I've been saying a Mary Geoise arc would happen after Wano, things seem to point in that direction!
    Wano predictions: There will be 5 acts; All Straw Hats will get fights, some in Act 4; Big Mom Pirates will arrive; Carrot will have her moment, but won't join; Yamato will be a Kouzuki samurai and Wano's Guardian; Shanks will visit Luffy in Act 5; Next arc is Mary Geoise.

Maybe logia devil fruits originated from different ancient races? Like King's race had the so called 'bloodline' limit of the fire fire fruit? Zoans can be easily accomodated for as power developed from animal species. Paramecias are different ball game though. But we don't know the original mechanism either.
    “When I despair, I remember that all through history the way of truth and love have always won. There have been tyrants and murderers, and for a time, they can seem invincible, but in the end, they always fall. Think of it--always.”

Banned Rank: Failed Mutineer

In my own headcannon, back in the days when One Piece was still a novelty and not much of the lore was alluded to by Oda, I always imagined the DFs as being created by the Ancient Kingdom ex novo, and not using already pre-existing creatures and/or races as a starting point. They needed weapons so they turned everything into a weapon. Is that a fire? Sure, let's put the "essence" of fire into a fruit so whomever eats it can control that element. That a table? Sure, let's make a fruit through which any person can become a table. Perhaps the bloodlines came afterwards, as part of the inherited will. Perhaps some logia users mingled together and their children started showing a limited, yet impressive, natural recreation of the parents' DF abilities.

Since a particular DF power at any time can be held by a single person only, it should take thousands of years to get a race out such 'affinity'. AK was active only 1000 years ago.Even if those 'ancient' races were not the source of this power, I doubt it was 'created' by AK.
    “When I despair, I remember that all through history the way of truth and love have always won. There have been tyrants and murderers, and for a time, they can seem invincible, but in the end, they always fall. Think of it--always.”

Quote Originally Posted by Greg View Post
    There are some things I know that don't let me answer that exactly how I want to but I'm also in the dark about a few key aspects so in a controlled (ie. editor-approved space) I can talk about it freely. My next article touches on the topic a bit but nothing too deep or beyond tease-like. I would say that being interested in King's race is probably going to pay off in the long run. ie. Not just some goofy race Oda threw together as he often does.

And such patience might be rewarded sooner rather than later.
    Hype season is intact!
    edit: I'm thinking we might be getting one of our first solid hints into ONE OF the origin of D.
    Check out my podcast for conversations about Greatness in anime, sports, music, and whatever else we can think of.
    mtgoatmore.buzzsprout.com

Desire's Bland Moon puffing.cinema's Avatar

Regarding Hancock, I don't know about a Mary Geoise arc right now, but I think that her future is going to be something like: *gets reintroduced somehow* -> learns about the SH Fleet -> becomes the Fleet Admiral (bickering with Bartolomeo in a competition to prove who is the biggest Luffy-stan) -> Luffy emerges as a Yonkou from Wano -> makes Amazon Lilly his turf -> *the great Fleet moviment that is supposed to affect the whole world promised in Dresrossa* -> final war

I will give it a last try. Let us assume fire his really Sanji's DNA powers people speculate... What is your take on it Greg

Oda did a poor job with explaining the powers of Vinsmokes.

Judge had an electric kick... But he isn't listed as modified human.

On the other hand the siblings aren't explained well what Powers are DNA based and what Powers come from the suit. At least they are matching or enhancing their abilities.

On the other hand Sanji with fire plus invisibility makes no sense

But I hope we will learn.more

Quote Originally Posted by Kishido View Post
    I will give it a last try. Let us assume fire his really Sanji's DNA powers people speculate... What is your take on it Greg

On the other hand the siblings aren't explained well what Powers are DNA based and what Powers come from the suit. At least they are matching or enhancing their abilities.

Don't talk spoilers here

Quote Originally Posted by thegab View Post
    Don't talk spoilers here
    What spoiler? I asked this question dozen of pages ago

In the slums of heaven... I'm renting out a condo in hell though.

Invisibility would be from the suit. The fire foot can be speculated as somehow Judge's experimenting somehow still working even though it was said it was not and he was born a regular human.

I thought it was pretty clear where Sanji's siblings' powers came from as far as Judge's experimenting with lineage factors and their exoskeletons.
    Zik Of The 7 Swords: Vision? What do you know about my vision? My vision would turn your world upside down, tear asunder your illusions, and send the sanctuary of your own ignorance crashing down around you. Now ask yourself, Are you ready to see that vision?
    Last.fm

I will give it a last try.
    I'm pretty sure I answered your question waaaaaay back in the thread somewhere. If I didn't, I'm sorry. But I *do* remember saying at least once before, "I already answered your question." which is why I'm pretty sure I answered. Again, if I didn't, my mistake, I've made....a lot of posts. If you have the time to search through them, more power to you.

In the meantime, allow me to read you a fortune cookie I just got:

"Patience is a virtue."

Oh no doubt Luffy using it would be a one-off. Sorry if I implied otherwise. No way Luffy would 'suit-up' every time to go to battle.

As for the powers, people say Ichiji is *fire* but as far as we know he's only *sparking* not *flaming* which Sanji already has a lock on so I imagine it would compliment his fire and spinning. Flaming Drill Yellow?

Sora being involved would naturally cinch that deal. After all, we've only seen her sick, we know she must've been a badass in the lab.
    I searched sanji fire greg kishido. I'm assuming this is Greg's answer.
    Check out my podcast for conversations about Greatness in anime, sports, music, and whatever else we can think of.
    mtgoatmore.buzzsprout.com

Quote Originally Posted by andre View Post
    I searched sanji fire greg kishido. I'm assuming this is Greg's answer.
    Oh thanks and sorry Greg but still. If fire is really a lineage powers how is it fitting the stealth theme

Oh thanks and sorry Greg but still. If fire is really a lineage powers how is it fitting the stealth theme
    Why are you so intent on the themes have to match?

Contradictions are fun. Or just having multiple power sets.

Brook has ghost, ice and music stuff.
    Usopp has sniping and plants and dials and fire birds and lies.
    Nami has a weather theme but that also includes making illusions and having a stretching pole?
    Franky has "robot" as a theme but that's super broad and includes breathing fire, nipple lights, a giant mecha, and playdoh hair.

Even Luffy who has been pretty consistent with "rubber stuff" and getting a ton of variety and mileage out of that has all the haki things for diversity now. What does making armor, making fire attacks, seeing the future, and putting magic energy around your attacks have to do with rubber? Its a whole different subset of skills.

They don't all have to be completely cohesive move sets where every ability has a single theme.
    Last edited by Robby; August 24th, 2021 at 09:38 PM.
    To support Viz hosting all Jump manga for FREE and day of release, Arlong Park will now support the official release.
    https://www.viz.com/shonenjump

Official chapter discussions now start Sundays at Noon, EST.
    Please do not post threads when scan sites release their version, and just discuss those releases in the spoiler thread.

In the meantime, allow me to read you a fortune cookie I just got:

"Patience is a virtue."
    Awww shiiiip!!!!! We gon learn some stuff!
    Folks who read One Piece... Just better people. ¯\_(ツ)_/¯

Quote Originally Posted by Robby View Post
    Why are you so intent on the themes have to match?

Contradictions are fun. Or just having multiple power sets.

Brook has ghost, ice and music stuff.
    Usopp has sniping and plants and dials and fire birds and lies.
    Nami has a weather theme but that also includes making illusions and having a stretching pole?
    Franky has "robot" as a theme but that's super broad and includes breathing fire, nipple lights, a giant mecha, and playdoh hair.

Even Luffy who has been pretty consistent with "rubber stuff" and getting a ton of variety and mileage out of that has all the haki things for diversity now. What does making armor, making fire attacks, seeing the future, and putting magic energy around your attacks have to do with rubber? Its a whole different subset of skills.

They don't all have to be completely cohesive move sets where every ability has a single theme.
    Would have no problem if the other siblings would.contradict themselves as well with their suits.

Kishido (just tagging your here in case so it never gets lost)

Sanji's power with fire doesn't need to match the suit because as far as we know, the suit was never constructed with his abilities in mind. His family had no idea of what he could do so it doesn't make sense for it to be designed with his specialities in mind.

If anything, it seems ridiculously appropriate to what his family considered him, nothing.

They knew he couldn't fight on their level so what did they do to make him useful? Vanish...

If he's not fighting on the battlefield, at least he can do *something* right? If Sanji or Usopp designed it I'd have major issues with the concept, but considering it came from a family that considered him a worthless failure, it makes perfect sense to me.

As for the color the term 'Black Sheep' may also be used in Japanese.

Marco's wording implies that King's race inhabitated the Red Line long before the 19 royal families (+Imu I guess?). This would speak against the idea that the WG "created" the wall during the Void Century, no?

Kishido (just tagging your here in case so it never gets lost)

Sanji's power with fire doesn't need to match the suit because as far as we know, the suit was never constructed with his abilities in mind. His family had no idea of what he could do so it doesn't make sense for it to be designed with his specialities in mind.

If anything, it seems ridiculously appropriate to what his family considered him, nothing.

They knew he couldn't fight on their level so what did they do to make him useful? Vanish...

If he's not fighting on the battlefield, at least he can do *something* right? If Sanji or Usopp designed it I'd have major issues with the concept, but considering it came from a family that considered him a worthless failure, it makes perfect sense to me.

As for the color the term 'Black Sheep' may also be used in Japanese.
    Sorry Greg... But the suits are basedon the comic strip which seems older than the siblings

So that's what I find strange... If the comic wouldn't have been older I would totally agree with you. But all of them being based on the comic makes it somehow strange

+ Reply to Thread

Thread Information