+ Reply to Thread
Page 512 of 524 FirstFirst ... 12 412 462 502 510 511 512 513 514 522 ... LastLast
Results 10,221 to 10,240 of 10468

Thread: Greg: Teacher of SUPER " OP " course !

In the slums of heaven... I'm renting out a condo in hell though.

Default Re: Greg: Teacher of SUPER " OP " course !

Quote Originally Posted by Solid View Post
    in my eyes, Oda is double trolling us into thinking this, and then Tama's df will get revealed in the manga to fit the pattern, and the one in the vivre card was fake all along, Oda playing 4d chess (yes, im actually serious)
    LOL good luck with that.
    Zik Of The 7 Swords: Vision? What do you know about my vision? My vision would turn your world upside down, tear asunder your illusions, and send the sanctuary of your own ignorance crashing down around you. Now ask yourself, Are you ready to see that vision?
    Last.fm

Quote Originally Posted by Robby View Post
    Personally, I've stood by the 2.9 theory for years. And "ten crewmate limit because first chapter".
    What exactly is that theory? Never heard about it.

Quote Originally Posted by Ivotas View Post
    What exactly is that theory? Never heard about it.
    It came up in an SBS a long time ago. Around volume 60.

"D: Odacchi! I noticed an amazing thing!!! It is that if you show the Straw Hat Devil Fruit users in numbers, it will be the numbers from 1~10!!

Luffy→Gomu Gomu (5.6.5.6.), Chopper→Hito Hito (1.10.1.10), Robin→Hana Hana (8.7.8.7.), Brook→Yomi Yomi (4.3.4.3.)

(1.3.4.5.6.7.8.10), but there is no (2.9), so is the one who ate the Nikyu Nikyu (2.9.2.9.) no Mi, Bartholomew Kuma, gonna be a Straw Hat next? Please tell me!!! P.N. SHANKUS.LOVE

O: WHAAAAAT?! (shock) Gosh that surprised me! Why was I surprised?! NO COMMENTTTTTTT!!!!!!!! NEXT!!"
    What made this tempting as theory fodder instead of a one off joke, is if you add up all those numbers you get 325, or Su-Ni-Go. The odds of that happening by accident are astronomically bad, and calls into question the semi-exotic naming of Robin's fruit, and Oda even threw the number into some color spreads and such.

So for a decade folks have latched onto that being the obvious final qualifier any crewmate needs to have, which has obviously let Oda toy with the audience..

2 can be written as: Yu, Ni and Fu and 9 can be written as Ku, Ki and Kyu. Notably Kinemon's Fuku clothes fruit actually fits this pattern perfectly, and so did Monet's Yuki snow fruit. (Go, snow, meat, clothes, wiping being the sensible words)

Tama's fruit COULD have fit it but was named different in the vivre cards. There's no real way to do it with Yamato's without some sort of Moon trick, and even then it has to be stretched a little.
    Last edited by Robby; August 6th, 2021 at 01:00 AM.
    To support Viz hosting all Jump manga for FREE and day of release, Arlong Park will now support the official release.
    https://www.viz.com/shonenjump

Official chapter discussions now start Sundays at Noon, EST.
    Please do not post threads when scan sites release their version, and just discuss those releases in the spoiler thread.

What made this tempting as theory fodder instead of a one off joke, is if you add up all those numbers you get 325, or Su-Ni-Go. The odds of that happening by accident are astronomically bad, and calls into question the semi-exotic naming of Robin's fruit, and Oda even threw the number into some color spreads and such.

So for a decade folks have latched onto that being the obvious final qualifier any crewmate needs to have.

2 can be written as: Yu, Ni and Fu and 9 can be written as Ku, Ki and Kyu. Notably Kinemon's Fuku clothes fruit actually fits this pattern perfectly, and so did Monet's Yuki snow fruit. (Go, snow, meat, clothes, wiping being the sensible words)

Tama's fruit COULD have fit it but was named different in the vivre cards. There's no real way to do it with Yamato's without some sort of Moon trick, and even then it has to be stretched a little.
    I never believed in this theory at all and I always thought Oda was just... rolling with it. But let's assume I do: my ultimate bet is on a Niku Niku no Mi user which will actually supply Luffy's meat forever and ever.
    Quote Originally Posted by rayleigh92 View Post
    Carrot sneaked on the Sunny when they left Zou, not asking or requesting anyone. IF Carrot is going to join, I expect something like that, with the crew ready to leave Wano, all of them beginning to party for new nakama Yamato and then "wha-t?! Carrot is near Luffy

So for a decade folks have latched onto that being the obvious final qualifier any crewmate needs to have.

Ok, I'm gonna out myself as an absolute failure in math but how exactly does 5+6+5+6+1+10+1+10+8+7+8+7+4+3+4+3 end up being 325? I get 88. Since there's no way I'm the first person to actually do this the only explenation is that I got it completely wrong. Might telling me what people did to end up at 325?

Other than that I don't really know what to think of the theory. I mean with the way how the DFs are named in general there has to be crapload of them that will end up being related to numbers. And the way the Japanese numbers work the single kana thing will always be limited to numbers 1 to 10 (aswell as 20 if I'm not mistaken). But it might end up being true after all. So yeah, I'm kinda indifferent towards it really.

Thanks for the explenation btw.

Quote Originally Posted by Ivotas View Post
    Ok, I'm gonna out myself as an absolute failure in math but how exactly does 5+6+5+6+1+10+1+10+8+7+8+7+4+3+4+3 end up being 325? I get 88. Since there's no way I'm the first person to actually do this the only explenation is that I got it completely wrong. Might telling me what people did to end up at 325?

Other than that I don't really know what to think of the theory. I mean with the way how the DFs are named in general there has to be crapload of them that will end up being related to numbers. And the way the Japanese numbers work the single kana thing will always be limited to numbers 1 to 10 (aswell as 20 if I'm not mistaken). But it might end up being true after all. So yeah, I'm kinda indifferent towards it really.

Thanks for the explenation btw.
    The 325 thing is 56 (gomu) + 43 (yomi) + 87 (hana) + 110 (hito) +29

Quote Originally Posted by akagami7 View Post
    The 325 thing is 56 (gomu) + 43 (yomi) + 87 (hana) + 110 (hito) +29
    Thanks for explaining. But that's also kinda cherry picking for the sake of creating a theory. Why 56? Why not 5656 or 5+6+5+6 or just 5+6? But then again, don't really feel that much fascinated by the theory to think about it further.^^'

With a total of 18 combinations, It's amazing we only got three fruits fitting in. Aside Monet's Yuki Yuki, Kuma's Nikyu Nikyu and Ki'nemon's Fuku Fuku, we still have free slots as a Kuni Kuni no Mi, Oden's natural antagonist.
    Carrot sneaked on the Sunny when they left Zou, not asking or requesting anyone. IF Carrot is going to join, I expect something like that, with the crew ready to leave Wano, all of them beginning to party for new nakama Yamato and then "wha-t?! Carrot is near Luffy

Couldn't Oda's answer just mean that the reader discovered that Kuma is the last member, even if it was by an absolute randon method? Lol.

Also, if he published the letter it means there is something unexpected that he can still reveal later. The theory is incomplete.

We won't be getting a second cyborg nor warlord.
    3DS FC: 0516-7666-3837
    SW-4128-8032-0729

Cyborg? No. Too specific.

Warlord? I don't agree. Warlord is just a (former) title. It's one thing to not expect another fishman or fishman karate master. But Moria, Crocodile, Hancock, Kuma or Buggy are all Warlords and have nothing in common besides that title. Character themes, visuals, potential stories, fighting styles and powers score way higher than something like a title.
    Wano predictions: There will be 5 acts; All Straw Hats will get fights, some in Act 4; Big Mom Pirates will arrive; Carrot will have her moment, but won't join; Yamato will be a Kouzuki samurai and Wano's Guardian; Shanks will visit Luffy in Act 5; Next arc is Mary Geoise.

Yeah its pretty doubtful we're getting another former warlord joining. It almost feels like that role has been filled on the crew (experienced infamous pirate).

As far as new world recruits, a warlord and then son of a yonkou matches the stature Oda seems to be going for. He's obviously not going to have a yonkou or (former/ex-) marine join.

Only other notorious titles or group I could think of is if a supernova joined (more unlikely than a warlord) or another character that is a "D."

Was actually waiting for a while for Oda to reveal Roger managed to get another D. character to join him (and that potentially having some importance), seems slim so far but given how he inserted Oden in to the crew its still possible.
    Zik Of The 7 Swords: Vision? What do you know about my vision? My vision would turn your world upside down, tear asunder your illusions, and send the sanctuary of your own ignorance crashing down around you. Now ask yourself, Are you ready to see that vision?
    Last.fm

Maybe Vegapunk used his super science and transfers Kuma’s mind into another body, and we’ll get a heart warming reveal that he’s doing okay

Quote Originally Posted by Shiebs View Post
    Maybe Vegapunk used his super science and transfers Kuma’s mind into another body, and we’ll get a heart warming reveal that he’s doing okay
    Would be a nice death work around for Oda.

The only thing being his DF did not transfer over with his mind.
    Last.fm

Quote Originally Posted by Zik View Post

Neither did Chopper and Smoker's when they got caught up in Law's body swap shenanigans on Punk Hazard.

Black tea is best enjoyed with one's fellow monsters.

Quote Originally Posted by otakufan View Post
    Neither did Chopper and Smoker's when they got caught up in Law's body swap shenanigans on Punk Hazard.
    I was thinking of that but given it is the mind and not hearts Oda may treat it differently since Sanji did keep his haki in Nami's body.
    Last edited by Zik; August 7th, 2021 at 12:30 PM.
    Last.fm

Quote Originally Posted by Zik View Post

Well Vegapunk does know more about devil fruits than anyone so maybe he can find a way to transfer that latter at the end of his story arc…. I don’t know probably not but who knows, but yeah it would be one thing to have another body and another to not have your devil fruit that’s also a big part of your identity

Quote Originally Posted by Shiebs View Post
    Well Vegapunk does know more about devil fruits than anyone so maybe he can find a way to transfer that latter at the end of his story arc…. I don’t know probably not but who knows, but yeah it would be one thing to have another body and another to not have your devil fruit that’s also a big part of your identity
    Kuma in a new body could always get the DF back if he took it from his cyborg corpse Blackbeard style.
    Last.fm

With a total of 18 combinations, It's amazing we only got three fruits fitting in. Aside Monet's Yuki Yuki, Kuma's Nikyu Nikyu and Ki'nemon's Fuku Fuku, we still have free slots as a Kuni Kuni no Mi, Oden's natural antagonist.
    How does yu mean 2? I never saw how. Wasn't it just an old hoax?

Quote Originally Posted by Dragon D. Luffy View Post
    GrandLineReview made a response to that theory about One Piece being under Enies Lobby. He makes some good points imo.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ihGJGZ6bSyQ
    that's a pretty good theory of yude-ron there. very compelling so far.

+ Reply to Thread

Thread Information