+ Reply to Thread
Page 511 of 532 FirstFirst ... 11 411 461 501 509 510 511 512 513 521 ... LastLast
Results 10,201 to 10,220 of 10635

Thread: Greg: Teacher of SUPER " OP " course !

Default Re: Greg: Teacher of SUPER " OP " course !

Looks like Greg's momotaro theory is about to come true, now that we know Yamato is a dog and Luffy is obviously the monkey, now all we need is for Marco to appear

In the slums of heaven... I'm renting out a condo in hell though.

Quote Originally Posted by Greg View Post

And the number theory is, has been, and always will be irrelevant. In fact, Oda intentionally trolls readers with number use to lead them down the wrong path.
    In my eyes this is more sweet sweet confirmation Yamato is going to join the strawhats
    Zik Of The 7 Swords: Vision? What do you know about my vision? My vision would turn your world upside down, tear asunder your illusions, and send the sanctuary of your own ignorance crashing down around you. Now ask yourself, Are you ready to see that vision?
    Last.fm

Yup. Wish I had the good common sense to realize it would be Yamato with them in the end. If I did, I would've nailed the fruit way earlier. But no, like a chump, I believed Wanda or Dogstorm would factor in (^○^). Ya got me Oda!!!! Well deserved. I so prefer that to, "Yeah I saw this coming."

Greg what do you think of Yamato saying he wants to sail with Luffy

Already a crew member in my mind's eye.

Look, if Momo can't go, a Kozuki must go with them to complete the dramatic circle. If it's not Hiyori (dunno why it would be) there's literally no other choice than a literal avatar of Oden.

It just makes sense.

Yup. Wish I had the good common sense to realize it would be Yamato with them in the end. If I did, I would've nailed the fruit way earlier. But no, like a chump, I believed Wanda or Dogstorm would factor in (^○^). Ya got me Oda!!!! Well deserved. I so prefer that to, "Yeah I saw this coming."
    You think Marco is joining or will Oda find a different pheasant ?

With Yamato's DF being revealed... I know there's references to Momotaro, especially the dog and then there's the wolf from Yamato Takeru tales.

So my question is... Are there any other references behind this wolf?
    Here’s how Naruto should end: Last panel is Naruto standing proudly over Konohagakure. Slowly zoom out to reveal Luffy staring into a snowglobe with a miniature Konoha inside it. Usopp asks him what he’s doing. Luffy replies “Thinkin’ bout ninjas! Ninjas are cool!” and then chucks it off the ship

Besides being an actual guradian deity, very likely inspired by Princess Mononoke (which was likely itself inspired by the deity).

Quote Originally Posted by Joy Boy View Post
    You think Marco is joining or will Oda find a different pheasant ?
    It won't be, but I wish it was random Kuzan.

Nothing to do with the story. And, in fact, Oda's concern was that these messages *don't* have anything to do with the story.

He actually addressed this incident briefly in an SBS and it's how the Morgan name (and others) cameo came about in early Wano.
    Oh, he's pissed someone is writing silly stuff on his work, like teens doing random grafitti on the streets
    I can sympathize with that

But I don't think I know what Morgan cameo you're talking about. Anyone can fill me in?

If I went to all the trouble of writing an intricately detailed and planned out work like One Piece I'd be hella pissed if someone just threw random other crap in there to amuse themselves. I'd like to assume that person no longer has a job with Oda.

Quote Originally Posted by rawrfizzz View Post
    If I went to all the trouble of writing an intricately detailed and planned out work like One Piece I'd be hella pissed if someone just threw random other crap in there to amuse themselves. I'd like to assume that person no longer has a job with Oda.
    Super minor background details that you can't notice without a magnifying glass. Like words on the spines of books or something, or a random easter egg reference buried in a pile of rubble.

The only example I can think of offhand is the pokemon Meltan showing up in Kid's giant junk arms.

Nothing that would *hurt* the story, but not something Oda wanted put in there, all the same.
    To support Viz hosting all Jump manga for FREE and day of release, Arlong Park will now support the official release.
    https://www.viz.com/shonenjump

Official chapter discussions now start Sundays at Noon, EST.
    Please do not post threads when scan sites release their version, and just discuss those releases in the spoiler thread.

If you know the details/people involved the messages are interesting. Sometimes funny and they reveal a good deal about the creative team.

The Meltan itself is Oda's but it's also super tough to point out. Technically he shouldn't have made it and when I pointed it out on the column I couldn't even name it or point it out for legal reasons ^o^

In the slums of heaven... I'm renting out a condo in hell though.

What are your thoughts or ideas or any knowledge as far as the crew being complete after 10 members or there possibly being more crew mates and Oda indicating or implying that this is it either by announcement or via Luffy in story?

Some think after 10 that'll be it (so the next crew mate thread will be done). Some think there will be more (continue the next crew mate until the end of the manga).
    Zik Of The 7 Swords: Vision? What do you know about my vision? My vision would turn your world upside down, tear asunder your illusions, and send the sanctuary of your own ignorance crashing down around you. Now ask yourself, Are you ready to see that vision?
    Last.fm

Personally, I've stood by the 2.9 theory for years. And "ten crewmate limit because first chapter".

But we know more about Oda and writing habits than we used to, and that he DIDN'T have every major beat exactly planned at the start, and have to alter speculations accordingly that some ideas are naturally going to change over nearly three decades. (and the sheer fact that the story is going to be multitudes longer than he planned means obviously stuff changes.)

He's not going to change anything major but he'll absolutely change anything small if its guessed too much.

So stuff that's been out and in the open and a complete "take for granted fact" isn't something I personally put quite as much stock in as I used to, now that we know just how often Oda actually does things by the seat of his pants or on a whim, or tries to misdirect the readers..

ANd really, why else would he give away the 2.9 thing a *decade* in advance if not to fuel speculation and misdirection? He didn't HAVE to include that SBS question, and it might have gone largely unnoticed until the time was right otherwise. (It certainly would never have been caught in the English community.)

Heck, the original version of the story didn't have the Warlords, or Vivi, or the supernovas. Stuff changes.

Like we'd heard the storiy of the Supernovas being made up on the spot, but it always felt like "nah, he had plans for them, but just brought them in early. They're TOO diverse to be on the spot!" But then in a later interview when Oda himself explained it instead of an editor, its like "yeah, they were crazy and diverse because I wasn't constrained by a theme and I thought they'd be one offs, so I just did whatever seemed fun." which makes perfect sense, but the presentation at the time didn't seem like it.

But even with that example the big turning point for me was learning the cherry blossom trees in drum, and the farewell X marks in Alabasta, were decisions he made that week, rather than months in advance. Those payoffs were so perfect and so built into the setup they seemed like they had to be planned, had to be the entire point of it all... and they just weren't.

So, Oda does stuff when it seems like a better story idea, he doesn't limit himself to things he decided years, or even months, earlier.
    Last edited by Robby; August 1st, 2021 at 09:04 PM.
    To support Viz hosting all Jump manga for FREE and day of release, Arlong Park will now support the official release.
    https://www.viz.com/shonenjump

Official chapter discussions now start Sundays at Noon, EST.
    Please do not post threads when scan sites release their version, and just discuss those releases in the spoiler thread.

Kind of like how people were 100% sure Shiryu would get the diamond diamond fruit

Nothing to do with the story. And, in fact, Oda's concern was that these messages *don't* have anything to do with the story.

He actually addressed this incident briefly in an SBS and it's how the Morgan name (and others) cameo came about in early Wano.
    Was 3D軌 99% an indication how Kid’s ability would be animated? :)

Also, thanks for the clarification re: numbers…

Quote Originally Posted by Zik View Post
    In my eyes this is more sweet sweet confirmation Yamato is going to join the strawhats
    in my eyes, Oda is double trolling us into thinking this, and then Tama's df will get revealed in the manga to fit the pattern, and the one in the vivre card was fake all along, Oda playing 4d chess (yes, im actually serious)

Quote Originally Posted by Solid View Post
    in my eyes, Oda is double trolling us into thinking this, and then Tama's df will get revealed in the manga to fit the pattern, and the one in the vivre card was fake all along, Oda playing 4d chess (yes, im actually serious)
    The revolver ocelot special eh

GrandLineReview made a response to that theory about One Piece being under Enies Lobby. He makes some good points imo.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ihGJGZ6bSyQ

+ Reply to Thread

Thread Information