+ Reply to Thread
Page 505 of 534 FirstFirst ... 5 405 455 495 503 504 505 506 507 515 ... LastLast
Results 10,081 to 10,100 of 10667

Thread: Greg: Teacher of SUPER " OP " course !

Default Re: Greg: Teacher of SUPER " OP " course !

If Oda's exploring Rocks, I don't think there's need for one.

He could do it of course, esp. if it develops Yamato, but it's nothing anything I ever felt he needed to explore, esp after the Oden fb. Two extended fbs in an arc is a bit much.

If it's a chap maybe.

Quote Originally Posted by Greg View Post
    If Oda's exploring Rocks, I don't think there's need for one.

He could do it of course, esp. if it develops Yamato, but it's nothing anything I ever felt he needed to explore, esp after the Oden fb. Two extended fbs in an arc is a bit much.

If it's a chap maybe.
    No need to get a big one like Odens. I mean Mom got a couple of chapters. Kaido needs some more characterisation. Especially his obsession with death

I think there's plenty to explore with him, it's justa question of whether it happens here or not.

Oda could pull a Wapol-like flashback during the final assault but I dunno if he'd be satisfied pulling the same narrative stunt twice. (Yes, most arcs are the same structure, flow, and character pools but that's different from how he knocks down his pieces)

Rather than asking what Oda 'must' do, it's often helpful to consider what would benefit his momentum. Sometimes he'll break form, but usually he tries to protect it at all costs during the climax. Honestly, I dunno if he would've pulled that Yamato and Ace bit if it wasn't chp 1000.

Since we are discussing Rocks, can you explain how the eye of him and Imu are same/similar as you wrote in your column? Some other people claimed that too, but to me it is difficult to connect both eyes. They look so generic.
    “When I despair, I remember that all through history the way of truth and love have always won. There have been tyrants and murderers, and for a time, they can seem invincible, but in the end, they always fall. Think of it--always.”

Quote Originally Posted by Sengokusgoat View Post
    What, was Ivankov's devil fruit also in possession of the Kurozomi clan back in the day like Mr.2's and Bartolomeo's?
    At the time of writing that post, I genuinely didn't know that Kaido and Orochi would be physically incapable of giving birth. I always just assumed any adult could give birth unless they had a medical condition that made them unable to or a procedure was done on them (sterilization or -sectomy). My idea didn't involve Ivankov's fruit, I just didn't learn until very recently that it wouldn't have been possible.
    I accept Jesus Burgess as my Lord and Savior

Oda could pull a Wapol-like flashback during the final assault but I dunno if he'd be satisfied pulling the same narrative stunt twice. (Yes, most arcs are the same structure, flow, and character pools but that's different from how he knocks down his pieces)
    He's done that a couple times. Wapol was the most obvious "mid fight" freeze, and Robin's was after the sea train and initial island invasion but before the final showdowns... and sort of during Dresserossa with multiple characters... but most notable with Skypeia. After all the minions and strawhats were down, and Enel was doing his big final attack before Luffy made his assault... and then we get the big whopper mega flashback that put everything into context.

Where that one falls is why so many people skip over it, sadly, because it DOES pause the action really badly. It works on repeat viewing, and it adds so so much to the final attempt, but it really IS a big momentum breaker. So hard to say if Oda would be willing to do it again.

He didn't throw Luffy and Ace's childhood flashback into the middle of Marineford, afterall.
    To support Viz hosting all Jump manga for FREE and day of release, Arlong Park will now support the official release.
    https://www.viz.com/shonenjump

Official chapter discussions now start Sundays at Noon, EST.
    Please do not post threads when scan sites release their version, and just discuss those releases in the spoiler thread.

I think there's plenty to explore with him, it's justa question of whether it happens here or not.

Rather than asking what Oda 'must' do, it's often helpful to consider what would benefit his momentum. Sometimes he'll break form, but usually he tries to protect it at all costs during the climax. Honestly, I dunno if he would've pulled that Yamato and Ace bit if it wasn't chp 1000.
    I like how Sanji's flashback was in and out, but flowed well. It didn't feel like most flashbacks. I consider his and BM's flashbacks, the major 2 of that arc. Kata and Pedro's mini flashbacks just don't compare to those as that crucial to the arc.

For Zou, it would be Jack's initial attack and Sanji leaving. They felt like 1 flashback, but 2 at the same time. It's Oda's most creative arc up to that point when it comes to structure for me. Being able to stuff so much in an arc, but it doesn't feel rushed or crowded, is astounding. It was maneuvered well as they visit Pekoms and the leaders. It was great setup for a top 5 moment in the series, "Raizo is safe". It's the only post timeskip moment for me that is in the top 5. It's a difficult task to get in there anyway.

While WCI arc has no top 5 moment for me, it has entered my top 5 arcs. While Luffy was never in question as the protagonist, Sanji's narrative didn't feel smothered by Luffy. Even with dragging Luffy vs Kata, I got enough of the cake baking to feel like the Chiffon-Puddin-Sanji alliance could have their mission ruined at many points. He was able to fit in MVP Brook moments, Jinbe joining, Chopper's Brulee express, Nami's homies subplot, Pedro's "last stand", introduction of a lesser known Yonkou crew, while prioritizing Sanji's story.

In the slums of heaven... I'm renting out a condo in hell though.

Oda gave Senor Pink a flashback. I think he can fit Kaido's in to this arc and it not kill momentum.

Regardless at some point I think Kaido has to get one that spends a good time with him. Not jist some coverage in a Rocks flashback. To me it works right now cuz it'd be father and son where it'd start with him and end with Yamato. Too many different things have been mentioned about him not to.
    Zik Of The 7 Swords: Vision? What do you know about my vision? My vision would turn your world upside down, tear asunder your illusions, and send the sanctuary of your own ignorance crashing down around you. Now ask yourself, Are you ready to see that vision?
    Last.fm

A one chapter flashback I expect. Little sketch of interaction between Rocks and Kaido. I think he is the guy who inspired young Kaido.Others were adults going for gains.
    “When I despair, I remember that all through history the way of truth and love have always won. There have been tyrants and murderers, and for a time, they can seem invincible, but in the end, they always fall. Think of it--always.”

One can only hope that Oda will spare us of yet another flashback in an already bloated arc

Feels like a 50/50 chance we'll get a flashback. Kaido and Yamato would benefit from one and I won't overlook the possibility that Oda could make a short, satisfying one that won't slow the pace too much.

But the arc has run out of time. Much as I enjoy the chapters I'm mentally tapping my foot the whole time. It may be smarter to post-pone the flashback until later so it can get the love it deserves. It'll suck right now but at least it'll fill out Onigashima during re-reads.
    Wano Predictions
    Spoiler:

I want a decent flashback for Kaido. At least as long as Big Moms was. I'm enjoying this arc so I won't mind at all.
    Check out my podcast for conversations about Greatness in anime, sports, music, and whatever else we can think of.
    mtgoatmore.buzzsprout.com

I am expecting a short Kaido flashback dealing with his apprentice days in Rocks.

Rocks (and Big Mom) have been a constant theme in the background since Wano began, so I think at some point that minor thread will get a huge reveal linked to it.
    Wano predictions: There will be 5 acts; All Straw Hats will get fights, some in Act 4; Big Mom Pirates will arrive; Carrot will have her moment, but won't join; Yamato will be a Kouzuki samurai and Wano's Guardian; Shanks will visit Luffy in Act 5; Next arc is Mary Geoise.

I don't believe we will have the rocks flashback on wano, we already know what makes kaido such an asshole, Oden's execution, as we learned during Whole Cake what made Big Mom be herself.

Kaido is not that deep, he wants a death that makes him legend, he's not seeking death because any reason that might aply to a real person's life, but because he believes that the only thing that gives meaning to life, is death, and the more grand and glorious it is, the better, that's why he keeps on whining about roger, whitebeard and oden, because he envies their deaths, and why he wants to try to spark a war bigger than anything before, and wants to do it before he gets old and dies of something stupid.

Just like one show of buggy showed us all we needed to know about him, we have the full breath and depth of kaido, the rest is going to be just flavor to the rocks scenes.
    3DS FC: 0516-7666-3837
    SW-4128-8032-0729

Sanji's flashback was like 3 chapters and BM was 2 and some change. Sanji's just took a break more often. I can see Kaido's flashback going either way.

Yeah, it be nice to have a flashback of Rocks crew and learn more about it. Though I can't see it happening in Wano, just doesn't feel right, since I think the flashback should be focused on Yamato more than Kaido.

I mean, going by the volume covers, it does makes sense that a fb happens in vol 101, which would be hopefully soon.

Quote Originally Posted by Monquito View Post
    I mean, going by the volume covers, it does makes sense that a fb happens in vol 101, which would be hopefully soon.
    What do you mean? Yamato is on volume 100 right? Why 101? I'm confused.

A Kaido/Yamato Flashback happening would be right after the F6 falls and before Luffy reaches the roof I think. Either that or it happens at Kaido's defeat.
    Here’s how Naruto should end: Last panel is Naruto standing proudly over Konohagakure. Slowly zoom out to reveal Luffy staring into a snowglobe with a miniature Konoha inside it. Usopp asks him what he’s doing. Luffy replies “Thinkin’ bout ninjas! Ninjas are cool!” and then chucks it off the ship

Quote Originally Posted by starlalilymoon View Post
    What do you mean? Yamato is on volume 100 right? Why 101? I'm confused.
    well its a group of interconneced volumes, and as Redon said, we should see it as one big volume picture instead of three, but I mean, since Kaido is in the backround of 101, doing as the great bad villain of the arc, and an expected fb would be heavely focused on him as well, it really only makes the most sense to put the flashback right in that volume in particular.

+ Reply to Thread

Thread Information