+ Reply to Thread
Page 502 of 534 FirstFirst ... 2 402 452 492 500 501 502 503 504 512 ... LastLast
Results 10,021 to 10,040 of 10661

Thread: Greg: Teacher of SUPER " OP " course !

Default Re: Greg: Teacher of SUPER " OP " course !

Quote Originally Posted by Nilitch View Post
    Is it really "from" Greg though ? I've read this theory 5years ago on a French forum
    Lots of people theorize lots of things, wouldn't be a shock if there was overlap in theories.

But due to his official column thing, Greg's ideas and opinions and insights do get passed around more than most, regardless of how right or wrong he might be.

We're mostly just partial to him here on this forum since he comes from here.
    To support Viz hosting all Jump manga for FREE and day of release, Arlong Park will now support the official release.
    https://www.viz.com/shonenjump

Official chapter discussions now start Sundays at Noon, EST.
    Please do not post threads when scan sites release their version, and just discuss those releases in the spoiler thread.

I feel the sun and the moon both play a part here and the sun has been slowly growing more and more in importance. I mean we had Enel going to the moon and finding out the Shandians came from the moon but with the Sun Pirates and references to the Sun God and Joy Boy and how the hat looks like a sunset, who knows...

Quote Originally Posted by TLC View Post
    and how the hat looks like a sunset.
    ..... huh.
    To support Viz hosting all Jump manga for FREE and day of release, Arlong Park will now support the official release.
    https://www.viz.com/shonenjump

Official chapter discussions now start Sundays at Noon, EST.
    Please do not post threads when scan sites release their version, and just discuss those releases in the spoiler thread.

Sunrise too come to think of it, hence the dawn the minks keep talking about. Maybe it's all a cycle? The D is both the moon and the sun, different halves of the same circular whole? Would be a big galaxy brain move by Oda.

Quote Originally Posted by TLC View Post
    Sunrise too come to think of it, hence the dawn the minks keep talking about. Maybe it's all a cycle? The D is both the moon and the sun, different halves of the same circular whole? Would be a big galaxy brain move by Oda.
    One Piece............
    Check out my podcast for conversations about Greatness in anime, sports, music, and whatever else we can think of.
    mtgoatmore.buzzsprout.com

I think you guys are getting closer and closer lol

This discussion offends me! Stop it right now!
    Folks who read One Piece... Just better people. \_(ツ)_/

Is it really "from" Greg though ?
    If you mean, was I the first to utter it as a world first? Depending on the theory, maybe not.

If you mean, was I the first to shout it as loud as possible *without any outside inspiration having reached the conclusion on my own* then depending on the theory, probably yes.

I've been doing this 20 years now.

I've said a lotta things about One Piece before people were even listening back to and even before my time on Kaizoku Fansubs forums. (^○^)

Greg confirmed to be French.

Time to change the threads name to Gaspards corner

Oh yeah, Romance Dawn, original name of the series. It has been there all along.
    3DS FC: 0516-7666-3837
    SW-4128-8032-0729

So Luffy will eat another DF? Or we believe he somehow inherited the Mera Mera while Sabo has it too?

Quote Originally Posted by Kishido View Post
    So Luffy will eat another DF? Or we believe he somehow inherited the Mera Mera while Sabo has it too?
    I know you're probably asking for Greg's opinion, but I just wanted to share mine as well.

I do think he inherited something of the Mera Mera no Mi through inheriting a part of Ace's will. Omissions by Oda are typically for a purpose and it's fishy that he would omit any reasoning behind Luffy's fire powers. I don't know if I believe it's something he (and others) can do because of the will of D, but I suppose that depends on what the D stands for. I think it stands for a lot of different parts that are all part of One thing, Devil among them, so I'm open to the theory, though I don't see any real evidence for it.
    Check out my podcast for conversations about Greatness in anime, sports, music, and whatever else we can think of.
    mtgoatmore.buzzsprout.com

Still really afraid of this theory. It sounds horrible

Luffy's fire attacks are just like Sanji's. Or Marigold's. It's just them using haki in some yet unexplained way. They aren't throwing fireballs around, they are just attacking while covering a part of themselves in fire.
    Wano predictions: There will be 5 acts; All Straw Hats will get fights, some in Act 4; Big Mom Pirates will arrive; Carrot will have her moment, but won't join; Yamato will be a Kouzuki samurai and Wano's Guardian; Shanks will visit Luffy in Act 5; Next arc is Mary Geoise.

Marigold is using a match

Joy boy also had a brother who was on fire #cantfightfate

Quote Originally Posted by Kishido View Post
    Marigold is using a match
    Just like Sanji needed friction initially to start Diable Jambe, but later was able to do so at will.
    Wano predictions: There will be 5 acts; All Straw Hats will get fights, some in Act 4; Big Mom Pirates will arrive; Carrot will have her moment, but won't join; Yamato will be a Kouzuki samurai and Wano's Guardian; Shanks will visit Luffy in Act 5; Next arc is Mary Geoise.

Quote Originally Posted by Deicide View Post
    Just like Sanji needed friction initially to start Diable Jambe, but later was able to do so at will.
    Maybe but we still don't know it Marygold can do so.

And with Sanji there is always the possibility of his genetics

Doesn't make sense to me. Roger who was a D. revealed to Whitebeard what it means. Why would he tell him something as bland as "D. = DFx2" ? Especially since WB fought against Roger many times and obviously knew what kind of powers he had for a long time.
    Every nation gets the government it deserves.---- Joseph de Maistre

x theory sounds dumb.
    y theory doesn't make sense.
    A good deal of those thoughts come from head canon and the feeling of ownership of a series that doesn't actually exist outside being a fan.

It makes *sense* for a lot of things, but the author's job is to take what *doesn't* make sense, and make that not only believable, but satisfying.

I'm not married to any theory regarding D, but I'm open to the idea that even the most wild-sounding of theories could be correct if skillfully painted in the right light by the author.

An example of Oda coming up with a passable explanation for an inexplicable concept? Ace's age gap. Nobody bats an eye at that.

An example of a poorly executed outcome? Sanji making the cake. Unexpected outcome, but pretty lame execution.

It's why I keep coming back to this mantra, great mangaka must be great BS artists.

+ Reply to Thread

Thread Information