+ Reply to Thread
Page 472 of 532 FirstFirst ... 372 422 462 470 471 472 473 474 482 522 ... LastLast
Results 9,421 to 9,440 of 10631

Thread: Greg: Teacher of SUPER " OP " course !

Default Re: Greg: Teacher of SUPER " OP " course !

Greg I saw one of your tweets and it surprised me..

You said that Luffy can beat Kaido and make sense power scaling wise because Hyogoro said so.. Like what the hell ? Luffy is now the strongest in the series ?

Doesn't sound like anything I'd say without heavy-duty framing. You'd have to link it, that would've been super helpful.

Greg tweets? And is opinionated about Americas favorite topic power scaling. This sounds like a twitter argument i need to see.

Quote Originally Posted by Greg View Post
    Doesn't sound like anything I'd say without heavy-duty framing. You'd have to link it, that would've been super helpful.
    https://twitter.com/ochimusha108/sta...96136302370816

Thematically or not what you say here is that power scaling wise Luffy could be capable of beating him.

Probably because it does because thats how this (really rad) kids comic book operates! :)

Hey Greg! A question! Do you think we are going to see any new high profile bounty hunters in OP? I've always liked their pop culture profession, and outside of Zoro, always hoped to see more of them in OP.

Sounds like a good new job to Crocodile and his lackey actually.
    LIE
    CHEAT STEAL
    KILL WIN

Considering where we are in the story with Luffy's crew and grand fleet being what it is, the fact that they will be clashing with the biggest and strongest crews in the world, any bounty hunter would have to be ridiculously strong to mess with any of these crews. Just look at what happened when Blackbeard defeated Ace and turned him over to the Navy, Whitebeard's entire fleet descended on Navy headquarters and started an all out war.

I'd say if you're looking for bounty hunters Blackbeard's crew is about as good as you will get. He either sends his crewmates (Burgess) to get Ace's fruit or they target and kill Absalom to steal his fruit, as well as capturing and turning people over to the World Government. They have mostly become devil fruit hunters seeking out powerful fruits that suit their needs, killing the user, and stealing them.

Ah! Okay! Like I thought there's some heavy framing in there along with twitter's char limit. I'll get back to you on this after my classes today.

Good luck trying to reason with Joy Boy.

Quote Originally Posted by Joy Boy View Post
    https://twitter.com/ochimusha108/sta...96136302370816

Thematically or not what you say here is that power scaling wise Luffy could be capable of beating him.
    Forget this Luffy being capable or not talk

Greg: "I'm picturing a haoushoku-coated Momo being launched by Luffy's fist directly into Kaido for the final blow."

Hahaha what the hell??

You know, so far I could only imagine Momo dealing with the Dragonflames to stop Onigashima from squashing everyone, but the above scenario is so freaking stupid I would welcome it too.

So sort of a fastball special going into a kid goku chestbursting Piccolo sr?

Re bounty hunters.

I love the dark/antihero vibe of bounty hunters but aside from any world govt. funded super squads, since we're already dealing with Kaido, there's not much of a point. For bounty hunters to be a threat they'd have to be a threat to someone like Kaido.

If there's an insane alliance forged of every bounty hunter in the world...maybe?

Re comments on Luffy.

I said Luffy *maybe* could beat Kaido 1v1 at this stage.

Not that it's a perfect idea. Nor even one that I like. But it is possible as an option due to how Hyogoro foreshadowed the blossoming of abilities in combat. Luffy gained a stupid powerful upgrade and I doubt he's done yet.

With Kaido showing signs of feeling pain, it's clear that he's not invincible while fighting at this stage and while it won't be easy, there's still plenty to come from *both* of them. Remember, unless Kaido presents some serious dramatic Luffy-delaying ability (which he will definitely do) he can't raise the tension or the stakes to a suitable crescendo.

Would it be *wise* for Luffy to beat Kaido 1v1? No. Of course not. It's just not as exciting and despite his power-up(s) it still makes him OP.

In short, Oda has laid believable groundwork for such an option to be possible... it just wouldn't be interesting or satisfying.

Either way, it's clear that Luffy could never have made it this far alone so even if it was entirely 1v1 from here, it wouldn't even be close to a pure 1v1 victory.

Quote Originally Posted by Greg View Post

Would it be *wise* for Luffy to beat Kaido 1v1? No. Of course not. It's just not as exciting and despite his power-up(s) it still makes him OP.
    Talking about things being wise, you think a somewhat "dirty victory" through Luffy's own Devil Fruit awakening is still on the table? Considering that awakening was highlighted in Luffy's last major fights + the fact that both Blackbeard and Akainu hardcounter rubber?

Wouldn't now be the perfect opportunity to let Luffy rip with a broken (or at least favorable) fruit awakening without it affecting future fights too much? Bonus points for Rubber being superior to yet another "divine" being!

I keep seeing the it's just been revoked scene with Momo standing in for the bullet to the south africans head.

Quote Originally Posted by Jabra View Post
    Talking about things being wise, you think a somewhat "dirty victory" through Luffy's own Devil Fruit awakening is still on the table? Considering that awakening was highlighted in Luffy's last major fights + the fact that both Blackbeard and Akainu hardcounter rubber?

Wouldn't now be the perfect opportunity to let Luffy rip with a broken (or at least favorable) fruit awakening without it affecting future fights too much? Bonus points for Rubber being superior to yet another "divine" being!
    Awakening would come from nowhere at this point. I mean, we met two enemies that awakened their DF, but at no point we were hinted how to do it or that it would be necessary to beat Kaido. I feel the topic would have been explored, especially in this arc, more if that's the case. I feel the awakening is something set up for the next saga, rather than a tool to be used now.

If I am to guess, this "Yonko Saga" is about beating the Emperors and evolving haki (the key to victory). Then next one would have DF awakening as its powerup (while other crewmates develop haki?). After Wano, Luffy will still need to learn something to evolve, after all.

(And I think the one to teach Luffy awakening will be Crocodile for some reason).
    Wano predictions: There will be 5 acts; All Straw Hats will get fights, some in Act 4; Big Mom Pirates will arrive; Carrot will have her moment, but won't join; Yamato will be a Kouzuki samurai and Wano's Guardian; Shanks will visit Luffy in Act 5; Next arc is Mary Geoise.

Since Doflamingo had awakened powers and he was planned to be more of a Kaidou officer in early stages, I think there is still some connection between the current arc and devil fruit awakenings, if it's possible for a devil fruit to wake slowly. I.e. This fight is all about CoC but maybe near the end of the fight Luffy pulls a new move, due to desperation, that's actually an awakening, even if he can't yet control it. Similar to how Zoro used CoC without realizing it, and that plays out into the next arc.
    But if awakenings are more of an On/Off switch then this point is moot.

Crocodile being the one to give Luffy some tips on how to do it would fit, imo. He was the first one to mention it, and I still hold my theory than him turning stuff around him to sand and desert is part of his awakening and not just some normal ability he has for being a sand logia. But I gotta be honest, I don't like Crocodile as an ally, didn't like it in Impel Down/War, won't like it in the future.
    I love Croc has a character, the Captain Hook reference, the interest in ancient history, the sheer class of the dude, but he's a goddamn villain and should stay that way. No problems with him being a slightly better person after being beaten by Luffy, I liked how him and Daz Bones refused to escape prison with Miss Goldenweek, but I don't want them becoming "friends" or rivals, they should stay enemies. (I'm mostly still mad about how he treated Robin, that loveable archeologist)

Discovered Stowaway

"Either way, it's clear that Luffy could never have made it this far alone so even if it was entirely 1v1 from here, it wouldn't even be close to a pure 1v1 victory."

of course Not. Kaido did not fight on his own,he got help from Big Mom too it was two Emperors versus them

Luffy and yamato will fight of Kaido in the end, at least thats where the story is heading.

Greg how are you? I have a question. What do you think of this sequence of arcs after wano?

Vegapunk/elbaf
    Elbaf/vegapunk
    Raftel
    Final war

I've been saying for years now there probably needs to be at least one more *surprise* island before the end. Maybe its Vegapunk's turf, maybe its god valley, maybe its something else we have no inkling of...

but if it really does just go Elbaf-Raftel-War then we'll have known the *entire* journey in advance since Punk Hazard, the entire second half of the series... and that seems... too boring and predictable for Oda?

We need another Thriller Bark or Sabondy or Amazon Lilly before its all said and done. And we need Nami's 3-way compass to get used at least once instead of all vivre cards all the time.

Maybe the surprise arc will jut be Vegapunk on Future Island or something but... even that feels obvious?

(I think it'd be more interesting if super science guy was on old science viking village instead...)
    To support Viz hosting all Jump manga for FREE and day of release, Arlong Park will now support the official release.
    https://www.viz.com/shonenjump

Official chapter discussions now start Sundays at Noon, EST.
    Please do not post threads when scan sites release their version, and just discuss those releases in the spoiler thread.

That island where Donut and Pops are buried sounds good enough.

Its a good place for the reunion with Shanks, it makes sense that Luffy and Yamato would want to pay tribute and also a good place to tie Weevil into the story.

for me, the power up has made a kind of reset in this fight so i disagree a bit with the argument "it is not fully a 1 vs 1". Kaidou was not really injured before it and the only impact is that it made use his hybrid form.
    Indeed, Luffy would have not survived without the other but it is more like Robin saving him after is first fight with Crocodile.

Quote Originally Posted by Robby View Post

(I think it'd be more interesting if super science guy was on old science viking village instead...)
    Is Elbaf part of the goverment?

+ Reply to Thread

Thread Information