+ Reply to Thread
Page 444 of 444 FirstFirst ... 344 394 434 442 443 444
Results 8,861 to 8,864 of 8864

Thread: Greg: Teacher of SUPER " OP " course !

Default Re: Greg: Teacher of SUPER " OP " course !

Quote Originally Posted by andre View Post
    Reread the chapter because it just doesn't say that. There's no reason whatsoever to believe he knew nothing about the poneglyphs. There's no reason to assume the VOAT was new after getting to LodeStar. I suppose you can think these things, sure, but when you're saying my theory is impossible because of a head canon not supported by the text, you're in a weird place.
    It does. Roger only started hearing voices on the way to Fishman Island or entering the New World after Fishman Island shown during that arc, he had no idea what was happening.
    Here he tells he did not even know a final island existed before getting to Lodestar Island, where he learned what the Poneglyph mean https://s6.mangabeast01.com/manga/On...e/0966-008.png
    And since he explains about the poneglyphs and One Piece in context to getting to Lodestar Island, you can assume he learned it there https://s6.mangabeast01.com/manga/One-Piece/0966-009.png

Also consistent with that Inu said since you learn about the secrets of the Poneglyphs on Lodestar Island, as explained on Zou.

And then they started the journey anew, met Crocus and took him with them, went to Skypeia and he wrote the message onto the Poneglyph (which is consistent with Rayleigh saying he could not actually read them even with VOAT, Oden wrote it technically). And finding the Poneglyph was done with VOAT, since Roger emphasized how he hears them, so he purposely started looking for them after getting VOAT. And he learned about Road Poneglyphs in Wa No and Zou from Oden and Inu/Neko, knew about Big Momīs and guessed where the fourth one is.

Now you want to claim that Roger knew about all this stuff before, despite only actively looking for Poneglyphs for the last three years of his life or so and despite being a pirate for around three decades (was a rookie 52 years ago at least, maybe before, since Brook remembered him).
    Talk about head canon.

--- Update From New Post Merge ---

Quote Originally Posted by FolhaS View Post
    Poneglyphs are not exactly a secret in the world of OP, iirc.
    They're just curiosities of a bygone era, like a statue. Most people don't really care about them the same way most people don't try to find out who carved the busts of the roman emperors.
    Not even the WG is trying to erase the poneglyphs from existence just the people who can read them, so that they're never anything more than a silly mistery from some long forgotten civilization.

Roger is said to have visited all the islands in the Grand Line, it would be practically impossible from them to never stumble upon one. But when they get to Lodestar they find out "Oh, so these weird cubic rocks we found from time to time actually mean something, we need to go back and look at them more carefully".

Regarding Luffy and Roger having the same fruit, I'm on the Roger didn't have a fruit or at least not the Gomu Gomu camp. Someone would've said something. Even that mysterious line Luffy shouted in his flashback, when he apparently said the said thing Roger did, was adressed by other characters.

But, I've been thinking that then Gomu Gomu will play an important role in the story and that's why Shanks was looking for it, and it wasn't just some random loot they found.
    Giants, the WG, the fallen kingdom, and the lost history are all connected somehow. And Luffy keeps using giant-sized attacks, it keeps the audience thinking about how he'll grow phisically. He even announces it the first time he uses Gear 3 against Lucci: "This arm of mine is now the arm of a giant!"
    Now I don't believe that Luffy's final technique or awakening is gonna be him actually becoming a giant and maintaining that form, that could be kinda lame actually, but this giant aspect of him is gonna be very important by the end.
    No but what they mean is a secret, that there is a huge secret in the world that nobody knows about, and that the stone could serve as key to that secret.
    Like you said, most people barely know anything about history, and thus they are just remnants really.

I have always hated fandoms use of head cannon as an insult.

It's supposed to be a fun term ya'll.

Quote Originally Posted by wolfwood View Post
    I have always hated fandoms use of head cannon as an insult.

It's supposed to be a fun term ya'll.
    Actually sounds like one of Baby 5's attacks

Quote Originally Posted by MiyamotoMusashi View Post
    It does. Roger only started hearing voices on the way to Fishman Island or entering the New World after Fishman Island shown during that arc, he had no idea what was happening.
    Here he tells he did not even know a final island existed before getting to Lodestar Island, where he learned what the Poneglyph mean https://s6.mangabeast01.com/manga/On...e/0966-008.png
    And since he explains about the poneglyphs and One Piece in context to getting to Lodestar Island, you can assume he learned it there https://s6.mangabeast01.com/manga/One-Piece/0966-009.png

Also consistent with that Inu said since you learn about the secrets of the Poneglyphs on Lodestar Island, as explained on Zou.

And then they started the journey anew, met Crocus and took him with them, went to Skypeia and he wrote the message onto the Poneglyph (which is consistent with Rayleigh saying he could not actually read them even with VOAT, Oden wrote it technically). And finding the Poneglyph was done with VOAT, since Roger emphasized how he hears them, so he purposely started looking for them after getting VOAT. And he learned about Road Poneglyphs in Wa No and Zou from Oden and Inu/Neko, knew about Big Momīs and guessed where the fourth one is.

Now you want to claim that Roger knew about all this stuff before, despite only actively looking for Poneglyphs for the last three years of his life or so and despite being a pirate for around three decades (was a rookie 52 years ago at least, maybe before, since Brook remembered him).
    Talk about head canon.
    I didn't say that Roger knew about all of that stuff. I said he might have
    started being a pirate with a higher level of knowledge about the world than Luffy or most other pirates.
    Whatever you assume I meant is up to you. It's your head canon about me, lol. The reason I said this is in connection to Teach, who seems to slightly mirror him in how they viewed meeting their crewmates as part of fate and who Oda has hinted at being a student of history. It's a theory that's not necessarily true, but might be worth consideration and conversation.

As for the higher part, your pictures show exactly what I said.
    Also, the Viz translation at least does not say that he found out about Poneglyph after reaching Lodestar. It definitely seems that he found out about the Road ones at that point
    Here I am acknowledging that the Road Poneglyph's (and thus Raftel) were outside of Roger's knowledge. What does that have to do with my initial claim, that he might have known more about a vague something than most other pirates? I didn't spell out what that vague something is because I don't even know what it is, but if I had to make a guess, it'd be something related to Fate, the will of D's, or inherited Will. I do assume that he knew something about Poneglyph's at some point before going to Lodestar, because as I said, in that chapter (that you posted pictures of) he mentions them as having been banned by the World Government. Knowing as much implies that he knew about them before going to Lodestar, though it by no means confirms it.

As for Roger not being able to hear voices until going to Fishman Island... Uh, in the same chapter that we've been arguing over, before he goes to Fishman Island and hears the Sea Kings, he is able to find the Poneglyph on Skypiea by its voices. He says, "It was easy to find this stone. It's just packed full of strong voices." What does this mean? That we have no idea when he developed that talent except for it was definitely before the trip to Fishman Island we see in chapter's 967 and 648. Now it certainly seems that he had never heard the voices of Sea King's, but that's a different business.
    Check out my podcast for conversations about Greatness in anime, sports, music, and whatever else we can think of.
    mtgoatmore.buzzsprout.com

+ Reply to Thread

Thread Information