+ Reply to Thread
Page 321 of 328 FirstFirst ... 221 271 311 319 320 321 322 323 ... LastLast
Results 6,401 to 6,420 of 6546

Thread: Greg: Teacher of SUPER " OP " course !

Default Re: Greg: Teacher of SUPER " OP " course !

Greg have you met Steven Maeda,the showrunner of the live action series? If you did,what did he said about his knowledge of One Piece?

We're in an era where interacting with or embracing the fans on any level is 1 of the strongest forms of marketing. It comes off genuine if done right. Receiving a work with no transparency can work as well. Similar to a surprise album because it gives little time to doubt. Feels like there's been little to no communication from those involved with the show. It's been more of Oda and editors, etc constantly informing or restoring confidence that this will be done right

It's very possible they have good reason to be doing that.

Netflix is notoriusly tight-lipped about projects. They're saying everything they can without crossing boundaries.

I like to think there's a reason they have such faith.

Steven Maeda recently posted some One Piece-themed stuff on his Instagram though. Meanwhile i dont know why the Official Twitter account of the live action always posts just emoj.

Don't know what to say... Monquito's Avatar

Something tells me they trying to avoid backlash if they already switched character's genders or race.

Why would they do that? It's not like they could keep that sort of stuff hidden forever, and any backlash they might get for it, they're gonna get it regardless of when they reveal it. Might as well get it out of the way as soon as possible.

I recall this baby-crying over a lady from The Witcher series, then Henry Cavil saved the day and everyone forgot about it.

I guess if you keep it a secret all along, you can get said stuff not harming the overall success of your series, just an idea, I dont know.

Quote Originally Posted by Sengokusgoat View Post
    Why would they do that? It's not like they could keep that sort of stuff hidden forever, and any backlash they might get for it, they're gonna get it regardless of when they reveal it. Might as well get it out of the way as soon as possible.
    If you see info that displease you or too much drama surrounding it you might not check it out at all. If it's in the show and you might be more willing to stick it out if you are already an episode and see if that controversial part fits or detract from the version.

We all know how cruel the fandom can be. It's the best to announce nothing at all and let the staff just do the job. They sure don't need promotion at this point.

I went to the showrunner's IG page that was provided. He made a Chou Chou joke. I talk about Chou Chou on other OP forums and Discords and they barely remember him. Is this guy pandering to me?

Dogs get much affection in live action. They are cheat codes.

I would surely like a live action Chou Chou. Maybe Buggy will be the first villain of the series instead of Albida.

Main character beats a fat woman up. Not the best note to start a series on in this climate.
    Quote Originally Posted by Outerspec View Post
    Trying to understand Bleach is like trying to drink a bottle of bleach.

It makes no sense and you'll be dead before you're finished.

Quote Originally Posted by Roronoa Zacho View Post
    I wonder what your thoughts are with Oden's official intro (where he ate Oden on a crematory funeral corpse). In western Society we would call such an act "inappropriate" at least. Is this sth different in Japanese Society?
    https://one-piece.com/special/greg/d...1087.html?l=en

Quote Originally Posted by Monquito View Post
    Something tells me they trying to avoid backlash if they already switched character's genders or race.
    I don't see much reason to change the gender of characters, but there's a pretty good argument for incorporating different races in One Piece. For one, oda has already given us cultural and racial comparisons between his characters and our world. 2, the only design decision Oda has made concerning race is to give just about every single character the exact same skin tone. Clearly this is impossible in our world so if I were the showrunner, I would feel a lot of freedom to interpret certain character traits (design and personality even) in order to cast my characters. Or maybe I just wrote all this in the hopes of a South American Luffy.

Quote Originally Posted by andre View Post
    I don't see much reason to change the gender of characters, but there's a pretty good argument for incorporating different races in One Piece. For one, oda has already given us cultural and racial comparisons between his characters and our world. 2, the only design decision Oda has made concerning race is to give just about every single character the exact same skin tone. Clearly this is impossible in our world so if I were the showrunner, I would feel a lot of freedom to interpret certain character traits (design and personality even) in order to cast my characters. Or maybe I just wrote all this in the hopes of a South American Luffy.
    Black Luffy would break the internet.

Would be fun to see based on that alone.

With a name like Monkey, wow.
    Quote Originally Posted by Outerspec View Post
    Trying to understand Bleach is like trying to drink a bottle of bleach.

It makes no sense and you'll be dead before you're finished.

Quote Originally Posted by andre View Post
    Earlier anime chapters, showed Luffy as light brown skinned tho, getting him more white seems to be proportional to how much more boobs Nami gets.

So, it'll be fine whatever tone the showrunners decide to use from the wide variety of colors we've seen Luffy to be. But.... Netflix is a bit special yo' know, they'll go as far as turning Usopp into a redhead big muscled guy with Russian accent with no second thoughts on it. You better keep your doubts on this project.

--- Update From New Post Merge ---

Quote Originally Posted by wolfwood View Post
    Black Luffy would break the internet.
    And cast John Boyega to make sure once its broken it'll never be back again

For the first season, i'd prefer they stop at Syrup Village or Baratie arc, if it's less than 15 episodes. As long as they leave Arlong Park arc alone for the first season, that's a good thing. The weight on this guy's shoulders is ridiculous. I wouldn't want this.

We don't even have a teaser yet and most of the things talked about have been discussed at length and it's very complex. There's multiple layers that you'd have to be accurate about and even an understanding of the manga. I've already come to terms that it is an adaptation, but what narratives are left out, changed or even mixed is important.

There are people who are just concerned about the budget and CGI. With a series like OP, i'd think that those being hired to write the treatment, actually caring would be the priority. You can have the best CGI and budget possible, but if those writing the story don't care (DB Evolution writer admitted he wasn't aware), it's for naught. So far, the showrunner seems very invested.

Honestly, I really don't think OP (or most typical shonen) is a good fit for live action. I hope I'm proven wrong, but my imagination can't surmise how it can be a worthwhile endeavor next to the manga and anime.

+ Reply to Thread

Thread Information