+ Reply to Thread
Page 282 of 296 FirstFirst ... 182 232 272 280 281 282 283 284 292 ... LastLast
Results 5,621 to 5,640 of 5914

Thread: Greg: Teacher of SUPER " OP " course !

  1. #5621
    Discovered Stowaway The D.'s Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2014
    Location
    Wisconsin

    Default Re: Greg: Teacher of SUPER " OP " course !

    Quote Originally Posted by Blissed View Post
    This all started over him reiterating twice that he doesn't get why Usopp has the higher bounty/was seen as a bigger threat, but okay...
    And I still don't get it. If Dressrosa is what we're going off then why doesn't Usopp now have a higher bounty than Luffy, since Doflamingo deemed Usopp the bigger threat? And why would the government care about who was the bigger threat to a shichibukai who was blackmailing them to be a shichibukai? And why does Luffy have the highest bounty anyway? His only feats are beating people up which means that only his physical strength factored into his bounty. Or is it because he's Dragon's son? If so, why? The two have never even met, so it's not like the government would think they're plotting together. I know it seems like I'm being combative over something that doesn't even matter, but the bounty system just doesn't make any sense to me. Sorry if I was coming off as too aggressive here.
    Gonna give ya the D.!

  2. #5622

    Default Re: Greg: Teacher of SUPER " OP " course !

    Quote Originally Posted by The D. View Post
    And I still don't get it. If Dressrosa is what we're going off then why doesn't Usopp now have a higher bounty than Luffy, since Doflamingo deemed Usopp the bigger threat?
    I don't understand how you're seriously asking this. Luffy is the one that actually defeated Doflamingo, the mastermind behind it all, and is Usopp's captain, this is pretty self-explanatory stuff. Also part of it is due to it being public that he formed an alliance with Law.

    Usopp was not a bigger threat than Luffy to Doflamingo, I only said that was the perception compared to Franky. Doffy offering more for Usopp than Luffy was simply because he now had a deep grudge against him for obvious reasons. It wouldn't make any sense to give Usopp a bigger bounty than his own captain when he wasn't the one to defeat Doffy.

    And why would the government care about who was the bigger threat to a shichibukai who was blackmailing them to be a shichibukai?
    Aside from Luffy, Usopp was clearly the most pivotal Strawhat in the arc, and his new bounty reflects that.

    And why does Luffy have the highest bounty anyway? His only feats are beating people up which means that only his physical strength factored into his bounty. Or is it because he's Dragon's son? If so, why? The two have never even met, so it's not like the government would think they're plotting together.
    I mean this is all easily found on the wiki:

    - Several of the people he has beaten up are well known figures including Warlords.
    - He's successfully infiltrated Enies Lobby, Impel Down, and Marineford.
    - He punched a Celestial Dragon.
    - He's Dragon's son, and its already been established that the government takes family ties very seriously. (i.e. Ace being Roger's son)
    - He's the captain of his crew and has consistently shown himself to be more of an active threat than Robin or Franky will ever be, whose presence in Luffy's crew ironically makes him a bigger potential threat if anything.

    Saying Luffy only has his bounty simply for beating people up is grossly reductive.

  3. #5623

    Default Re: Greg: Teacher of SUPER " OP " course !

    Yeah, the most important reason is because he got Nezumi salty.
    Hidden:
    Quote Originally Posted by Tamiel View Post
    Try out my first game! All feedback is welcome, enjoy and thanks. Heroine: Kiku
    Hidden:

  4. #5624
    Discovered Stowaway The D.'s Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2014
    Location
    Wisconsin

    Default Re: Greg: Teacher of SUPER " OP " course !

    Quote Originally Posted by Blissed View Post
    I don't understand how you're seriously asking this. Luffy is the one that actually defeated Doflamingo, the mastermind behind it all, and is Usopp's captain, this is pretty self-explanatory stuff. Also part of it is due to it being public that he formed an alliance with Law.

    Usopp was not a bigger threat than Luffy to Doflamingo, I only said that was the perception compared to Franky. Doffy offering more for Usopp than Luffy was simply because he now had a deep grudge against him for obvious reasons. It wouldn't make any sense to give Usopp a bigger bounty than his own captain when he wasn't the one to defeat Doffy.



    Aside from Luffy, Usopp was clearly the most pivotal Strawhat in the arc, and his new bounty reflects that.



    I mean this is all easily found on the wiki:

    - Several of the people he has beaten up are well known figures including Warlords.
    - He's successfully infiltrated Enies Lobby, Impel Down, and Marineford.
    - He punched a Celestial Dragon.
    - He's Dragon's son, and its already been established that the government takes family ties very seriously. (i.e. Ace being Roger's son)
    - He's the captain of his crew and has consistently shown himself to be more of an active threat than Robin or Franky will ever be, whose presence in Luffy's crew ironically makes him a bigger potential threat if anything.

    Saying Luffy only has his bounty simply for beating people up is grossly reductive.
    I mentioned Dressrosa and Doflamingo because you were the one saying Doffy putting importance on Usopp is why he has a hugely over inflated bounty. But then you say what the importance Doffy placed on Usopp doesn't actually matter because Luffy was the one who beat him up? And then you go on to say Luffy has a higher bounty because the people he beat up were high profile strong guys. And then you further say that Luffy's bounty is high because he did all these other things like punch a cd, infiltrate enies lobby, impel down, and marineford, as well as being Dragon's son. But then why does his bounty go up only after beating up some high profile fighter? I'm not trying to fight you on this, I just genuinely don't understand because I'm an idiot, lol.
    Gonna give ya the D.!

  5. #5625

    Default Re: Greg: Teacher of SUPER " OP " course !

    Quote Originally Posted by The D. View Post
    But then you say what the importance Doffy placed on Usopp doesn't actually matter because Luffy was the one who beat him up?
    I never said this.

    But then why does his bounty go up only after beating up some high profile fighter?
    It doesn't only go up for that. I literally just gave you some examples like him being involved in Marineford and Impel Down. His boost to 400 million was literally because of those things.

  6. #5626
    Discovered Stowaway The D.'s Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2014
    Location
    Wisconsin

    Default Re: Greg: Teacher of SUPER " OP " course !

    Quote Originally Posted by Blissed View Post
    I never said this.



    It doesn't only go up for that. I literally just gave you some examples like him being involved in Marineford and Impel Down. His boost to 400 million was literally because of those things.
    Sorry about putting words in your mouth there. I must've misread something.
    But to your other point, I think Luffy's bounty went up to 400m due to the events of marineford. Where he directly challenged the top brass of the marines on their home turf and got away with his life. Most of which was televised to the world and reported on. It wasn't a victory, but it was still a confrontation with some of the strongest people alive. That's why his bounty went up.
    Gonna give ya the D.!

  7. #5627
    Queen's got the Funk Roronoa Zacho's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2009
    Location
    Vienna, Europe

    Default Re: Greg: Teacher of SUPER " OP " course !

    The bounties also often have "official" reasons:
    in Robin's case, she "officially destroyed several BC-vessels".
    in truth Robin can just read the poneglyphs.

    (Aokiji showed back then, that he would never be FA, no matter which other FA retired before.)

    in Luffy's case, he was responsible for EL's destruction
    in truth, a BC destroyed EL. Luffy just declared war and has beaten up a wg Agent.

    EDIT: everytime the BC is involved, a lot of cover-ups Need to be done.
    actual sized Queen-GIF (alternative colours): https://media.giphy.com/media/SUEiLt...hgCz/giphy.gif
    My imagination of Moria's ol' crew: https://ibb.co/hEDSv8


  8. #5628

    Default Re: Greg: Teacher of SUPER " OP " course !

    Quote Originally Posted by The D. View Post
    Sorry about putting words in your mouth there. I must've misread something.
    But to your other point, I think Luffy's bounty went up to 400m due to the events of marineford. Where he directly challenged the top brass of the marines on their home turf and got away with his life. Most of which was televised to the world and reported on. It wasn't a victory, but it was still a confrontation with some of the strongest people alive. That's why his bounty went up.
    I think it was a culmination of all those things.

    Funnily enough, I think if Luffy's bounty back then really didn't reflect his actual battle prowess, though far more his individual accomplishments(defeating 2 warlords, Rob Lucci, being the first person to break in Impel Down and causing the first mass escape, and making a show at Marineford, revealing he also had conquerors and the such).

  9. #5629

    Default Re: Greg: Teacher of SUPER " OP " course !

    They covered up the Impel Down escape, how much they never said, but the general population at the very least didn’t learn about the lvl6 escapees.
    3DS FC: 0516-7666-3837
    SW-4128-8032-0729

  10. #5630

    Default Re: Greg: Teacher of SUPER " OP " course !

    Wasn't 400 million bounty due to his second incursion in Marineford? The one with Jinbe and Rayleigh? Cause I'm pretty sure the Impel Down incident never got spammed in the public knowledge neither Luffy's presence in Marineford War was really relevant in word's eyes. More like the father Dragon issue revelation was way more incisive for his status than be one of thousands pirates fighting (and almost all of them were more worldly known than him).
    Prediction.
    Quote Originally Posted by rayleigh92 View Post
    a team of allosaurus, spinosaurus, pterodactyl, branchiosaurus, triceratops and ankylosaurus, keeping the T-Rex one for King and megalodon for Queen.
    Quote Originally Posted by rayleigh92 View Post
    what if Rocks wanted to become the king of world... and he did i? Imu revealed to be Rocks could be a twist

  11. #5631

    Default Re: Greg: Teacher of SUPER " OP " course !

    They do not need to justify bounties with "official" reasons. Luffy´s 100 million came from beating Crocodile, nobody knew about that, and no reason was given.

  12. #5632
    Queen's got the Funk Roronoa Zacho's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2009
    Location
    Vienna, Europe

    Default Re: Greg: Teacher of SUPER " OP " course !

    Quote Originally Posted by MiyamotoMusashi View Post
    They do not need to justify bounties with "official" reasons. Luffy´s 100 million came from beating Crocodile, nobody knew about that, and no reason was given.
    True though.
    (EDIT: But they often cover up $hit to Keep face in front of the world.) Since Luffy is a pirate, they might not Need a reason, but for 8-yrs-old Robin they came up with sth.

    TBH I was a Little disappointed of only raising his Bounty from 300M to 400M after all he did since TB/SA. Punchin a world noble, break INTO ID, break OUT of ID, cause a mess on MF, "attack" MF again.
    Jinbe's Explanation did Sound legit for the small raise, but now he is worth almost 4 times as much as 400M.
    Last edited by Roronoa Zacho; September 10th, 2019 at 05:19 AM.
    actual sized Queen-GIF (alternative colours): https://media.giphy.com/media/SUEiLt...hgCz/giphy.gif
    My imagination of Moria's ol' crew: https://ibb.co/hEDSv8


  13. #5633

    Default Re: Greg: Teacher of SUPER " OP " course !

    Quote Originally Posted by Roronoa Zacho View Post
    True though.
    (EDIT: But they often cover up $hit to Keep face in front of the world.) Since Luffy is a pirate, they might not Need a reason, but for 8-yrs-old Robin they came up with sth.


    TBH I was a Little disappointed of only raising his Bounty from 300M to 400M after all he did since TB/SA. Punchin a world noble, break INTO ID, break OUT of ID, cause a mess on MF, "attack" MF again.
    Jinbe's Explanation did Sound legit for the small raise, but now he is worth almost 4 times as much as 400M.
    That's probably where his actual strength and power is considered. People like Oven and Daifuku could probably make short work of`pre-TS Luffy yet they only have 300M. Like, Jinbe's post-Marineford bounty is barely above Luffy's despite his status. 400M is actually pretty insane for someone on Luffy's level back then when you stop to think about it.

    I think we've seen a lot of ridiculous bounties lately and that has kinda distorted the fandom's perception a little, but we shouldn't forget that as late as Dressrosa, the highest known bounty was still Ace's 550M.

  14. #5634

    Default Re: Greg: Teacher of SUPER " OP " course !

    Quote Originally Posted by Roronoa Zacho View Post
    TBH I was a Little disappointed of only raising his Bounty from 300M to 400M after all he did since TB/SA. Punchin a world noble, break INTO ID, break OUT of ID, cause a mess on MF, "attack" MF again.
    Jinbe's Explanation did Sound legit for the small raise, but now he is worth almost 4 times as much as 400M.
    Buggy took the bulk of the credit for organizing the Impel Down break in. Made it seem like his plan and effort that made it happen, and that he'd been a secret mastermind hiding in the shadows for decades, having been on Roger's crew and friends with Shanks.

    And as a result they offered him a Warlord position.
    To support Viz hosting all Jump manga for FREE and day of release, Arlong Park will now support the official release.
    https://www.viz.com/shonenjump

    Official chapter discussions now start Sundays at Noon, EST.
    Please do not post threads when scan sites release their version, and just discuss those releases in the spoiler thread.

  15. #5635
    Discovered Stowaway The D.'s Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2014
    Location
    Wisconsin

    Default Re: Greg: Teacher of SUPER " OP " course !

    Quote Originally Posted by Robby View Post
    Buggy took the bulk of the credit for organizing the Impel Down break in. Made it seem like his plan and effort that made it happen, and that he'd been a secret mastermind hiding in the shadows for decades, having been on Roger's crew and friends with Shanks.

    And as a result they offered him a Warlord position.
    Do we know Buggy's post ts bounty? Has it been revealed?
    Gonna give ya the D.!

  16. #5636
    Don't know what to say... Monquito's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2013
    Location
    Mexico

    Default Re: Greg: Teacher of SUPER " OP " course !

    Quote Originally Posted by The D. View Post
    Do we know Buggy's post ts bounty? Has it been revealed?
    Members of the Ouka Shichibukai don't have one.

  17. #5637

    Default Re: Greg: Teacher of SUPER " OP " course !

    Quote Originally Posted by The D. View Post
    Do we know Buggy's post ts bounty? Has it been revealed?
    He's a warlord, so its frozen at whatever it was at the time. They might have inflated it to make him seem more impressive, but they didn't bother with Hancock, Crocodile or Blackbeard, so its probably still just 15M.
    To support Viz hosting all Jump manga for FREE and day of release, Arlong Park will now support the official release.
    https://www.viz.com/shonenjump

    Official chapter discussions now start Sundays at Noon, EST.
    Please do not post threads when scan sites release their version, and just discuss those releases in the spoiler thread.

  18. #5638
    Discovered Stowaway The D.'s Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2014
    Location
    Wisconsin

    Default Re: Greg: Teacher of SUPER " OP " course !

    Quote Originally Posted by Robby View Post
    He's a warlord, so its frozen at whatever it was at the time. They might have inflated it to make him seem more impressive, but they didn't bother with Hancock, Crocodile or Blackbeard, so its probably still just 15M.
    Oh gosh, that's right. I totally forgot about shichibukai having frozen bounties.

    --- Update From New Post Merge ---

    Quote Originally Posted by Monquito View Post
    Members of the Ouka Shichibukai don't have one.
    Yeah, I forgot. Sorry about that everyone.
    Gonna give ya the D.!

  19. #5639

    Default Re: Greg: Teacher of SUPER " OP " course !

    If warlords system was taken down at reverie, I could see Buggy get a big bounty, for having army of level 5 guys.

  20. #5640

    Default Re: Greg: Teacher of SUPER " OP " course !

    Quote Originally Posted by Robby View Post
    Buggy took the bulk of the credit for organizing the Impel Down break in. Made it seem like his plan and effort that made it happen, and that he'd been a secret mastermind hiding in the shadows for decades, having been on Roger's crew and friends with Shanks.

    And as a result they offered him a Warlord position.
    Nah, they both got the same amount of credit because they saw them as equal partners in the breakout.

    --- Update From New Post Merge ---

    Quote Originally Posted by Sengokusgoat View Post
    That's probably where his actual strength and power is considered. People like Oven and Daifuku could probably make short work of`pre-TS Luffy yet they only have 300M. Like, Jinbe's post-Marineford bounty is barely above Luffy's despite his status. 400M is actually pretty insane for someone on Luffy's level back then when you stop to think about it.

    I think we've seen a lot of ridiculous bounties lately and that has kinda distorted the fandom's perception a little, but we shouldn't forget that as late as Dressrosa, the highest known bounty was still Ace's 550M.
    In that sense, Luffy´s bounty in retrospect makes sense, no doubt, but the others in his generation in turn do not though, like Kid for example, who received his bounty by hurting civilians, unless we are supposed to doubt that and he did something else entirely, but no such indication was given.
    Unless Kid was significantly stronger than Luffy pre-TS, which also did not get much hints towards, his bounty does not make sense, adn by extension the others neither.

+ Reply to Thread

Thread Information

Users Browsing this Thread

There are currently 7 users browsing this thread. (0 members and 7 guests)

     

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts