+ Reply to Thread
Page 268 of 270 FirstFirst ... 168 218 258 266 267 268 269 270 LastLast
Results 5,341 to 5,360 of 5397

Thread: Greg: Teacher of SUPER " OP " course !

Queen's got the Funk Roronoa Zacho's Avatar

Default Re: Greg: Teacher of SUPER " OP " course !

Quote Originally Posted by Johnny B. Decent View Post
    Bepo fought with the Tribe against Jack and was injured. So....probably not.
    Oh, didn't remember that context precisely. May I ask which chapter this was stated?
    Freakin Minks! All so damn loyal! Who is that traitor then?
    I even suspect the very first Mink we saw on Zou (the one hiding/escaping from Sheepshead).
    actual sized Queen-GIF (alternative colours): https://media.giphy.com/media/SUEiLt...hgCz/giphy.gif
    My imagination of Moria's ol' crew: https://ibb.co/hEDSv8

Bepo getting hurt does not exonerate him though, he would need to keep his cover after all.

It´s more about what narrative impact Bepo betraying them would have, not so much really, something you would expect and move on.

But that applies to most minks really, the exceptions are those that got a bit more focus like the dukes, Pedro, Wanda, Carrot, Sicilian.
    Everyone´s favorite, the little monkey Barriete, same applies to him as Bepo.

Honestly even someone like Sicilian wouldn't be impactful enough. Like, would anyone really care or drop their jaw if it's him? Probably less than if it was Bepo.

Yeah true, the only ones that would result in that are the dukes, Pedro, Wanda and Carrot. I named Sicilian because he had somewhat more screentime than the rest and acted pretty goofy and ridiculous, which would be a really good contrast to the scheming mind the traitor would need to have.

The Mad Moiselle BellisarioFaith's Avatar

Also, about Bepo getting food poisoning, Law didn't really stay and treat him; he mostly just was like "Why would you do that?!" about eating the poisonous food. After that, even though Bepo was like "Don't leave me, Captain!", Law did leave anyway to go distract/confront Hawkins. The next time we saw Law's crewmates, they mentioned Bepo still had diarrhea, so it seems like his illness was just taking its course without being treated, like Kin'emon's.

There's also the fact that whoever the traitor to Zou is knew that Raizo was on the island to tell that to Jack; we have no idea if the Heart Pirates knew that or not (or if they did, why and how they would have contacted Jack in particular). Ultimately, I don't think any of them are the traitor, and I think that scene of Bepo, Shachi, and Penguin in the prison, with them saying that the others probably won't believe them about that but they know Law will, was supposed to serve the purpose of basically confirming for us, the audience, that no, Shinobu is wrong and Law is right and the Heart Pirates aren't responsible for the stuff that's been going wrong in this plan.

Still not sure if we have enough information yet to get a solid idea of who the traitor is; everyone that we know of so far seemingly has some kind of reason for why it's probably not them: the Heart Pirates (already been discussed a bit), the Minks living on Zou (they knew where on Zou Raizo was hiding, but Jack didn't), other samurai in the alliance who stayed in Wano (they didn't know Raizo was even on Zou at all). Unless/until we get some kind of evidence that our reasoning is wrong, there are some logistical problems involved with suspecting any of them.

--- Update From New Post Merge ---

Quote Originally Posted by Roronoa Zacho View Post
    Oh, didn't remember that context precisely. May I ask which chapter this was stated?
    Chapter 810 was where the Heart Pirates declared that they would fight for Zou. Nekomamushi offered Bepo and the rest the chance to sit out of the fight, since they were under his care, but Bepo refused to sit out, because it's his homeland. The others then state that it's their crewmate's homeland, with the implication that they, too, will fight for this reason.

Chapter 811 has the montage of the Curlyhats treating the poisoned and injured Minks. One panel there shows Nami helping an injured Bepo.
    Hidden:

I don't think the traitor's gonna be majorly used for shock factor from us. I think it'll be comparable to CP9's reveal. Shocking, soul crushing, and terrible for Paulie (who will be played by Neko, Inu, and/or Carrot), but more of an awesome/cool reveal for all of us. At least, that's how I reacted to that reveal, but maybe I'm weird. Might be less awesome/cool given the Beast Pirate's track record so far, but something similar to it is what I'm expecting.

On the topic of the minks, is there any point of reference for how many minks we should assume have self-control during Sulong? I've been assuming it's probably a unique thing between just the Leaders and Carrot (and Pedro until he died), but I realized I actually don't remember why I've been assuming that anymore and couldn't find much of a reason to.

Quote Originally Posted by Marcotty View Post
    I don't think the traitor's gonna be majorly used for shock factor from us. I think it'll be comparable to CP9's reveal. Shocking, soul crushing, and terrible for Paulie (who will be played by Neko, Inu, and/or Carrot), but more of an awesome/cool reveal for all of us. At least, that's how I reacted to that reveal, but maybe I'm weird. Might be less awesome/cool given the Beast Pirate's track record so far, but something similar to it is what I'm expecting.

On the topic of the minks, is there any point of reference for how many minks we should assume have self-control during Sulong? I've been assuming it's probably a unique thing between just the Leaders and Carrot (and Pedro until he died), but I realized I actually don't remember why I've been assuming that anymore and couldn't find much of a reason to.
    We only know some can and some can't. I don't think it's ever been specified how hard it actually is. Jinbe was pretty surprised to know that Carrot could do it but that could have been because of her age. However we also know that an otherwise experienced fighter like Pekoms couldn't do it. So who knows. I'd say it's definitely more than just those three. It's never been implied it's so rare.

At the minimum the guardians and musketeers should all be able to control it. But it does not matter anymore as Tama can just help all of them in controling it.
    Hidden:
    Quote Originally Posted by Tamiel View Post
    Try out my first game! All feedback is welcome, enjoy and thanks. Heroine: Kiku
    Hidden:

I wonder if there's actually a traitor or if there's a 'Sugar' or 'Pudding' among them.

Where is this traitor theory coming from? There was never said to be one nor did any character speculate there was one. It also doesn't make any sense considering Jack had no clue where Raizo was & Kaido's crew has no information on the alliance's plans. If there was a traitor this whole thing would have been blown by now & everything thus far would be pointless since a "traitor" would have easily been able to give them all this information. There's also the fact that everybody thinks that Orochi is crazy for believing everything he does so why wouldn't this "traitor" confirm to Orochi & co that everything he says is true?
    Last edited by YoungWhite; July 11th, 2019 at 06:07 PM.

Because the Beast Pirates were able to track Zunisha multiple times, as noted by Wanda and Inu after the Straw Hats left.

Because they discovered the tattoo that represented the Kozuki allies. The reason why Yasui sacrificed himself and said he was playing a prank.
    Hidden:
    Quote Originally Posted by Tamiel View Post
    Try out my first game! All feedback is welcome, enjoy and thanks. Heroine: Kiku
    Hidden:

Quote Originally Posted by K. Kira XXIII View Post
    At the minimum the guardians and musketeers should all be able to control it. But it does not matter anymore as Tama can just help all of them in controling it.
    Huh, forgot about Tama's powers. I wonder what Oda has planned for her, cause man, that power is way too broken to not have some limits added on. Otherwise "Why doesn't Tama tame them?" might become a meme.

Queen's got the Funk Roronoa Zacho's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by BellisarioFaith View Post
    Also, about Bepo getting food poisoning, Law didn't really stay and treat him; he mostly just was like "Why would you do that?!" about eating the poisonous food. After that, even though Bepo was like "Don't leave me, Captain!", Law did leave anyway to go distract/confront Hawkins. The next time we saw Law's crewmates, they mentioned Bepo still had diarrhea, so it seems like his illness was just taking its course without being treated, like Kin'emon's.

There's also the fact that whoever the traitor to Zou is knew that Raizo was on the island to tell that to Jack; we have no idea if the Heart Pirates knew that or not (or if they did, why and how they would have contacted Jack in particular). Ultimately, I don't think any of them are the traitor, and I think that scene of Bepo, Shachi, and Penguin in the prison, with them saying that the others probably won't believe them about that but they know Law will, was supposed to serve the purpose of basically confirming for us, the audience, that no, Shinobu is wrong and Law is right and the Heart Pirates aren't responsible for the stuff that's been going wrong in this plan.

Still not sure if we have enough information yet to get a solid idea of who the traitor is; everyone that we know of so far seemingly has some kind of reason for why it's probably not them: the Heart Pirates (already been discussed a bit), the Minks living on Zou (they knew where on Zou Raizo was hiding, but Jack didn't), other samurai in the alliance who stayed in Wano (they didn't know Raizo was even on Zou at all). Unless/until we get some kind of evidence that our reasoning is wrong, there are some logistical problems involved with suspecting any of them.

Chapter 810 was where the Heart Pirates declared that they would fight for Zou. Nekomamushi offered Bepo and the rest the chance to sit out of the fight, since they were under his care, but Bepo refused to sit out, because it's his homeland. The others then state that it's their crewmate's homeland, with the implication that they, too, will fight for this reason.

Chapter 811 has the montage of the Curlyhats treating the poisoned and injured Minks. One panel there shows Nami helping an injured Bepo.
    Guess the chapter number isn't needed anymore, since you explained the context in Details. Thanks for that.
    Bepo getting sick while Law wanted to stop Luffy and Zoro was Maybe Oda's way to take Law outta the game for a short period of time. So this goes into Bepo's account of clumsiness rather than him being the traitor. And since Shachi and Penguin are with him like all the time, those two would have the roles as "betraying bystanders" (at least) and that's really unlikely. One traitor alone works better.
    I agree that the reveal of the Mink-traitor has to be someone jaw-dropping and just because he/she was hurt during Jack's assault shouldn't exclude him/her from suspicion.
    After all it would blow the cover if this Mink was the only one not hurt. I imagine that Jack could say sth like that before hurting said Mink.

Quote Originally Posted by Greg View Post
    I wonder if there's actually a traitor or if there's a 'Sugar' or 'Pudding' among them.
    Or just a 'Conis' (). Jokes aside, do you imply it's Maybe a manipulating, yet-to-be-revealed-as-evil female?
    Carrot or Wanda would be most impactful for obvious reasons. The betrayal would feel so real!

And who knows what the traitor endured to not to blow his/her cover. We're speakin of Endurance in a Story where People Keep in their babies for 21 months and where they Keep in their vomit for 13 years.
    To put the vomit-thing into a context: when Luffy ate his DF, Kawamatsu already wanted to puke but kept it in.
    When Sanji met Zeff, Kawamatsu already wanted to puke, but kept it in.
    Last edited by Roronoa Zacho; July 11th, 2019 at 10:35 PM.
    actual sized Queen-GIF (alternative colours): https://media.giphy.com/media/SUEiLt...hgCz/giphy.gif
    My imagination of Moria's ol' crew: https://ibb.co/hEDSv8

What sugar and pudding share is memory altering powers, isn't it?

Sugar was confusing enough, with people still hating on Usopp for abandoning Robin when she ceased to exist in his memory.

Advanced interrogation would be strange, as the ninjas seem to go for classic torture, with a mind reader or an absolute command those things would be superfluous.

So that means, an unwilling mole?

There is also the chance that the zou traitor and the samurai plan leaker aren't connected, as the zou traitor requires just a vivre card, and the leaker could be someone who knew the aka-whatevers and kinda understands kinnemon.

Things get complex with the timejump, who knew about them when they came to the present, Momo's 4 time displaced retainers I mean. Of the other 5, 4 didn't know when, and Orochi's circle seems to think impossible for them to come back, so some evidence had to let them trigger the fact that "we have to search for Raizo now", more important than the how (vivre card) is the why.

Is kinda important to check the timeline of Momo's journey since he and the retainers arrived at the present. And who knows, and could leak besides Shinobu and Okiku. When was Shinobu recruited?
    3DS FC: 0516-7666-3837
    SW-4128-8032-0729

Quote Originally Posted by Marcotty View Post
    Huh, forgot about Tama's powers. I wonder what Oda has planned for her, cause man, that power is way too broken to not have some limits added on. Otherwise "Why doesn't Tama tame them?" might become a meme.
    It has the hard limitation of being ineffective unless you well, actually eat it. Given that Tama's just a little girl, that's easier said than done, unless she works in tandem with Usopp or something. It might only work on SMILE users as well.

Quote Originally Posted by Greg View Post
    I don't know about Sugar but if by Pudding you mean someone who is hiding some dark stuff but isn't 'really' evil and will be on the good guys' side by the end of the arc (like so many others before her), then that would greatly increase the likelihood of someone like Carrot or Wanda. Plus it'd give an easy explanation to why the baddies know some things but not others: Because the traitor isn't telling everything.

Quote Originally Posted by YoungWhite View Post
    Where is this traitor theory coming from? There was never said to be one nor did any character speculate there was one. It also doesn't make any sense considering Jack had no clue where Raizo was & Kaido's crew has no information on the alliance's plans. If there was a traitor this whole thing would have been blown by now & everything thus far would be pointless since a "traitor" would have easily been able to give them all this information. There's also the fact that everybody thinks that Orochi is crazy for believing everything he does so why wouldn't this "traitor" confirm to Orochi & co that everything he says is true?
    Inuarashi was speculating about the possibility of a traitor back at the end of Zou and Shinobu was talking about it after the plan got leaked a few chapters ago too.

Well to be more accurate, Inu was speculating on how they obtained the Vivre Card, not that someone may have betrayed them. Our minds just made that assumption of there being a traitor from that bit of dialogue.

Which only leaves a traitor, or like Greg said, mind altering powers, otherwise no narrative meaning behind showing Inu and Shinobu state those things.

The only way to find Zou is to have someone on Zou make a vivre card of themselves and give it to Beast Pirates, which would make him or her a traitor, or Jack stole it, which lacks impact, or the story makes us think there is a traitor but someone crucial was manipulated somehow.

Thing is that the traitor would need to be aligned with the beast pirates, as their actions have led to undermine the shogun, who still doesn't know momo is alive, but Jack and Doffy, and by proxy Kaido, seemed to know.

The shogun also relies on raw torture, useless if you have someone with total command or memory reading.
    3DS FC: 0516-7666-3837
    SW-4128-8032-0729

I think it would be really cool and interesting if the traitor was Kanjuro.

+ Reply to Thread

Thread Information