+ Reply to Thread
Page 254 of 257 FirstFirst ... 154 204 244 252 253 254 255 256 ... LastLast
Results 5,061 to 5,080 of 5128

Thread: Greg: Teacher of SUPER " OP " course !

21st Century Schizoid Man S.C. Amigo's Avatar

Default Re: Greg: Teacher of SUPER " OP " course !

Quote Originally Posted by Jabra View Post
    I really miss Foxy. I wonder why Oda discarded him just like that? Most characters get at least a decks of the world appearance after all.
    Well, Toei's practically got a death-grip on him.

Quote Originally Posted by Greg View Post
    Did you miss the text when Moria looked like the male anatomy with arms?
    .... oh no.

I had in fact missed that text and now I... uhm.

Ew.

Quote Originally Posted by Jabra View Post
    I really miss Foxy. I wonder why Oda discarded him just like that? Most characters get at least a decks of the world appearance after all.
    Did he discard him? Or is he saving him for something later? I mean, he let Axe Hand go loose in the world nearly twenty years ago and still hasn't gotten back to that.

I think it was mostly a matter of timing and plot importance. After Foxy we got cover stories for Baroque Works (needed to set up Impel Down) Enel (moon stuff will be important later) CP9 (show they're alive and out there) and then the Strawhat seperation. All plot stuff that had to take priority.

After the timeskip well... there was no place to do a cover story for him anymore.

I imagine he'll turn up as a member of Buggy's crew at some point or something. Or maybe he's a character that Oda feels has been broken properly by losing his flag but doesn't need an actual redemptive arc, the same way Kuro never showed up again except in the anime..

Actually thinking about it, the anime really liked using Foxy for filler for whatever reason, giving him TWO full filler arcs, plus padding out his original appearance a ton) so maybe Oda felt leaving him alone so he could be exploited for maximum filler was something he could do for the animation staff. That the anime has not touched him since is beside the point.
    To support Viz hosting all Jump manga for FREE and day of release, Arlong Park will now support the official release.

Official chapter discussions now start Sundays at Noon, EST.
    Please do not post threads when scan sites release their version, and just discuss those releases in the spoiler thread.

So about that....

Toei traditionally takes an idea to Oda and he'll okay it.

When it comes to villains and original stories, Toei is eager to use past villains and for characters they *specifically avoid* it's usually because Oda has an idea for them down the line and he's trying to avoid story hiccups. That's fair game and I personally know of villains whom he has specified for such treatment.

This goes to show, however, that he doesn't have any big plans for Foxy, or at least nothing that would alter the story. This is why we got the Foxy special a few years back.

Do you guys remember when the Revolutionaries Commanders told Pink Beard that Black Beard doesn't care for his subordinates at all, do you think that's also true about his ten Titan commanders? Or does he at least care a bit about them?

So about that....

Toei traditionally takes an idea to Oda and he'll okay it.

When it comes to villains and original stories, Toei is eager to use past villains and for characters they *specifically avoid* it's usually because Oda has an idea for them down the line and he's trying to avoid story hiccups. That's fair game and I personally know of villains whom he has specified for such treatment.

This goes to show, however, that he doesn't have any big plans for Foxy, or at least nothing that would alter the story. This is why we got the Foxy special a few years back.
    Greg how's the davy back looked at in japan. Is it still considered one of the worst or " least best" arcs I did a survey with 2100+ people and 15 regions had 30+ people (the cutoff for sample size) and not a single one of those regions, including africa, latin america, china/east asia and india/south asia had the foxy arc as anywhere but last, albeit in mexico it almost beat out syrup village where in other regions it was rated (on a 10 point scale) around 1 point below their worst. Long and short of it, it was the consensus least liked

I just kind of wonder if Oda looked at the reception / or at his other characters and thought ehhh I can do this kind of character better or he wasnt interested in bringing him back.
    Chapter 437 Discussion after franky decides to join the Strawhats:
    So who think Usopp is inside that duffelbag?
    H x H Chimera Ant Arc / OP Manga Spoiler
    Spoiler:

Oda's likely to do the opposite.

"You didn't like him, huh? Well how about THIS!?"

I dunno if it's disliked so much as it's just not a traditional arc and thereby forgotten. I imagine in a few years Zou would probably be behind it because literally nothing happens during Zou except some great reveals.

That's the missing piece. Wapol was plain old monarchy, Spandam was nepotism, is Orochi just a handpicked puppet from foreign powers? Why did Kaido chose to support him of all people? I guess we'll know during Oden's flashback.
    3DS FC: 0516-7666-3837
    SW-4128-8032-0729

They're good drinking buddies maybe?
    Quote Originally Posted by Outerspec View Post
    Trying to understand Bleach is like trying to drink a bottle of bleach.

It makes no sense and you'll be dead before you're finished.

Discovered Stowaway Big Black Hole's Avatar

If you're complaining about it then all I can say is, maybe One Piece isn't for you, because you're missing something at the core of the series and if that's really how you feel, I promise that you'll be sorely disappointed at the end of this.
    Is this a hint towards you being "in-the-know" about certain aspects of the Final War, One Piece itself and all that, that you got through your contacts and which couldn't be deduced by simply analyzing the series by an ordinary fan?

Obviously, if this were the case, you would never reveal the specific details, which is totally fine, but this statement looks like a "Big Hint!"-moment for me.

Or maybe I'm just overthinking this...

Carrot's still never gonna join the crew.

Blink twice for no and once for yes

Discovered Stowaway Big Black Hole's Avatar

Yeah, it may have been a dumb question, so I might deserve an ironic answer.

And have read here since '05 and been here over 2 years as a member, so I should know better maybe.

But I didn't read/post here for a while and Greg's comment had this "Not-only-hinting-at-what-will-happen-but-also-the-symbolism-of-all-of-it", which made it alle the more meaningful and this coming from Greg himself and so on, so I couldn't resist.

Carrot's still never gonna join the crew.

I won't be vocal about what I do or don't know about the end right now but what you questioned came solely from my understanding of the series and everything that has come before rather than what will happen down the line.

Tke strongest single known being has face faults. Wanting Oda to *ever* go full badass is like waiting for the sun to rise in the east. The closest he's come is Mingo who winds up being an angry sad kid and Croc whose 'secret' still hasn't been revealed.

I loved how he trolled everyone with Katakuri.

Don't think I ever laughed so hard at One Piece. You know, the moment in which we see a typical shonen badass villain shamefully stuffing his weird ass face with donuts while singing about them.

That was maybe one of my favorite chapters ever (minus Katakuri going postal on those poor servants).
    Quote Originally Posted by Outerspec View Post
    Trying to understand Bleach is like trying to drink a bottle of bleach.

It makes no sense and you'll be dead before you're finished.

Quote Originally Posted by Big Black Hole View Post
    Is this a hint towards you being "in-the-know" about certain aspects of the Final War, One Piece itself and all that, that you got through your contacts and which couldn't be deduced by simply analyzing the series by an ordinary fan?
    Greg knows some things, since some of his columns get rejected or changed for reasons, but he writes those columns out of pure fan based speculation and reasoning. That they're denied sometimes is kind of a confirmation of "you got it really close and this borders on spoilers, so we can't print it", but he had to get to that point on his own to start with. So he'll semi-officially get some stuff confirmed that way, but he's not outright told big things.

He had a lot of stuff figured out about Momo and Kinemon way in advance, that the rest of use suspected too. Or he speculated Big Mom would be showing up in the near future, and that didn't make it to the column because by the time it hit print she was going to be in the story two weeks later so the column would be a dumb speculation at that point.

But for example, Cake theory was all him figuring out what Oda would think is interesting and how Sanji had to be paid off. He was firm in that theory because he knows how Oda works, not because someone on staff secretly told him. (And Greg's version of the cake theory was more interesting and exciting than how Oda eventually actually handled it IMO)

I don't think he knows anything super big or super crazy like what you're asking, so he doesn't know what IM or the strawhat are about or what One Piece officially is, but he's picked up a few behind the scenes things or confirmations a normal fan couldn't *officially* know. There are a couple things he refuses to speculate on publicly for that reason.
    Last edited by Robby; May 16th, 2019 at 03:04 PM.
    To support Viz hosting all Jump manga for FREE and day of release, Arlong Park will now support the official release.

Please do not post threads when scan sites release their version, and just discuss those releases in the spoiler thread.

Funny that Greg mentioned Croc and Mingo. Because from all OnePiece characters I dislike them the most. Followed by Law, where somehow all the persons around him, now and in his flashbacks, have more personality than him.
    "Often I think about my many comrades fallen by my side. I heard their curses against the war and its authors, the revolt against their murder. And I, as a survivor, believe that I am inspired by their will to struggle, for the idea of peace and human fraternity."
    Corp. Barthas, France, Feb. 1919

Law is the least OP character of all.

Atleast Lucci had a pigeon in a little suit

Law had that face fault which puts him below Mingo and slightly below Croc (^o^)

I don't think he knows anything super big or super crazy like what you're asking, so he doesn't know what IM or the strawhat are about
    Well actually....

Here I am, trying to politely say "You can't talk about stuff" so you don't have to say it, and then you do that kind of tease!

You sir, are a jerk.

Law had that face fault which puts him below Mingo and slightly below Croc (^o^)
    Doffy the bowlegged giant in a pink feather boa who plays with invisible puppets edging out pretty boy Law on the too cool for school ranking? -insert incredulous remark-

I’d vote for Sabo being least OPish, I just cant feel his character at all.

+ Reply to Thread

Thread Information