+ Reply to Thread
Page 211 of 532 FirstFirst ... 111 161 201 209 210 211 212 213 221 261 311 ... LastLast
Results 4,201 to 4,220 of 10635

Thread: Greg: Teacher of SUPER " OP " course !

Default Re: Greg: Teacher of SUPER " OP " course !

Greg, since seemingly Big Mom is coming to Wano I was wondering who do you think is coming with her?

Or is she going alone?

Quote Originally Posted by Lord Monkey D. View Post
    Greg, since seemingly Big Mom is coming to Wano I was wondering who do you think is coming with her?

Or is she going alone?
    Pretty sure she won't make it in time, and be taken on at Elbaf.... but I would loooooooooove to be wrong, two Yonkos at war with each other at the same time as Luffy is there that would be epic, but like I said don't think it will happen, the Yonko vs Yonko clash is definitely being held for Black Beard vs Shanks

still if she did come maybe Katakuri would be the dog character instead of dogstorm

Member of Beelzebub is Freakin' Awesome Group
    what I'm catching up on currently: Gintama, lone wolf & cub, Nausicaš of the Valley of the Wind, and lost in poem (by our very own AP member GEPPETTOSMONSTER)

Quote Originally Posted by choperman View Post
    Pretty sure she won't make it in time
    She has two weeks to get there.

Quote Originally Posted by Blissed View Post
    She has two weeks to get there.
    True, there's plenty of time for her to get there I guess

I just think with her connections to Elbaf, Luffy saying he would take her down after Kaido, And that Kaido should get his own arc and be beaten with a group collaboration based on the momotaro legend (which doesn't have any room for BM), and the hype of Big Mom being Luffy's first Yonko vs Yonko fight

I just don't see her showing up thsi arc even though she made it seem like that.... and again I'm hoping I'm wrong

what I'm catching up on currently: Gintama, lone wolf & cub, Nausicaš of the Valley of the Wind, and lost in poem (by our very own AP member GEPPETTOSMONSTER)

True, there's plenty of time for her to get there I guess

I just think with her connections to Elbaf, Luffy saying he would take her down after Kaido, And that Kaido should get his own arc and be beaten with a group collaboration based on the momotaro legend (which doesn't have any room for BM), and the hype of Big Mom being Luffy's first Yonko vs Yonko fight

I just don't see her showing up thsi arc even though she made it seem like that.... and again I'm hoping I'm wrong
    The idea that there is no room for Big Mom is an arbitrary restriction people have decided to place upon the arc. I can understand why people are uncomfortable over how exactly Oda would handle it, but it's still weirdly ignoring what Oda himself wrote. Stuff like what the arc is based on, or feeling that Kaido "deserves" his own arc, doesn't really mean anything. It's not even like she'd be this random addition to the arc. Since Fishman Island, each arc has had the Strawhats have been tied up with Kaido and/or Big Mom. (Hell, you can go all the back to Thriller Bark) Then in the Reverie arc, we learn that they have a shared history as well.

People are attached to Elbaf being the perfect setting to deal with her, but there still hasn't been no actual foreshadowing pointing to her going there. Meanwhile Big Mom explicitly stated she is going to Wano, followed by the Marines are panicking over the idea of two Yonko meeting, and on top of that, there's that newspaper clipping concerning Big Mom that Nami conveniently was not able to read as the crew prepared to enter Wano. Yet somehow her being dealt with in Elbaf is still more feasible for people. I don't get it.

That said, just because she's headed to Wano, doesn't necessarily mean she will be defeated there, and doesn't even prevent her from showing up in Elbaf as well. We'll see how it goes. But she'll definitely be in Wano. She won't be stopped off-screen, or arrive too late either.

I genuinely will never understand the skepticism.

Or is she going alone?
    That's an intriguing question and one that might help explain how Elbaf could realistically tie in with Mom still playing a role.

I don't believe she's going alone. She's not overly cocky.

But if Oda intends to drag her to Elbaf then I do wonder if he'll spread out her forces a bit so they don't all hit at once. In the same vein, if she strikes at full force and fails *again* that would take her down a notch as a threat.

There's plenty of room for her in the arc. BUT if she plays a major role and fails again? Oof. Not sure I'm crazy about that, especially if we're supposed to take her seriously.

As far as for foreshadowing for her going to Elbaf, we have it in the form of the giant who *witnessed* what happened at Totland that day. They may hold a piece of key evidence related to her which would be most meaningful if she's present.

Mom's dream *is* a good one. She's just going about it completely incorrectly because of meddling from Streussen and (very likely) Pudding.

After all, Naito-san does consider the Memo Memo Fruit one of the most powerful (just behind Law's) because of the power of influence it has and if Mom can make up with the giants, she stands a good chance of realizing her dream if she can shake off Streussen.

Also....damn....One Piece is just....it's so good.
    Last edited by Greg; November 19th, 2018 at 11:06 PM.

Discovered Stowaway Big Black Hole's Avatar

I would like to point out that there has been this theory that Big Mom and crew will be taken out by an assault of Sakazuki's Marines. Kaido is going down by Luffy (and Momo + Allies), Shanks by Blackbeard's hand. Who defeats Big Mom?

Does she have to be defeated? More likely "Yes" than "No", since Oda made a big deal of the old order and institutions being overcome.

Also, Oda gave clear hints that the Marines are headed towards confrontation with the Yonko. I mean, Sakazuki even placed the new HQ in the New World. Why would oda include this in the story if not for some confrontation with a Yonko? Also, Sakazuki was mentioned with Blackbeard as "two changes (Luffy) needs to know" in the New World. The Marines are set up for something big and since Kaido and Shanks already have clear paths how they will be dealt with, Big Mom remains and we are likely headed for a confrontation between Marines and Yonko. It would fit nicely and give the Marines a rightful place if they would crush Big Mom and crew.

When would this happen? Right or sometime after Kaido's defeat seems likely. That opens some questions: Will Big Mom come to Wano after Kaido's defeat? Will this happen at Elbaf? I think kaido's the first Yonko to go down, but Big Mom's turn is not long after.

Carrot's still never gonna join the crew.

A few more questions for you guys

Is Ninjutsu a real thing or is it just how wano explains it's devil fruit abilities and haki, and if Ninjutsu can be used what do you think it can do, things like making clones for sure but what about elemental techniques like in Naruto

and Last, do you guys think other supernovas/friends/enemies will rise up to take the place of emperors? like Law and Kidd or maybe whoever Roxs is?

A few more questions for you guys

Is Ninjutsu a real thing or is it just how wano explains it's devil fruit abilities and haki, and if Ninjutsu can be used what do you think it can do, things like making clones for sure but what about elemental techniques like in Naruto

and Last, do you guys think other supernovas/friends/enemies will rise up to take the place of emperors? like Law and Kidd or maybe whoever Roxs is?
    That's a nice idea. I would love to see Kid and Law becoming the new Emperors.
    But I suspect that Luffy's actions will change the world so much that even the Emperor's system wouldn't be used anymore. Don't know exactly how, but I'm reminded of something Sengoku said about the balance of the three powers. If we don't have the Warlords anymore, and MAYBE the World Government, then I don't see the Emperors existing as well.

I would rather if the world didnt need gigantic government bodies made of pirate crews or inmortal dictators.
    3DS FC: 0516-7666-3837
    SW-4128-8032-0729

Considering how little they do without Luffy I would prefer if they did not.

Quote Originally Posted by Chams View Post
    That's a nice idea. I would love to see Kid and Law becoming the new Emperors.
    But I suspect that Luffy's actions will change the world so much that even the Emperor's system wouldn't be used anymore. Don't know exactly how, but I'm reminded of something Sengoku said about the balance of the three powers. If we don't have the Warlords anymore, and MAYBE the World Government, then I don't see the Emperors existing as well.
    I assume that will be at the end of the series though, I mean the warlords system will probably be destroyed soon, but the WG obviously has something made by Vegapunk to replace it

the Marines will have there civil war, and through that and the revolutionaries and straw hats the world will be made better.... but that's probs at the end of the series

so shichibukai are out (soon enough) the WG will be split down the middle but not for a while so how will the power be controlled with two emporors (Kaido and Big Mom) out of the picture and then BB most likely killing shanks... My hope is law/kidd/Roxs step up to theplate (I'm not betting on this or anything just a theory)

Quote Originally Posted by maxterdexter View Post
    I would rather if the world didnt need gigantic government bodies made of pirate crews or inmortal dictators.
    By the end of the series, definitely!! but why would you want the destruction of all the world building before that??? I mean the straw hats need to be an intergil part of the take down of the emporors and current WG, and that takes time, it doesn't just poof happen, that would be lame if Oda just did away with Emporors and the WG, it has to be done over time

Quote Originally Posted by desa View Post
    Considering how little they do without Luffy I would prefer if they did not.
    That's less about them being usless and more about Luffy being the main protagonist of the series, there not gonna make a major impact to the world with out the protagonists help or it in some way affecting the straw hats

Do I wait till monday to post about this?

Has Greg commented on a certain fashion statement shared by 3 random characters across the series?
    Spoiler:
    A certain someone isn't wearing something in the latest chapter
    Last edited by Snir; November 23rd, 2018 at 08:38 PM.

I wonder if Greg was suprised about the DF's the BB pirates got too! I mean I know most people thought Shiryu was gonna get the Diamond df (which I think Jesus Burgess will get... but that's just me) but I didn't expect the clear clear fruit or a nine tails fox fruit lol

also Gecko Moria didn't get in shape over the last 2 years like most thought he would.... and I wonder if he'd actually join the BB pirates if they killed his crew, and what would that mean for match ups if he did

also are zoro and Sanji going to fight King and Queen? and if so how does someone like sanji power up enough to beat Queen when he got his ass whopped by Doflamingo (Raid suit?)

Come on. You two can't be a little courteous and wait until Monday or at least Sunday night.

Quote Originally Posted by Snir View Post
    Do I wait till monday to post about this?
    chapter stuff
    Yes. While Greg is actually seeing the chapters well before any of us now so he can do his columns, so spoiling him isn't an issue, he takes his official rep position seriously and holds all responses about chapters until after the official release. Here, twitter, and anywhere else.

So in the future, yes, wait for Monday.

Quote Originally Posted by Robby View Post
    Yes. While Greg is actually seeing the chapters well before any of us now so he can do his columns, so spoiling him isn't an issue, he takes his official rep position seriously and holds all responses about chapters until after the official release. Here, twitter, and anywhere else.

thanks, will do 161616

Quote Originally Posted by Robby View Post

I'm sorry I didn't know, I'll just wait for his blog from now on, I apologize

No worries mates.

There's a full Jump issue 52 sitting next to me atm so not being able to comment on it is silly but the benefits are... shall I say... #worthit

Well,since it's Monday( and anyway chapter was supposed to be released on Saturday, no?) i would like to put forward couple of questions to you.

What do you think about the design of King and Queen and related 'influences'/ tributes?
    Why Devon's fruit is dog-dog, not fox-fox ?
    ďWhen I despair, I remember that all through history the way of truth and love have always won. There have been tyrants and murderers, and for a time, they can seem invincible, but in the end, they always fall. Think of it--always.Ē

+ Reply to Thread

Thread Information