+ Reply to Thread
Page 138 of 215 FirstFirst ... 38 88 128 136 137 138 139 140 148 188 ... LastLast
Results 2,741 to 2,760 of 4292

Thread: Greg: Teacher of SUPER " OP " course !

The Die Has Been Cast Count Mario's Avatar

Default Re: Greg: Teacher of SUPER " OP " course !

The Giants are going to the Reverie?

Spoiler:
    "Life's not about finding out which card is yours, but finding out which cards you're not."

Quote Originally Posted by Count Mario View Post
    The Giants are going to the Reverie?
    Probably not. But the current cover story IS setting up like half the dresserossa crew going, and its onto giants now so they were on my mind.

King of Little Sisters ~ Chrior's Avatar

Maybe you were thinking of Kano instead, with Don Sai and all. They are indeed going. The Giant Pirates, I doubt it.
    The beginning of wisdom is the statement 'I do not know.' The person who cannot make that statement is one who will never learn anything. And I have prided myself on my ability to learn. (Socrates (Σωκράτης) method to enlighten people, ca. 500 BC)

Cavendish was his origin story (nothing about Hakuba)
    Barto was messing with Shank's territory
    Sai was about the impact of his marriage not going through, and that Kano is going to the reverie (how Kano has a pirate fleet and is a WG member is a mistery)
    What's his name (Long arm and long leg dudes) was about.. racial tensions of the long limb tibes? IDK. I'll read it again soon.
    Leo was about getting prepared to be Riku's bodyguards at the reverie
    Hardjuin (sp?) is about introducing the giant pirates, as they are like 5 of them total, and we know 2, and from Big Mom's flashbacks, we might know a few more.
    And Orlombus, who is such a blank slate that is just a mistery.
    We might get a freebie with Belamie, he is not part of the fleet but got a member card.
    3DS FC: 0516-7666-3837
    SW-4128-8032-0729

Quote Originally Posted by maxterdexter View Post
    how Kano has a pirate fleet and is a WG member is a mistery
    I figured it was a case of them being classified pirates years ago, given the WG's tendency to label anyone not sailing with their express permission a pirate, and then eventually joining up and having the pirate status revoked. You would imagine they'd make freezing bounties part of the negotiations when they joined, but the legacy of their pirate days lives on, even after they have WG permission to journey the seas.

That's all headcanon and conjecture based on the context we do have, but it feels like the most reasonable solution to me, and it's what I'm gonna believe until something contrary comes up.

Greg I know that you are a busy man, but can we expect more live streams from you?

What do you think, when and how will big mom pirates hear about katas defeat?
    I suspect that oven will ask brulee to get him back and boiling boy will hear the truth then.

After tea party for me middle seems predictable, but I can't figure out how this arc will end.

Even though gemra is here, they are still outnumbered. Their fleet is under threat from smoothie.

Ps. This is not really important , but what do you think. Will kata steal some techniques from luffy?
    For example combining snakeman style and donut attacks seem quite deadly.

Hi Fanboy!

This post
    http://apforums.net/showthread.php?t...=1#post3872827

Pretty much sums up what I've presented as my own speculation in the past few weeks.

Until further notice I'm not going to comment on anything beyond that but I don't mind clarifying previous posts/points.

As for livestreams, I just did one! Or, are you perhaps referring to that? If so, yes, now that I have a nice chunk of time and can actually talk, I'll try to get back in the routine.

SANITY IS FOR THE WEAK Drake_Cloud's Avatar

This might be a bit of a random question, but are English Translations considered when Oda names characters and places in One Piece? I'm specifically wondering about stuff like, say, 'Elbaf", which is widely considered to just be the English word "Fable" spelled backwards. Is it called "Elbaf" phonetically in Japanese based on the English wording? Is it some version of the Japanese language equivalent to "Fable" spelled or pronounced backwards so the reference was translated? Or is it something different entirely?

Just a thought that popped into my head today at work.

Quote Originally Posted by Captain M View Post
    I figured it was a case of them being classified pirates years ago, given the WG's tendency to label anyone not sailing with their express permission a pirate, and then eventually joining up and having the pirate status revoked. You would imagine they'd make freezing bounties part of the negotiations when they joined, but the legacy of their pirate days lives on, even after they have WG permission to journey the seas.

That's all headcanon and conjecture based on the context we do have, but it feels like the most reasonable solution to me, and it's what I'm gonna believe until something contrary comes up.
    Chinjao was a pirate Sai isn't. The leader decide what to dowith the crew. Chinjao liked piracy and treasures Sai liked serving and protecting his country.

Flagon Snaggin' Dragon Kaido King of the Beasts's Avatar
    Under your bed, in your closet, in your head

Quote Originally Posted by Drake_Cloud View Post
    This might be a bit of a random question, but are English Translations considered when Oda names characters and places in One Piece? I'm specifically wondering about stuff like, say, 'Elbaf", which is widely considered to just be the English word "Fable" spelled backwards. Is it called "Elbaf" phonetically in Japanese based on the English wording? Is it some version of the Japanese language equivalent to "Fable" spelled or pronounced backwards so the reference was translated? Or is it something different entirely?

Just a thought that popped into my head today at work.
    Elbaf is written in katakana (エルバフ), which is the Japanese lettering system for spelling foreign words and so phonetically is Erubafu. There's no confirmation (I think) that Oda based it off of fable but when the phonetics support that spelling then it's pretty much the obvious choice. Viz's "Elbaph" is technically not wrong since it's pronounced the same, but most people are gonna prefer the spelling with connotations.

Spoiler:

SANITY IS FOR THE WEAK Drake_Cloud's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Kaido King of the Beasts View Post
    Elbaf is written in katakana (エルバフ), which is the Japanese lettering system for spelling foreign words and so phonetically is Erubafu. There's no confirmation (I think) that Oda based it off of fable but when the phonetics support that spelling then it's pretty much the obvious choice. Viz's "Elbaph" is technically not wrong since it's pronounced the same, but most people are gonna prefer the spelling with connotations.
    Alright, thanks!

So greg now that the chapter is out did the namedrop of pedro being the only person who can stop pekoms in su long mode, change your odds in any significant way. It looks like he didnt transform all the way but considering oda doesnt just hype something up in the immediate future and shelf it usually. I can see a situation if he is out of control for pedro to reappear. IMO having pedro just show up seemingly unharmed is my worst fear. But how much could he do unless he was mostly fine. So I have no idea how the events match up especially if they are at Cacao and not WCI where he blew up
    Chapter 437 Discussion after franky decides to join the Strawhats:
    So who think Usopp is inside that duffelbag?
    H x H Chimera Ant Arc / OP Manga Spoiler
    Spoiler:

Clever you picked up on that LJSR.

While this didn't sway me one way or the other it offered more reasons for *both* sides of the argument.

He dead:
    1. They attack Pekoms' eye(s) which gives him the chance of being another one-eyed stand-in for Pedro, thematically speaking and Oda is a sucker for that.

2. If *both* Pekoms' eyes are gone then there's no need for Pedro to 'call back' Pekoms.

He not dead:
    1. The whole 'only his voice' argument. If this is as far WCI goes then it presents another opportunity for an emotional reunion in the future.

We *know* that the mink are going to play a role in rampaging later on and mentioning that bit about Pedro does a few things for Oda (and he might not have chosen which of these yet)

- It shows us Pekoms' dedication to give up his life.
    - It puts limits on Pekoms' power b/c even though he's a badass lion that SHOULD be able to wreak havoc (so long as he can fully transform) he's totally a berserker. This allows him to be god-tier Sulong since he can do as much hurt as help.
    - It tells us that Pedro could make a return by stopping Pekoms' rampage.

So yeah, still stuck in the middle. It's pretty fabulous.

Quote Originally Posted by Greg View Post
    We *know* that the mink are going to play a role in rampaging later on and mentioning that bit about Pedro does a few things for Oda (and he might not have chosen which of these yet)
    If Pedro pulls an Igaram to arrive at Wano, it would be flawless, then he joins the Strawhats as crewmember but it's killed by Aokiji coming from Teach's raid because looks kewl... then more drama for One Piece, a crewmember dead.

That.. would be awesome.
    Nothing exists; even if something exists, nothing can be known about it. Even if something can be known about it,
    knowledge about it can't be communicated to others
    . Even if it can be communicated, it cannot be understood.

I want to see Pekom’s full turtle form in both su long and normal form (if Zoan su long is a thing for minks).

Correct me if I’m wrong, but up till this point we have seen few Zoan users who can change just one (or few) limbs into animal parts. We have seen Marco do this during the war and Pekoms displayed it on FI. This gives me the impression he should be quite a competent Zoan user. So, go transformed mink ninja turtle!

Awakened Zoan Sulong Pekoms would be awesome but I unfortunately doubt he has Awakening.

Discovered Stowaway No swords style best style's Avatar

Would Sulong Awakened Pekoms teach Luffy how to take away an enemy's devil fruit power?

Just a status update.

Some big Sanji promotions going on over at the official site so my column is going on a mini-break.

My next column (#99) is scheduled for release on the 21st of this month and column #100 (which we're supposed to be doing something special for) will be released next month.

Quote Originally Posted by Greg View Post
    Just a status update.

Some big Sanji promotions going on over at the official site so my column is going on a mini-break.

My next column (#99) is scheduled for release on the 21st of this month and column #100 (which we're supposed to be doing something special for) will be released next month.
    So thats is the luffy katakuri based one right?
    Chapter 437 Discussion after franky decides to join the Strawhats:
    So who think Usopp is inside that duffelbag?
    H x H Chimera Ant Arc / OP Manga Spoiler
    Spoiler:

Correct, #99 has a few thoughts about Kata x Lu that I can expand on here.

+ Reply to Thread

Thread Information