+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 3 1 2 3 LastLast

Thread: What stories and OP-chars do you want to see after One Piece ended?

Default What stories and OP-chars do you want to see after One Piece ended?

So many characters, so many untold stories. AoT and Fairy Tail for example got some spinoffs I really had no interest in. What I'm actually interested in is, what adventures Buggy and Shanks had with Roger. Or how Kidd happens to rise up to become a Supernovae. Oda has provided us with a big and rich world where any character you like, can meet another character you like (or not) and have adventures with. So, when all the important stories about the strawhats are told, of whom should Oda and/or his successors should make another manga about? The possibilities are endless!
    “As I stand out here in the wonders of the unknown at Hadley, I sort of realize there’s a fundamental truth to our nature: Man must explore!” – David Scott, Moon

Default Re: What stories and OP-chars do you want to see after One Piece ended?

I think the most important story would be everything that happened before Gold Roger died. I'm certain that there will be more flashbacks about the ventures of the pirate king in the main story, but a full storyline about Roger's rise and fall in like 5 volumes would be fantastic. I also don't see why Oda and his co-workers couldn't potentialy make these events into canon, stand-alone stories while he is writing One Piece, sort of like the One Piece movies, except in the form of comics.

It might be silly comparing Mashima and Oda, but Mashima did work on those sideprojects at the same time as he was working on the main story.

To infinity and beyond! lello4ever's Avatar

the golden era of gold roger through his voyage

King of Little Sisters ~ Chrior's Avatar
    Topping the worldwide popularity contest, of course

I, like many others here, would love to see not Roger, but Garp, Sengoku and Tsuru in their younger days. The story of that trio has to be something incredible. One Piece canon spin offs written by Oda? Yes, please, I would love some, but if he has to take a break every 4 or 5 weeks in his main manga, I don't see him taking time for side projects any time soon...

Damn, Tsuru, yes! I also would fangasm pretty hard for some adventures about Buggy, his crew, Alvida and Mr. 3 during the time skip. Beating stronger enemies just by accident.
    “As I stand out here in the wonders of the unknown at Hadley, I sort of realize there’s a fundamental truth to our nature: Man must explore!” – David Scott, Moon

Kidd and sengoku are ones I most want to know more about.

- Roger's time
    - Ace's journey
    - Law's journey

What Sabo has been doing all those years.

we've seen the pirates, so it's better if we see the world of one piece through the eyes of the marines. i vote for garp's spin off. the highlights of his life from birth to the end of one piece canon.

Quote Originally Posted by DynamiteShikoku View Post
    we've seen the pirates, so it's better if we see the world of one piece through the eyes of the marines. i vote for garp's spin off. the highlights of his life from birth to the end of one piece canon.
    I always wanted a cover story of an alternate dimension where ace sabo and luffy are admirals.

Still hoping we get a least a cover/request.

I have a lot of Marine wants. We get a lot of glimpses, but not anything really detailed on the Marine side. Honestly, it feels like the most we've gotten was the recent stuff with Law and Corazon, and even that could be given more detail.

Outside of that... hmm... I wouldn't mind going back really far to stuff from Calgara and Norland's time. Seemed like an excellent exploratory time for that era!

Quote Originally Posted by TheGreatestSwordsman View Post
    - Roger's time
    - Ace's journey
    - Law's journey
    This. And Marine story with more details.

King of Little Sisters ~ Chrior's Avatar
    Topping the worldwide popularity contest, of course

Quote Originally Posted by Kisoto View Post
    I have a lot of Marine wants. We get a lot of glimpses, but not anything really detailed on the Marine side. Honestly, it feels like the most we've gotten was the recent stuff with Law and Corazon, and even that could be given more detail.

Outside of that... hmm... I wouldn't mind going back really far to stuff from Calgara and Norland's time. Seemed like an excellent exploratory time for that era!
    Ooohhh, following Noland's travels would be quite the tale!

well the oro jackson voyage through the grand line with roger as the protagonist seems like a no brainer really

- Monkey D Dragon's whole life story and Coby's journey to becoming a high ranked marine.

Quote Originally Posted by kcity View Post
    - Monkey D Dragon's whole life story and Coby's journey to becoming a high ranked marine.
    I would say pretty much the same thing +
    - A story based on the marines, with a few flashbacks on the admirals / vice-admirals
    - A few chapters on "Smoker and Tashigi~swan's ()" journey
    - The first pirate era (Roger's era)
    - Maybe a spin-off on the interactions between the Straw Hats on the ship ? 'Could be fun.
    - Spin-offs based on my favorite characters.

I don't think a Gol D Roger spinoff will not happen. His life itself including young whitebeard, young Garp, young Sengoku and young Tsuru will probably be a 50 chapter flashback before arriving or arriving on Raftel.

50 chapter flashback ?

That's quite a lot.

It would be cool to see what each of the big characters are up to years after, as long as it is contained within the actual manga and isn't a spin-off anime. I could see the final chapter being narrated by Nami, or someone, to a child or something... probably finishing open ended where the next journey is untold. Once the manga finishes there should be no Boruto, no GT. Although it is more content it slowy detracts from the overall impact the original ending will have.

21st Century Schizoid Man Johnny B. Decent's Avatar

I would like to see how the other members of the Eleven Supernovas rose to fame.

+ Reply to Thread

Thread Information