+ Reply to Thread
Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 1 2 3 LastLast

Thread: What stories and OP-chars do you want to see after One Piece ended?

Default Re: What stories and OP-chars do you want to see after One Piece ended?

Quote Originally Posted by dropper View Post
    It would be cool to see what each of the big characters are up to years after, as long as it is contained within the actual manga and isn't a spin-off anime. I could see the final chapter being narrated by Nami, or someone, to a child or something... probably finishing open ended where the next journey is untold. Once the manga finishes there should be no Boruto, no GT. Although it is more content it slowy detracts from the overall impact the original ending will have.
    yeah, a last timeskip would be fantastic. Usopp telling a story to his and Kaya's children. The children wonder if anything he told is true and then we see a final view of all the characters. I expect Coby to be an Admiral, for the others? I don't really know. I guess Brook us giving endless concerts.

Pretty much everything mentioned in this thread would be interesting to be honest.

Quote Originally Posted by Kaptayn View Post
    I would say pretty much the same thing +
    - A story based on the marines, with a few flashbacks on the admirals / vice-admirals
    - A few chapters on "Smoker and Tashigi~swan's ()" journey
    - The first pirate era (Roger's era)
    - Maybe a spin-off on the interactions between the Straw Hats on the ship ? 'Could be fun.
    - Spin-offs based on my favorite characters.
    Tashihgi's would definitely be interesting with her love and knowledge of all famous swords, could be a really cool story progression with the ranked nature of the swords.

A couple of short stories would be nice, though they should be done after Oda has taken a long break.

While I doubt that Oda himself would try to do a spinoff of the main storyline since he's put so much work into the current series, it still would be fun to see something. My personal preference would be of the Roger Pirates, perhaps how he also met Rouge, and also of the old timer marines in their youth. We've seen glimpses but it would be fun to see some adventures of their youthful days.

I want to know more about the clashes between Gol D Roger and Whitebeard. We know NOTHING about Roger fights!

Quote Originally Posted by BingBang View Post
    I want to know more about the clashes between Gol D Roger and Whitebeard. We know NOTHING about Roger fights!
    Well, his devil-fruit has to keep secret some more time ;). Seriously: gold roger flashback will for sure be a highlight at the end of the manga and i guess we will see him fighting there...

The Sayurama Alliance's Quest for Romance.

Quote Originally Posted by Candide View Post
    Well, his devil-fruit has to keep secret some more time ;). Seriously: gold roger flashback will for sure be a highlight at the end of the manga and i guess we will see him fighting there...
    I'm sure we will know more about Roger's when Luffy is going to blow up Shanks and co.

Shanks was Gol D Rogers pupil.
    Luffy was Rayleigh pupil.

King of Little Sisters ~ Chrior's Avatar
    Topping the worldwide popularity contest, of course

Quote Originally Posted by dropper View Post
    It would be cool to see what each of the big characters are up to years after, as long as it is contained within the actual manga and isn't a spin-off anime. I could see the final chapter being narrated by Nami, or someone, to a child or something... probably finishing open ended where the next journey is untold. Once the manga finishes there should be no Boruto, no GT. Although it is more content it slowy detracts from the overall impact the original ending will have.
    Well... Naruto's ending sucked and was made explicitly to create "a Boruto" after it. Not saying this in na agressive way, but I think very few people would argue that it was good. I also don't want a Boruto or GT for One Piece. What most people here want, I think (me included), is a bunch of short stories focused on less important characters. Not a continuation because, as you say, that detracts from the ending of the main story.

Who else would like something more "returning to the origins" in the far future, after Oda has taken a loooong break? What I mean is a collection of short arcs centered around a very small cast, mostly comedic but with just a bit of drama. Like One Piece was back in East Blue.
    Basicaly, who wants a new East Blue manga?

Quote Originally Posted by Candide View Post
    Well, his devil-fruit has to keep secret some more time ;).
    Ugh... I will throw away all my one piece merchandise if it turns out that Gol D. Roger was the previous owner of the gomu gomu no mi.

I wanna see Captain T-Bone's adventures.
    "Now I'm living out here on the beach, but those seagulls are still out of reach."

Quote Originally Posted by Eat n' Sleep View Post
    I wanna see Captain T-Bone's adventures.
    me too XD
    Spoiler:

By fire be purged

I wanna see the adventures of young Whitebeard, how he became "the man who shakes the world".

The new adventures of the Foxy Pirates:
    Chapter 1 - 4: Foxy meet, fight and befriend Buggy and his crew.
    Chapter 5 - 6: Filler arc, Foxy meets Gedatsu and Kohza.
    Chapter 7: Foxy flees from Smoker.
    Chapter 8 - 15: Foxy and his crew find themselves in the middle of a fight between former CP9 agents and some vice admirals, varying battle companions ensured.
    The end?
    “As I stand out here in the wonders of the unknown at Hadley, I sort of realize there’s a fundamental truth to our nature: Man must explore!” – David Scott, Moon

Robin hanging with Koala, Sabo, and Dragon for a couple years

Bellamy's entire memoires

A history book adaptation of Wapol's rule of the black drum kingdom or whatevs
    Steam | Battle.net: FelRes#1963
    \(゜∀゜ ) TSUKAME PURAIDO !
     \( `ー´)TSUKAME SUCCESS !

Obviously I would like to now more about Roger and his crew and WB...

But we're talking about 30 years into the future or so, so I find it unlikely...

Barto Club and there travel

Cobymeppo's and Bellamy's

--- Update From New Post Merge ---

Quote Originally Posted by FelRes View Post
    Robin hanging with Koala, Sabo, and Dragon for a couple years

Bellamy's entire memoires

A history book adaptation of Wapol's rule of the black drum kingdom or whatevs
    I still need to see what happened to him on Skypiea :(

Quote Originally Posted by Boing View Post
    Cobymeppo's and Bellamy's

--- Update From New Post Merge ---

I still need to see what happened to him on Skypiea :(
    He has a vivre card. He eagerly took it. He'll be back, meaning he's still relevant. We'll find out what happened when that time comes. Oda wouldn't let us Bellamy fans down. I hope.
    Steam | Battle.net: FelRes#1963
    \(゜∀゜ ) TSUKAME PURAIDO !
     \( `ー´)TSUKAME SUCCESS !

I assume Roger's story will be told in brief flashback riiiight before the crew discovers One Piece. In order to delay the anticipation for the treasure just a little longer, and give context to the emotional journey that led there... to make the treasure more than just a treasure.

I'd probably want to see the Fisher Tiger raid on Marijoa... and further adventures of Montblanc Noland, since he apparently did a ton of stuff.
    To support Viz hosting all Jump manga for FREE and day of release, Arlong Park will now support the official release.
    https://www.viz.com/shonenjump

Official chapter discussions now start Sundays at Noon, EST.
    Please do not post threads when scan sites release their version, and just discuss those releases in the spoiler thread.

+ Reply to Thread

Thread Information