NNID: Gibbs-free

Default Re: Undertale by Toby Fox

Ssssshhhhh ..... o.o

Worth the consequences.

Well. That was an experience.

So apparently material for Deltarun has just been kicking around Toby's computer since 20fucking12.

3DS FC: 0662-3589-2887

Apparently there's a bug with the uninstaller for the game, and it'll delete *everything* in the folder. So... be careful where you put it.

Haven't had a chance to play it yet. This weekend maybe.

That was time well spent, good job once again Toby Fox.

Spoiler:
    I expected anything to happen, and at the end I knew something was going to happen. I wonder if Toby plans on releasing an episode every Halloween? Only time will tell.

Also, so many little easter eggs at the end there.

A few things in case people missed them:

Toby's thoughts regarding Deltarune, written up before he released it

A few more thoughts on Twitter

Some major takeaways:

-The world of Deltarune is not the world of Undertale
    -Deltarune Chapter 1 is essentially a demo for the full experience.
    -Toby is planning on getting a team together to make the actual game, instead of doing it all himself this time.
    -So far, nothing besides the story has been worked out for the rest of the game.
    -The plan is to release all chapters of Deltarune at once, instead of releasing one at a time over a longer period.
    -Chapter 1 might be revised in the future on the official release.
    -The game is not planned to have multiple endings.
    -Deltarune was the original game Toby went off to make, and his first attempt at it turned into Undertale. That is why he has a lot of ideas and assets already made for it as far back as 2012.

3DS FC: 0662-3589-2887

Default Re: Undertale and Deltarune

i got a bit teary eyed just wandering around town talking to certain characters

It was excellent. :')
    Quote Originally Posted by Wagomu View Post
    There's a great lighthearted vibe around here, because no matter how serious we might get, we're all together because of some magical pirate.

Finally had the time to just sit down and devote myself entirely to doing Delta Rune.

Spoiler:

Ralsei is pure and adorable and I want to see him again

A dog exists somewhere David Ludwig's Avatar

100% accurate review would read again

Also can't wait for his plush!

https://www.fangamer.com/collections/deltarune

What's the main differences between Undertale and Deltarune?

Also, recently been playing Undertale. I finally get to play it, and I'm quite happy I did! I bought the game earlier this year, plus got the soundtrack for the game as well. Though not sure how to access it. (I bought it on Steam.)

Spoiler:
    Not sure if I should spoil this section, since the game came out a while ago, but I finished the Snowdin section, and moving on to the Waterfall section. It was fun to date Papyrus, but then he rejected me! T.T I already spoiled myself a while back about the game, but regardless still enjoying it. My plan is Neutral --> Pacifist --> Genocide --> Pacifist to try to get all the endings.

Quote Originally Posted by Stranger View Post
    What's the main differences between Undertale and Deltarune?
    Deltarune has three playable characters and it's being divided into episodes.

Quote Originally Posted by KageKageKing View Post
    Deltarune has three playable characters and it's being divided into episodes.
    Oh, cool! I probably play it sometime in the future after Undertale is finished.

Speaking of Undertale, I finished the the main neutral run, and going through a pacifistic run now. The music is very catchy, so I'm glad I bought the soundtrack! :)

Actual concert starts 45 minutes in.
    To support Viz hosting all Jump manga for FREE and day of release, Arlong Park will now support the official release.
    https://www.viz.com/shonenjump

Official chapter discussions now start Sundays at Noon, EST.
    Please do not post threads when scan sites release their version, and just discuss those releases in the spoiler thread.

I'm surprised nobody's posted about chapter 2 here yet. It's out in case you didn't know.

Man what a fever dream. That was pure chaos, visually and otherwise. Also Noelle is adorable. I hope she gets big roles in the coming chapters. Anyone did the weird route yet?

I played it the weekend it came out, just have a harder time talking about Deltarune since unlike Undertale it's not a complete experience, and not knowing where the story is going it's hard to go in depth about everything. That said I found this chapter to be much more enjoyable compared to chapter 1, which was already a pretty great experience. So many moments I was grinning and that Ferris wheel scene was so adorable. Looking forward to seeing what happens next in 3 years.

As for the other route.

Spoiler:
    I can't get myself to play the other route. Too many uncomfortable things that happen and I want to keep my canon the happy one with the regular route.

Weird route? I haven't even played the genocide route in Undertale.

Anyway, I already posted some quick thoughts in the What Are You Playing thread, but yeah, this was a good time. What's interesting to me is that Deltarune is apparently going to have 7 chapters and, at the rate these chapters are coming out, it'll be another 15 years before it's finished.

So yeah, let's hope Toby picks up the pace a bit.

Pass on the alt route for me as well. Like Genocide in Undertale, I just cannot bring myself to do it, I like the characters too much and I feel terrible going against that.

Definitely loved this chapter. I think I was laughing at every single interaction with the main "villain", and the character moments were all fantastic.
    I particularly like how easy it is to keep dissecting and thinking aobut character interactions and all the implications of the story based on what is done by Kris and what is done by "YOU"; it's keeping this meta-narrative that was one of the most interesting aspects of Undertale to me, and I'm really invested in seeing where it goes.

+ Reply to Thread

Thread Information