+ Reply to Thread
Page 18 of 58 FirstFirst ... 8 16 17 18 19 20 28 ... LastLast

Thread: Chapter 801: Opening Declaration

Default Re: Chapter 801: Declaration of Opening

Quote Originally Posted by MrPecans View Post
    Marvelous final arc chapter. I love the bookending with the quotes that introduce and then now play out the Dressrosa locale.
    Lucci's return, one final great speech by Doflamingo and great accompanying art, Barto-Club, new bounties, and a new plot line that
    deals with Sanji? This chapter was pure ice-cream.
    Do you mind if I put this above quote in my sig? (It'll replace the part about me being compared to Luffy. I have alot in common with him. But enough different that I wanna replace that part and your "This chapter was pure ice cream" phrase made me laugh. Plus, it sums up how I feel too.)
    Quote Originally Posted by Kornflayx View Post
    I don't know it exactly but Greg told that story on the One Piece Podcast. He works on a column for another Jump Magazine and seems to have access to Oda (?). So they talked and Greg told him about Game of Thrones and give him the series (or the books, I forgot) and Oda seems to like it very much. Hence the Game of Thrones in this chapter
    Wait. It was in this chapter??? Where??? I didn't see it!!
    Last edited by Sephi; September 24th, 2015 at 06:18 AM.

Default Re: Chapter 801: Opening Declaration

I said last week that Sanji is a CD( not the one you place in your pc) and now I will call it again. The CD, gods natural enemies with Ds working under a D. With all the ''luffy can make allies in anyone going around this arc'', luffy the pirate king can even make CDs go under him. Don't think he's just a random prince from the Random kingdom, would not be that important.

Come at me.
    Last edited by uniaka ikuzakas; September 24th, 2015 at 06:18 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by Kaizoku_Ou View Post
    Then let me ask you this, you don't think Zoro is worth a 300+M bounty? Do you? You believe Zoro is not on par with/on the same tier as ~300M pirates?
    Zoro's a strong guy, sure.

However, to compare against a few ~ 300M pirates;

Is he as much of a threat as someone like Kidd, a pirate captain who specializes in killing people who laugh at him? Who's actively searching for One Piece? No.

Is he as much of a threat as someone like Cavendish, a pirate captain who's murderous alter ego kills people indiscriminately? No.

Is he as much of a threat as someone like Pekoms, who serves under a Yonko and effortlessly defeated a super rookie with one punch? No.

Zoro has now surpassed pre-timeskip Kidd, pre-Dressrosa Cavendish and Pekoms in bounty value.

Do I think that's a fair reflection on a his threat level, a member of a fairly strong crew who's fairly strong himself? No.

Personally on a threat-level(and strength) I'd at least put a 360M bounty on his head, he has displayed enough to warrant it.
    Compared to others who've had bounties of around that amount put their head, I'd have to strongly disagree.

He's also part of the worst generation and usually takes on the next strongest guy after Luffy's. His feats are second only to Luffy.
    Killer's also part of The Worst Generation, yet after 2 years in The New World, apparently shaking up a storm, his bounty is only 200M.

Zoro's always taken on the next strongest guy after Luffy and up until now it's merited him 60M bounty increases.

Suddenly a similar action gains him a 200M bounty increase.

Oda has quite simply bent the rules to stop Zoro being a victim of Usopp's joke bounty, and to keep him in touching distance of Luffy, with a view to having a larger bounty than Jinbei when he joins.

The guy absolutely adores Zoro, so it's not that surprising.
    "Now! This is it! Now is the time to choose! Die and be free of pain or live and fight your sorrow! Now is the time to shape your stories! Your fate is in your hands!" - Auron

Quote Originally Posted by Light Bro View Post
    Awesome chapter! Really felt like reading One Piece again.

Guess the Doffy pirates evaded capture. How many weeks until the next cover story...
    I kind of resent it when people say it feels like they're reading One Piece again. One Piece is always One Piece.

Quote Originally Posted by Aldia View Post
    Well.. it's clearly not randomly.. Yonkos.. Shichibukais.. Supernovas. I really hope it's new character.. badass one, but that's something worth to be notice
    Maybe he is there to be close to the Yonko, not the Shichibukai. I mean, he works for Kaido now, so maybe Oda decided he should be depicted next to the Yonko.

Quote Originally Posted by Happycrab91 View Post
    I kind of resent it when people say it feels like they're reading One Piece again. One Piece is always One Piece.
    Tell that to all of Fishman Island, and most of Punk Hazard. Hell, even Dressrosa only somewhat went into the right direction.

Quote Originally Posted by Razh View Post
    That's nor exactly right. Bartolomeo was also called Supernova and Super Rookie, but it seems the terms are synonymous. Most likely a term is used for any pirate that gets to 100 mil prior to getting into NW.

Luffy's generation is distinct because they are called "11 Supernovas" . And they were possibly first who were called that.

Great chapter. Too bad the 7th Shichibukai wasn't shown at least a little. That's mean, Oda.

That unknown Revo could be the crow/raven devil fruit guy. My bet is mythical zoan Yatagarasu.

I also first thought Jack might be Morgan, for obvious reasons, but that just sounds too silly. But objectively, he could have gotten stronger, and eaten some pimp devil fruit. Best to reserve judgment.
    i checked the wiki for some clarity and it seems you are right. Having 100 million+ before entering the new world seems to be the deciding factor. It makes me wonder how many other super rookies entered the new world in the time the straw hats were gone. I doubt they were as many or as powerful, but still, we'll probably run into a few more.

'I guess there is no arguing with you then!!'

I like this line. It's exactly what he said to her back at mariejois, right?

Quote Originally Posted by KageKageKing View Post
    That wasn't him.
    Lucci* autocorrect made it Lucca. Sigh.

And it wasn't?

I don't even know where to start with this chapter, so epic.
    But to sum it up - oh Barto

This chapter was so much fun - Barto's ship is like the most awesome thing ever and it was great to get the new bounties. Sanji finally passes Robin but is surpassed by Usopp. Franky's reaction to be worth < 100M was hilarious. And Zoro reached 300M - best thing about the updates and I'm glad to see Luffy isn't "leading" the bounties with that much anymore. Chopper's bounty is still a joke, but at least Sanji's poster is no longer an ugly drawing.

It's been a while since the last time I enjoyed a chapter this much.

Hattori (and Lucci) <3

@ Robzilla: Why Oda would love Zoro more than the others characters that he created?

Hey Rob Lucci is back.

Great art for this chapter and good setting things up. Oda has been enjoying Game of Thrones obviously.

Quote Originally Posted by KzTxL7 View Post
    I wasn't distracted by Lucy being half naked.

You won this week Fairy Tail.

Quote Originally Posted by Halfmetal-lich View Post
    Hey Rob Lucci is back.

Great art for this chapter and good setting things up. Oda has been enjoying Game of Thrones obviously.
    Because word "throne" was said? *rolls eyes*

Wow. Normally cause I'm up so early the chapter threads only have about 7 pages. But 18? *reads the chapter* Holy crap. It basically addressed most people's concerns about everything and added a couple of questions.

Bellamy, DD, CP0...Lucci!? Super happy ending for Dressrosians. Barto's ship. Bounty increases. Sanji mystery?! This chapter was insane.

Oh... was I the only one who thought that the "only alive" on Sanji's poster was because of the G-5 marines? Though I doubt they have enough influence to affect the posters that much.

Great chapter, anyway! The only thing I'm missing is Kyros alongside Rebecca. Or am I overlooking something?

And I totally hope that someday we'll see Kuro reading a newspaper showing a picture of the God Usopp statue. Or at least looking at the bounty poster.

Quote Originally Posted by Downloading View Post
    Exactly. I don't see why a bunch of people think that that is related somehow to his past all of a sudden. The WG didn't get some "omg" news of his past in these past three days. Obviously he did something, he got some valuable information or something and that is the reason why they want him alive.
    The fact all the Swirly Hats got the same raise shows that whatever happened with Big Mom was not documented. They just got a "where the fuck were those guys? They were not with the other SH in Dressrosa... just give them a base raise to raise the general crew threat" raise. If the WG knew what happened between them and BM crew, you would expect individual raises based on whatever each one did.

So, as explained, the change with Sanji is most likely based on the fact the WG finally saw Sanji's face for the first time and recognized him.

Although I have to admit, as much as I want the SH to be developed, if Oda plays the Duval move again and say the WG mistook Sanji for someone else with heart eyes and weird nose it will be genius.

Quote Originally Posted by Razh View Post
    Luffy's generation is distinct because they are called "11 Supernovas" . And they were possibly first who were called that.
    I might be wrong, but I think they were only called that in chapter title (when they were introduced). No one in the manga ever called them "The 11 Supernovas". The term used to refer to them is Worst Generation (and it refers to them 11 plus Teach).

I don't get why their generation is seen as that, though. Aside from Teach and Luffy, it doesn't look like the others had done something that outrageous back when they started being called by that name.

Quote Originally Posted by Rivaille View Post
    @ Robzilla: Why Oda would Zoro more than the others characters that he created?
    Why would Oda like Zoro more than other characters?

Zoro's one of his oldest creations, that he's set up to be Luffy's right hand man since the beginning.

He loves the guy.

Comments like "Don't speak ill of Zoro" kinda cement it.
    "Now! This is it! Now is the time to choose! Die and be free of pain or live and fight your sorrow! Now is the time to shape your stories! Your fate is in your hands!" - Auron

Quote Originally Posted by .access timeco. View Post
    Although I have to admit, as much as I want the SH to be developed, if Oda plays the Duval move again and say the WG mistook Sanji for someone else with heart eyes and weird nose it will be genius.
    Yup. Voting on that. I want serious development, totally EXPECT trolling. Sanji and Oda's relationship works like that. Oda allows Sanji to be a fucking creep, and in return he trolls the shit out of him to hell and back.

BTW: Sanji's photo is from Fishman Island. Franky is seen in his Shogun form, which happened during Fishman Island or Punk Hazard, and he seems surprised they didn't take a normal photo of him. Was there a marine photograph on Fishman Island?

Quote Originally Posted by RobZilla View Post
    Why would Oda like Zoro more than other characters?

Zoro's one of his oldest creations, that he's set up to be Luffy's right hand man since the beginning.

He loves the guy.

Comments like "Don't speak ill of Zoro" kinda cement it.
    So it's more an hunch than an actual fact.
    I honestly don't see why he would love Zoro more than Nami for example but if you think so...

+ Reply to Thread

Thread Information