View Poll Results: Who gets a Sweet 2016?

Voters
24. You may not vote on this poll
  • Warriors

11 45.83%
  • Cavaliers

5 20.83%
  • Spurs

2 8.33%
  • Clippers

0 0%
  • Rockets

1 4.17%
  • Thunder

2 8.33%
  • Grizzlies

1 4.17%
  • Some other West team

0 0%
  • Some other East team (yeah right)

2 8.33%
+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 10 1 2 3 ... LastLast

Thread: NBA Season 2015-2016

Default NBA Season 2015-2016

Here's next season's schedule! Time for another exciting year in the NBA.

http://www.nba.com/gameline/20151027/
    http://espn.go.com/nba/schedule?date=20151027

Many eyes will be on Durant all season to see if he will indeed play at an MVP level once again. And after that, how likely is he to stick with the Thunder? Since he went down, we've seen that there are other capable teams besides the Spurs that are more than a match for him and his squad. The media is going to be even more saturated with Durant rumors so brace yourselves for reports of "beef between Durant and Westbrook" all season.

Are we seeing the last of Timmy, Kobe, KG, Pierce, Manu this season? It's going to be sad folks. I wish them all good health in what could be their final year. Duncan and Ginobili, good luck in your upcoming title attempt. Pierce, good luck getting that team past the second round. Got any buzzer beaters left in ya?

Default Re: NBA Season 2015-2016

Washington Wizards will make it to the Finals this year. Clippers will finally play to their expectations and also make it to the finals...

Clippers in 6

I wish I could tell you that Kobe and the Lakers fought the good fight and that the pundits and haters let them be....I wish I could tell you that.

But the 2015-2016 NBA season is no fairytale world.
    Quote Originally Posted by Ubiq View Post
    I've often wondered about that myself; seems like being supported by people who only want you there so the world can end in fire (with you going to Hell in the process) would be somewhat off-putting
    3DS Friend Code 0044-2806-5284

Quote Originally Posted by NateRich View Post
    Are we seeing the last of Timmy, Kobe, KG, Pierce, Manu this season? It's going to be sad folks. I wish them all good health in what could be their final year. Duncan and Ginobili, good luck in your upcoming title attempt. Pierce, good luck getting that team past the second round. Got any buzzer beaters left in ya?
    I'm 90% sure Duncan won't retire before he turns 50. Manu probably will. Kobe probably should.

Vegas favors the Cavs and Spurs the most. The Cavs have the East while the Spurs have a fairly easy schedule outside of a rough February. The Dubs, meanwhile, spend their first two months on the road but finish with like 17 of their last 24 at home.

The West will be pure chaos that's really hard to predict who will come out of it. I like the Jazz to make the playoffs this year, though, despite Exum being done. They have a lot of talent there even without him. The Mavs and Blazers will probably both fall out and just get replaced by the Jazz and Thunder I guess. But then the playoffs are a grindhouse that will probably favor the healthy. I suppose I'd take the Spurs or Warriors right now in the West if I had to, but I'd really rather not.

The Cavs seem like a virtual lock in the East, while seeds 2-10 or so could wind up in pretty much any order. I'm personally down on the Heat and the Bulls this season more than most other people are. I find myself higher on the Pacers, Celtics, and Pistons than most other people, as well. But all of them still sort of fall within that jumbled mess of "anything could happen within this group." I also started out very high on the Hawks, but I seem to get lower on them every day. It turns out that Mike Scott is now looking at up to 25 years in prison.

The Cavs are an easy choice as overall champs for me. I look at the finals, and it appears to be the Cavs vs an unknown Western team. So I'll go with the known team.

Quote Originally Posted by Green_vs_Red View Post
    I wish I could tell you that Kobe and the Lakers fought the good fight and that the pundits and haters let them be....I wish I could tell you that.

But the 2015-2016 NBA season is no fairytale world.
    I think they have 19 nationally televised games, so nobody is going to let them be lol.

Quote Originally Posted by Jabberwok View Post
    I'm 90% sure Duncan won't retire before he turns 50. Manu probably will. Kobe probably should.
    Kinda agree with you on Duncan his got sometime to continue compared to Pierce and Kobe.

I think Spurs is going to be one to watch out for though!!
    "There is no struggle too vast, no odds too overwhelming, for even should we fail should we fall we will know that we have lived."

Quote Originally Posted by Urouge View Post
    I think they have 19 nationally televised games, so nobody is going to let them be lol.

Some people just get off on watching awful stuff....unless you're the Knicks I suppose.
    I've often wondered about that myself; seems like being supported by people who only want you there so the world can end in fire (with you going to Hell in the process) would be somewhat off-putting

It's fun to joke about Duncan, but unfortunately the dude is 39 years old already. The fact that he did what he did last season at 38 is GOAT worthy stuff, but the reality is that it'll get exponentially more difficult for him to maintain that level of play every season. But they brought in other pieces to help take the load off of him. Even David West at 10% of his actual salary who can play center I guess? I understand that people have been waiting for the Spurs to get old for like 100 years now, but at some point it becomes physically impossible. I think we started seeing Tony Parker's body finally give up this past season. I think the Spurs withered old core is probably too old and withered to really help much at this point, sadly.

But what they have running around the outside with Aldridge, Leonard, and Green, is really a force to be reckoned with. And if Duncan can squeeze out one more really good season, that team will seem unbeatable. And to his credit I was down on him last year and he proved me wrong. I do wonder what they're going to do about the point guard situation, though. Patty Mills I guess, fingers crossed.

Some people just get off on watching awful stuff....unless you're the Knicks I suppose.
    The Knicks Christmas day tradition will die this year.

The Knicks Christmas day tradition will die this year.
    I guess some other team should paradoxically hold the honor of winning the most Christmas day games and losing the most Christmas day games.

I guess some other team should paradoxically hold the honor of winning the most Christmas day games and losing the most Christmas day games.
    Ah, have no fear. The Lakers still have their Christmas day game.

Pelicans with more airtime than the Heat is unexpected as hell. Celtics with 7 appearances? Must be that David Lee All-Star magic.

Based off of the final stretch of last regular season, I agree that the Jazz are ready to steal a playoff spot. I wouldn't count out the Suns though. Well, until they inevitably trade more of their guards lol

The Pelicans have Anthony Davis, and the Brow is must see TV. He's easy to advertise. Meanwhile, I don't think the Heat did very well with their national TV rankings this past season. The Celtics got 7 appearances due to market size, similar to the Knicks. The Knicks haven't seen as few as 7 appearances for as long as they can even remember. They still way overdid it with the market size thing in regards to the Lakers, like they had with the Knicks for years. Meanwhile the Nets, who have the Brooklyn market, only managed 1 game. The Raptors seem to have especially gotten screwed, being a perennial playoff team in a very large market, and the Pistons shouldn't be down with the Nuggets and Sixers. Meanwhile, the NBA will regret giving Portland every one of those 5 games. That team might be chasing the worst record in the league this year.

Rudy Gobert tweeted this out earlier. Most of it comes from the final two months of the season, and demonstrates part of why I'm really high on the Jazz next season.

The Celtics got 7 appearances due to market size
    If this were actually true, the Celtics would have had more than 1 appearance last year and 3 appearances the year before. And that was with a recognizable player(Rondo) on the roster. PP and KG leaving was good enough reason to take the national TV time. Now the team is trending upwards again, especially since the Thomas trade. But I'd like to think that finally getting rid of Bass and his overwhelmingly boring self is what ultimately helped the Celtics out.

If this were actually true, the Celtics would have had more than 1 appearance last year and 3 appearances the year before. And that was with a recognizable player(Rondo) on the roster. PP and KG leaving was good enough reason to take the national TV time. Now the team is trending upwards again, especially since the Thomas trade. But I'd like to think that finally getting rid of Bass and his overwhelmingly boring self is what ultimately helped the Celtics out.
    Well, they're not a king-of-the-hill market like New York, LA, or Chicago, which can command TV ratings regardless of performance, but they're still pretty damn big. How many games do you think the Bucks or Jazz would get this year if they played in Boston? The hype would be absurd. I mean, Boston got their games based on what exactly? A coach, Isaiah Thomas, and a 7 seed in a weak conference? Honestly, I like Boston's future. They seem like they could grow into a monster to me with all the stuff they're sitting on. But there's nothing tangible right now that actually makes the casual fan want to watch them play.

I could see the Bucks getting quite a bit of games in a bigger market with player like Parker and Giannis. The Jazz not so much. Most fans know Hayward and Favors are good players, along with Gobert on the rise too but they aren't particularly exciting(Giannis) nor were hyped coming out of college(Parker)

This guy has had some good vids but I don't think he can top impersonating Joey. My favorite part is when he makes fun of this:

Joey is awful.

Spoiler:

I could see the Bucks getting quite a bit of games in a bigger market with player like Parker and Giannis. The Jazz not so much. Most fans know Hayward and Favors are good players, along with Gobert on the rise too but they aren't particularly exciting(Giannis) nor were hyped coming out of college(Parker)
    Yeah well, we just disagree on Gobert. I see a guy I'd bet on becoming the best center in the league (assuming Davis is a 4). He only started the final two months of the season really after Kanter was traded, and that team went from a mediocre pile of sludge to the best defensive team in the entire league overnight. And Rodney Hood in his rookie season was probably a better offensive player than anyone the Celtics had last year not named Isaiah Thomas.

If a team like that with guys like Hood/Hayward/Favors/Gobert played in Boston, they'd get double digit national TV games this season easily. Very, very easily. Maybe fans don't know what's up with the Jazz because they get no exposure. Of course, most people don't really know what's up with the Bucks either, I find, despite the exciting playoff series they had against the Bulls. I'm blown away by the number of fans of other teams who still think John Henson is a 4, for example, when that experiment has failed miserably time and again. Probably because of 2k.

Thompson is finally signed and the Cavaliers are paying 35 million to their power forwards next year(45 if you count Varejao). Their payroll is well into the 9 digits now. The next closest is the Thunder, though they only have 1 'overpaid' player in Kanter.

The Ugly never die loneassassin's Avatar
    A solid gold house with a rocket car in front

Man the Cavs are so afraid of Lebron leaving they insanely overpay for Thompson when 9 out of ten games he will be at most a B player. And they still have to offer Lebron a lot of money when the TV money comes in after this season.

If you are gonna shoot, shoot. Don't talk
    RIP Eli Wallach

3DS Friend Code: 3454-0518-6166

Last edited by NateRich; October 24th, 2015 at 06:04 PM. Reason: 21st season for #21!

+ Reply to Thread

Thread Information