+ Reply to Thread
Page 5 of 16 FirstFirst ... 3 4 5 6 7 15 ... LastLast

Thread: Theory : Kaido has a Dragon Devil Fruit

Default Re: Theory : Kaido has a Dragon Devil Fruit

Quote Originally Posted by Fleet_Admiral_Akainu View Post
    Dragon?Nah...a cool DF,indeed,but not cool enough for an Yonkou.
    Whatever it is,it definitely must be one of the craziest DF ever seen in terms of power(just like Whitebeard's,for example).Oda certainly keeps the best ones for the coolest characters...and personally,I don't see Kaidou being an exception.The "Hundred beast' epithet seems a very strong hint of Kaidou's DF awesomeness.
    Anyway...thats just my two cents.
    Don't think you can get any cooler and more iconic than a motherfucking Dragon.

Quote Originally Posted by Smudger View Post
    Assuming he reached terminal velocity, he would be travelling at somewhere between 120-180 mph. Consider hitting a solid object at that speed unscathed.

Point being that the height he fell from wouldn't make much difference once he reached terminal velocity.
    Yeah real world physics and all, but Kaido is even abnormal for One Piece standards. Though my point was that Kaido could have just flown up high and have fallen to his death at any point in time if he had the ability to fly. It's like Ace looking for a match before trying to make a fire.

Quote Originally Posted by King Cannon View Post
    Let's get Monkey D Dragon in this bitch.

Twist:

Kaido has the Dragon Fruit.

Dragon has the hundred beast fruit.

--- Update From New Post Merge ---

Quote Originally Posted by Hiatus View Post
    there was no need to make such a big ass theory.
    If you got a good theory, you have to bring out points with supporting hints and evidence. Saying something is one thing (like the below) and showing how it was hinted in the story is another.

Not:

I think Kaido has a dragon devil froot cause datz awesome! He can fly and breeve fireeee.

These are just my assumptions and some might be reaching (a lot), but these are why I find Kaido to be an oni more likely than a dragon
    Spoiler:

Kaido's appearance:
    Depictions of oni vary widely but usually portray them as hideous, gigantic creatures with sharp claws, wild hair, and two long horns growing from their heads. They are humanoid for the most part, but occasionally, they are shown with unnatural features such as odd numbers of eyes or extra fingers and toes. Their skin may be any number of colors, but red and blue are particularly common.
    Oni were initially invisible, empowering mountains, the wind, thunder and other natural forces but became anthropomorphized to progressively take on its modern, ogre-like form, partly via syncretism with creatures imported by Buddhism, such as the Indian rakshasa and yaksha, the hungry ghosts called gaki, and the devilish underlings of Emma-Daio, the aka-oni (red ogre) and the ao-oni (blue or green ogre) who punish sinners in Jigoku (Hell).
    Relation to Fujitora and Ryokugyu?
    The oni's most famous variation - with horns like an ox and wearing a tiger-skin fundoshi, may be related to the kimon, the demon gate through which the world's misfortunes are said to come. The gate is located in the northeast, or ushi-tora direction - Ushi and tora being the signs of the ox and the tiger.
    Kaido being invincible:
    They are often depicted carrying iron clubs, called kanabo kanabō (金棒). This image leads to the expression "oni with an iron club" (鬼に金棒), that is, to be invincible or undefeatable. It can also be used in the sense of "strong beyond strong", or having one's natural quality enhanced or supplemented by the use of some tool.
    Kaido wanting to destroy the OP world:
    Traditionally the oni was a spirit of the mountain who was given offerings and asked to protect the town, or at least not to destroy it. Earthquakes and volcanoes were not uncommon (and still are not uncommon), and so it was believed that the oni caused these out of discontent with the people in the villages on or around the mountains they inhabited. In some places, oni were treated as deities of the mountain, to be honored and appreciated.
    Relation to Luffy?
    Some oni can also have a protective function like onigawara tiles found at the end of Japanese roofs are so called because they were originally carved in the form of an ogre's face, ferocious scowls intended to frighten away harmful spirits. On the other hand, monkey statues are thought to guard against oni, since the Japanese word for monkey, saru, is a homophone for the word for "leaving". In Japanese versions of the game tag, the player who is "it" is instead called the "oni".
    Possible ability to fly and the name "hundred beast":
    On top of their immense strength and appetite, some oni are also said to shapeshift or to fly at will, allowing them to traverse great distances quickly.
    Possible relation to Kinemon:
    In some stories it is implied that kitsune and oni do not get along.
    Possible interpretation on Kaido's defeats and Wano connection?
    There are many stories that involve samurai who slained many oni to claim their vast treasures. This seems comparable to the Western legends of dragons, that act as genius loci that the brave knights had to defeat as rites of passage or possession.
    Momonosuke connection/inspiration, possible smile connection?
    One day Momotarou, the magical Peach-Boy, decided to go to Onigashima, the oni island, where many oni lived and had stored huge treasures they stole from the town where Momotarou's adoptive parents lived. Momotarou and his animal friends (a pheasant, a monkey, and a dog, whom he had encouraged to become friends) were able to defeat them with the help of millet dumplings made for Momotarou by his adoptive mother. The oni swore never again to menace the humans, and Momotarou took back the treasure and lived happily ever after with his family and friends.
    Source: http://www.monstropedia.org/index.ph...#ixzz3ifsTy2sm

What about a Leviathan?

He could be like Garuda from Hindu and Buddhist mythology.

Quote Originally Posted by kcity View Post
    What I meant was, why not just fly up high and then fly or drop down to your death? He could go even higher than 10k meters by just flying, instead he just jumps down with relatively low speed. Doesn't make sense to me, but then again it's One Piece ;)
    He can drop down to his death without landing on sky island, but how can he be certain that he didn’t drop down from a 500 meters of altitude? Sky island serves as a measuring stick between the earth’s surface and the height of 10,000 meters.
    Last edited by Australopithecus; August 13th, 2015 at 06:35 AM. Reason: confusion between units :p

Quote Originally Posted by Australopithecus View Post
    He can drop down to his death without landing on sky island, but how can he be certain that he didn’t drop down from a 500 meters of altitude? Sky island serves as a measuring stick between the earth’s surface and the height of 10,000 km.
    10k is just an arbitrary number, didn't even put a dent in him anyway. He could just fly as high as he can before dropping down and surely he can tell the difference between a couple hundred meters and ten thousand at least

I don't hold the jumping down instead of just flying to his death against your theory btw, it would be more of an Oda oversight that he would just use a joke explanation for in an SBS if anything.

ill take the less obvious route and say he's a koi zoan. or a catfish.

You are on a quest to become the Pirate Prince, and you decide your fate!

These are just my assumptions and some might be reaching (a lot), but these are why I find Kaido to be an oni more likely than a dragon
    Spoiler:

Kaido's appearance:

Relation to Fujitora and Ryokugyu?

Kaido being invincible:

Kaido wanting to destroy the OP world:

Relation to Luffy?

Possible ability to fly and the name "hundred beast":

Possible relation to Kinemon:

Possible interpretation on Kaido's defeats and Wano connection?

Momonosuke connection/inspiration, possible smile connection?

Source: http://www.monstropedia.org/index.ph...#ixzz3ifsTy2sm
    His general appearance invokes that of an Oni (in fact, this appears to be the theme of his crew. They all wear horns and can shapeshift thanks to SMILES), but I doubt such a fruit exists. An Oni appears to be just a visual thematic in Kaido's case as he already looks like one normally.

And there's already a legendary Hito Hito, which an Oni fruit would fall into.
    Last edited by King Cannon; August 13th, 2015 at 06:14 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by Game And Guy View Post
    ill take the less obvious route and say he's a koi zoan. or a catfish.
    Why not fighting fish ?

whereuhavea<3 i'mahollow.. melody of dead.deanders's Avatar

it's a good theory and i like it.. but for some reason i doubt it..

MAL
    MAL info
    Spoiler:
    " Do you know me..?
    Spoiler:
    No..
    Spoiler:
    You're quite certain that we've never met before..?
    Spoiler:
    Yes of course.. "

Anyone who looks at Kaido can make a guess he has the dragon fruit, he just looks like one so Oda can maybe not go the obvious way.

Big MoM ate - 2012
    CC for nakama.

His general appearance invokes that of an Oni (in fact, this appears to be the theme of his crew. They all wear horns and can shapeshift thanks to SMILES), but I doubt such a fruit exists. An Oni appears to be just a visual thematic in Kaido's case as he already looks like one normally.

Yeah, might be. I'm not saying it's due to a fruit, just that Kaido has a lot in common with an oni, not just visually (invincibility, destructive nature, mythological tie ins).

Let's agree to disagree.

Quote Originally Posted by RamistaR View Post
    Why not fighting fish ?
    because that isn't a serene animal like the two i used

You are on a quest to become the Pirate Prince, and you decide your fate!

I don't hold the jumping down instead of just flying to his death against your theory btw, it would be more of an Oda oversight that he would just use a joke explanation for in an SBS if anything.
    Don’t worry about it, my friend. I was just sharing my thoughts.

Since he and some of his crew share a common structural characteristic (the horns), I was thinking that the explanation to his ‘oni’ appearance is that Kaido and those members of his crew belong either the same species or the same genus. Oz and Oars have horns and other structural characteristics that are reminiscent of ‘oni’(like long hair, horns, sharp teeth, and so forth), but we all know that such structural characteristics are nothing more than inherent attributes of their natural appearance.

Quote Originally Posted by Australopithecus View Post
    Don’t worry about it, my friend. I was just sharing my thoughts.

Since he and some of his crew share a common structural characteristic (the horns), I was thinking that the explanation to his ‘oni’ appearance is that Kaido and those members of his crew belong either the same species or the same genus. Oz and Oars have horns and other structural characteristics that are reminiscent of ‘oni’(like long hair, horns, sharp teeth, and so forth), but we all know that such structural characteristics are nothing more than inherent attributes of their natural appearance.
    Yea, same here. Just sharing thoughts and trying to find out the (soon not to be) mysteries of Kaido. I agree with the oni appearance being very much like that of Oz and Oars, but it's not just his appearance in this particular case. It's also him being invincible like an oni. The "oni with an iron club" (鬼に金棒), that is, to be invincible or undefeatable. Kaido's possible ability to fly and also his destructive behavior being like that of an oni seem to be alike. Lastly the characters that he is involved with like Momo, Kinemon and probably at some point Luffy also seem to be inspired by stories and myths about the oni.

Your theory seems just as legit though, so I'm still torn on what he is and what possible devil fruit he has. It just doesn't seem he could be both or he would be way too OP imo to be defeated as many times as he has :P

Devil Fruit? Nahh, if he has it, more easier to him to suicide.

There was a threat in the Void Century, something dangerous enough to terrorize the most advanced civilization in History. It was the reason of the creation of the Ancient Weapons that very thing, and a my theory is that Kaido comes down from that thing...
    Nothing exists; even if something exists, nothing can be known about it. Even if something can be known about it,
    knowledge about it can't be communicated to others
    . Even if it can be communicated, it cannot be understood.

Would be funny if it turns out he's not a user, or has a rather lame DF

I don't especially like the idea of a Dragon DF, it would either be too hax or too boring,dragons are everywhere in mangas these days and I still wonder why DD was after Momonosuke. Clearly it's not about the failed artificial DF, so there's more to the story than just Momonosuke's DF being a copy of Kaido's.

--- Update From New Post Merge ---

Quote Originally Posted by Shobu Yoruichi View Post
    Devil Fruit? Nahh, if he has it, more easier to him to suicide.

There was a threat in the Void Century, something dangerous enough to terrorize the most advanced civilization in History. It was the reason of the creation of the Ancient Weapons that very thing, and a my theory is that Kaido comes down from that thing...
    Why not Uranus, the third weapon? It still hasn't shown up, so there's that possibility too.

Quote Originally Posted by ladyhawke View Post
    Would be funny if it turns out he's not a user, or has a rather lame DF

I don't especially like the idea of a Dragon DF, it would either be too hax or too boring,dragons are everywhere in mangas these days and I still wonder why DD was after Momonosuke. Clearly it's not about the failed artificial DF, so there's more to the story than just Momonosuke's DF being a copy of Kaido's.
    It's more because of Kin'emon's own dislike of dragons, and Momonosuke apparently having a flying experience beforehand (and it's implied he already met Kaido too).

Plus, Kaido's name being a reference to a dragon road.

+ Reply to Thread

Thread Information